Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,749 members, 7,875,877 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:26 AM

Noise Pollution: Nigerian Pastors Are Deafening Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Noise Pollution: Nigerian Pastors Are Deafening Christians (635 Views)

Most Nigerian Pastors Are Fake, Not Called By God – Oritsejafor / Church Members Arrested During Service For Noise Pollution In Lagos / “These Top Nigerian Pastors Are Candidates Of Hell Fire” – 7rys Old Girl. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Noise Pollution: Nigerian Pastors Are Deafening Christians by nenergy(m): 7:34pm On Nov 10, 2012
Jesus Christ, his Apostles and even Paul didn’t use any form of voice amplifier, yet we still hear their message today.
Two Sundays ago, I honoured an invitation and worship at a church at Ajah, Lagos. After 3 hours of worship the only thing I went home with was the song the choir ministered and a pain in my ears- the speakers were too loud. The pastor didn’t help matters at all because his preaching style was “the voice in the wilderness”- he was shouting.
Imagine covering your ears while praying. It wasn’t a funny feeling, as I still experience little pain in my ears whenever I encounter ant form of noise.
Technical unit of churches should endeavour to reduce the noise and fine tune the output. The effectiveness of a message is not in its loudness, but it its ability to permeate the heart of the listener. Please brethren, are you a church worker, technical unit member or pastor, please let the auditory health of your members be your concern-reduce the noise! Jesus is still lord even without 4 concert-size speakers!
Re: Noise Pollution: Nigerian Pastors Are Deafening Christians by dominique(f): 7:59pm On Nov 10, 2012
Thought Lagos state government banned use of loud speakers In Churches and Mosques sometime ago. Theres just no continuity of anything Positive in this country.
Re: Noise Pollution: Nigerian Pastors Are Deafening Christians by nenergy(m): 8:11pm On Nov 10, 2012
dominique: Thought Lagos state government banned use of loud speakers In Churches and Mosques sometime ago. Theres just no continuity of anything Positive in this country.
I think the law only applies to external broadcast,so it doesn't apply to the concert-size speakers some of these churches use in the auditorium sad
Re: Noise Pollution: Nigerian Pastors Are Deafening Christians by Nobody: 7:29am On Nov 11, 2012
Lol..
I remember when I used to work for the technical unit of one of the major churches. I'd reduce the volume of the microphones and get set for service only for the preacher to mount the microphone then complain he could,kt hear himself. This was despite the face that there were two monitor speakers close to him, just beside the pulpit.

Like the prophets of Baal, I think most nigerian chrisitians gete excited by raucous prayers and preaching.. That's the right 'atmosphere' to be slain by the spirit...

1 Like

Re: Noise Pollution: Nigerian Pastors Are Deafening Christians by nenergy(m): 11:47am On Nov 11, 2012
I stumbled on this. Approved Decibel is 65 during the day and 45 at night.
https://www.nairaland.com/860146/noise-pollution-religious-leaders-deny

(1) (Reply)

How To Know A Scam Or Fake Spiritualist / Religion Without Morality! / Prove There Is A God - Even Without The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.