Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,614 members, 7,911,590 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 12:52 PM

***Is Christianity Becoming Too Superstitious And Beggarly Or What??*** - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ***Is Christianity Becoming Too Superstitious And Beggarly Or What??*** (7144 Views)

Why Are Nigerians Too Superstitious / Is Christianity True? The Greatest Conspiracy Ever / Why Are Nigerians Too Superstitious And Believe Too Much In Juju? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ***Is Christianity Becoming Too Superstitious And Beggarly Or What??*** by rusher14: 8:35am On Nov 17, 2012
Subtext: Its Pastor Rod Parsely's Church, World Harvest Church.

Most churches of our time have neglected the more important matters of the gospel. When 12.12.12 comes I hope you'll not be one of those Christians who'll be more concerned about finances. You think the War in Israel and Mid-east is for fun?
I'm sorry but you must be a dunce.
Do you think God works with your calendar?
I would be alive December 13, 2012 I don't know about you. Let's say you make it beyond that date please don't come with any excuse about Him listening to your prayers.
I really don't understand how people get so silly. Is it inherited?

1 Like

Re: ***Is Christianity Becoming Too Superstitious And Beggarly Or What??*** by fittty(m): 8:39am On Nov 17, 2012
sad
Re: ***Is Christianity Becoming Too Superstitious And Beggarly Or What??*** by Nobody: 8:40am On Nov 17, 2012
okeyxyz: @chiteny,
This principle the pastor is pushing is actually valid IMO.
Another JoAgbaje in the making. Let's see what you have to offer.

okeyxyz:
The bible makes us understand that faith is a substance..., an evidence...,(Hebrews 11:1 KJV), He's right when he says the cloth is a point of contact.
JoAbgbatic tactics...
The full verse
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Not seen, my brother, not seen.

okeyxyz:
I'm not vouching for this pastor(even fraud operates under the guise of truth), but only saying the principle is correct. It's the same principle by with tithes operate. If god will bless you, then it's going to be through an activity that you are actually engaged in, thus your point of contact. It may be through work\business, studies, friends, family etc, It should be a "path" that you thread rather than something that has nothing to do with you. This is the faith.
JoAgbatism...

Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. 8 Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. (Joshua 1:7-cool

What you posted above is nothing different from what the yahooyahoo boys and lotteries do. Keep trying, if e no work, na ur faith/works cause am.

1 Like

Re: ***Is Christianity Becoming Too Superstitious And Beggarly Or What??*** by canadianprince: 8:49am On Nov 17, 2012
musKeeto: Christianity has always been superstitious and beggarly...

the difference..

the first beggar, Jesus Christ, when given bread and fishes, did spiritual copy and paste, and fed others.

The modern day beggars, Oledepo and co, when given bread and fishes, open a bakery and fish pond, then sell the bread and fishes at spiritual prices...

Try not to be a son of perdition. Silly man!
Re: ***Is Christianity Becoming Too Superstitious And Beggarly Or What??*** by Nobody: 9:13am On Nov 17, 2012
canadianprince:

Try not to be a son of perdition. Silly man!
Your father's a son of perdition, ur mom a daughter of Jezebel... Oaf...
Re: ***Is Christianity Becoming Too Superstitious And Beggarly Or What??*** by Nuezha(m): 9:13am On Nov 17, 2012
It all bothers on belief:
Hear a testimony of mine:
One Sunday during offering, the Minister said 'empty your pocket to God this morning'.
All I had home and abroad was in my pocket that morning and I must confess to you that when Ministers talk like that, I wouldn't take it seriously but that morning, for whatever 'silly' reason I did.
In fact I borrowed money to go to work the next day - stupid isn't it?
In the night of that same sunday I received an "unusual & unexpected" call from an Engineer... the rest for me is a glorious history.
LIAR ARE HELLBOUND!!!

