Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,469 members, 7,917,459 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 07:45 AM

He Is Scared Of His Future. Pls Be A Brother/sister By Advise. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / He Is Scared Of His Future. Pls Be A Brother/sister By Advise. (753 Views)

Am Scared Plz Wot Can I Do..jamb Result / Wanna Go For Inter-university Transfer? Don't Be Scared / Help Your Fellow Brother/sister In Admission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Is Scared Of His Future. Pls Be A Brother/sister By Advise. by Nobody: 9:27pm On Nov 11, 2012
Hi Nairalanders I have an issue which I want to table to you for your advise. Its a mail I received from a young friend on BBM but I craved his permission to bring it here for more advises which he obliged.

Here is the mail but names edited.
Hi dvdon, hw r u doing? Longest time. I wanted to call you but I decided to text you to see if I can kill my boredom. I want to inform you that am done with school which I thank God so much but there is a problem. I am graduating with a 2.2 (2.79 cgpa) which is my nemesis as I even think of taking my life at times. Do u know Tim my younger brother the one that was studing Economics here in my school? Well he is also through as he offered a 4years cause so we r both through but he is graduating with a 2.1. The problem is he goes about at home telling our parents, uncles, aunties, relatives and friends that he graduated with 2.1 which leaves me receiving calls from different ppl asking about my grade. Its so weakening as am on tears now I don't know wats next, I can't go home am still in school because my dad will hate me for this as I am the first child and much is expected of me. Dvdon I must say I ve deloped Hate for Tim my broda because I confided in him I told him my condition and even begged him to swallow is pride since I noticed earlier that my parents weren't interested in grades but Tim my broda went home and started telling telling them how usless a 2.2 is in the labour market and if any one doesn't possess a 2.1 he is doom for joblessness but I think he hasn't told them my grades yet because they have been calling and pressuring me to check my grade as I keep lying that my results hasn't been compiled yet. Dvdon pls you r like a senior brother to me pls advise me am dieing gradually I don't know why but am so scared what do you have me do? Am counting on you because I am not going back home until I have a solution to my problem. Am waiting...

That's the mail pls guys help me out on this I pray this makes front page to get more advise he is like a kid broda 2 me.
Re: He Is Scared Of His Future. Pls Be A Brother/sister By Advise. by Nobody: 10:08pm On Nov 11, 2012
You see ehn, a low cgpa is not d end of the world.
But I ask myself loads of questions like: what could a student be doin in school as to av such grades.
The big fact is not every one with a good cgpa would find a good job n end up successful.
And not everyone with a poor cgpa becomes useless.
He should just ignore his bro n strive to shut him up forever by making something from his life.
I have seen real situations where first class graduates end up being an enterpreneur.
As regards the issue of not returning home before he finds a solution. He should completely develop the courage to face his problems and not shy away from it.
Re: He Is Scared Of His Future. Pls Be A Brother/sister By Advise. by Nobody: 10:18pm On Nov 11, 2012

because I am not going back home until I have a solution to my problem.
Make yourself some good money while your kid brother is busy parading & merry-go-rounding the entire community with his result.
As a matter of fact, your dad is not interested in your paper (result), but your future...as in MONEY.

When you have money, my brother e get stage wey u go reach wey u go forget d course wey u study for school..

1 Like

Re: He Is Scared Of His Future. Pls Be A Brother/sister By Advise. by Nobody: 10:25pm On Nov 11, 2012
Hello candygosh..

I have seen real situations where first class graduates end up being an enterpreneur.

entrepreneural opportunities are reserved for 3rd class candidates
Or
First class graduates are created to serve.. serve people like Dangote
Re: He Is Scared Of His Future. Pls Be A Brother/sister By Advise. by Nobody: 10:47pm On Nov 11, 2012
acidosis™:
Hello candygosh..

entrepreneural opportunities are reserved for 3rd class candidates
Or
First class graduates are created to serve.. serve people like Dangote

That's not totally true.
First class or third class. Anyone regardless can venture in enterpreneurship.
Ok take me as an example having a distinction and working in a reputable company doesn't stop me from being an enterpreneur, or does it?
Does working in a food industry stop me from opening my own food production line (say a mini pure or bottle water factory)?

