Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,491 members, 7,888,568 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 10:33 AM

MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! - Phone/Internet Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone/Internet Market / MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! (18968 Views)

List Of Confirmed Data Resellers On Nairaland / Code For Checking Mtn Double Credit Bonus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by bigx(m): 8:06pm On Nov 11, 2012
Yesterday morning I was recharging my phones when after recharging I saw a message to load my credit with *888#,
I decided to load one of the cards on my personal bb and was told I had received 100% bonus.
I forgot about that, this evening I loaded the phone with 1500 (normal *555*) again and saw my balance was very low, I spent like 5 minutes thinking what I could have done with my yesterday's credit before I checked *889# and saw yesterday's credit there!
Who has used this Wow thing before?
What happens after my credit "expires"?

Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by Kingharzyz(m): 9:13pm On Nov 11, 2012
Na soo I see am o
Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by bigx(m): 9:24pm On Nov 11, 2012
King harzyz: Na soo I see am o

Lol, I'm waiting for midnight to know what I'd do next. Funny bunch they call mtn
Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by bigx(m): 6:38am On Nov 12, 2012
So, its confirmed, MTN just played a fast one "expiring" credit I didn't even use. God Help the Customer Care agent at their office when I get there today

Before you're enticed by this scam offer please think twice! MTN never does anything for free/ to benefit anyone, there are always hidden clauses.

Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by bigx(m): 6:56am On Nov 12, 2012
Seriously, someone should tell my why this was moved to phones/internet market. Am I selling anything?
Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by bigx(m): 6:59am On Nov 12, 2012
Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by damseremie(m): 7:23am On Nov 12, 2012
Front Page Please...MTN at it again....
Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by timbros(m): 7:41am On Nov 12, 2012
I wonder why yoou people are still using MTN anymore. Everyday complain complain complain and still using it. Is it today you find out MTN is scam? Its either you continue living with the scam of you leave the network entirely.

I have long dumped my MTN (yes, its my 'major' line but i had to do it). I sent out sms notifying my friends, family, customers etc of my current primary lines, Glo and Etisalat. Then i bought a Nokia torch, 2.5k, and put the MTN line. Its there on top of my fridge. Anytime i come back and see a missed call, i call back with glo or etisalat and tell the person to call me with this line next time.

That way, i dont have MTN wahala no more. I'm tired off all this MTN complain when there are other options. Telecommunication in Nigeria is not like Power where we have only PHCN. Anything they give you, you endure. No. We have options in networks today.

So dont come here complaining when you know what to do and how to solve the problem permanently.

38 Likes

Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by Nobody: 7:45am On Nov 12, 2012
Hmmmm Йą wa o. Dis Йą †ЂΞ more u look, †ЂΞ less u see oh
Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by godonzoki(m): 7:59am On Nov 12, 2012
FYI, mtn is still d best netwok in Nigeria. U need to understand hw a promo works b4 u decide to use it. The wow bonus Is a wk end package which ur airtim is doubled bt the condition is that, its only valid 4 d wk end. U can't use ur wow acct to subscribe 4 certain services like BIS or caller tune or vote 4 project fame. Its only meant 4 calls and calls and more calls. So get wisdom n njoy d package 4 d wkend dats if u hv not subscribed to d other promo we're u spend a daily target n get 500% of d amnt spent on dat day bt u must spend d bonus dat day cos its not transferable.

2 Likes

Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by bigx(m): 8:01am On Nov 12, 2012
godonz.oki:
FYI, mtn is still d best netwok in Nigeria. U need to understand hw a promo works b4 u decide to use it. The wow bonus Is a wk end package which ur airtim is doubled bt the condition is that, its only valid 4 d wk end. U can't use ur wow acct to subscribe 4 certain services like BIS or caller tune or vote 4 project fame. Its only meant 4 calls and calls and more calls. So get wisdom n njoy d package 4 d wkend dats if u hv not subscribed to d other promo we're u spend a daily target n get 500% of d amnt spent on dat day bt u must spend d bonus dat day cos its not transferable.

