Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,251 members, 7,887,711 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:44 PM

Help My Mom Always Talks About Death - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help My Mom Always Talks About Death (2320 Views)

My Mom Is Missing / My Mom Burst In While I Was Having Sex With My Wife. / Hello Nairalanders!! Meet My Mom And I (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help My Mom Always Talks About Death by chineji(m): 12:21am On Nov 14, 2012
I just recently turned 17 my mom is a doctor and my dad is a lawyer. They are not rich we are just average nigerians struggling to survive. My dad was making a little money while we were in calabar and he paid our fees and trained my mother to be a doctor then things went bad for him we relocated to lagos my mom started her practice she has been the breadwinner ever since she pays my fees and extra lesson fees and it hasn't been easy for her my dad tried working in some places but you know how poorly lawyers are paid in nigeria so he set up his business but there isn't any clientale base so things are rough for him at the moment lately my mom suspects my dad of cheating cause he doesn't give her money truth is I don't buy that cause even the clothes and shoes my dad wears are worn out my dad comes back early from work every day on weekends he's at home he lives a simple life and my dad doesn't lie so the other day there was an argument between my mom and dad and she dragged him out of the room that one must die and my dad was still maintaining his cool that's how my dad Is no matter what he's always cool so she was abusing and cursing him that it will never be better for him and stuff and she went to drag his shirt he mistakenly hit her in her eyes the next day carried her to the hospital the doctors said she should do a ct scan cause of that my dad went sober he has been begging her since and anytime we have my mom will call us and tell us our dad doesn't love us that he gives money to alll his girlfriends outside that if she dies that I will have to train my sisters am just 17 what does she expect an ssce holder to do when many graduates are without jobs when other parents are praying for long life to train their kids mines always talking of death death death one night she called all my aunts and uncles and told them she's sick then she called me and showed me where her credentials are that I should be wise she showed me her ATM cards she said I should sell her car so I can train my sisters this isn't her first time of doing this she has been doing it but this is the last straw that has broken the cames back cause of what she says I keep having bad dreams I can't sleep if she coughs my heart skips I can't handle this psychologically please nairalanders help me what do I do ?
Re: Help My Mom Always Talks About Death by warrior01: 2:06am On Nov 14, 2012
If she's truly at the departure lounge, then sell the car as instructed and buy a her a befitting coffin. Jokes apart, I think your mom really needs some help and I hope yaba left is not too far away.
Re: Help My Mom Always Talks About Death by baby124: 3:23am On Nov 14, 2012
Am sorry to tell you this, but your mum is a drama queen and attention seeker. She is probably ashamed of her behavior towards your dad in front of you guys, so to get sympathy she is making up all sorts of stories. Anytime she talks about death, ask her what exactly is the health problem. cheesy. Because she has been shouting since, but you can't see anything. Tell her not to worry, that she will be fine. Am sure your dad will soon settle in, and once she sees money flowing well, she won't want to die again. Who wan commot road for another woman to chop korrect money? Your mum is a hilarious drama queen. Abegi! Sometimes when our parents behave like kids, we have to step up and reassure them or become the adults for our siblings. Its probably stress that is causing this paranoia and drama. Challenges are only for a short while. You and your siblings should not take sides in your parents fight. Your mum may just be giving a dog a bad name to hang it.

1 Like

Re: Help My Mom Always Talks About Death by Caseless: 3:46am On Nov 14, 2012
17 yr old gat me rollin across the thread without a stop. Dont let mum's advice instigate or incite u against ur dad. Talking about death is normal, but what is not normal here is her actions.
Re: Help My Mom Always Talks About Death by Nobody: 5:54am On Nov 14, 2012
Your Mom is childish and an example of what you should not be as a wife.
She will not die, just being as Baby said a drama queen and attention seeker.
She is am sorry to say a bad mother for bringing you between you kids between an imaginary disagreement between her and your father.
You are 17, their marriage is not your business, they are adults they should settle their matter between themselves. Since your mother has disrespected her self and her husband to this embarassing level tell her next time she starts that she should kindly leave you and your sibblings out of their marriage, that they should settle their issues without involving you.
Stop worrying so much, and please this is not marriage, many I mean many women graciously carry their families through tough times without being rude and creating Drama, they respect their husbands and give him honor encouraging him to grow and recover.
Marriage is a lovely thing between two adults. Don't use your parents marriage as a picture.
You are too young to be saddled with such drama.
You will be fine my dear.
Re: Help My Mom Always Talks About Death by Gloriouspa(m): 7:01am On Nov 14, 2012
I am sorry this is happening to you at this tender age of yours. I will advice you to pray fervently for God for restore the original love that started your parent's marriage. Be calm and hopeful, I believe will not die but encouraging her and tell her to keep saying positive things to herself.
Re: Help My Mom Always Talks About Death by lecturerdabo(m): 8:18am On Nov 14, 2012
I was here to scold the writer but having gone through your post, I have this to say:

1. Girls find it very easy to love, believe and trust their fathers even when it is difficult to do so by others.
2. There is hardly any smoke without fire (there may be reason for the suspicion which your mum is keeping to herself)
3. There is also the possibility of your mum having a terminal ailment which is making her paranoid.

