Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,195 members, 7,907,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 06:19 AM

Haiti Joins African Union - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Haiti Joins African Union (15790 Views)

Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti / Support The Relief Efforts In Haiti / Haiti Earthquake Feared To Have Killed Hundreds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Haiti Joins African Union by knowledge4(m): 2:54pm On Nov 12, 2012
The AU should create an economic support fund to support Haiti.
Nigeria can even do it alone.Just recover N40 billion that was stolen by one politician and hand it over to the Haitian government.It will go a long way if they do not mismanage it.However,i do not agree that we sold the Haitians into slavery.Our ancestors did,those African chiefs who exchanged their fellow brothers for a bottle of gin or mirror sold the Haitians.
Re: Haiti Joins African Union by Nobody: 2:56pm On Nov 12, 2012
Nuzo':

Just like most failed businesses, countries, organisation or institutions, their charters always come out good on paper but a sham in practicality especially if its being prosecuted by group of people called black Africans.

I love Biko to bits for his struggles, but I won't place him in the same category with Mulumba and Sankara.

They started well, however, they have been compromised by the African spooks leaders on the continent... For example: look at the Libyan intervention, AU said NO to intervention, however, member countries like Nigeria and South AFrica voted for it.... There's only much the AU can do when member countries are run by spooks...

Steven Biko coined an ideology that's bigger than Lumumba and Sankara lol... So, he deserves a place on that list... cool
Re: Haiti Joins African Union by Nobody: 2:58pm On Nov 12, 2012
Revolva:
No matter how a human being is potrayed as bad there are some good elements in him somehow and that's the late Ghadaffi, that's the kind of pan Africanist libyans never knew they had - Haitians are our people and I wish jamaicans and T n T also joins -

Lybians always knew the kinda of Panafrican he was, that is one of the reason some of them turned against him, cuz they didn't want to be associated with subsaherian Africans, with black people. Northern Africans are some of the most racist folk so this isn't surprising. All the North African countries were ready to get associated with countries from western europe, even knowing that they would get exploited. But Qaddafi always stood as the loyal kid of the continent, the only we ever had with the precious mindset of "give to Africans what belongs to Africa". Despite all the good he did for the African continent, not even one African president was brave enough to speak for him. The cowardliness, cupidity and stupidity of our leaders and ourselves is beyond words. We need to open our eyes and be brave enough to unify and make a revolution to scream our "ras-le-bol" to the exploitation.
I miss the Man. He would have been happy to hear the news

Welcome back home to our African Brother Haiti. Your location is in america but your heart is in the motherland. kiss

3 Likes

Re: Haiti Joins African Union by Nobody: 2:58pm On Nov 12, 2012
Freiburger:
Then you 've got to kick out almost everyone in the country grin, i'm not trying to be pessimistic here, but explain how deep geed of a thing has eaten deep into our bones. And the west has got no other options than taking a huge advantage of it.

You just need a strong leader that's going to act like a "dictator" to turn Nigeria around...

Nigerians need proper ar.se whopping to get back to being sane again, and you need a leader who can do that... grin
Re: Haiti Joins African Union by Nobody: 2:59pm On Nov 12, 2012
Sybellah:
Lybians always knew the kinda of Panafrican he was, that is one of the reason some of them turned against him, cuz they didn't want to be associated with subsaherian Africans, with black people. Northern Africans are some of the most racist folk so this isn't surprising. All the North African countries were ready to get associated with countries from western europe, even knowing that they would get exploited. But Qaddafi always stood as the loyal kid of the continent, the only we ever had with the precious mindset of "give to Africans what belongs to Africa". Despite all the good he did for the African continent, not even one African president was brave enough to speak for him. The cowardliness, cupidity and stupidity of our leaders and ourselves is beyond words. We need to open our eyes and be brave enough to unify and make revolution to scream our "ras-le-bol".
I miss the Man. He would have been happy to hear the news

Welcome back home to our African Brother Haiti. Your location is in america but your heart is in the motherland. kiss

That's my Ivorian wife... kiss
Re: Haiti Joins African Union by cheddarking(m): 3:00pm On Nov 12, 2012
Billyonaire: You are all over the map Mr; Let's confine our discourse to facts and not sentiments cos am using a phone to chat so I won't be able to respond to misfired emotions. Our discourse is Hait's homecoming. Its a welcomed development and will make indigent Africans put their houses in order. Africa has not been as great as it is since the beging of time. With Internet comes awareness and its the reason I am opportuned to actually know people like you and Shymmex exist, both of you are so negative about Nigeria and Africa that I am afraid you might bleach your skin white. To be frank with you, anyone who buys your ideologies is committing suicide of intelligence as regards patriotism. I am not proud of you both, I am sorry for that. But your application of intelligence is very very negative and that explains why you likely prefer to die and let your corpse be used to fertilize white man's pumpkin than come back home to our country nigeria. Its a fat shame. I am not proud of you.