While advertising their promo when I dialled *556# why didn't they also state that they would steal the airtime in clear terms? Was there any hint of that in the screenshot attached?

3 Likes

Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by Nobody: 8:12am On Nov 12, 2012
Jenams: Hmmmm Йą wa o. Dis Йą †ЂΞ more u look, †ЂΞ less u see oh

Abracadabra, that's what it is

1 Like

Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by KINGwax(m): 8:28am On Nov 12, 2012
bigx:

While advertising their promo when I dialled *556# why didn't they also state that they would steal the airtime in clear terms? Was there any hint of that in the screenshot attached?
you people jes love displaying your idiocy while u even drool over it!
It's your type dt expects the lectures to teach everything. At the exams, ur type alwys hide behind the flimsy excuse of, 'he set what he never taught us'!
What am i saying? Google is your friend!

1 Like

Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by mrkels(m): 8:39am On Nov 12, 2012
My broda don't mind them, silly thieves, that was how I recharged 1,500 last week friday thinking I ll get 3k in my account, only for me to check my account with *556# and I saw 118naira, I nearly faint. I later found out that you see it with *889# and it expires once the weekend is over, so imagine looking for who to call with 3k during the weekend, it was hell I tell you, started calling peeps I don't call on a normal day.

9 Likes

Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by bigx(m): 8:44am On Nov 12, 2012
KINGwax: you people jes love displaying your idiocy while u even drool over it!
It's your type dt expects the lectures to teach everything. At the exams, ur type alwys hide behind the flimsy excuse of, 'he set what he never taught us'!
What am i saying? Google is your friend!

If I reply you in kind it'd mean I'm as retarded and low class as you are.

Poor punctuations, awkward capitalization, eye-burning spelling, personal pronouns in small caps and you're talking of exams.

I'd let that pass, I won't interact with kids like you in real life so I'd ignore you like you're meant to be ignored.

Seriously though, are the insults called for? Wouldn't "Google is your friend" have been easier to type?

16 Likes

Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by jadek: 8:50am On Nov 12, 2012
Please house, my bb 9700 is not ringing. Even music and video being played does not speak out.
Please help me out asap.
Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by Rick9(m): 9:04am On Nov 12, 2012
The fear of MTN PROMO is the begining of knowledge.
On Mtn pulse . Calls to Numbers also on mtn pulse i.e Pulse to Pulse calls. They will give you a notification that your pulse call will be charged at 8.34k/s by estimation that should be at least #5 per minute but make a 1minute call about 20naira will be deducted. Ah empty N they are just thieves. Ok on mtn pulse you will be given 10mb but bad network wont allow you to use it. Even if it manages to connect it will be very slow. Only a fool will believe anything from mtn. God bless etisalat best network ever. Etisalatttttttttttttttttttt for ever

5 Likes

Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by andreey(m): 9:21am On Nov 12, 2012
godonz.oki:

U can subscribe with ur wow credit not the wow bonus, I tried it d weekend my bis expired and it worked for me. I later used the 1500# bonus for calls
Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by poweredcom(m): 9:28am On Nov 12, 2012
jadek: Please house, my bb 9700 is not ringing. Even music and video being played does not speak out.
Please help me out asap.
Take am nack for wall its gonna be WOW ok

2 Likes

Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by victorazy(m): 9:30am On Nov 12, 2012
U PPL SHOULD STOP SPOILING MTN MARKET. IF HANG-OVER STILL DEY WORRY U GO BAK TO SLEEP PLZ "MTN IS THE BEST NETWORK IN NIG SO FAR"
Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by Nobody: 9:31am On Nov 12, 2012
Etisalat launched something similar and I had a terrible experience with it.

I lost a huge amount (planned to use that to purchase an Internet Bundle) when the "Doubled Credit" expired.

