Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,060 members, 7,933,556 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 09:12 AM

Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ (9888 Views)

Buhari Bars Incoming Ministers From Using Long Convoys, Appointing Excess Aides / Buhari Warns Airport Officials Against Stopping Ex-ministers From Travelling / Buhari: Why My Meetings With Jonathan Last Less Than 15 Minutes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ by shadrach77: 4:35pm On Nov 14, 2012
but must they be warned not to do that? why will they be so silly to recieve phone calls while in a meeting with the PRESIDENT? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ by forkadict(m): 4:35pm On Nov 14, 2012
OH Dear Lord, Please deliver this nation from the hands of the clowns disguised as our leaders that have held the nation captive.

For christ's sake isn't this supposed to be a basic meeting ethiquette? How can you r forking fone be switched on while attending a high profile meeting as the federal executive council's?

Jonathan and his bunch of confused clowns. SMH!

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ by Nobody: 4:36pm On Nov 14, 2012
Wow, so people answer calls while in fec meeting. Na wa o. The whole thing is a joke.
Re: Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ by lightheart(m): 4:40pm On Nov 14, 2012
And we'll still wonder y 9ja seems not to be moving forward
Re: Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ by stanleyd(m): 4:42pm On Nov 14, 2012
Making calls and recieveing sms in a meeting where national issues are discussed is the height of unseriousness by these guys.Tommorow these guys will be pinging

1 Like

Re: Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ by ITbomb(m): 4:42pm On Nov 14, 2012
Highly disrespectful no matter what they want to clarify
Re: Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ by takedat(m): 4:43pm On Nov 14, 2012
It shows how unserious these people are and how inconsequential the office of the President is to his own team. The protocol officers in the presidency are bunch of useless clowns, why are they just waking up to their responsibility

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ by miqos02(m): 4:44pm On Nov 14, 2012
if ministers dont respect the president why should the citizens respect him

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ by Nobody: 4:56pm On Nov 14, 2012
The nigerian populace are complaining of high rate of unemployment, economic hardship and corruption, he is talking of switching off fonez during meeting, does that makes any difference?...will that solve the myriads of problems nigeria is facing now, and this post is even making the front page?..I think the front page should be made of post that are more beneficial and enlightening to the readers
Re: Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ by OkwaIfugo(m): 4:58pm On Nov 14, 2012
good.
Re: Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ by AMvanquish: 4:59pm On Nov 14, 2012
Common meeting in my office, it is a taboo to for the phone to ring, not talk about answering call sef.talkless of FEC meeting. Meeting that is suppoze to be of National issues. Smh seriously
Re: Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ by AMvanquish: 4:59pm On Nov 14, 2012
Common meeting in my office, it is a taboo to for the phone to ring, not talk about answering call sef,talkless of FEC meeting. Meeting that is suppoze to be of National issues. Smh seriously
Re: Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ by duality(m): 5:06pm On Nov 14, 2012
Okija_juju: ...[Dont know what to post.. Too busy enjoying the Kwara State Carnival .. >>>

how do you get these clips
Re: Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ by gfunkera(m): 5:13pm On Nov 14, 2012
the minister's probably know that the meeting is a farce and just a waste of time, whats d use of being attentive when you know that it's all a fiasco.
Re: Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ by blackmale1: 5:16pm On Nov 14, 2012
naija na comedy oh! so u mean some one can make calls in an executive council meeting. smh
Re: Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ by Clemzy16(m): 5:18pm On Nov 14, 2012
Nice policy! These politicians can be so un-serious and undisciplined. I doubt if ministers can even bring in their cell phones to meetings with president obama. I'd love if they also ban "Yawning" during meetings too.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ by Archmed(m): 5:25pm On Nov 14, 2012
mtchew..students' phone dare not ring in my HOD's class during lectures,less making or receiving phone calls....
Re: Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ by naja2: 5:34pm On Nov 14, 2012
i do not blame the ministers but the president. If he carries any toga of seriousness people around him will read the mood and know that he is a serious man that means business. But from his outlook he is a complete clown, has little or no grasp of important national issue, celebrating wifes birthday in australia, when obj scolded govs then for goin for terry wayas party in london in 2001, then u ve a president celebrating a lavish birthday party for wifey in australia, when bombs were pratically goin off every 12hrs at home. Like i have always said GEJ has no other agenda than to be president!

