Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,607 members, 7,921,295 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 10:01 PM

Westerhof Is The Man - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Westerhof Is The Man (1136 Views)

Players Bribed Their Way Into Super Eagles - Clemens Westerhof / Players Used 'voodoo' Under Westerhof- Emeka Ezeugo / Clemens Westerhof Says Siasia, Amokachi, Oliseh Are Baby Coaches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Westerhof Is The Man by kliverpool(m): 10:34am On Feb 05, 2008
If we can not use Sisia & eguavoen.
if we must have a foreign coach let us just go for westerhof.

He has done it b4 and he can still do it again
he has a football academy in Ilorin he is almost a Nigerian
so let us stop wasting time.
Re: Westerhof Is The Man by DisGuy: 12:26pm On Feb 05, 2008
when it comes to recycling we should be number 1!!

we recycle leaders, players,girlfriends and now coaches grin
Re: Westerhof Is The Man by kliverpool(m): 9:42pm On Feb 05, 2008
girlfriend?talk about your self.
Capello coached madrid 2ice
Carlos Alberto coached Brazil 2ice
and so many others
this man is here with us we are still enjoying some of his work till 2day
why can't we use him again?
we went for Berti u know the result.
Re: Westerhof Is The Man by dayokanu(m): 10:11pm On Feb 05, 2008
What has been Westerhof's achievement since leaving Nigeria 14 years ago.

He complained Berti Vogts went abroad for camping I can remember him taking us to Papendal Holland to train. He is just looking for a job.
Re: Westerhof Is The Man by folem: 1:18am On Feb 06, 2008
dayokanu:

What has been Westerhof's achievement since leaving Nigeria 14 years ago.

He complained Berti Vogts went abroad for camping I can remember him taking us to Papendal Holland to train. He is just looking for a job.

The Man is just looking for a Job. Don't we all?  grin grin grin

But seriously, He failed with Zimbabwe National team and many Clubsides in South Africa and generally has only Nigeria has the high point in his career.

The man is a relic and we need to move on to better things.
Re: Westerhof Is The Man by kliverpool(m): 7:19am On Feb 06, 2008
i want u guys to come up with names
Jose,Wenger,sir Alex,Van gal,hidink,benitez,
can we get all these high profile and very good coach's?
will our local coach command respect?
we need a quick fix world cup is in Africa 2yrs away
i think someone like him will do something.
Re: Westerhof Is The Man by topeorekoy(m): 9:21am On Feb 06, 2008
caoching techniques has changed now. will westerhoff deliver the goods? because he did it some years ago doesnt mean he'll do it again. what r his achievements since leaving nigeria? none.

after capello left madrid, he won the seria A with roma and was a success there.
Re: Westerhof Is The Man by Piddo(m): 10:39am On Feb 06, 2008
I was about to start a similar thread, Good thing someone already did.

Westerhof in my own view is the man best positioned to take us forward at this stage. One thing we fail to realise is the extreme politics played at the NFA. Apart from his technical ineptitude, Berti Vogts still did not understand NFA politics. Westerhof has been there before and he thrived despite NFA politics. Our best outing to date has been under his regime, winning the nations cup and doing ever so well in the world cup.

Many may argue that he hasnt peformed well in other countries since Nigeria but the truth is, those countries cannot boast of the depth of talent Nigeria has. The man may be looking for a job at the moment but who better to employ at this stage than Westerhof? He has a passion for Nigeria, knows the game (did anyone care to listen to his comments and suggestions on super sport?) and most importantly knows our football politics.

Even if we hired Arsene Wenger tomorrow, he will fail if made to work under that failed body called NFA as it is presently constituted. There needs to be a total reform in that house. Why in the world dont we have the likes of Segun Odegbami running the association? I guess that is another topic for debate.
Re: Westerhof Is The Man by kliverpool(m): 12:49pm On Feb 06, 2008
this man had the option of setting up football academy any other place.
He did not he decide to come back to Nigeria.
Re: Westerhof Is The Man by benedo(m): 3:23pm On Feb 07, 2008
Westerhoff!!! ? I dont know ooo, Aikhomu is no longer is Aso Rock ooo, and the FA is now even more inept, disorganised and irresponsible like neva before. God save Nigerian Football.
Re: Westerhof Is The Man by kliverpool(m): 4:26pm On Feb 24, 2008
if we want local coach we should go for siasia.Not keshi
let sunday olishe start with under17 or 21 before super eagles
Re: Westerhof Is The Man by kliverpool(m): 4:33pm On Feb 24, 2008
if we want local coach we should siasia not keshi
let olishe start with under17 or 21

and if we want another type of local coach we should go for westerhof
because he is living in ILORIN KWARA STATE CAPITAL.

ADEGBOYE ONIGBINDE WILL NOT BE A BAD IDEA TOO
HE GAVE THE LIKES OF EJIDE ,EYEANMA,UTAKA THE CHANCE IF NOT FOR HIM MAYBE PETERSIDE IDHA WILL STILL BE IN GOAL FOR US.
Re: Westerhof Is The Man by DisGuy: 5:51am On Feb 25, 2008
there must be a reason why he is living in nigeria, he has surely seen magas, he knows you'll pay oyinbo man plenty money.
I mean the guy is not a coach any more nobody talks of him apart from nigerians! he knows our money politics[/i]that should tell you something!!!

his mates are busy coaching or running [i]proper
football academies around the world (where it matters), not playing politics with some praise singers!!!

(1) (Reply)

Most Memorable Sporting Event Of 2008 / Spurs Ready To Launch £500,000 Swoop For Wycombe Wonderkid Ibe! / Arsenal Vs Mancity Carling Cup Tuesday 29th 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.