Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,042 members, 7,973,547 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 07:15 PM

The Great Divide Between Christianity And Atheism - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Great Divide Between Christianity And Atheism (550 Views)

Comparison Table Between Christianity, Islam And Judaism / Are There Similaries Between Christianity And Atheism? / Similarities And Differences Between Christianity And Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Great Divide Between Christianity And Atheism by emoch(m): 2:29pm On Nov 11, 2012
I have been going over the religion thread for a couple of days nw and I must say I have been amused and bewildered by some of the posts.based on personal conclusions, I must give great kudos to Mr Anony for his persistent attempt to shed more light on his view on Christianity.I would also commend logicboy for his stand on atheism. This article is based on personal conclusions drawn from research and should be read objectively before drawing conclusions.
I have come to realize that in life if you look for just one reason to something,you'll find a thousand. The atheists believe that there is no God(strong atheism) or don't believe in some gods(weak atheism) and they have strong LOGICAL points to support this, some points based on evolution theory or some scientific theory. The Bible which most xtians strongly believe in have been torn to shreds by logical reasoning of men who unfailingly have a weak grasp of what the book is all about.people who fail to read beyond the black prints of the Holy Book. Jesus Christ have been abused severally because they feel most things he did or said did not conform LOGICALLY to their own standard of reasoning. Some people are very quick to point out errors they perceive from their own limited and sometimes unfounded knowledge in a bid to attract more followers.
Whatsoever you may claim about the identity,teachings and life of Jesus is entirely up you.what I will point out rather is that all the books written about Jesus was never written by Him. They were based on accounts of people who were with him that is why they are recorded as the Gospel 'ACCORDING TO'. I'm sure we all know the meaning of that. Moreover most of the claims regarding some events they claim did not happen as written in the Bible are all false and I am ready to open their eyes should they raise such issues.
As a Christian, I don't care who wrote the Bible or edited it, all I know is that I have followed some precepts and it has worked me. It teaches about love for humanity and appreciation of a higher being far greater than us. It contains the word of God that cannot be reduced to logical thinking. People who search for 'logical reason' on some wonders of God will search until they become atheist. They will never find answers because God cannot be reduced to mere human logic. His ways are not our ways. The wisdom of men is so foolish in the sight of God. The problem is that most of us don't even grasp the idea of God.
For those who are quick to base their unbelief in a god and go along with the evolution theory or big bang theory, well some scientists have flawed the theories. Even that originator of the theory of evolution, Charles Darwin declared on his sickbed that "my book on evolution was the foolishness of my youth". Scientists can prove and proven but they all come to a common point where they encounter a problem with origin. Scientific method can only test existing data.It cannot draw conclusions about origin. Since no man was there to record or even witness the beginning, everyone who believes anything does so either by faith in God, the Bible, himself, science, or dependability of his own subjective interpretation of existing data.
Isaac Newton says"Gravity explains the motions of the planet but it cannot explain who set the planets in motion. God governs all things and knows all that is or can be done. Opposition to godliness is atheism in profession and idolatry in practice. Atheism is so senseless and odious to mankind that it never had many professors".
Re: The Great Divide Between Christianity And Atheism by mumumugu(m): 3:20pm On Nov 11, 2012
Making sence
Re: The Great Divide Between Christianity And Atheism by Nobody: 8:26pm On Nov 11, 2012
Better title would be great divide between Theism and Atheism..

Article's a bit pointless in my opinion though...

(1) (Reply)

Hey Don't Stop! / Owning A Private Jet Is A Necessity, Not A Luxury” – Pastor Oritsejafor / Another Mass Slaughter Hits Adamawa State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.