Ahahahahaha

Billy my old sparring partner...

I love my country so much...and I consider myself first and foremost a Nigerian with a British Passport as opposed to a Nigerian-born British National.

But what do you get, when the most corrupt leaders of the most backward continent, accept the leader of one of the most poverty stricken and corrupt countries, as one of their own?

What should we expect realistically?
Re: Haiti Joins African Union by Nobody: 3:04pm On Nov 12, 2012
shymexx:

That's my Ivorian wife... kiss

lolz tongue,

I am so happy to hear the news, hopefully the other Africans of the Diaspora will jump on the bandwagon kiss
Re: Haiti Joins African Union by OkwaIfugo(m): 3:05pm On Nov 12, 2012
welcome Haiti.
Re: Haiti Joins African Union by Nobody: 3:08pm On Nov 12, 2012
Sybellah:
lolz tongue,

I am so happy to hear the news, hopefully the other African of the Diaspora will jump on the bandwagon kiss

They have all been part of it from the beginning...

I think they were trying to get Brazil and Venezuela to join as well, but I don't know what happened to that

However, a couple of countries are on observer status...

Brazil, Jamaica, Barbados, Venezuela, Trinidad and Tobago etc.. would be a massive boost for the AU, for trading among member countries...

1 Like

Re: Haiti Joins African Union by Freiburger(m): 3:08pm On Nov 12, 2012
shymexx:

You just need a strong leader that's going to act like a "dictator" to turn Nigeria around...

Nigerians need proper ar.se whopping to get back to being sane again, and you need a leader who can do that... grin
We already have some group of people people parading themselves as strong leaders in government, what have done so far?
Re: Haiti Joins African Union by Freiburger(m): 3:09pm On Nov 12, 2012
OkwaIfugo: welcome Haiti.
5likes
Re: Haiti Joins African Union by Nobody: 3:12pm On Nov 12, 2012
cheddarking:

Ahahahahaha

Billy my old sparring partner...

I love my country so much...and I consider myself first and foremost a Nigerian with a British Passport as opposed to a Nigerian-born British National.

But what do you get, when the most corrupt leaders of the most backward continent, accept the leader of one of the most poverty stricken and corrupt countries, as one of their own?

What should we expect realistically?
My frustration is that you do not believe in yourself enough, you expect mediocres to run the country while you sit there in UK and enjoy the whiteman's sweat while trading blame on the leaders who ventured into politics with halfbaked knowledge of developmental ideals. I challenge you to come pick up PDP membership card, let's see how we can get you a portfolio. Its not enough to keep white girls on your bed and some wads of pounds in the draw and type hatred against my Nigeria. You are doing what you doing in UK now cos u are Nigeria and you got the knowledge right here. Be Patriotic!

1 Like

Re: Haiti Joins African Union by Nobody: 3:16pm On Nov 12, 2012
Freiburger:
Who already have some group of people people parading themselves as strong leaders in government, what have done so far?

Who are these people?

You need to get a leader like Gaddafi who'll lynch all the corrupt politicians out there and restart the country from the scratch...

The school curriculum also needs to be changed to make it more Afrocentric for future generations because right now, the country is just churning out mis-educated simpletons... grin

1 Like

Re: Haiti Joins African Union by cheddarking(m): 3:18pm On Nov 12, 2012
Billyonaire: My frustration is that you do not believe in yourself enough, you expect mediocres to run the country while you sit there in UK and enjoy the whiteman's sweat while trading blame on the leaders who ventured into politics with halfbaked knowledge of developmental ideals. I challenge you to come pick up PDP membership card, let's see how we can get you a portfolio. Its not enough to keep white girls on your bed and some wads of pounds in the draw and type hatred against my Nigeria. You are doing what you doing in UK now cos u are Nigeria and you got the knowledge right here. Be Patriotic!

