Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,621 members, 7,888,982 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 07:44 PM

Why Nigerians Are Refused US Visas - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Nigerians Are Refused US Visas (20893 Views)

Why Applicants Are Denied US Visas – Consul-general / More Reasons Why Visa Applications Are Refused / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigerians Are Refused US Visas by SELFWORTH: 3:32pm On Nov 14, 2012
Hadeyeancah: There are some countries which are better than U.S like Australia,New Zealand even Brazil,China are now coming up ....

Don't know about better than the US but at the moment , Nigeria is not better than any of them so we continue to beg for access until we sort this shambles called Nigeria out!
Re: Why Nigerians Are Refused US Visas by SELFWORTH: 3:34pm On Nov 14, 2012
SniperInADiaper:

How many non-traveled Nigerians HAVE experienced racism personally?

My point exactly. You hardly experience racism in your own country if hardly ever.
Re: Why Nigerians Are Refused US Visas by Mckybarf(m): 3:35pm On Nov 14, 2012
Hadeyeancah: There are some countries which are better than U.S like Australia,New Zealand even Brazil,China are now coming up ....
better? How do you define your 'better'? Come to think of it, if your people found those places you mentioned better, why do they go begging at the doorstep of the american consulate? Please! America may have carved a bad name for herself but lets face it- every nation on the face of this earth today aspires to be one thing- USA- PERIOD! our musicians want to sing and perform like them, the movies industry aspires to hollywood, our youth wanna talk like them, dress like them, act like them, etc. Our whole life is like a prototype of the american society. How many people go to bed at night dreaming of oceania, china, nz, etc?

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Are Refused US Visas by Mckybarf(m): 3:36pm On Nov 14, 2012
Re: Why Nigerians Are Refused US Visas by Mckybarf(m): 3:37pm On Nov 14, 2012
better? How do you define your 'better'? Come to think of it, if your people found those places you mentioned better, why do they go begging at the doorstep of the american consulate? Please! America may have carved a bad name for herself but lets face it- every nation on the face of this earth today aspires to be one thing- USA- PERIOD! our musicians want to sing and perform like them, the movies industry aspires to hollywood, our youth wanna talk like them, dress like them, act like them, etc. Our whole life is like a prototype of the american society. How many people go to bed at night dreaming of oceania, china, nz, etc?

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Are Refused US Visas by SELFWORTH: 3:39pm On Nov 14, 2012
Red-Light:

may be, but the rest are full of bloody racist... besides its hard to make a living a brazil unlike us

....I take it you haven't seen all the posting on NL asking for jobs after fruitless years of searching. Only someone who has experienced both sides of the pond can say its easier to make a living in Nigeria unless you count hawking, okada riding, and armed robbery etc as legitimate ways of making a living.
Re: Why Nigerians Are Refused US Visas by Nobody: 3:42pm On Nov 14, 2012
lucenzo: angry your papa left nyansh is a scourge that breeds disease every where it goes.

The truth is bitter bruv tongue

You need to see look of panic on some people's face over here the moment you tell them you are Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Are Refused US Visas by SELFWORTH: 3:44pm On Nov 14, 2012
Red-Light:

u said it all .. No more comment jare..
Its not their fault anyway, if nigerians had put their house in order, Who will wana get embarassed by these stupiid people to get visa to their country.. May be there is more to it that these stupiid consul aint tellin us

Nigerian embassies embarrass its own citizens so why should any other country treat us any better. Charity begins at home.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Are Refused US Visas by SELFWORTH: 3:50pm On Nov 14, 2012
pDude:

The truth is bitter bruv tongue

You need to see look of panic on some people's face over here the moment you tell them you are Nigerian.

Don't mind him.

This is the kind of thing we are talking about. If you don't agree with someones opinion why the gutter abuse? All these gutter people with their gutter language and behaviour. Who would want them in their country ? Come to think of it , Nigeria should even deny some of its own people citizenship when you consider their attitude and behaviour. All you have to do is look at what they have turned Nigeria into before you turn them down flat .

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Are Refused US Visas by Nobody: 3:50pm On Nov 14, 2012
lovemoneyn:

u must be a lebanese
grin grin cheesy
Why?
Re: Why Nigerians Are Refused US Visas by Ndoz(m): 3:51pm On Nov 14, 2012
Re: Why Nigerians Are Refused US Visas by solomon111(m): 3:52pm On Nov 14, 2012
Lol.
Re: Why Nigerians Are Refused US Visas by RedLight1: 3:56pm On Nov 14, 2012
SELFWORTH:

....I take it you haven't seen all the posting on NL asking for jobs after fruitless years of searching. Only someone who has experienced both sides of the pond can say its easier to make a living in Nigeria unless you count hawking, okada riding, and armed robbery etc as legitimate ways of making a living.
did u read my post?
Re: Why Nigerians Are Refused US Visas by RedLight1: 3:58pm On Nov 14, 2012
SELFWORTH:

Nigerian embassies embarrass its own citizens so why should any other country treat us any better. Charity begins at home.
yep i agree with this.... thats why i said if nigerian had put their house in other, we wont have any reason to travel out, or this mofos treatin us like piece of shiit
Re: Why Nigerians Are Refused US Visas by nagoma(m): 4:05pm On Nov 14, 2012
pDude: Too much English tongue
Simple. You Nigerians are like a scourge that breeds disease anywhere they go. America is tired of you guys. Stay in your country. They don't want you turning theirs into a shithole.
Simple.