Atheism? For me, no.
Islam? For me once again, no (once was)
Christianity? For me, yes (I am)
I'm not out to condemn or commend any faith but I think human beings are the problems here and not the Church.
So, weigh your options and think again. Your belief does influence your thinking and acting.
Re: ***Is Christianity Becoming Too Superstitious And Beggarly Or What??*** by Sike(m): 9:21am On Nov 17, 2012
PUT YOUR FAITH IN WHAT YOU MOST BELIEVE IN.
Re: ***Is Christianity Becoming Too Superstitious And Beggarly Or What??*** by Mavor: 9:30am On Nov 17, 2012
The only Protestant Church I respect is Deeper Life Bible church, cos they actually live their life Christ-like. The rest is Trash. Pastor convenant university heads that trash list. Beware of snakes and vipers in the church. Beware of false prophets!!!
Re: ***Is Christianity Becoming Too Superstitious And Beggarly Or What??*** by rocoh(m): 10:10am On Nov 17, 2012
Please check www.ccel.org and download a book titled The Kneeling christian .It will answer many questions. It was written by an unknown author.Back to the matter.Christians are the problem/ solution of the world. If the world is good, then it is well with the christians, if if it ill with the world then it is ill with the christians. We are the salt of the world and what if the salt loses its Savour?More than at any point in the Human history, the church of God needs prayers. We all need to pray for our fellow christian brothers and sisters. Let's leave complaining alone and let's pray. Prayer is the key. Let's pray for our country, let's pray for our churches , let's pray for the world. The world need a praying christian.
Re: ***Is Christianity Becoming Too Superstitious And Beggarly Or What??*** by Ruthygil: 10:58am On Nov 17, 2012
I have not read other peoples comment but I read the letter of the so called man of God. I can categorically let you know that this man is not acting according to God's word so do not pay attention to him. The problem we have as christian today is that everybody wants miracles but do not want to know the originator of these miracles. Men of God are capitalizing on the vulnerable nature of Nigerians as a result of the pains inflicted on us by our leaders, thus making things so difficult and we are looking for solutions. Read. 2Timothy 3, the whole of the chapter and please do not look at any man or else you will be dissapointed. Read your bible very well and ask the Holy Spirit to give you insight and you will know that our Lord and Jesus Christ did not leave us in darkness. He said in the last days false Prophets will emerge. Jesus said, freely you receive and freely you should give. The anointing of God upon a man which God gives freely to whomsoever He pleases is to do the works of God that will bring more men and women into His Kingdom and not for self enrichment. Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith. Keep looking unto Jesus and not get discouraged because of the activities of some men of God.

1 Like

Re: ***Is Christianity Becoming Too Superstitious And Beggarly Or What??*** by nedu2000(m): 1:19pm On Nov 17, 2012
Just as its written in eccl 9:11.....bad fortune can happen 2 all men & just as the rain doesn't discriminate for/against everyone,same goes with blessings & breakthroughs,everyone is blessed and its not a function of tithe giving
Re: ***Is Christianity Becoming Too Superstitious And Beggarly Or What??*** by An0nimus: 1:43pm On Nov 17, 2012

the difference..

[b][i]the first beggar, Jesus Christ,[\i][\b] when given bread and fishes, did spiritual copy and paste, and fed others.

The modern day beggars, Oledepo and co, when given bread and fishes, open a bakery and fish pond, then sell the bread and fishes at spiritual prices...

What's this pls? :/
Re: ***Is Christianity Becoming Too Superstitious And Beggarly Or What??*** by thorpido(m): 5:56pm On Nov 17, 2012
An0nimus:

What's this pls? :/
he's lost bro.
Re: ***Is Christianity Becoming Too Superstitious And Beggarly Or What??*** by ChiFin: 6:26pm On Nov 17, 2012
The word of God and work of God should be given for free and done for free. Christ never asked us to 'sow seed of faith', for all His provisions for us. Freely He has given us all; freely we should also give out. Infact, we are to hate gifts while on the course of the gospel(DEU 16:19). Tithes and offerings are different issues entirely. They are biblical but 'seed faith' is not biblical.
Re: ***Is Christianity Becoming Too Superstitious And Beggarly Or What??*** by Nobody: 7:20pm On Nov 17, 2012
THERE IS ONE THING I AM SURE OF...HAH! I know your thread was not for comments, BUT TO MOCK OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST AND HIS PROGRESSIVE AND EVER-GROWING WORK ON EARTH!!! But, know this you writer and others casting stones at THE GOSPEL. THERE IS NO NAIRALAND IN HELL OH Keep mocking! WHETHER Illuminati is paying you and the owners, we will know! Your American Fathers pulling down the work of Jesus are dying small small... singing...“ no matter what they say, I will sing Hallelujah...“ Waves of Glory... Winners Till Jesus Comes! If you vex, Enter Pacific Ocean go see Queen of the Coast!!!
Re: ***Is Christianity Becoming Too Superstitious And Beggarly Or What??*** by chiteny(m): 2:08am On Nov 18, 2012

the difference..

the first beggar, Jesus Christ, when given bread and fishes, did spiritual copy and paste, and fed others.

In my post, i believe you will see where i said only Christians should comment.
Re: ***Is Christianity Becoming Too Superstitious And Beggarly Or What??*** by chiteny(m): 2:14am On Nov 18, 2012
okeyxyz: @chiteny,
This principle the pastor is pushing is actually valid IMO.
The bible makes us understand that faith is a substance..., an evidence...,(Hebrews 11:1 KJV), He's right when he says the cloth is a point of contact.

I'm not vouching for this pastor(even fraud operates under the guise of truth), but only saying the principle is correct. It's the same principle by with tithes operate. If god will bless you, then it's going to be through an activity that you are actually engaged in, thus your point of contact. It may be through work\business, studies, friends, family etc, It should be a "path" that you thread rather than something that has nothing to do with you. This is the faith.

Your opinion is highly valid and not wrong. But one question you should ask yourself is
1. what is the basis of your faith. Is is on numerology (occurrence of number 12.12.12?)
2. Do i need to pay money or anything whatsoever to "key" into this faith? Can't it be free?

One of the characteristics of a true MoG is not being money conscious. A true servant of God is not money conscious (Daniel 5:13-17, 2 Kings 5:14-19,1 Timothy 3:3). He does not ask people for an offering before he prophesies, or asks people to “sow a seed” in order to claim their prophecies or the blessings of God. Besides, a true servant of God doesn't sell prayer cloth or shawl as we do not have such practices in the New Testament church.

It's time to kick all the fraudsters out of business and out of the body of Christ. Any pastor or preacher that sells or promotes prayer cloth, mantle or prayer shawl is a FRAUD in the name of Christ. Jesus gave us the true believers an example by chasing the thieves out of the temple and so the true believers MUST chase of these fraud preachers out of business

Above comment is about what i had in mind.
Re: ***Is Christianity Becoming Too Superstitious And Beggarly Or What??*** by chiteny(m): 2:16am On Nov 18, 2012
bennieman:

The OP did not reveal the name of the church. He only revealed the name of the service and trust google, it presented a certain Rod Parsley of the World Harvest Church, Winchester.

At least some pple that are interested can now know how and where to sow...

Na you sabi o. Me i no name any church or pastor o. wink Let just forget about any church or pastor and look at the situation objectively
Re: ***Is Christianity Becoming Too Superstitious And Beggarly Or What??*** by chiteny(m): 2:53am On Nov 18, 2012
Ruthygil: I have not read other peoples comment but I read the letter of the so called man of God. I can categorically let you know that this man is not acting according to God's word so do not pay attention to him. The problem we have as christian today is that everybody wants miracles but do not want to know the originator of these miracles. Men of God are capitalizing on the vulnerable nature of Nigerians as a result of the pains inflicted on us by our leaders, thus making things so difficult and we are looking for solutions. Read. 2Timothy 3, the whole of the chapter and please do not look at any man or else you will be dissapointed. Read your bible very well and ask the Holy Spirit to give you insight and you will know that our Lord and Jesus Christ did not leave us in darkness. He said in the last days false Prophets will emerge. Jesus said, freely you receive and freely you should give. The anointing of God upon a man which God gives freely to whomsoever He pleases is to do the works of God that will bring more men and women into His Kingdom and not for self enrichment. Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith. Keep looking unto Jesus and not get discouraged because of the activities of some men of God.