I AM REALLY SAD THAT
1. A medical professional does not understand the psychological trauma she is putting her kids through
2. She forgot that this same "cheat" saw her through medical school(what's the need of training her if she is not ready to help)Oh I forgot "NO MONEY NO HONEY"
3. She shamelessly exposed her WWE powers in front of you kids and constantly crave to drag you all into their mess(of course, she is seeking for attention, sympathy and support)

WHAT TO DO
1. Sit her down, have a down to earth talk with her (find out what is really bothering her especially health wise and the basis for her suspicion)
2. Reassure her that she can always beat the challenges of life.
3. Beg her to keep you and your siblings out of their squabbles
4. PRAY WITHOUT CEASING FOR GOD TO RESTORE PEACE BETWEEN THEM
5. PLEASE, don't get involved in their fight by taking side!

WISHING YOU DIVINE VICTORY
CHEER!!!
Re: Help My Mom Always Talks About Death by Nobody: 8:42am On Nov 14, 2012
Now this mother of urs is causing u guy psychological problems. I feel really bad that an adult can act this way. It's things like this that affects people when they grow up and have their own homes.
Be hard on ur mum. Tell her to die if she wants since that is what she wishes for herself. Tell he u are sick of all these drama and that she shouldn't tell u about her cars and monies again. If she dies u will survive on ur own without her properties and u will forget u ever had a mother. That should make her think hard if she has any brain.
Re: Help My Mom Always Talks About Death by Nobody: 8:55am On Nov 14, 2012
chineji: I just recently turned 17 my mom is a doctor and my dad is a lawyer. They are not rich we are just average nigerians struggling to survive. My dad was making a little money while we were in calabar and he paid our fees and trained my mother to be a doctor then things went bad for him we relocated to lagos my mom started her practice she has been the breadwinner ever since she pays my fees and extra lesson fees and it hasn't been easy for her my dad tried working in some places but you know how poorly lawyers are paid in nigeria so he set up his business but there isn't any clientale base so things are rough for him at the moment lately my mom suspects my dad of cheating cause he doesn't give her money truth is I don't buy that cause even the clothes and shoes my dad wears are worn out my dad comes back early from work every day on weekends he's at home he lives a simple life and my dad doesn't lie so the other day there was an argument between my mom and dad and she dragged him out of the room that one must die and my dad was still maintaining his cool that's how my dad Is no matter what he's always cool so she was abusing and cursing him that it will never be better for him and stuff and she went to drag his shirt he mistakenly hit her in her eyes the next day carried her to the hospital the doctors said she should do a ct scan cause of that my dad went sober he has been begging her since and anytime we have my mom will call us and tell us our dad doesn't love us that he gives money to alll his girlfriends outside that if she dies that I will have to train my sisters am just 17 what does she expect an ssce holder to do when many graduates are without jobs when other parents are praying for long life to train their kids mines always talking of death death death one night she called all my aunts and uncles and told them she's sick then she called me and showed me where her credentials are that I should be wise she showed me her ATM cards she said I should sell her car so I can train my sisters this isn't her first time of doing this she has been doing it but this is the last straw that has broken the cames back cause of what she says I keep having bad dreams I can't sleep if she coughs my heart skips I can't handle this psychologically please nairalanders help me what do I do ?

