Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,392 members, 7,881,424 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:16 PM

Why Are Nigerian Men So Agressive? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Nigerian Men So Agressive? (2459 Views)

Why Are Men So Selfish During Sex? / Why Are Men So Obsessed With Women's Virginity? / Nigerian Men Are Rude And Agressive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigerian Men So Agressive? by cfours: 5:00am On Nov 15, 2012
Imagine this comment from a Nairaland poster:

was trying to find my way to some place in surlere, lagos today. tried to get directions from a lady cos she was the closest one to me, said excuse me, started walking over to her so i could ask her if she knew so and so street and got the cold sholder. guess she tot i wanted to toast her. whats with all this female attitude problem?

Most women will read it and laugh because 9 out of 10 times, men who do that ARE trying to toast the lady. They will ask for direction first and the next sentence will be "can I have your number." The reason we give an attitude is to keep such men away from us. If 9 out of 10 men are woman-wrapper then maybe it's not the woman's fault that she's "playing hard to get" or giving you the "cold shudder" she's just trying to avoid unwanted advances.
Even if she likes you and is still playing hard to get. that means she doesn't fully trust you or she thinks you are a woman-wrapper who has to prove himself to be genuine. She has learned this from experience.

When you get older and have daughters, you will understand.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Agressive? by lolaluv1(f): 6:21am On Nov 15, 2012
Hmmmn.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Agressive? by Rocktation(f): 6:28am On Nov 15, 2012
I just find it peculiar, that a lot of Naija men get lost almost everytime..
And it's even stranger that they almost never ask their fellow men for directions...ponder..wonder..ponder... undecided.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Agressive? by lolaluv1(f): 6:43am On Nov 15, 2012
^
gringrin
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Agressive? by cfours: 6:44am On Nov 15, 2012
Rocktation: I just find it peculiar, that a lot of Naija men get lost almost everytime..
And it's even stranger that they almost never ask their fellow men for directions...ponder..wonder..ponder... undecided.

hmm very astute observation. LOL
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Agressive? by Mynd44: 6:53am On Nov 15, 2012
This is the reason I rarely ask people for directions anymore. I will rather get an Okada or ask the closest Policeman or LASTMA official than ask a female. Hell I even ask tout for directions at a garage.

I hate being insulted and so I avoid. But I also wonder why the women act like that. At least you should listen to what the person has to say first before running off and leaving him hanging.

I just see it as being unfriendly
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Agressive? by Teejayphillip(m): 7:29am On Nov 15, 2012
Mynd_44: This is the reason I rarely ask people for directions anymore. I will rather get an Okada or ask the closest Policeman or LASTMA official than ask a female. Hell I even ask tout for directions at a garage.

I hate being insulted and so I avoid. But I also wonder why the women act like that. At least you should listen to what the person has to say first before running off and leaving him hanging.

Bro,U don talk am already... I'll rada ask all dis agbero's,lastman official or any uniform person @ dat same spot... D more U excuse dis ladies,d more dey take U wash.. Cnt even stand it @tall...

Moreso,y du ladies alwayz ave dis mentality dat each times stops dem,its all abt toastin... I tire 4 unah way alzo...
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Agressive? by Teejayphillip(m): 7:29am On Nov 15, 2012
Mynd_44: This is the reason I rarely ask people for directions anymore. I will rather get an Okada or ask the closest Policeman or LASTMA official than ask a female. Hell I even ask tout for directions at a garage.

Bro,U don talk am already... I'll rada ask all dis agbero's,lastman official or any uniform person @ dat same spot... D more U excuse dis ladies,d more dey take U wash.. Cnt even stand it @tall...

Moreso,y du ladies alwayz ave dis mentality dat each times a guy stops dem,its all abt toastin... I tire 4 unah way alzo...
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Agressive? by Mynd44: 7:37am On Nov 15, 2012
I just don't get why people are just rude. I do realise that there might be nice people out there, but I don't think I want to risk being insulted
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Agressive? by lecturerdabo(m): 8:08am On Nov 15, 2012
well I don't see anything wrong in a guy asking the ladies for direction
I also can't see a good reason for the cold shoulder.

Going by the statistics of 9/10 toast, Ladies should thank the guys for appreciating them. Imagine living a whole 6months as a lady with no man looking your direction much less asking for direction grin If you can't give the number simply say "thanks but I can't", "sorry but thanks" and move on!

WELL , THIS MORNING, I VE LEARN T NOT TO ASK LADIES FOR DIRECTIONS AGAIN cool
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Agressive? by Mynd44: 8:16am On Nov 15, 2012
lecturerdabo: well I don't see anything wrong in a guy asking the ladies for direction
I also can't see a good reason for the cold shoulder.

Going by the statistics of 9/10 toast, Ladies should thank the guys for appreciating them. Imagine living a whole 6months as a lady with no man looking your direction much less asking for direction grin If you can't give the number simply say "thanks but I can't", "sorry but thanks" and move on!

WELL , THIS MORNING, I VE LEARN T NOT TO ASK LADIES FOR DIRECTIONS AGAIN cool
Hey don't let us put you off. Some ladies might be nice but I personally don't ask ladies
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Agressive? by vivianc(f): 8:17am On Nov 15, 2012
I think its very immature and poor judgement on the lady's part if she thinks every man that approaches her has the motive of asking her out.

