Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,029 members, 7,939,154 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 07:21 PM

Have You Praised Him Yet, Today? - Religion (134) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have You Praised Him Yet, Today? (386254 Views)

I Have Repented From GAYISM, Jesus Be Praised / Have You Praised Him Today? / Have You Praised Him Yet, Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (392) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Praised Him Yet, Today? by kolaoloye(m): 7:28am On Jun 05, 2013
Thank you Jesus.
Re: Have You Praised Him Yet, Today? by sayso: 7:42am On Jun 05, 2013
Thank you Father fopr he love and mercies upon me and my family.Blessed be to your holy name forever and ever.
Re: Have You Praised Him Yet, Today? by meggy4real: 7:42am On Jun 05, 2013
Rhapsody Of Realities
Create Substance From Hope
Wednesday, June 5th

Pastor Chris

Who against hope believed in hope, that he might become the father of many nations, according to that which was spoken, So shall thy seed be (Romans 4:18).

The Apostle Paul’s thoughts about Abraham’s faith in Romans 4 show that Abraham believed and trusted in the God who gives life to the dead, and calls things that don’t exist as though they already existed. Against hope, he believed in hope; meaning that even when it was naturally hopeless for him to have a child, at nearly one hundred years old, he created substance out of his hope. And that’s exactly what the Bible says faith is: "...the substance of things hoped for…" (Hebrews 11:1).

Hence, when the Bible says, "Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him for righteousness," it isn’t just talking about mental assent or believing; it’s dealing with faith. It means, he made an unqualified committal to Jehovah; he cast himself on the Lord, expressing absolute confidence and trust in Him. Abraham made positive and real, that which he had pictured from afar. This was how he received the miracle of a son: he believed God had given him a son even though he was yet to see him with his physical eyes.

Therefore, when God changed his name from Abram to Abraham, he promptly adjusted to his new status. He began to introduce himself to others as "the father of many," even though physically, the child was yet to be born. That was how he translated his hope to faith and eventually realised the promise.

Like faithful Abraham, you’ve been called to the faith life-style, and faith requires that you create substance out of hope by acting as though God has done what you asked for. Faith requires that you say "yes" to God’s Word and live accordingly. Confession
I’m what God says I am. I can do what He says I can do, and I have what He says I have. My faith is the evidence that every blessing of God as stated concerning me in the Word, are my present-hour possession. I’m in the centre of God’s will for my life, where all things synchronize and function to my advantage, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Romans 4:19-20

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : John 19:17-42 1 Chronicles 17-19

2 Year Reading Plan : Mark 15:1-14 Deuteronomy 3
knotty: Have you praised Him today?
if you haven`t take this time to say THANK YOU to God in whatever language and whatever you manner you know best.
He deserves it, at least for keeping you alive.

Re: Have You Praised Him Yet, Today? by meggy4real: 7:44am On Jun 05, 2013
Psalm 150:1-6 “Praise ye the LORD. Praise God in his sanctuary: praise him in the firmament of his power. Praise him for his mighty acts: praise him according to his excellent greatness. Praise him with the sound of the trumpet: praise him with the psaltery and harp. Praise him with the timbrel and dance: praise him with stringed instruments and organs. Praise him upon the loud cymbals: praise him upon the high sounding cymbals. Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD.” (KJV)

Psalm 77:11 “I will remember the deeds of the Lord; yes, I will remember your wonders of old.” (ESV)

1 Thessalonians 5:18 “In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.” (KJV)

Psalm 136:1 “Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever.” (NLT)

Psalm 9:1 “I will praise You, O LORD, with my whole heart; I will tell of all Your marvelous works.” (NKJV)

Psalm 69:30 “I will praise the name of God with a song; I will magnify him with thanksgiving.” (ESV)

Psalm 103:2-5 “Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget none of His benefits; Who pardons all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases, Who redeems your life from the pit,Who crowns you with loving kindness and compassion; Who satisfies your years with good things, So that your youth is renewed like the eagle.” (NASB)