Is that an invitation to play 'rofo-rofo' poilitics? grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Haiti Joins African Union by Freiburger(m): 3:19pm On Nov 12, 2012
cheddarking:

Is that an invitation to play 'rofo-rofo' poilitics? grin grin grin
5likes grin
Re: Haiti Joins African Union by Nobody: 3:23pm On Nov 12, 2012
shymexx:

They have all been part of it from the beginning...

I think they were trying to get Brazil and Venezuela to join as well, but I don't know what happened to that

However, a couple of countries are on observer status...

Brazil, Jamaica, Barbados, Venezuela, Trinidad and Tobago etc.. would be a massive boost for the AU, for trading among member countries...

Wow even Brazil and Venezuela abi? cheesy These are big caliber
Awesome! Let cross our finger and hope it happens!
I just hope they won't become the new exploiters as Americo-Liberians in Liberia grin
Re: Haiti Joins African Union by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 12, 2012
Buzugee/Obadiah777

Bruddah, I heard Haiti is one of the lost tribes of Israel, can you explain further.... grin
Re: Haiti Joins African Union by Okijajuju1(m): 3:31pm On Nov 12, 2012
Shey the same Haiti wey Wyclef Jean wan be their President and the same Haiti wey Earthquake wan bury ba?! undecided

Abeg how does their joining AU affect our Status as a Third world continent?! ?!

Abeg Pass me the kpoli..

1 Like

Re: Haiti Joins African Union by Nobody: 3:31pm On Nov 12, 2012
Sybellah:
Wow even Brazil and Venezuela abi? cheesy These are big caliber
Awesome! Let cross our finger and hope it happens!
I just hope they won't become the new exploiters as Americo-Liberians in Liberia grin

Americo-Liberian saga is different - those returnees were spooks planted there to exploit and lord over the native people for America... Other returnees on the continent were never like that... Nigeria had the Saros and Amaros in Lagos, Abeokuta, Onitsha, and Port Harcourt - and they contributed to the development of those places... The Afro-Cubans also helped Angola win its civil war...

Brazil has the 2nd largest population of black people after Nigeria, and Hugo Chavez is black... Perhaps, that was why they were invited to be part of it..
Re: Haiti Joins African Union by Nobody: 3:37pm On Nov 12, 2012
shymexx:

Americo-Liberian saga is different - those returnees were spooks planted there to exploit and lord over the native people for America... Other returnees on the continent were never like that... Nigeria had the Saros and Amaros in Lagos, Abeokuta, Onitsha, and Port Harcourt - and they contributed to the development of those places... The Afro-Cubans also helped Angola win its civil war...

Brazil has the 2nd largest population of black people after Nigeria, and Hugo Chavez is black... Perhaps, that was why they were invited to be part of it..

I never knew they were that many returnees, i just knew for Liberia and Salone,
Thanks for the information smiley
@ bolded, it make sense.
Re: Haiti Joins African Union by nedu2000(m): 3:41pm On Nov 12, 2012
shymexx: Time for the wind of African Renaissance and Black Consciousness to start blowing on the African continent, the future is bright! We ruled the world for more than 6,000 years,sporans..
africa ruled who?when?who kept the records?how?#justasking
Re: Haiti Joins African Union by Nobody: 3:45pm On Nov 12, 2012
Sybellah:

I never knew they were that many returnees, i just knew for Liberia and Salone,
Thanks for the information smiley
@ bolded, it make sense.

Nigeria had loads of returnees and they made Lagos what it is today...

The first Yoruba bible was written by a returnee and the biggest political party in Nigeria(pre-independence) was started by mostly returnees...
Re: Haiti Joins African Union by Nobody: 3:46pm On Nov 12, 2012
nedu2000: africa ruled who?when?who kept the records?how?#justasking
Eqypt was world power!
Re: Haiti Joins African Union by Nobody: 3:47pm On Nov 12, 2012
shymexx:

If Hugo Chavez is black to you, then you need to change your telly from Black and white to coloured
Re: Haiti Joins African Union by Nobody: 3:48pm On Nov 12, 2012
nedu2000: africa ruled who?when?who kept the records?how?#justasking

Another failed product of the Nigerian educational system...

Do they teach you history at all in that country?? undecided

Egypt and Nubia ruled the world...