We are in a society now where one can try his or her hands in so many things inasmuch as one is comfortable doing it.
So saying enterpreneurship is meant for the third class candidates. I strongly disagree!
Re: He Is Scared Of His Future. Pls Be A Brother/sister By Advise. by Nobody: 7:43am On Nov 12, 2012
candygosh: You see ehn, a low cgpa is not d end of the world.
But I ask myself loads of questions like: what could a student be doin in school as to av such grades.
The big fact is not every one with a good cgpa would find a good job n end up successful.
And not everyone with a poor cgpa becomes useless.
He should just ignore his bro n strive to shut him up forever by making something from his life.
As regards the issue of not returning home before he finds a solution. He should completely develop the courage to face his problems and not shy away from it.
Oh lady if you graduated well like me it is good but just knw that we were lucky and favoured. You see I don't underestimate the 2.2 and Third class guys becos I had an encounter. Back then in school I was in a study group infact we were 5 in number. Yes 4 of us ended up amongst the best in the department but the fifth guy was the best amongst us the 5 but he graduated with a 2.2 how you may ask. This guy teaches us in group study, he answers tough questions infact he is a genius so fast in aticulation and deciphering but he had a problem of omitted script and virtually all his exam script was merciless as he either had omitted script or lab which made him to be solely judged by just his exam score. He felt bad but what I know is tha who ever hires that guy has got a material.
Re: He Is Scared Of His Future. Pls Be A Brother/sister By Advise. by Nobody: 8:06am On Nov 12, 2012
dvdon:
Oh lady if you graduated well like me it is good but just knw that we were lucky and favoured. You see I don't underestimate the 2.2 and Third class guys becos I had an encounter. Back then in school I was in a study group infact we were 5 in number. Yes 4 of us ended up amongst the best in the department but the fifth guy was the best amongst us the 5 but he graduated with a 2.2 how you may ask. This guy teaches us in group study, he answers tough questions infact he is a genius so fast in aticulation and deciphering but he had a problem of omitted script and virtually all his exam script was merciless as he either had omitted script or lab which made him to be solely judged by just his exam score. He felt bad but what I know is tha who ever hires that guy has got a material.

Actually I haven't graduated tho but I just don't seem to get why people fail to see education as their paramont goal in school.
And we are still saying the same thing irrespective of the grades one get in school, one should make the best out of ones life.
Out there now, its the I.q that matters now. You see first class graduates losing jobs because of simple questions while their low grade counterpart get d job.
Point is any situation you find yourself, one should make something good out of nothing. That's what is called unmerited favour!
Re: He Is Scared Of His Future. Pls Be A Brother/sister By Advise. by Nobody: 8:25am On Nov 12, 2012
candygosh:

Actually I haven't graduated tho but I just don't seem to get why people fail to see education as their paramont goal in school.
And we are still saying the same thing irrespective of the grades one get in school, one should make the best out of ones life.
Out there now, its the I.q that matters now. You see first class graduates losing jobs because of simple questions while their low grade counterpart get d job.
Point is any situation you find yourself, one should make something good out of nothing. That's what is called unmerited favour!
It seems you miss my point about ill luck and you r still wondering about ones inability to excel in school you knw I agree with you on the first class inability to pass simple question due to poor IQ but I also point it on the curruption that has eaten into our educational systems. The first class is meant to be a genuis so little question shouldn't be a problem.

But back to the Topic what do you have the young man do? Do you see hope for him asides entreprenurship? Hw can he face his fears?
Re: He Is Scared Of His Future. Pls Be A Brother/sister By Advise. by Nobody: 8:45am On Nov 12, 2012
candygosh:

That's not totally true.
First class or third class. Anyone regardless can venture in enterpreneurship.
This is my point..

But here you made it sound like a taboo for a first class graduate to venture into entrepreneurship..
Re: He Is Scared Of His Future. Pls Be A Brother/sister By Advise. by orelove4liff: 9:07am On Nov 12, 2012
Oh God! Is 2.2 a low grade?abeg leave ur broda,fada&even moda and face d future.i ignored most of my family members durin my tryin times because there was pressure on me to study microbiology in unad in d year 2004 bt i reject it.i later went to two different universities b4 endin in ui where i'm studyin my dream course ryt nw.i detected last year dat my parents are nt givin me money lik they hav bin doing since i left 2ndary schl cos any time i call to request 4 money,they'll say they had no money to giv me anylonga cos i'v attende 2unis b4 ui.i later raised 150k 4rm my uncles to start a poultry farmin in where i live at off campus because i discovered dat d place is dominated by ui students.i then focused my attention on layers bird so dat i'll be sellin d eggs to d students and to God be d glory it's nw ova a year dat i requested or even call my parents to ask 4 anytin.as a student,i make nothin less dan #3000 4rm sellin of eggs daily.i'm even sendin money to some of my graduate younga brodas who are unemployed.as for ur 2.2 stuff,there are alot of 2.2 holders out there who are in money,2 2 isnt bad at all efcc lawer festus kiyamo graduated wit 2 2 in law 4rm ekpoma and he's nw...

1 Like

Re: He Is Scared Of His Future. Pls Be A Brother/sister By Advise. by Nobody: 9:14am On Nov 12, 2012
acidosis™:

This is my point..

But here you made it sound like a taboo for a first class graduate to venture into entrepreneurship..
Nope you saw another meaning to it.
My point was focusing on the guy who had a 2.2
Re: He Is Scared Of His Future. Pls Be A Brother/sister By Advise. by Nobody: 9:26am On Nov 12, 2012
dvdon:
what do you have the young man do? Do you see hope for him asides entreprenurship? Hw can he face his fears?

Is there any need to prolong issues?
Its obvious he doesn't even believe in himself. Still maintain that he should go home joor.
Until that day when he learns to believe in himself only then can he face his fears.
There's nothing prayer cannot solve and its always been said that d fastest solution to ones problem is the distance between the knee and the ground

(1) (Reply)

Bsc Vs HND, NCE &OND / "Other Than" In A Statement Should Mean What? / LADOKITE.... Pls Read This.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.