Psalm 107:1, 118:1 “O give thanks unto the LORD, for he is good: for his mercy endures for ever.” (KJV)

Psalm 92:1 “It is a good thing to give thanks unto the LORD, and to sing praises unto thy name, o most high.” (KJV)

1 Chronicles 16:8 “Give thanks unto the LORD, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the people.”(KJV)

Psalm 145:7 “The fame of your goodness spreads across the country; your righteousness is on everyone’s lips.” (The Message)

Psalm 26:7 “That I may proclaim with the voice of thanksgiving,and tell of all Your wondrous works.” (NJKV)

Psalm 35:18 “I will give You thanks in the great assembly; I will praise You among many people.” (NKJV)

Psalm 50:23 “Whoever offers the sacrifice of thanksgiving glorifies me; And to him that orders his way aright will I show the salvation of God.” (KJV)

Nehemiah 9:5-6 “Arise, bless the Lord your God forever and ever! O may Your glorious name be blessed and exalted above all blessing and praise! You alone are the Lord. You have made the heavens, The heaven of heavens with all their host, The earth and all that is on it, The seas and all that is in them. You give life to all of them, and the heavenly host bows down before You.” (NASB)

Psalm 95: 1- 6 “O come, let us sing unto the LORD: let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation.Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms. For the LORD is a great God, and a great King above all gods. In his hand are the deep places of the earth: the strength of the hills is his also. The sea is his, and he made it: and his hands formed the dry land. O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the LORD our maker.” (KJV)

Psalm 100 “Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands. Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing. Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endures to all generations.” (KJV)

1 Chronicles 29:11-13 “Yours, O LORD, is the greatness, the power and the glory, the victory and the majesty; For all that is in heaven and in earth is Yours; Yours is the kingdom, O LORD, And You are exalted as head over all. Both riches and honor come from You, And You reign over all. In Your hand is power and might; In Your hand it is to make great and to give strength to all. Now therefore, our God, We thank You, and praise Your glorious name.” (NKJV)

Psalm 31:19 “Oh, how great is Your goodness, Which You have laid up for those who fear You, Which You have prepared for those who trust in You, In the presence of the sons of men!” (NKJV)

James 5:13 “Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing praise.” (ESV)

Psalm 97:12 “Rejoice in the LORD, ye righteous; and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.” (KJV)

Psalm 105: 1-2 “Oh, give thanks to the LORD! Call upon His name; Make known His deeds among the peoples! Sing to Him, sing psalms to Him; Talk of all His wondrous works!” (NKJV)

Psalm 75:1 “We give thanks to You, O God, we give thanks!
For Your wondrous works declare that Your name is near. ” (NKJV)

***~~~***

Bible Quotes on Gratitude & Thanksgiving Vs Our Desires or Wants

Give thanks for what you are now, and keep praying, trusting and working towards what you want to be tomorrow. In everything, trust that God is in control, and allow God to direct your steps. Let’s live lives that continually praise and glorify God – a life that will be a sweet smelling fragrance to God and to those around us.
Let us praise the Lord while we live ~ Amen!

Philippians 4:6 “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.” (NKJV)

Hebrews 13:15 “Through him then let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that acknowledge his name.” (ESV) ~ Amen
meggy4real:
Rhapsody Of Realities
Create Substance From Hope
Wednesday, June 5th

Pastor Chris

Who against hope believed in hope, that he might become the father of many nations, according to that which was spoken, So shall thy seed be (Romans 4:18).

The Apostle Paul’s thoughts about Abraham’s faith in Romans 4 show that Abraham believed and trusted in the God who gives life to the dead, and calls things that don’t exist as though they already existed. Against hope, he believed in hope; meaning that even when it was naturally hopeless for him to have a child, at nearly one hundred years old, he created substance out of his hope. And that’s exactly what the Bible says faith is: "...the substance of things hoped for…" (Hebrews 11:1).

