Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,468 members, 7,978,525 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 09:52 AM

QUALITY OF ROADS: Nigeria Ranks 120th Out Of 142 Countries - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / QUALITY OF ROADS: Nigeria Ranks 120th Out Of 142 Countries (15839 Views)

Nigeria Ranked 125 Out Of 142 Most Prosperous Countries In The World In 2015 / List Of Roads Lagos State Govt. Has Scheduled For Repairs / The Sorry State Of Roads In Ejigbo Community Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: QUALITY OF ROADS: Nigeria Ranks 120th Out Of 142 Countries by Iaz93: 3:26pm On Nov 15, 2012
Redmosquito: Minion: Ur Wickedness! What do you have to say about this?
Hades: There is nothing to be said, young one. Nigeria has bribed her way out of last position that's all undecided
Minion: Oh my god! shocked
LOL...ur foolishness... E fit be true oOh

1 Like

Re: QUALITY OF ROADS: Nigeria Ranks 120th Out Of 142 Countries by ITbomb(m): 3:27pm On Nov 15, 2012
That is the more reason we need more private jets.
We can't risk precious life of the elite and pastors on those roads
Re: QUALITY OF ROADS: Nigeria Ranks 120th Out Of 142 Countries by OkwaIfugo(m): 3:28pm On Nov 15, 2012
where is usa?
Re: QUALITY OF ROADS: Nigeria Ranks 120th Out Of 142 Countries by abiki(f): 3:33pm On Nov 15, 2012
The roads that rank below naija's must lead to hell then

1 Like

Re: QUALITY OF ROADS: Nigeria Ranks 120th Out Of 142 Countries by bestower: 3:35pm On Nov 15, 2012
Nigeria is road still far better than some unexpected countries in the ranking at least give her some kudos,ve u people forgotten our saying that "nigeria no dey carry last"standing ovation to africa dwarf ooh sorry africa giant.
Re: QUALITY OF ROADS: Nigeria Ranks 120th Out Of 142 Countries by bubadaniel13: 3:37pm On Nov 15, 2012
Must we always say negative things abt our dear country,haba can't we be positive for ones...
Re: QUALITY OF ROADS: Nigeria Ranks 120th Out Of 142 Countries by Eneze1(f): 3:39pm On Nov 15, 2012
Nigeria we hail thee, 120th that's not too good
Re: QUALITY OF ROADS: Nigeria Ranks 120th Out Of 142 Countries by AdeniyiA(m): 3:40pm On Nov 15, 2012
chuu! that means those 22 countries need not dig well nah, they just go to d roads, release their fetcher n collect water after rainfall!
btw,vehicles dey for those countries?
Re: QUALITY OF ROADS: Nigeria Ranks 120th Out Of 142 Countries by Iykopee(m): 3:42pm On Nov 15, 2012
They shud check very well nigeria shud be @ 143 grin
Re: QUALITY OF ROADS: Nigeria Ranks 120th Out Of 142 Countries by deletrue: 3:50pm On Nov 15, 2012
this reporter is regreting for making the mistaking of placing nigeria in the 120th position after going through the positive remarks or comments. That is why i like punch new paper. As usual, punch would have placed nigeria on the last position. Since Naija no take last, it means we on the right track.
Re: QUALITY OF ROADS: Nigeria Ranks 120th Out Of 142 Countries by Nobody: 4:01pm On Nov 15, 2012
Come to ph, and you will see bad roads. I can comfortably say that there is no road in ph without a pot hole. Then go to Oyibo and you ll see a dictionary description of bad roads Eleme aba road is a death trap on it's own, east /west road nko. It's not today we started hearing these stories. Yet we buy new cars every day, where can you drive them. Who can comfortably drive as 150km/h without saying his last prayer? The government is not trying on roads at all. And all these indigenous constructn companies re not helping matters....corruption every where. God help us.
Re: QUALITY OF ROADS: Nigeria Ranks 120th Out Of 142 Countries by Burch(m): 4:02pm On Nov 15, 2012
Why cant they just let us be and also allow us enjoy what we have earned. Now dem don comot us for our position (142). Na waoo which road fit bad pass naija road?
Re: QUALITY OF ROADS: Nigeria Ranks 120th Out Of 142 Countries by Florena(f): 4:13pm On Nov 15, 2012
Our roads don spoil so tey d olowo's 4 my area don go buy space bus finish and wat wil happen wen d buses became reckless.... Guess they wil go 4 MACK tippers
Re: QUALITY OF ROADS: Nigeria Ranks 120th Out Of 142 Countries by COOLDUN: 4:20pm On Nov 15, 2012
SlyIg: You actually mean that there are some countries in this world whose roads are worst than Nigeria roads? SMH ...

