Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,116 members, 7,887,241 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:33 AM

THE POLITICAL Azonto, Etighi, Alanta, OF 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / THE POLITICAL Azonto, Etighi, Alanta, OF 2015 (502 Views)

We Tried To Help Jonathan… But He Was Dancing Azonto On Television – NEF / Jonathan Must Put An End To His Azonto Dance In Rivers State – Obahiagbon / Nigerian Police Dancing Azonto! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

THE POLITICAL Azonto, Etighi, Alanta, OF 2015 by blog4all(m): 7:23pm On Nov 13, 2012
http://blog4all-com..com/2012/11/the-political-azonto-etighi-alanta-of.html

If tomorrow comes, then it must be 2015, the magic year. It is the year all the contenders for elective offices will save the best dance for the last to win the trophy. Talking about dancing, let me share copiously with you a thought provoking story from my California, United States based pal, Bassey Essien. Hear him on the story, “Giraffes Can’t Dance” by Giles Andrede and Guy Parker-Rees. This time, I’m into motivational talk on 2015.
“Gerald was a tall giraffe whose neck… was long and slim. But his knees were awfully crooked and his legs were rather thin. He was very good at standing still and munching shoots of trees. But when he tried to run around, he buckled at the trees. Now, every year in Africa, they hold the Jungle Dance, where every single animal turns up to skip and prance and the this year when the day arrived, poor Gerald felt so bad, because when it came to dancing, he was really very bad.

The Warthogs started waltzing and rhinos rock’n’rolled. The lions danced a tango that was elegant and bold. The chimps did a cha-cha with a very Latin feel, and baboons then teamed up for a Scottish reel. Gerald swallowed bravely as he walked towards the floor. But the lions saw him coming, and the soon began to roar “Hey, look at Clumsy Gerald’, Giraffes can’t dance you silly fool”. Oh Gerald, you’re so weird”. Gerald simply froze up. He was rooted to the spot. They’re right, he thought. I’m useless. Feeling like such a clot, he crept off from the dance floor and he started walking home. He had never felt so bad before, so sad, and so alone.

Then he found a little clearing and looked up to the sky, “the moon can be so beautiful” he whispered with a sigh. “Excuse me!” coughed a cricket, who had seen Gerald earlier on. “But sometimes when you are different, you just need a different song”. Listen to the swaging grass and listen to the trees. To me, the sweetest music is in those branches in the breeze. So imagine that the lovely moon is playing just for you, everything makes music if you really want it to”. With that, the cricket smiled and picked up his violin. Then Gerald felt his body do the most amazing thing. His hooves had started shuffling. His neck was gently swaging, and his tail was swishing round.

He threw his legs out sideways and the swung them everywhere. Then he did a backward somersault and leapt up in the air. Gerald felt so wonderful. His mouth was open wide. “I’m dancing! Yes, I’m dancing! I AM DANCING,” Gerald cried. Then, one by one, each animal who had been there at the dance arrived while Gerald boogied on and watched him quite entranced. They shouted, “it’s a miracle! We must be in a dream. Gerald’s the best dancer that we’ve ever, ever seen!” “How did you learn to dance like that? Please Gerald, tell us how” But Gerald simply twirled around and finished with a bow. Then he raised his head and looked up at the moon and stars and above. “WE ALL CAN DANCE”, he said, “When WE FIND MUSIC THAT WE LOVE”

That’s the end of that long excerpt. It speaks a lot to my heart and I suppose, it should minister much more to yours. I only hope your eyes of understanding and interpretation is opened to the enlightened philosophy encoded into that great and inspiring story. As Essien concluded, “in the real world, we sometimes find ourselves in Gerald’s world. At times we may have been written off in life for not being good enough in something, which unknown to those that wrote us off, or we ourselves, we could actually excel in, but here is Gerald’s story to encourage you.

Read More @ http://blog4all-com..com/2012/11/the-political-azonto-etighi-alanta-of.html
Re: THE POLITICAL Azonto, Etighi, Alanta, OF 2015 by Trachea: 7:35pm On Nov 13, 2012
beautiful piece...inspiring.

(1) (Reply)

9ja Politics / Boko Haram Sennds Letter To FG Of Dialogue 3 Days After N290 Million Bounty. / Who Is Nxt In Line 2 B D Deputy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.