Hence, when the Bible says, "Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him for righteousness," it isn’t just talking about mental assent or believing; it’s dealing with faith. It means, he made an unqualified committal to Jehovah; he cast himself on the Lord, expressing absolute confidence and trust in Him. Abraham made positive and real, that which he had pictured from afar. This was how he received the miracle of a son: he believed God had given him a son even though he was yet to see him with his physical eyes.

Therefore, when God changed his name from Abram to Abraham, he promptly adjusted to his new status. He began to introduce himself to others as "the father of many," even though physically, the child was yet to be born. That was how he translated his hope to faith and eventually realised the promise.

Like faithful Abraham, you’ve been called to the faith life-style, and faith requires that you create substance out of hope by acting as though God has done what you asked for. Faith requires that you say "yes" to God’s Word and live accordingly. Confession
I’m what God says I am. I can do what He says I can do, and I have what He says I have. My faith is the evidence that every blessing of God as stated concerning me in the Word, are my present-hour possession. I’m in the centre of God’s will for my life, where all things synchronize and function to my advantage, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Romans 4:19-20

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : John 19:17-42 1 Chronicles 17-19

2 Year Reading Plan : Mark 15:1-14 Deuteronomy 3
Re: Have You Praised Him Yet, Today? by Moralistli(m): 8:21am On Jun 05, 2013
Thank you Lord for another beautiful day....
Re: Have You Praised Him Yet, Today? by wescoboy: 10:28am On Jun 05, 2013
Heavenly Father God, I give You all the glory because You are good and Your mercy endures forever. I thank You because You are my sufficiency. In You I move, Live and have my being. Blessed be Your Holy Name. Amen
Re: Have You Praised Him Yet, Today? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jun 05, 2013
I Thank God for his Mercy endures forever.
Re: Have You Praised Him Yet, Today? by Joyland(m): 3:43am On Jun 06, 2013
Thank You Lord.
Re: Have You Praised Him Yet, Today? by slinkky(m): 6:14am On Jun 06, 2013
Thank You Lord, for the gift of onother day, thank You for Your innumerable. blessings in time past, thank You for uprooting my enemies.
Re: Have You Praised Him Yet, Today? by sayso: 7:55am On Jun 06, 2013
Thank you Father for all the love and mercies upon me and my family.Blessed be to your holy name forever and ever.
Re: Have You Praised Him Yet, Today? by sammu(m): 8:45am On Jun 06, 2013
Oh Lord, i bless Your Holy Name.
Re: Have You Praised Him Yet, Today? by renewnaija(m): 11:15am On Jun 06, 2013
The Almighty Father, who am I to stand before You?
Oh! What a thing that I be called a son of God!
Abba Father! Be glorified now & forever more.
Re: Have You Praised Him Yet, Today? by PastorOluT(m): 11:25am On Jun 06, 2013
Ese ibi teti bere, ese ibi teba de, modupe o Jesu ibi tie n mumilo!
Re: Have You Praised Him Yet, Today? by sammu(m): 6:50am On Jun 07, 2013
Lord You are good. There is none like Thee . All the nations will serve Thee and trust in Thee
Re: Have You Praised Him Yet, Today? by sayso: 8:00am On Jun 07, 2013
Thank you LORD for the love and mercies upon me and my family.Blessed be to your holy name forever and ever.
Re: Have You Praised Him Yet, Today? by kolaoloye(m): 9:58am On Jun 07, 2013
I give all the glory to you oh Lord.
Re: Have You Praised Him Yet, Today? by Tovot: 12:37pm On Jun 07, 2013
THANK YOU MY GOD OOOO THANK YOU MY GOD O,
Re: Have You Praised Him Yet, Today? by meggy4real: 1:49pm On Jun 07, 2013
Baba , u too dey bless me . Thank u so much
Tovot: THANK YOU MY GOD OOOO THANK YOU MY GOD O,
Re: Have You Praised Him Yet, Today? by meggy4real: 1:52pm On Jun 07, 2013
meggy4real: Baba , u too dey bless me . Thank u so much
A GLORIOUS COMMUNION! *PASTOR CHRIS* FRIDAY, JUNE 7TH, 2013
Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him (John 14:23).

