Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,842 members, 7,945,703 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 01:22 AM

Would You Rather Be Alone Or Settle For Someone That's Not 'Your Type'? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Rather Be Alone Or Settle For Someone That's Not 'Your Type'? (8699 Views)

Ladies, Which One Of These Men Is Your Type? ( Photos ) / Deleted / Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Rather Be Alone Or Settle For Someone That's Not 'Your Type'? by yhemini: 6:32am On Nov 12, 2012
I'd rather be alone, what's the point in me marrying someone I don't cherish or like.
Re: Would You Rather Be Alone Or Settle For Someone That's Not 'Your Type'? by Nobody: 6:36am On Nov 12, 2012
Still struggling with what people really mean by: 'my type'.
Re: Would You Rather Be Alone Or Settle For Someone That's Not 'Your Type'? by Nobody: 6:47am On Nov 12, 2012
Ezeed: Still struggling with what people really mean by: 'my type'.
Your dream guy (prince charming)
Re: Would You Rather Be Alone Or Settle For Someone That's Not 'Your Type'? by ideee03(f): 6:50am On Nov 12, 2012
blogger1.0:

loool, being alone doesn't mean i will not still be knacking one night stand kpekus na
*ringing a bell nd pasiing by*REPENT 4 D KINGDOM OF GOD IS AT HAND!!!

1 Like

Re: Would You Rather Be Alone Or Settle For Someone That's Not 'Your Type'? by Ehijess(f): 6:56am On Nov 12, 2012
I could settle if d person loves and cares for me and is tall and presentable.

1 Like

Re: Would You Rather Be Alone Or Settle For Someone That's Not 'Your Type'? by victorD3: 6:59am On Nov 12, 2012
totalbaby:
are you sure you were not dumped? smh it's men like you who chop girls left ryt n centre than come back to complain that there are no more virgins, or 80% of nigerian men are not the fathers of their kids or you can't find a faithful women. it's better u remain alone and have your 1nyt stands with prostitutes. fool

ah ah! You dey vex?
Re: Would You Rather Be Alone Or Settle For Someone That's Not 'Your Type'? by Nobody: 6:59am On Nov 12, 2012
Ehijess: I could settle if d person loves and cares for me and is tall and presentable.
Huh?
Re: Would You Rather Be Alone Or Settle For Someone That's Not 'Your Type'? by DukeNija(m): 7:14am On Nov 12, 2012
Ehijess: I could settle if d person loves and cares for me and is tall and presentable.

See this Ode.
Tall and Presentable. SMH
Re: Would You Rather Be Alone Or Settle For Someone That's Not 'Your Type'? by digitalgeorgy(m): 7:50am On Nov 12, 2012
totalbaby:
you have sense but i hope you are not expecting a servant to do as she is told just because you instructed
nah!! Am nt commanding her.. Am jst hlpng her to grow by showing her the right path **with love** if u marry warrior, then u go kw say to stay 4 beer parlour make sense pass to go ur house..
Re: Would You Rather Be Alone Or Settle For Someone That's Not 'Your Type'? by digitalgeorgy(m): 7:56am On Nov 12, 2012
Duke_Nija:
Infact, I prefer a Woman I love more(at the early stage) than one who loves me more than I do her.
With my Consistent Love and Care, her Love for me will Sky Rocket, eventually exceeding mine.

Women Love Naturally
we are almost making d same point here.. Y didnt d Bible say ''women love u husband bt b sumissv?? Becos their love rises naturally.
I kw of a man that beats his wife everynight bt d wife still does the right tyns not minding the pains. When she was asked y, her response was ''i still love him''...
My guy d story is no more d same today, y?? The man went back to his closet and had a rethink, and decided to change.
That's how the love of a wife can boost the love of her husband..
Re: Would You Rather Be Alone Or Settle For Someone That's Not 'Your Type'? by Bamz(m): 8:06am On Nov 12, 2012
Duke_Nija:

I Stand to oppose this baseless bathroom Generalisation.
When did you become Cupid to determine whose Love holds a Relationship.