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ by kokoA(m): 5:36pm On Nov 14, 2012
Four things they do with their phones in FEC meetings

1. Browse nairaland romance section
2. Check their facebook and twitter accounts
3. Visit dating sites to arrange for ashawos
4. Watch Indecency pictures

Manner-less old people. cry cry Dem no dey even fear oga jona at all. Some dey even mess for FEC meetings sef undecided

1 Like

Re: Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ by dad007(m): 5:42pm On Nov 14, 2012
danjohn: I am not even a fan of GEJ and I think that this is very disrespectful. Cant these people put their phones on silent? GEJ is really timid. This is the type of thing that you nip in the bud. The first time a phone rings, you simply say "Minister Lagbaja, we are having a meeting, your call can wait. And that goes to all of you." After you do that once, everybody knows that taking calls during meetings is unacceptable. Shikena!!! This story makes the President look very weak.
Yes!the presido is timid,I quit agree with you.But then,this is the only country where mr no nothing can become a president.Just because some greedy thieves in our land say so.What do you expect,afterall the whole executives(including the president) work for the same bosses....na only the tittle make dem differend from each other.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ by talktimi(m): 5:43pm On Nov 14, 2012
amaham: Guess de presido don't want a cell-phone detonated IED to burst open his clueless skull
you're a fool. Its quite obvious you hav never been in a position of authority before and going by your dim witedness, you will never attain any position of Àuthority. Can you insult Mr President in his presence ? I doubt it
Re: Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 14, 2012
These ministers are bunch of indiscipline fellows. Courtesy demands that you switch off your or put it in silent mode phone when you are in a meeting. These people are disrespectful to the President and themselves
Re: Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ by Reference(m): 5:45pm On Nov 14, 2012
undecided But they are allowed to download bootleg movies. I understand Mr. Bean is must watch during meetings.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ by hubreality(m): 6:14pm On Nov 14, 2012
danjohn: I am not even a fan of GEJ and I think that this is very disrespectful. Cant these people put their phones on silent? GEJ is really timid. This is the type of thing that you nip in the bud. The first time a phone rings, you simply say "Minister Lagbaja, we are having a meeting, your call can wait. And that goes to all of you." After you do that once, everybody knows that taking calls during meetings is unacceptable. Shikena!!! This story makes the President look very weak.
Good for sane minds. Nothing distracts much than that.
Re: Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ by Peterwins(m): 6:18pm On Nov 14, 2012
Really!!! I thought they weren't even allowed to enter such meetings with their phones and other electronic devices to counter any form of local or international espionage. I am really surprised.
This is a simple breach of security, common courtesy and protocol that shouldn't have been ignored in the first instance. That means it is easy to bug Aso Rock. I hope they have debugging devices at Aso Rock, if not they should get one ASAP.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ by 175(m): 6:20pm On Nov 14, 2012
Freezle: Thanks good, because structure has to be brought during meeting sections.

na which school grammar be dis?
Re: Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ by Denlightened(m): 6:24pm On Nov 14, 2012
ministers were banned from using phones during FEC meetings but Oronsaye and Bob Orti were not banned from interrupting the president during the presentation of the Ribadu report.Lol again,this is a funny president and we are seeing politics of pretence in action
Re: Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ by Ijebulogic(m): 6:29pm On Nov 14, 2012
Goes to show how pedestrian the people behind Mr Presidents communication management are. I was part of a contingent that attended a meeting with the Lagos State Governor in Alausa two years ago. He had a good percentage of his cabinet in attendance. ALL phones were switched off/handed in before the Governor was cleared to walk in. These are simple protocols that one must establish to have useful meetings in Nigeria. Why on earth is it news? Besides, there is a problem when you're meeting with the President of Nigeria and feel there is a more important call to make or sms to send.
Re: Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ by maclatunji: 6:30pm On Nov 14, 2012
Nigeria has suffered.
Re: Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ by doctokwus: 6:38pm On Nov 14, 2012
This is a serious issue dat everybody seems 2 b making light of.I can't evn get my head round dis news dat in a meeting wt nigeria's president,a mere minister has d guts to allow his/her fone to ring,talkless of answering d call.This indeed summarises d president we av.
Less I 4get,power has bn horrible in d past 2mths in lagos,fuel bn scarce;what a horrid presidency
Re: Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ by obixcel(m): 6:49pm On Nov 14, 2012
If thats the way they(Presidency) want it, so be it. Who knows, may be Bokoharam always make secret calls to some of this bokoharam ministers to spy and get confidential info whenever the meetings are ongoing, hahahahaha, just guessing, but God knows.
Re: Presidency Bans Ministers From Phone Calls During Meetings With GEJ by Nobody: 6:51pm On Nov 14, 2012
what happened to the Cell Phones Jammer? undecided

I guess no light to Power them! tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

No Evidence Linking Boko Haram To ISIS, Says Federal Government / Omah Lay's Grand Father (the Musical Legend Of His Time) / DHQ: Amnesty International Blackmailing Nigerian Military

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.