In our opening verse, the Lord Jesus said, "If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him…." This prompts a question: "Didn’t the Father already love everyone?" John 3:16 says, "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

When He said the Father would love the one who keeps His words, He wasn’t talking about the general love of God, but the "fellowship-love" of God. He meant that the Father would take notice of him and have special fellowship with him. Next, He said, "… we (the Father and the Son) will come unto him, and make our abode with him." This wasn’t going to be a visit; rather, He meant the Father and the Son would set up their headquarters in the heart of the one who keeps God’s Word. Amazing thought!

I discovered this verse many years ago, and it made a deep impression on my spirit. I couldn’t get away from the phrase "…make our abode with him," because I understood what it meant. It’s a glorious communion; an inseparable oneness with divinity. You’re in Him, and He’s in you; you’ve become the operational headquarters, while He becomes your dwelling place. Colossians 1:27 says, "…Christ in you, the hope of glory." Thus, you’re shielded by His presence and covered by His glory, twenty-four hours a day.

CONFESSION
My life is hidden with Christ in God. In Him I live, and move, and have my being. I abide in Him just as He abides in me, and ours is a glorious communion and oneness of spirits. Halleluiah.

FURTHER STUDY
John 15:5
New Life Version (NLV)
5 I am the Vine and you are the branches. Get your life from Me. Then I will live in you and you will give much fruit. You can do nothing without Me.

Acts 17:28
New Life Version (NLV)
28 It is in Him that we live and move and keep on living. Some of your own men have written, ‘We are God’s children.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
1 Year Reading Plan : John 20:19-31 1 Chronicles 23-25
2 Year Reading Plan : Mark 15:25-32, Deuteronomy 5
Re: Have You Praised Him Yet, Today? by meggy4real: 1:53pm On Jun 07, 2013
Thought for Today: What Happens when You Speak in Other Tongues?

⁠Newest Posts, Thought for Today⁠ ⁠287 comments

Jun. 05

For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries. (1 Corinthians 14:2).

It’s been over 48 hours since the Holy Ghost launched us into this glorious month of Prayer. The excitement is building around the world as believers pray together twice a day for fifteen-life changing minutes each; speaking mostly in other tongues. Thank you for heeding the counsel of the Spirit to pray.

In this month of Prayer, ensure that you participate fully in those special prayer times and speaking in other tongues is one spiritual activity you must take seriously! If you’ve not been praying this way, you’re missing too much! Paul said, “I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than ye all” (1 Corinthians 14:18). He could brag about it because he understood the importance of this spiritual activity. No wonder his results were incontrovertible.

Speaking in other tongues is an important way to accomplish a God-given purpose. It’s a way to “quick charge” your spirit and cause you to respond very quickly to spiritual things. As you pray in tongues, the anointing is stirred within you and, suddenly, you’re turned into another man. Glory!

When you’re born again and filled with the Holy Spirit, the power of God comes to reside in you. This power is triggered off or set in motion when you speak in other tongues. 1 Corinthians 14:4 says, “He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself….” The Greek word translated as “edifieth” means “to construct or to build up, to embolden or charge up like a battery.” The scripture is therefore telling us that the one who speaks in other tongues builds himself up like an edifice; he emboldens himself and charges himself like a battery.

Speaking in tongues is the solution to fear and timidity. If you ever become timid about anything this month, activate the power within you by speaking in other tongues; it works! (2 Timothy 1:7). Also, if you want to operate in the highest level of faith, which you’ve attained, then you must practise speaking in other tongues often this month. In Jude 1:20, the Bible says when you speak in other tongues you’re building yourself on your most holy faith. That means the Spirit of God is able to take God’s Word right into your spirit where it produces God’s kind of faith.

Brothers and sisters, this month is a month like never before because you’re in for a glorious experience. In this month, you’ll see the manifestation of the supernatural in your life like never before and others will see it too. So, don’t just participate; let’s get everyone speaking in other tongues. Glory to God!