PERSONALY, it is impossible for me to love a Woman I do not Love/Like no matter how wonderful and loving She may be.
If I don't love You, I don't love you.
Infact, I prefer a Woman I love more(at the early stage) than one who loves me more than I do her.
With my Consistent Love and Care, her Love for me will Sky Rocket, eventually exceeding mine.

Men should Love their Women more at the early stage cos men have the tendency to 'lose it' mid-way.
Women Love Naturally.

Even God said 'Husbands Love Your Wives' angry its a Command.

Totally spot on.
Re: Would You Rather Be Alone Or Settle For Someone That's Not 'Your Type'? by Bamz(m): 8:20am On Nov 12, 2012
And for the OP, yes, you started the thread like a mature person, but I'm really having my misgivings about that... But anyway it all comes down to your happiness as some have stated. Also remember, treat girls well; whatever goes around comes around.
Re: Would You Rather Be Alone Or Settle For Someone That's Not 'Your Type'? by kunletech: 9:07am On Nov 12, 2012
digitalgeorgy:
nah!! Am nt commanding her.. Am jst hlpng her to grow by showing her the right path **with love** if u marry warrior, then u go kw say to stay 4 beer parlour make sense pass to go ur house..

Bros, you done answered all the question finish.
You score 100%
Re: Would You Rather Be Alone Or Settle For Someone That's Not 'Your Type'? by AdeniyiA(m): 10:12am On Nov 12, 2012
Ezeed: Still struggling with what people really mean by: 'my type'.

stop struggling, ur type of guy is ur dream man i.e he cu be a tall,handsome,cute,young guy dt is holy ghost filled n naira loaded...#booting
Re: Would You Rather Be Alone Or Settle For Someone That's Not 'Your Type'? by dmcdad: 11:33am On Nov 12, 2012
Nwa-oma:

Because there are no virgin men anywhere!! It is amazing how men who have lived their whole lives jumping from one woman to the other end up looking for virgin wives! Who will marry all those holes you ve been digging?? I tire for u oooo

Who says there ain't virgin-males?
Re: Would You Rather Be Alone Or Settle For Someone That's Not 'Your Type'? by eewule(m): 2:53pm On Nov 12, 2012
There will always be different answers to this question because its an individual thing and we are all different. For me ..No I will try living with someone not my type to see if we can develop something good. if it dont work i move on/out
Re: Would You Rather Be Alone Or Settle For Someone That's Not 'Your Type'? by sexylogan(m): 3:21pm On Nov 12, 2012
better a little amount of love than none @ all...
Re: Would You Rather Be Alone Or Settle For Someone That's Not 'Your Type'? by MissOpe(f): 5:52pm On Nov 12, 2012
holladele: shocked.
It is not about a virgin lady; it is making sure that your future is secure with the one you are choosing. Virtue of character,capacity building and spiritual inudation are hard to find among our ladies. All what they want to show you that they have, is beauty of pancake, lipstick boobs and butt. Guys shine your eyes!

The reason why an average Nigerian woman prefers beauty to brain is because the average Nigerian Man sees more than he thinks...... WORD......

1 Like

Re: Would You Rather Be Alone Or Settle For Someone That's Not 'Your Type'? by totalbaby(f): 8:47pm On Nov 12, 2012
There is no such thing as prince charming undecided maybe in fairytales
blogger1.0:

Your dream guy (prince charming)
Re: Would You Rather Be Alone Or Settle For Someone That's Not 'Your Type'? by totalbaby(f): 8:52pm On Nov 12, 2012
every night! shocked angry undecided
digitalgeorgy:
we are almost making d same point here.. Y didnt d Bible say ''women love u husband bt b sumissv?? Becos their love rises naturally.
I kw of a man that beats his wife everynight bt d wife still does the right tyns not minding the pains. When she was asked y, her response was ''i still love him''...
My guy d story is no more d same today, y?? The man went back to his closet and had a rethink, and decided to change.
That's how the love of a wife can boost the love of her husband..
Re: Would You Rather Be Alone Or Settle For Someone That's Not 'Your Type'? by SELFWORTH: 8:55pm On Nov 12, 2012
blogger1.0:

Your dream girl

This intelligent post is not ideal for NL . All you will get is a lot of bragging and rubbishing from all the gutter people on NL.
Re: Would You Rather Be Alone Or Settle For Someone That's Not 'Your Type'? by SELFWORTH: 8:58pm On Nov 12, 2012
dmcdad:

Who says there ain't virgin-males?

