Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,779 members, 7,875,932 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:05 AM

Suspected Armed Robber Set Ablaze In Warri, Delta State - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Suspected Armed Robber Set Ablaze In Warri, Delta State (11234 Views)

Robber Set Ablaze For Stealing Plasma TV In Lagos / 2 Okada Snatchers Nabbed, Beaten To Death And Set Ablaze In Abuja (Graphic Pic) / Robber Set Ablaze In Attempt To Rape Housewife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suspected Armed Robber Set Ablaze In Warri, Delta State by 1ndidi2(f): 7:31am On Nov 12, 2012
kawkab:

What i this whole idea about first to comment, 2nd to comment, 3rd to comment etc.

It baffles me; why don't you post something meaningful. Are there benefits if your comment is the first or 2nd or 3rd.

He is just adding some humor or digression to the situation
There is no reward whatsoever,just try to overlook it if you can.
Re: Suspected Armed Robber Set Ablaze In Warri, Delta State by Sijo01(f): 7:32am On Nov 12, 2012
Geez!
Re: Suspected Armed Robber Set Ablaze In Warri, Delta State by azimibraun: 7:33am On Nov 12, 2012
If I may ask, is this nagative trend of burning ppl alive in nigeria 2 small to get the attention of GEJ? Will it be bad if the presidents adresses the Nation for @ least 15 on this evil trend? I jst want 2 knw. because as it stands nw anybody cld call any oda person he hs beef with or dosnt jst lk in Nigeria a thief and dt person wll b burnt 2 death.. Honestly its a scary trend.. It cld happen 2 anybody. Jst fals accusation and u are dead thru burning. Am nt exactly refering to the warri issue bt jst generally speaking.. Girls Unclad and raped , Men burn 2 death..ah

1 Like

Re: Suspected Armed Robber Set Ablaze In Warri, Delta State by RickyRoss1(m): 7:34am On Nov 12, 2012
dguvnur: AN armed robber using a motorcycle met his waterloo at the early hours of Sunday in the oil-rich city of Warri, Delta State, while trying to snatch a handbag from a lady.

The incident occurred at Enemejuwa Junction, off Ometan Road, Warri.

The young man was set ablaze by an irate mob.

According to a witness who gave her name as Celina Agbo, the robbers were about six in number, but luck ran out of one of them after snatching a bag from her victim.

The witnessed said the robber’s legs and hands were bound and tyres wound round his neck before he was bathed with premium motor spirit (petrol) and eventually set ablaze, adding that the remaining five robbers, however, escaped.

Sympathisers were seen at the scene, with some relishing the jungle justice meted out to the knife-carrying marauder.

Delta State government had, on November 1, banned commercial motorcycles from plying major roads in Warri, Asaba and other major towns in the state, owing to high rate of crime by some motorcycle riders.

Residents of the popular town have been groaning under the attendant effects of the policy, forcing several people to trek kilometres to their places of work as a result of over 100 per cent hike in intra-city transportation fares.

Meanwhile, the Police Public Relations Officer of the Delta State police command, DSP Charles Muka, who confirmed the incident to the Nigerian Tribune, enjoined the public to go about their normal businesses, saying that the police were on top of the situation.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/50725-mob-sets-suspected-robber-ablaze-in-warri