Is the result of the CT scan out? Did they find anything
Re: Help My Mom Always Talks About Death by Nobody: 1:06pm On Nov 14, 2012
baby_123: Am sorry to tell you this, but your mum is a drama queen and attention seeker. She is probably ashamed of her behavior towards your dad in front of you guys, so to get sympathy she is making up all sorts of stories. Anytime she talks about death, ask her what exactly is the health problem. cheesy. Because she has been shouting since, but you can't see anything. Tell her not to worry, that she will be fine. Am sure your dad will soon settle in, and once she sees money flowing well, she won't want to die again. Who wan commot road for another woman to chop korrect money? Your mum is a hilarious drama queen. Abegi! Sometimes when our parents behave like kids, we have to step up and reassure them or become the adults for our siblings. Its probably stress that is causing this paranoia and drama. Challenges are only for a short while. You and your siblings should not take sides in your parents fight. Your mum may just be giving a dog a bad name to hang it.
why are you guys always rude and insensitive to other peoples plight,a boy who is going through an emotional trauma is seeking for help and u are there making jest of his mom and situation,by d way,must u turn everything into a joking matter.nawa o,nigerians can be terrible people sha.jeez
Re: Help My Mom Always Talks About Death by Nobody: 1:18pm On Nov 14, 2012
Gaggi: Now this mother of urs is causing u guy psychological problems. I feel really bad that an adult can act this way. It's things like this that affects people when they grow up and have their own homes.
Be hard on ur mum. Tell her to die if she wants since that is what she wishes for herself. Tell he u are sick of all these drama and that she shouldn't tell u about her cars and monies again. If she dies u will survive on ur own without her properties and u will forget u ever had a mother. That should make her think hard if she has any brain.
what a wicked advice,how can u encourage a boy to say that to his mom for goodness sakes,why are nigerians becoming so insensitive and hardened.a woman that carried a child for 9 months,nursed him and trained him,its his mother here,not just any woman. anyway poster i beg of u in the name of God dont listen to this devilish inclined advice,this is the time your mother needs your care,encouragement and love,she is your mother,if she dies,you will have no other mother,encourage her that she will not die,pray with her,listen to her,make her laugh,do things that will make her happy because d truth of d matter is that if she dies,ur father might marry another wife and no matter how nice your step mother is,she will never be able to do the things your mother does.men are not passionate about their children,it is women so please do all u can to make your mother be herself again, and one more thing,dont listen to all those encouraging you to treat your mother like crap.yorubas say a mother is an inestimable gold,iya ni wura iyebiye,no money can buy and if she dies no nairalander can be like your mother,please take care of her.smh
Re: Help My Mom Always Talks About Death by Nobody: 1:25pm On Nov 14, 2012
debrief08: Your Mom is childish and an example of what you should not be as a wife.
She will not die, just being as Baby said a drama queen and attention seeker.
She is am sorry to say a bad mother for bringing you between you kids between an imaginary disagreement between her and your father.
You are 17, their marriage is not your business, they are adults they should settle their matter between themselves. Since your mother has disrespected her self and her husband to this embarassing level tell her next time she starts that she should kindly leave you and your sibblings out of their marriage, that they should settle their issues without involving you.
Stop worrying so much, and please this is not marriage, many I mean many women graciously carry their families through tough times without being rude and creating Drama, they respect their husbands and give him honor encouraging him to grow and recover.
Marriage is a lovely thing between two adults. Don't use your parents marriage as a picture.
You are too young to be saddled with such drama. please stop talking ill of other peoples mothers,because am sure u will not like other people talking about your mother badly,mothers are gold,respect all mothers,any woman that is able to birth a child sucessfully should be respected.maybe if you go into the labour rooom you will have an idea of the pain women go through to give birth and no matter what she might have done or what miht have happened,it is not in your place to talk ill of any woman PLEASE,thank you!
You will be fine my dear.
Re: Help My Mom Always Talks About Death by Nobody: 4:40pm On Nov 14, 2012
A 17yrs old should be busy with her school runs and having a good time with his friends and starting to have a healthy relationships .... what is this world turning into?

My only question ; is the CT scan result out?

Parents think about death once in a while especially when you get updated about your life insurance and will which is very very childish to discuss with kids .

but saying it every-time is kinda disturbing , maybe she just had a diagnosis and she's trying to put the blame on the man when she eventually dies

OR

She's just not mentally stable undecided
Re: Help My Mom Always Talks About Death by Nobody: 4:56pm On Nov 14, 2012
Kuylie, good mothers are precious, mothers who scare and scar their children are not.
What is the rational in fighting her husband in the presence of her kids and making them panic.
See what the so called mother is doing to a man who saw her through school and her poor 17 year old who is left having nightmares. Precious mothers don't do that
Precious mothers hold the family together even when a father is absent.
Re: Help My Mom Always Talks About Death by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 14, 2012
Your mother is a frustrated drama queen. Her reasons for being frustrated may be valid, it's difficult being the sole breadwinner I'm sure, and your dad may truly be cheating. She may have very right to be frustrated and angry. However her actions sound like those of a pure drama queen. I truly doubt she is dying, she is just taking her drama to another level. As much as you kids appreciate how she has labored for you, it might be time for a heart to heart. You kids should let her know you are not interested in the out of control drama she is drumming up. Let her take up her issues with her husband and leave you guys out of it instead of trying to use emotional blackmail to keep you on her side.
Re: Help My Mom Always Talks About Death by Nobody: 5:23pm On Nov 14, 2012
Even if she dies, what is the gain in making the kids hate their father? She initiated the fight by dragging the man out with bogus accusations, how are these kids going to relate with their dad if for example something else is wrong with her and was discovered from the CT scan?
Are they not going to forever hate their dad?
Let's not give wome blanket cheques to misbehave because they are mothers. If they are wrong they are wrong, I won't keep quiet because she is a mother who is aimed at damaging her kids.
I am a mother and a wife, what ever happens between me and my husband will never get to my kids, we can eye each other but never ever make the kids judges in adults matter
Re: Help My Mom Always Talks About Death by Nobody: 5:28pm On Nov 14, 2012

(1) (Reply)

Can I Send Him Away Without Letting My Son Knowing The Secret? / Hilarious Photos Of What Could Happen When You Let Dad Care For Babies / 2012 Toyota Venza Pearl White !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.