These folks should state these facts clearly. They prolly hide it in the "TOS" anyways, and no one bothers to read that. undecided

NCC, anyone? angry angry

2 Likes

Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by akdjr(m): 9:39am On Nov 12, 2012
the NCC should sue MTN for this scam called promo

1 Like

Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by buzor(m): 9:40am On Nov 12, 2012
May god punish ur gran.dfa.ther for this ur comment. I knw u must be an mtn staff, may god also punish ur organizatn

godonz.oki:

1 Like

Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by Wilfredng: 9:40am On Nov 12, 2012
HQ: Etisalat launched something similar and I had a terrible experience with it.

I lost a huge amount (planned to use that to purchase an Internet Bundle) when the "Doubled Credit" expired.

These folks should state these facts clearly. They prolly hide it in the "TOS" anyways, and no one bothers to read that. undecided

NCC, anyone? angry angry
Does the word in bold still function? What about call-drops that MTN never cared to address? Irregular charging on calls nko? What about wasted internet bundle that connects at will? Nigeria is someone for himself in terms of all these networks.
Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by lawizle(m): 9:41am On Nov 12, 2012
mrkels: My broda don't mind them, silly thieves, that was how I recharged 1,500 last week friday thinking I ll get 3k in my account, only for me to check my account with *556# and I saw 118naira, I nearly faint. I later found out that you see it with *889# and it expires once the weekend is over, so imagine looking for who to call with 3k during the weekend, it was hell I tell you, started calling peeps I don't call on a normal day.

You nearly faint Guy you dey suffer oh! Lolzz!
Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by shineeye1: 9:41am On Nov 12, 2012
IT IS NOT ONLY MTN THAT HAS SCAM PROMOS. WE ARE ALL SICK AND TIRED OF THE MONUMENTAL WAYO, MAGOMAGO AND JIBITI ALL OVER THE ENTIRE GSM NETWORK. WHO WILL DELIVER US- THAT IS THE ISSUE!

1 Like

Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by BeraBera(f): 9:44am On Nov 12, 2012
It is possible that the OP (Original Poster) has been bribed by any of the other mobile communication networks to come here and rubbish MTN.
When one is looking for awoof bonuses, what do you get? Greedy people always get cheated of course tongue
Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by lawizle(m): 9:44am On Nov 12, 2012
jadek: Please house, my bb 9700 is not ringing. Even music and video being played does not speak out.
Please help me out asap.

E don hang be dat. Remove battery sim card & mem.card while still on & insert back. Bb dey hang die!

1 Like

Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by AdeniyiA(m): 9:45am On Nov 12, 2012
mtn WOW -(Wasting Our Wealth) is a money recovery promo of empty-hen marketing dept.
since they fapped my #200,wch i loaded but did nt reflect in my acct,i've always bn afraid of loadin wt dea scamming code(s)
Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by Xano(m): 9:45am On Nov 12, 2012
it worked for me. I recharged on saturday, receieved 100% bonus. I checked it with *888#. When i typed the code, i saw the amount i recharged and also saw the bonus. To check it, type *889#. I made calls, it worked. I finished mine before it expired on sunday night.
Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by Shenez: 9:47am On Nov 12, 2012
Empty hen are bunch of eediot, wow ko mom ni.
Etisalat self they crazzy dem say make i load wit *156*1*pin# i will receive 100% to say the truth i received the bonus at 11:52pm it expired at 12am. Can you c that all this network are the same.....
Re: MTN WOW Bonus. Confirmed Scam! User Beware!! by Revolva(m): 9:48am On Nov 12, 2012
Mtn network is so poor these days when one wanna call in evenings it shows congestion and now during the days now - I don tire - and for the W0W stuff its no scam just understand the terms and condition - I am not even intrested in it

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Specifications An Average Nigerian Wants In A Tablet/phone (pics) / UK Used Iphone 6 ;Samsung Galaxy s6 ;htc one M8 Phones Etc. @Benin City. / New: Blackberry Curve 9350/9360/9370

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.