Good, very good. Walahi I support jungle justice. Thats one bastard out of the way. if you take him to the police station he will be released by his colleagues/chairmen within few hours and he would return back to the street. I say make una continue the good work till these criminals repent...
Re: Suspected Armed Robber Set Ablaze In Warri, Delta State by pcagbaji(m): 7:34am On Nov 12, 2012
That picture is from. Tunisia a graduate fruit seller. he is the one who set him self ablaze that led to the fall of mohamend Ali the tunisian president during the up rising.
Re: Suspected Armed Robber Set Ablaze In Warri, Delta State by alaoeri: 7:34am On Nov 12, 2012
Said it b4 & gonna repeat it Aluu palava isn't the first & isn't going to be the last likewise this one until something is done by those in authority before all this mess 'll stop.
Re: Suspected Armed Robber Set Ablaze In Warri, Delta State by alaoeri: 7:39am On Nov 12, 2012
pcagbaji: That picture is from. Tunisia a graduate fruit seller. he is the one who set him self ablaze that led to the fall of mohamend Ali the tunisian president during the up rising.
I doubt it this isn't the pix u are referring τ̲̅ȍ look at the black man in the pix more or less like a mopol.
Re: Suspected Armed Robber Set Ablaze In Warri, Delta State by Clemzy16(m): 7:41am On Nov 12, 2012
No doubt, intelligence has gone to the dogs in Nigeria.
Re: Suspected Armed Robber Set Ablaze In Warri, Delta State by cheleku(m): 7:44am On Nov 12, 2012
GidiMovies: ^^^ pictures are for evidence.

3rd to comment. Good week ahead!!!!
Third to comment, and so? Dumbo.
Re: Suspected Armed Robber Set Ablaze In Warri, Delta State by funkymedina: 7:46am On Nov 12, 2012
Why burn him?? Its poverty that is to blame and idiotic governors are buying private jets are allowed to roam scot free
Re: Suspected Armed Robber Set Ablaze In Warri, Delta State by cupid4ig(m): 7:46am On Nov 12, 2012

i wonder when u will grow up kid undecided
Re: Suspected Armed Robber Set Ablaze In Warri, Delta State by cupid4ig(m): 7:50am On Nov 12, 2012
dguvnur: AN armed robber using a motorcycle met his waterloo at the early hours of Sunday in the oil-rich city of Warri, Delta State, while trying to snatch a handbag from a lady.

The incident occurred at Enemejuwa Junction, off Ometan Road, Warri.

The young man was set ablaze by an irate mob.

According to a witness who gave her name as Celina Agbo, the robbers were about six in number, but luck ran out of one of them after snatching a bag from her victim.

The witnessed said the robber’s legs and hands were bound and tyres wound round his neck before he was bathed with premium motor spirit (petrol) and eventually set ablaze, adding that the remaining five robbers, however, escaped.

Sympathisers were seen at the scene, with some relishing the jungle justice meted out to the knife-carrying marauder.

Delta State government had, on November 1, banned commercial motorcycles from plying major roads in Warri, Asaba and other major towns in the state, owing to high rate of crime by some motorcycle riders.

Residents of the popular town have been groaning under the attendant effects of the policy, forcing several people to trek kilometres to their places of work as a result of over 100 per cent hike in intra-city transportation fares.

Meanwhile, the Police Public Relations Officer of the Delta State police command, DSP Charles Muka, who confirmed the incident to the Nigerian Tribune, enjoined the public to go about their normal businesses, saying that the police were on top of the situation.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/50725-mob-sets-suspected-robber-ablaze-in-warri
pls this is fake news that is south african police in the picture not nigerian embarassed cry

1 Like

Re: Suspected Armed Robber Set Ablaze In Warri, Delta State by ghettodreamz(m): 7:52am On Nov 12, 2012
Nigerians are missing it badly cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Suspected Armed Robber Set Ablaze In Warri, Delta State by olatunde1234: 7:57am On Nov 12, 2012
Nigerians are totaly lost hope in police and their judicial system, a friend told me a scene where they arrested a robber at a outskirt of town and they call police station to come and take that robber, when police men came to the scene, those police men told them public that they could have killed him, because as they will take him to the station, surely he will be free, said they have godfathers who will come to bail him out, and my freind said, that same guy is still in that town till now roaming around, now tell me what they will do next time they arrest any robber?