Very right indeed. One person goes , brothers, sisters , mothers and even fathers and cousins follow. In a few years half of the extended family has moved to America and 18 people are living in a 2 bedroom shack. ( creating the shithole mentioned this Dude).
Re: Why Nigerians Are Refused US Visas by solomon111(m): 4:07pm On Nov 14, 2012
Red-Light:

yep i agree with this.... thats why i said if nigerian had put their house in other, we wont have any reason to travel out, or this mofos treatin us like piece of shiit
That is a bloody lie.
No matter how developed a country is,it will always experience immigration and emmigration.
It is not everybody that applies for US visa,wants to live and work permanently in the US.
Besides,where are all of you running to like rats?
Who will develop the country if everybody decides to run?
Why can't you learn from the chinese and the indians?
Smh.
Re: Why Nigerians Are Refused US Visas by solomon111(m): 4:08pm On Nov 14, 2012
nagoma:

Very right indeed. One person goes , brothers, sisters , mothers and even fathers and cousins follow. In a few years half of the extended family has moved to America and 18 people are living in a 2 bedroom shack. ( creating the shithole mentioned this Dude).
lol.
very true.
Re: Why Nigerians Are Refused US Visas by RealMccoy2(m): 4:09pm On Nov 14, 2012
Citizens of other African countries receive special treatment when they apply for visa to come to the US because they hold what Nigerians are lacking, patriotism, truthfulness and respect for law. Those Nigerians complaining have not left that shithole so I would advise any exposed mind not to go back and forth with them. US embassy are nice enough to be direct with their answers, visit Nigeria's embassy in New York and else where around the world first before complaining about how your citizens are reduced to nothing. Don't you think if your politicians invest their stolen wealth in your country other African countries like Ghana and South Africa won't be brave enough to mock your entire population? Charity begins at home, fix your country and you will gain respect from other countries . Benin republic will soon start the deportation of Nigerians if care is not taken.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Are Refused US Visas by amaboss(m): 4:10pm On Nov 14, 2012
[quote author=pDude]Too much English tongue

Simple. You Nigerians are like a scourge that breeds disease anywhere they go. America is tired of you guys. Stay in your country. They don't want you turning theirs into a shithole.

Simple.

It's a pity yu weren't near the front of the queue when brains were dished out.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Are Refused US Visas by RealMccoy2(m): 4:15pm On Nov 14, 2012
SELFWORTH:

They will ignore this important question you just raised. Nigeria's embassies world wide should be closed , visa issuance should only be determined at the Port of entry.
Only inside Nigeria people think Nigerians are loved.....lol
Re: Why Nigerians Are Refused US Visas by pauloman(m): 4:16pm On Nov 14, 2012
Red-Light:

may be, but the rest are full of bloody racist... besides its hard to make a living a brazil unlike us

Canada is not racist and is a lot better than most countries @ Hardeyeancah mentioned
Re: Why Nigerians Are Refused US Visas by Nobody: 4:31pm On Nov 14, 2012
Red-Light:

those countries are full of racist

....and ur alpha-and-omega United States is apparently free from racism?

Check very well, Obama's re-election has demonstrated that racism is still fully entrenched in the US
Re: Why Nigerians Are Refused US Visas by solomon111(m): 4:33pm On Nov 14, 2012
DJTee:

....and ur alpha-and-omega United States is apparently free from racism?

Check very well, Obama's re-election has demonstrated that racism is still fully entrenched in the US
TRUE!
Re: Why Nigerians Are Refused US Visas by babaowo: 4:43pm On Nov 14, 2012
candieangel12: I love my country, America, born and bred but I have to say stuff like this makes me wonder about where we, Americans, are heading to. I understand that they are still in recovery from 9/11 and other attacks and thus want to beef up the immigration laws BUT they have seem to have forgotten that America is land of the immigrants. We are so quick to forget our history, everyone in America is an immigrant. We need to get our noses out of the sky.
blunt truth......
Re: Why Nigerians Are Refused US Visas by Freezle(m): 4:48pm On Nov 14, 2012
i would prefer you just saying NIgerians should limit travelling to the state, not coming with excuses like we are not educated.
Re: Why Nigerians Are Refused US Visas by justwise(m): 4:48pm On Nov 14, 2012

(1) (2)

Petrol Tanker On Fire At Gowon Estate, Ipaja Road Lagos (Photos) / Travelling To Benin Republic / Nigerians In Afghanistan, Lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.