And those who ruled Europe during the mid-century(dark ages) were mostly blacks(moors) from Songhay and Malian Empire, go ask the Sicilians where their ancestors came from... undecided
Re: Haiti Joins African Union by mu2sa2: 3:51pm On Nov 12, 2012
welcome our brothers from haiti. Ghaddafi is vindiated in calling on all black people to come together. Ghaddafi was a pan africanist who welcomed all africans to his coutry without discrimination - arabs,blacks, muslims, christians, everybody flocked to ghaddafi`s libya to make their fortune. Shame on libyans who were used by britain, france & usa to kill ghaddafi. Ghaddafi is resting in peace now but his killers are still fighting and killing themselves in libya while their western backers are suffering terrible economic woes. God will punish the wicked.
Re: Haiti Joins African Union by Nobody: 3:52pm On Nov 12, 2012
bermuda1:

If Hugo Chavez is black to you, then you need to change your telly from Black and white to coloured

Hugo Chavez said that himself, all I did was quote him...

The Chávez family were of Amerindian, Afro-Venezuelan, and Spanish descent.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugo_Ch%C3%A1vez

If Obama is black, then Hugo Chavez is also definitely black....

And the black and white TV thing is pretty funny, coming from a Nigerian... grin
Re: Haiti Joins African Union by vanstanzy(m): 3:56pm On Nov 12, 2012
U know it brings tears to my eyes as i read all ur comments on this matter, and at the same time am laughing like crazy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. Why is it that anything called news sails through with u guyz, no matter how absurd it sounds? Are u guyz that hungry for news? And who the hell is proshare anyway? HONESTLY, AM TRYING HARD TO MAKE SENSE OUT OF THIS NONSENSE! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Haiti Joins African Union by Amazondepth(m): 3:59pm On Nov 12, 2012
Abegi,y d hullabaloo about Haiti joining d AU?so wat has d AU done for its original african member nations dat is making everyone so excited it will do for Haiti?abi wat will Haiti do for AU?sugarcane,corruption and Wyclef Jean are Haitis biggest exports.Pan Africanism indeed wey even inside small Nigeria yoruba,Hausa and Ibo wan kill each other for supremacy.make we hear word abeg.
Re: Haiti Joins African Union by Nobody: 4:01pm On Nov 12, 2012
shymexx:

Hugo Chavez said that himself, all I did was quote him...

If Obama is black, then Hugo Chavez is also definitely black....

And the black and white TV thing is pretty funny, coming from a Nigerian... grin

Hugo Chavez is not a black man. He may have had one of his ancestors somewhere that was black but he is not a black man. unless both our televisions are not made in Asia, the hugo chavez i see on TV has features that are definitialy native south america mixed with spanish ancestry. he has more in common with the likes of Maradona and Suarez than Pele and Ramirez. just using a football analogy
Re: Haiti Joins African Union by Nobody: 4:04pm On Nov 12, 2012
Amazondepth: Abegi,y d hullabaloo about Haiti joining d AU?so wat has d AU done for its original african member nations dat is making everyone so excited it will do for Haiti?abi wat will Haiti do for AU?sugarcane,corruption and Wyclef Jean are Haitis biggest exports.Pan Africanism indeed wey even inside small Nigeria yoruba,Hausa and Ibo wan kill each other for supremacy.make we hear word abeg.

Do you what Haiti is sitting on?

If Haiti had nothing to offer, America won't be as interested as it's in the affairs of that country..
Re: Haiti Joins African Union by topsyking: 4:04pm On Nov 12, 2012
MY BLACK PEOPLE WE HAVE REALLY SUFFERED...I was ready a book abut the history of african, slavery.and I was crying...white has done evil and bad to us than bad...after destroying africa, they now brought religion..why not bring religion first..a lot of questions need answer
AM ANGRY AS I TYPE THIS WORDS....
Black av scattered all over d world..afro asian..black sri lankas, pakistan,kuwait..
Can't believe there are black pakis...even indian too...
Am really angry with what WHITE pple did to us..taking us forcefully as slave to everywhere on earth..to the carribeans, american,europe..
BUT the children of the white slave master will pay for wat there fathers did to us..well dey are already paying for it .....hahahahahahahahahhahhahaahahhahahhahhahhahhahahahhhahhhahhahahhahahahahahhah

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Uhuru Kenyatta Sworn In As President Of Kenya / Mother Of Dead Cairo Reporter Publishes Gut-wrenching Final Text Messages / DJK, U.S. Diplomat Arrested In Turkey For Forging Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.