1 Like

Re: Suspected Armed Robber Set Ablaze In Warri, Delta State by tarryT(m): 8:11am On Nov 12, 2012
This is painful..
Re: Suspected Armed Robber Set Ablaze In Warri, Delta State by Nobody: 8:18am On Nov 12, 2012
Do you people even have eyes?
That is not Nigeria, I have been to that said area in warri in the past...there is no zinc structure, let alone space for a zinc structure. We do not also have security agents that put on such uniforms.
Pls, learn to observe before posting trash
Re: Suspected Armed Robber Set Ablaze In Warri, Delta State by mployer(m): 8:19am On Nov 12, 2012
kawkab:

What i this whole idea about first to comment, 2nd to comment, 3rd to comment etc.

It baffles me; why don't you post something meaningful. Are there benefits if your comment is the first or 2nd or 3rd.

u simply lack good sense humor
Re: Suspected Armed Robber Set Ablaze In Warri, Delta State by freecocoa(f): 8:20am On Nov 12, 2012
OP its like you are crazy.
Why spreading false news?
I can't count how many times that same pix has been used on different false stories that obviously didn't happen in Nigeria.
Nonsense.
Re: Suspected Armed Robber Set Ablaze In Warri, Delta State by Dopefiend(m): 8:31am On Nov 12, 2012
Story could be true bt d picture is.......FAKE!!! Saw a post here wit the SAME PICTURE bout a pastor setting himself ablaze cos he impregneted a girl nd she refused to get rid of it.
Re: Suspected Armed Robber Set Ablaze In Warri, Delta State by mcdanieldrumz: 8:31am On Nov 12, 2012
undecided When did nigerian police change their uniform?

1 Like

Re: Suspected Armed Robber Set Ablaze In Warri, Delta State by Dopefiend(m): 8:37am On Nov 12, 2012
m-ployer:
u simply lack good sense humor

Was he tryin to be funny? Btw, check ur grammar
Re: Suspected Armed Robber Set Ablaze In Warri, Delta State by sirp2007: 8:44am On Nov 12, 2012
cupid4ig: pls this is fake news that is south african police in the picture not nigerian embarassed cry
THIS NEWS IS AS REAL AS D WORD REAL,I WAS THERE(lower erejuwa close 2 omenta) LIVE TO COLLECT MOTOR PARTS THAT MORNING AND SAW D BURNT BODY.
THIS PARTICULAR GUY DIED OUT OF GREED,HIS GANG HAD SUCCEEDED IN ROBBING(obtain as it called here) SO MANY PPLE THAT MORNING ESPECIALLY THOSE GOING FOR EARLY MASS.WHEN THE OTHERS WERE LEAVING THIS GUY(AKPODOJE)DECIDE ON HIS OWN 2 STILL OBTAIN 4RM A LADY,THT WAS WHN LUCK RAN OUT OF HIM COS D NEWS HAD ALREADY GONE OUT THT SOME HOODLUMS WERE OPERATING THERE.
I ONLY MET D CHARRED BODY.
Re: Suspected Armed Robber Set Ablaze In Warri, Delta State by sirp2007: 8:48am On Nov 12, 2012
Ken_Jak: I don't really support the burning of little(unarmed) robbers like this,instead,beat them mercilessly,but when it comes to the armed robbers,they can burn them cos they're armed.
THIS GUY AND HIS GANG WERE ARMED WTH KNIVES,BATTLE AXES,CUTLASSESS & GUN,BT WERE CARRYING OUT ''petty robbery''
Re: Suspected Armed Robber Set Ablaze In Warri, Delta State by cupid4ig(m): 8:53am On Nov 12, 2012
sir-p2007:

THIS NEWS IS AS REAL AS D WORD REAL,I WAS THERE(lower erejuwa close 2 omenta) LIVE TO COLLECT MOTOR PARTS THAT MORNING AND SAW D BURNT BODY.
THIS PARTICULAR GUY DIED OUT OF GREED,HIS GANG HAD SUCCEEDED IN ROBBING(obtain as it called here) SO MANY PPLE THAT MORNING ESPECIALLY THOSE GOING FOR EARLY MASS.WHEN THE OTHERS WERE LEAVING THIS GUY(AKPODOJE)DECIDE ON HIS OWN 2 STILL OBTAIN 4RM A LADY,THT WAS WHN LUCK RAN OUT OF HIM COS D NEWS HAD ALREADY GONE OUT THT SOME HOODLUMS WERE OPERATING THERE.
I ONLY MET D CHARRED BODY.
can u pls explain to me how south african police is doing in the picture? undecided
Re: Suspected Armed Robber Set Ablaze In Warri, Delta State by Networkmaster(m): 8:57am On Nov 12, 2012
This is not taken in 9ja. The police man their is a South African police, Check the uniform.
Re: Suspected Armed Robber Set Ablaze In Warri, Delta State by sirp2007: 9:04am On Nov 12, 2012
cupid4ig: can u pls explain to me how south african police is doing in the picture? undecided

I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABT THT PIX,I THINK TRIBUNE WILL BE IN BETTER POSITION 2 DO D EXPLAINING,I ONLY SAY THT D INCIDENT TOOK PLACE YSTERDAY.
Re: Suspected Armed Robber Set Ablaze In Warri, Delta State by sunny4life(m): 9:11am On Nov 12, 2012
Nigeria is a country dat never cease 2 amaze me.Even after d Aluu 4 jungle justice that hapened,incidence of jungle justice still take place?Last week,it hapened in mushin,now again it recently hapened in warri.I want to ask evryone on this forum,are we leaving in the stone age?Does jungle justice solve d problem of crime in this country?Is there no value for human life in this country?How have we gotten to the level of delivering instant judgement to someone on mere accusation to the extent of killing such a person without fair trial?Even in our traditional customs and laws,people accused or even caught in the act of crime are given an opportunity to be heard and defend their actions.What kind of message are we passing to our children?For those that support jungle justice,let me ask you-what if your own brother or relation was caught or wrongly accused and was about to be burnt by an irate mob,wont you make effort to save him?whoever is without sin,let him be the first person to cast a stone.Nigerians,it is high time we stop this act of barbarism that is killing us as a nation.Politicians are out there stealing billions of naira and we do nothing about it,instead,we sing their praises because of foolish sentiments.Yet,we have the guts to burn petty criminals alive.I have never seen a country that is so religious,yet full of wickedness in the inside.I wonder how Nigerians manage to combine 3 parallel lines together-religion,corruption and wickedness.Any criminal caught should be properly handed over to the police and pressure should be on the police and the govt to ensure that justice prevail.Its high time we change our mentality and act like civilised citizens.There is no moral justification for jungle justice.
Re: Suspected Armed Robber Set Ablaze In Warri, Delta State by IYANGBALI: 9:21am On Nov 12, 2012

pls tell the little boy
Re: Suspected Armed Robber Set Ablaze In Warri, Delta State by vitality22(m): 9:22am On Nov 12, 2012

You this pikin, you should be preparing for you secondary school now.
Re: Suspected Armed Robber Set Ablaze In Warri, Delta State by DidiLove1: 9:22am On Nov 12, 2012
cupid4ig: can u pls explain to me how south african police is doing in the picture? undecided

Did he mention anything about the picture in his post?
Re: Suspected Armed Robber Set Ablaze In Warri, Delta State by 3kay945(m): 9:25am On Nov 12, 2012
redcliff:

For that singular '3rd to comment statement, your week would be the roughest you ever experienced in your life.. "man kid".
this your comment or curse is the reason why evil full Nigeria. Always cursing!!
Wicked.
Re: Suspected Armed Robber Set Ablaze In Warri, Delta State by Costa2000(m): 9:32am On Nov 12, 2012
FAKE FAKE FAKE The picture is from south Africa, that was when they are killing immigrants.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NSCDC Arrests Suspected Kidnappers And Informant In Ondo / FRSC Team Accused Of Injuring A Man And Seizing His Phone In Lagos / Graphic Video - Punishment For Wearing Trousers In Sudan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.