Imagine that lie, i have been to many countries that fell below Nigeria. eg Russia federation. i never saw any bad road in many cities i visited in Russia. I wonder how the roads were viewed. Uganda roads are like the Nigeria roads for sure. But the position of Nigeria should have been less than where it was placed. The worst roads in the world are in Africa. Nigeria have a leading position in the bad roads in the world.
Re: QUALITY OF ROADS: Nigeria Ranks 120th Out Of 142 Countries by Nobody: 4:25pm On Nov 15, 2012
How do you expect Nigeria to have a good,and Lasting ones,when most of the roads are constructed by roadside bricklayers,instead of Construction Firms. Nigeria roads are nothing but deathtrap.we have lost so many souls to these deathtraps.
Re: QUALITY OF ROADS: Nigeria Ranks 120th Out Of 142 Countries by PapaBrowne(m): 4:34pm On Nov 15, 2012
daywatcher: So we our roads beta pass Ukraine and Poland? How Brazil come be 118th? Even Norway..80 something?

The article is misleading. A poll was conducted to determine peoples perceptions of their road infrastructure.
This is a perception index and does not in anyway reflect the comparative state of roads in the various countries.

The heading should read, NIGERIANS 12OTH WORST PERCEPTION OF THIER ROAD INFRASTRUCTURE.
Re: QUALITY OF ROADS: Nigeria Ranks 120th Out Of 142 Countries by koolg: 4:52pm On Nov 15, 2012
this is a lie! im sure nigeria was jugded usin abuja roads, nigeria should be number 141
Re: QUALITY OF ROADS: Nigeria Ranks 120th Out Of 142 Countries by Olamyyde(m): 4:53pm On Nov 15, 2012
Hades: There is nothing to be said, young one. Nigeria has bribed her way out of last position that's all undecided
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#990000][/color]
boring
Re: QUALITY OF ROADS: Nigeria Ranks 120th Out Of 142 Countries by Olamyyde(m): 4:54pm On Nov 15, 2012
BORING
Re: QUALITY OF ROADS: Nigeria Ranks 120th Out Of 142 Countries by newmusic: 4:57pm On Nov 15, 2012
You guys should not think they are those untarred roads in your villages or area they are talking about oh, they must be talking about those Abuja roads and not anywhere else...
Re: QUALITY OF ROADS: Nigeria Ranks 120th Out Of 142 Countries by Etemma1(m): 5:12pm On Nov 15, 2012
I'm not surprised
Re: QUALITY OF ROADS: Nigeria Ranks 120th Out Of 142 Countries by Eminentsam(m): 5:17pm On Nov 15, 2012
Kslib: Chai!!! Internet don tire me.. The kind of news about naija wey i dey see,don dey affect my mental state.. I don dey get grey hair for armpit and nose.. I dont bleeping care if the article is genuine or not. Afterall is it not true that our roads are death traps..Abeg,i go take 2weeks off any news that involves naija,so that i go automatically assume say all is well....
Haba,120th out of 140th?? After my papa go dey beat me say i carry 55 out of 100.. Nigeria is finished!!!! Common road,common goad roads,we no fit boast of..
Revolution is the only answer... I mean very very very strong/violent Revolution. No hypocrite should say "Peaceful protest" because those same hypocrite suppots israel for defending themselves with missiles/bombs.. So we should also defend ourselves from future doom with violent protest.. I swear,i am ready to partake in the Revolution.. How about you?? Ok,you wan marry,born pikin,have good job abi?? But you siddon dey hope say make miracle happen so dat tins go better abi?? Keep dreaming....
No jokes,you guys should start spreading da message through BBM,2GO,WHATSAPP,SMS and all other means... Na to only ping and chat nonsense and bullshit una sabi.. Common courage to fight for your future generation and unborn child,una no fit do?? How i wish i can get just 20,000guys with my mindset and courage,i swear this country will change for the better.. This country needs detoxification and cleansing.. The toxins in the system is too much...
The day an organisation will come-up targeting the govt,is the day i will join them..
Honestly i neva new thr's any1 who feels d way i do n wit my kind of heart.u r even tokin of 20'000 likeminds bt i tell u jst 2000
will be ok to flush out dis govt.bt nevatheless thr r still ppl dat feel d same way like us jst relax one day it will break out.
Re: QUALITY OF ROADS: Nigeria Ranks 120th Out Of 142 Countries by omiobo: 5:45pm On Nov 15, 2012
grin 120 out of 140. Na achievement. After all we no carry last.
Re: QUALITY OF ROADS: Nigeria Ranks 120th Out Of 142 Countries by October1st: 5:51pm On Nov 15, 2012
DECEMBER 17th to 22nd IS ‘bad NIGERIAN road week’