"Hi, excuse me, pls do you know so and so place or how I can get there?".............."Hi, I know, or I don't know." I don't see a big deal in that. Then if the handshake wants to extend to the elbow, take a walk!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Agressive? by patholaw: 8:56am On Nov 15, 2012
I wld rather get lost dan a lady washing me 4 asking direction...me if i even want 2 ask 99.9% its guyz i ask. Noting i hate like public embarassment datz y i can never stop a girl on d road 2 toast her...
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Agressive? by fairygeh(f): 9:16am On Nov 15, 2012
I see no reason why girls should be rude except its leading to another thing and even if it does.convo:Hi lady,please do u knw the direction to so so so place.lady:oh yeah take dis route,or sorry I don't.cool and I am so off and when it leads to please can I have ur phone No,oh sorry u cant or yes u can.no be fight na.sme ladies dnt have to be unnecessarily rude.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Agressive? by Mynd44: 9:19am On Nov 15, 2012
fairygeh: I see no reason why girls should be rude except its leading to another thing and even if it does.convo:Hi lady,please do u knw the direction to so so so place.lady:oh yeah take dis route,or sorry I don't.cool and I am so off and when it leads to please can I have ur phone No,oh sorry u cant or yes u can.no be fight na.sme ladies dnt have to be unnecessarily rude.
Yeah. Its not all about atitude na. You can simply give directions and walk away without being rude
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Agressive? by Nobody: 9:38am On Nov 15, 2012
What the heck is "toast?" sad
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Agressive? by Mynd44: 9:47am On Nov 15, 2012
shymexx: What the heck is "toast?" sad
"WOO" "ASK OUT"
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Agressive? by cowgurl: 10:03am On Nov 15, 2012
Lol.
Simple, stop asking ladies for directions and ask men instead.
is it too much hardwork?
undecided

Lest I forget poster, edit your topic cos ur post is sreaming,
'why are women so aggresive.
and to the dude this happened to, tell him to take heart.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Agressive? by goofie: 10:08am On Nov 15, 2012
its a really dicey issue. some guys use it as a means to woo d girl on d road. it cld also be those annoying 419 guys who ask 4 places dt dont exist,with a second

guy working with them. one comes up n says "do u kno bank estate?", u say "no" and he walks away,d oda one comes and says "lets help that guy...".

sometimes whn u answer greetings sef, it is a strategy. sorry guys,its jst tht d bad eggs hv spoilt d good ones.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Agressive? by malaria(f): 3:32pm On Nov 15, 2012
Rocktation: I just find it peculiar, that a lot of Naija men get lost almost everytime..
I dey tells you.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Agressive? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Nov 15, 2012
What's wrong with guys asking ladies for numbers? shocked

I have travelled quite a lot and I also know ladies (from other countries) who complain about their men being too reserved and too passive, do you want Nigerian men to develop this way?
If a man is trying too approach you and you're not interested, kindly refuse his offer, take it as a compliment and move on. It's not difficult. Most will easily understand.

When I have a bad hair day or even bad face day cry, I think of all these men who showed attention and feel a bit better tongue
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Agressive? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Nov 15, 2012
hahaha...its a stale,outdated tactics for talking to a girl

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Agressive? by Mynd44: 5:23pm On Nov 15, 2012
carefreewannabe: What's wrong with guys asking ladies for numbers? shocked

I have travelled quite a lot and I also know ladies (from other countries) who complain about their men being too reserved and too passive, do you want Nigerian men to develop this way?
If a man is trying too approach you and you're not interested, kindly refuse his offer, take it as a compliment and move on. It's not difficult. Most will easily understand.

When I have a bad hair day or even bad face day cry, I think of all these men who showed attention and feel a bit better tongue
True
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Agressive? by slimming: 5:28pm On Nov 15, 2012
It is some pples nature to attack for no reason.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Agressive? by MrsChima(f): 9:13pm On Nov 15, 2012
vivian chinaza: I think its very immature and poor judgement on the lady's part if she thinks every man that approaches her has the motive of asking her out.

"Hi, excuse me, pls do you know so and so place or how I can get there?".............."Hi, I know, or I don't know." I don't see a big deal in that. Then if the handshake wants to extend to the elbow, take a walk!

As mean as i am.....i am always helping out with directions...it is fun!!!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Agressive? by DExplorer1: 9:30pm On Nov 15, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

As mean as i am.....i am always helping out with directions...it is fun!!!
That's obvious! Kudos to your oga.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Agressive? by Mynd44: 9:45pm On Nov 15, 2012
D-Explorer:

You dey find wahala
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Agressive? by MrsChima(f): 9:54pm On Nov 15, 2012
D-Explorer:

Yeah it is obvious! I wear the crown!

He is not my oga.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Agressive? by DExplorer1: 10:00pm On Nov 15, 2012
Mynd_44:
You dey find wahala
Nah! She's warm smiley
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Agressive? by MrsChima(f): 10:01pm On Nov 15, 2012
D-Explorer:

Nah! She's warm smiley

In my fuzzy slippers!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Agressive? by DExplorer1: 10:02pm On Nov 15, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Yeah it is obvious! I wear the crown!

He is not my oga.
and who is he.......your handbag?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men So Agressive? by MrsChima(f): 10:04pm On Nov 15, 2012
D-Explorer:

and who is he.......your handbag?

A mumu.

(1) (2) (Reply)

He Proposed. And She Gave Him A Stinging Slap... / A Mathematical Prove That Women Equals To Problems / HELP! He Ditched Her, But Now She Has Something He Needs...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.