Not on NL. Even when they are virgins , the gutter men will claim they have sleep with 40 women so they can appear cool! Please look elsewhere.
Re: Would You Rather Be Alone Or Settle For Someone That's Not 'Your Type'? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Nov 12, 2012
SELFWORTH:

This intelligent post is not ideal for NL . All you will get is a lot of bragging and rubbishing from all the gutter people on NL.
Well said bruv...and i thought i was the only one who noticed
Re: Would You Rather Be Alone Or Settle For Someone That's Not 'Your Type'? by dmcdad: 5:01am On Nov 13, 2012
SELFWORTH:

Not on NL. Even when they are virgins , the gutter men will claim they have sleep with 40 women so they can appear cool! Please look elsewhere.

Buh even at that, it ain't all male nairalanderz. Personally, I knw I have never wrote anything ar regards sleeping with anyone
Re: Would You Rather Be Alone Or Settle For Someone That's Not 'Your Type'? by Nobody: 5:08am On Nov 13, 2012
blogger1.0:
I recently made the decision to be ALONE

tough call.
honestly i would HATE to settle. If its not compulsory, I would rather be alone. But if my choices were limited and there were some qualities that would make our personalities "mesh" then i would more than likely consider giving it a try. tongue

If it doesn't work out so be it but you never know.
Re: Would You Rather Be Alone Or Settle For Someone That's Not 'Your Type'? by jaykai24(m): 3:27pm On Nov 13, 2012
Nwa-oma:

Because there are no virgin men anywhere!! It is amazing how men who have lived their whole lives jumping from one woman to the other end up looking for virgin wives! Who will marry all those holes you ve been digging?? I tire for u oooo
Nwa oma jiri nwayor lol.
Re: Would You Rather Be Alone Or Settle For Someone That's Not 'Your Type'? by totalbaby(f): 12:05am On Nov 20, 2012
chief batiatus:

If u engage in intimacy for the fun, virgins will definitely disappoint you. But if you in it to trip your ego and feel good about your superman status then go for virgins and please shut up about your disappointment after it. At my age I know am not a superman but just a member of the human family so I don't need any ego trips and I have nothing to prove by running after one clueless virgin or the other.
who said it's about ego trips. Everyone has their likes and dislikes. you dont like virgins that is u. someone may prefer different that is them. so why are u making such an issue. is it a crime when someone wants what they want. hmmm smh some ppl
Re: Would You Rather Be Alone Or Settle For Someone That's Not 'Your Type'? by Obelomo: 4:08am On Nov 20, 2012
Being an African young lady sometimes we do not have choice, because of what our society says. Plus, nobody is perfect! Sometimes, u find ur type, but some reason it does not work out.
Re: Would You Rather Be Alone Or Settle For Someone That's Not 'Your Type'? by Nobody: 9:34am On Nov 20, 2012
Obelomo: Being an African young lady sometimes we do not have choice, because of what our society says. Plus, nobody is perfect! Sometimes, u find ur type, but some reason it does not work out.

Speak for yourself!
Just because you don't have the guts to make choices for yourself in that chauvinistic society you live in, doesn't mean the rest of us don't.
Where I come from, I'm encouraged to make choices for myself. It's called liberty. Thanks.

@ topic,
It's PAINFUL to try to accommodate someone you don't like. It's SAD. The option of being alone is better for me. I don't think I have enough fuel to be in an unfulfilled relationship with someone I obviously don't fancy. Not fair for the two of us (and also considering that he won't keep you around if he doesn't fancy you either).
This is how it goes for me;
Choice Number 1 - To be in a fulfilling relationship with a partner I admire
Choice Number 2 - To be alone and fulfilled
Choice Number 3 - To be alone but miserable....some call it "lonely"
Choice Number 4 - To have a partner I admire but miserable
Choice Number 5 - To have a partner I don't fancy (miserable by itself)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Experience With A Lez / Am Afraid : Is There Still Decent Babes? / What Are The Things You Do When You're Alone That No One Knows About

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.