December 17th to 22nd has been declared ‘bad Nigerian road week’.

We implore you to observe this day by posting online pictures of bad roads you have contended with this year in your neighbourhood and on your journeys. Kindly post a picture on facebook and twitter on this week.

Nigeria is not in a state of war, and yet we have roads that are so bad that you would be forgiven for thinking that we are just emerging from a civil war. How can we explain craters on our highways-craters that are so wide that vehicles have to pass through a bush path in order to continue their journey? How can we explain pot holes that straddle our local streets and states when our local authorities collect taxes as well as government allocations?

Is it possible to embarrass our leaders to action over the poor state of roads in the country? The answer to that question is a resounding ‘No!’ They know the state of the roads in the nation and they do not care. We the youth of Nigeria can however make our leaders uncomfortable using the power of social media.

The traditional media has been compromised by publishers who wine and dine with the people in power. Social media however is your voice, and you can use this medium to voice your displeasure. The power of social media is one that the president himself is aware of, hence his decision to announce his presidential candidacy via Facebook. Social media has brought down African dictators in recent years- dictators that were more prudent with their nation’s resources than our kleptomaniac rulers.

We are slowly arriving at a dangerous point where sane people begin to accept the abnormal with a shrug. Governors and the President buy private jets to fly across the country while the roads they are entrusted to maintain are death traps for the rest of us. Politicians are flown abroad for treatment while the majority of the population dies of treatable diseases every year. Public education is destroyed from primary to university levels and government officials send their children abroad to be educated. It is not normal, and we (the sane Nigerians) should stop accepting these things as normal lest we lose our sanity.

The work is plenty, but we shall start by bringing international attention to the state of roads in our country. Let us all mark this week, as a day to register our displeasure. Post a picture of a bad road, state the date it was taken, and location of the road that you feature.

Please send sms and BB messages to inform friends of this campaign. Also, rebroadcast this message to your e-mail contacts, and also post on Facebook and other social media sites. Let us unify and pressure our government to work.

We urge civil society groups to set up awareness programmes to coincide with the week, in order to publicize this campaign. Blog owners and young artistes are encouraged to use their popularity to promote this week of dissent and public awareness.

We talk too much without action in Nigeria, and you can be the one to change this attitude. Or are you not tired yet?

Remember that without activity from you, this message will not be successful. You can be part of a movement that seeks to ensure your comfort on Nigerian roads.

Invest as little as ten minutes of your time to this online activism. Send this message to as many people as possible.
Re: QUALITY OF ROADS: Nigeria Ranks 120th Out Of 142 Countries by Nobody: 5:52pm On Nov 15, 2012
Kslib: Chai!!! Internet don tire me.. The kind of news about naija wey i dey see,don dey affect my mental state.. I don dey get grey hair for armpit and nose.. I dont bleeping care if the article is genuine or not. Afterall is it not true that our roads are death traps..Abeg,i go take 2weeks off any news that involves naija,so that i go automatically assume say all is well....
Haba,120th out of 140th?? After my papa go dey beat me say i carry 55 out of 100.. Nigeria is finished!!!! Common road,common goad roads,we no fit boast of..
Revolution is the only answer... I mean very very very strong/violent Revolution. No hypocrite should say "Peaceful protest" because those same hypocrite suppots israel for defending themselves with missiles/bombs.. So we should also defend ourselves from future doom with violent protest.. I swear,i am ready to partake in the Revolution.. How about you?? Ok,you wan marry,born pikin,have good job abi?? But you siddon dey hope say make miracle happen so dat tins go better abi?? Keep dreaming....
No jokes,you guys should start spreading da message through BBM,2GO,WHATSAPP,SMS and all other means... Na to only ping and chat nonsense and bullshit una sabi.. Common courage to fight for your future generation and unborn child,una no fit do?? How i wish i can get just 20,000guys with my mindset and courage,i swear this country will change for the better.. This country needs detoxification and cleansing.. The toxins in the system is too much...
The day an organisation will come-up targeting the govt,is the day i will join them..