Remember to post your comments and share your experiences in this month of Prayer.
meggy4real:
A GLORIOUS COMMUNION! *PASTOR CHRIS* FRIDAY, JUNE 7TH, 2013
Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him (John 14:23).

In our opening verse, the Lord Jesus said, "If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him…." This prompts a question: "Didn’t the Father already love everyone?" John 3:16 says, "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

When He said the Father would love the one who keeps His words, He wasn’t talking about the general love of God, but the "fellowship-love" of God. He meant that the Father would take notice of him and have special fellowship with him. Next, He said, "… we (the Father and the Son) will come unto him, and make our abode with him." This wasn’t going to be a visit; rather, He meant the Father and the Son would set up their headquarters in the heart of the one who keeps God’s Word. Amazing thought!

I discovered this verse many years ago, and it made a deep impression on my spirit. I couldn’t get away from the phrase "…make our abode with him," because I understood what it meant. It’s a glorious communion; an inseparable oneness with divinity. You’re in Him, and He’s in you; you’ve become the operational headquarters, while He becomes your dwelling place. Colossians 1:27 says, "…Christ in you, the hope of glory." Thus, you’re shielded by His presence and covered by His glory, twenty-four hours a day.

CONFESSION
My life is hidden with Christ in God. In Him I live, and move, and have my being. I abide in Him just as He abides in me, and ours is a glorious communion and oneness of spirits. Halleluiah.

FURTHER STUDY
John 15:5
New Life Version (NLV)
5 I am the Vine and you are the branches. Get your life from Me. Then I will live in you and you will give much fruit. You can do nothing without Me.

Acts 17:28
New Life Version (NLV)
28 It is in Him that we live and move and keep on living. Some of your own men have written, ‘We are God’s children.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
1 Year Reading Plan : John 20:19-31 1 Chronicles 23-25
2 Year Reading Plan : Mark 15:25-32, Deuteronomy 5

Re: Have You Praised Him Yet, Today? by Jumzzy28: 6:08pm On Jun 07, 2013
I praise you Lord for what you are doing in my life
Re: Have You Praised Him Yet, Today? by Moralistli(m): 6:30am On Jun 08, 2013
Thank you Lord for your love and care...

1 Like

Re: Have You Praised Him Yet, Today? by sammu(m): 10:26am On Jun 08, 2013
Thank You Father
Thank You Son
Thank You Holy Spirit AMEN
Re: Have You Praised Him Yet, Today? by renewnaija(m): 1:11pm On Jun 08, 2013
Father of disciples, I worship You. Only You are worthy Daddy.
Re: Have You Praised Him Yet, Today? by Dannyxy(m): 2:24pm On Jun 08, 2013
I thank you God
Re: Have You Praised Him Yet, Today? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jun 08, 2013
yes! as i woke up from my beautiful sleep.
i thanked him. smiley

i had the kind of sleep where i didn't even dream grin grin
Been having a lot of those lately...means my soul is at peace.

Thanks to my creator. kiss kiss
Re: Have You Praised Him Yet, Today? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jun 08, 2013
Moralistli: Thank you Lord for your love and care...

all the time. kiss
Re: Have You Praised Him Yet, Today? by sammu(m): 6:51am On Jun 09, 2013
Dear Lord. I give You all the praises and adoration. You are wonderful, the prince of peace.
Re: Have You Praised Him Yet, Today? by slinkky(m): 8:30am On Jun 09, 2013
Thank you LORD for uprooting, shame, repoach and dishonor in my life. Thank you Lord for uprooting my adversaries.
Re: Have You Praised Him Yet, Today? by Moralistli(m): 10:18am On Jun 09, 2013
Sweet Jesus, Thank you for another sunday....
Re: Have You Praised Him Yet, Today? by bidey: 11:06am On Jun 09, 2013
Blessed be the name of the LORD
Re: Have You Praised Him Yet, Today? by moneyspill(m): 2:50pm On Jun 09, 2013

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (392) (Reply)

Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them / Nairaland Bible Quiz-you can join anytime... / Sincere Milk — Pray For Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.