Dude...If you are serious about this, contact me via email.

1 Like

Re: QUALITY OF ROADS: Nigeria Ranks 120th Out Of 142 Countries by Horus(m): 5:53pm On Nov 15, 2012
Ghana is ranked 59

Zimbabwe is ranked 94

Ranked at 31 Namibia have the best roads in Africa
Re: QUALITY OF ROADS: Nigeria Ranks 120th Out Of 142 Countries by Kslib(m): 6:01pm On Nov 15, 2012
Eminentsam: Honestly i neva new thr's any1 who feels d way i do n wit my kind of heart.u r even tokin of 20'000 likeminds bt i tell u jst 2000
will be ok to flush out dis govt.bt nevatheless thr r still ppl dat feel d same way like us jst relax one day it will break out.
i just hope so bro.. I'm sick and tired of this bleeping shyte we call leadership.. A whole solid Nigeria is crumbling before our eyes,and we sit down and do nothing but rather complain complain complain.. If small afghan kids can volunteer to bomb themselves alive just to fulfil their mission,why shouldn't i be ready to fight for my right/future generation/un-born child?? Weda we like it or not,There shall be Revolution soonest..MARK MY WORDS!!!
Re: QUALITY OF ROADS: Nigeria Ranks 120th Out Of 142 Countries by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 15, 2012

that's wassup bro. I wish more would think like you! Is there any revolutionary group on nrld? if not why not create one, we should start somewhere, stop talkin and start actin.
Re: QUALITY OF ROADS: Nigeria Ranks 120th Out Of 142 Countries by Nobody: 7:14pm On Nov 15, 2012
oyb: Great roads for rossikes luxury car boom
grin grin grin
1800bc: I wonder you guys get all the fictitious reports from... By the way, going by ur presumption...we dey try jor.
You need to take a trip to an original country not fake ones and see what they call roads.
Re: QUALITY OF ROADS: Nigeria Ranks 120th Out Of 142 Countries by goldfish80(m): 7:15pm On Nov 15, 2012
Was Enugu-Abakaliki, Enugu-Porthharcot,Enugu Onitsha,Bende -Arochukwu, Abakaliki -Ikom roads(i can go θη)taken įŋ†̥ǿ consideration in ths report? I think ∩ᴼt . IMO if they were, Nigeria won't even be listed ιϞ ths report.sad
Truth β℮ told, there are no roads!!!!
Re: QUALITY OF ROADS: Nigeria Ranks 120th Out Of 142 Countries by tomakint: 7:16pm On Nov 15, 2012
In addition, Nigeria is occupying the 64th position in the world on the kilometres of paved (tarred) roadways with a total of 28,980km compared to the United States first position with over 4.37 million km of paved roadways. I think we have the wherewithal to achieve more in this aspect because of raw materials if only we can pool our resources together!
Re: QUALITY OF ROADS: Nigeria Ranks 120th Out Of 142 Countries by Nobody: 7:56pm On Nov 15, 2012
GenBuhari: How can Russian Federation be ranked below Nigeria?

Do you get the feeling that the rankings may be based on information supplied by the individual country with out independantly verifying it?[img][/img]

Russian Roads

Can you see the stupidity of Nigerians? So these pics are your proof that Russian roads are better than Nigerian roads?

Well, two can play that game!!

NIGERIAN ROADS

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Waziri Bulama Declares Giadom NEC Meeting Illegal / 2023: I’ll Cease To Be Nigerian If Tinubu Becomes President – Bode Georg / Abia At 31: We've Delivered 150 Roads In 7 Years — Ikpeazu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.