Thanks. I will not be discourage. He is the source of my comfort strength and hope. He is my bearing.
Re: ***Is Christianity Becoming Too Superstitious And Beggarly Or What??*** by chiteny(m): 3:06am On Nov 18, 2012
emusmith: THERE IS ONE THING I AM SURE OF...HAH! I know your thread was not for comments, BUT TO MOCK OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST AND HIS PROGRESSIVE AND EVER-GROWING WORK ON EARTH!!! But, know this you writer and others casting stones at THE GOSPEL. THERE IS NO NAIRALAND IN HELL OH Keep mocking! WHETHER Illuminati is paying you and the owners, we will know! Your American Fathers pulling down the work of Jesus are dying small small... singing...“ no matter what they say, I will sing Hallelujah...“ Waves of Glory... Winners Till Jesus Comes! If you vex, Enter Pacific Ocean go see Queen of the Coast!!!

Sir, You got it all wrong! What you are sure of is not the truth. Your conclusion is rather based of false suspicion of what you think i am aiming at. I AM A PROUD CHRISTIAN ANYDAY ANYTIME. THE LEAST I WOULD DO IS TO MOCK CHRISTIANITY (AND MYSELF IN SO DOING). If i find something i feel is not right that some people who claim to be of the same faith with me do, i find it hard to shut up. I bring it before my other fellow believers for us all to debate and to learn more (and know if such things are good practice according to the bible) If such issue i posted above came from a non-christian, do you think i would bother myself about it?

I am not casting stone on the Gospel; of what benefit would this be to me? Rather the aim of my post(s) is trying to show Christians (especially young ones)the way to do things biblically, following the examples of laid out in the bible and not conforming to every wave of doctrine we see in this end times.This is all i aim at and nothing more.

So once again, you are wrong by your assertions.
Re: ***Is Christianity Becoming Too Superstitious And Beggarly Or What??*** by canadianprince: 5:12am On Nov 18, 2012
musKeeto:
Your father's a son of perdition, ur mom a daughter of Jezebel... Oaf...

Oh! Now I know the truth really hurts. Sorry for you.
Re: ***Is Christianity Becoming Too Superstitious And Beggarly Or What??*** by Nobody: 5:58am On Nov 18, 2012
canadianprince:

Oh! Now I know the truth really hurts. Sorry for you.
indeed, the truth hurts. sorry for d church.
Re: ***Is Christianity Becoming Too Superstitious And Beggarly Or What??*** by maasoap(m): 8:54am On Nov 18, 2012
Azeebi :
Most religion are superstitious and are only surviving because of human faer and colour blindness. Christianity is even beter, because its only weakness as seem today is it capitalist faetures. What about Islam, religion torn apart by reactionaries, that seek for the slytest offence to lunch attack and kill, in the name of jihad?
Instead of being a religious person, it is better to have common sense.
Religion na politics, power struggle and economic ventures, where every religion markets herself where she can not impose her will or imperialised the weak, when she can.
You need to attack Islam for you to feel good about your religion. This thread is about the inadequates of christianity, and if you have something negative to say about Islam, why can't you create another thread. Another name for christianity is fraud.
Re: ***Is Christianity Becoming Too Superstitious And Beggarly Or What??*** by Wadeoye(m): 1:24pm On Nov 18, 2012
Nuezha: It all bothers on belief:
Hear a testimony of mine:
One Sunday during offering, the Minister said 'empty your pocket to God this morning'.
All I had home and abroad was in my pocket that morning and I must confess to you that when Ministers talk like that, I wouldn't take it seriously but that morning, for whatever 'silly' reason I did.
In fact I borrowed money to go to work the next day - stupid isn't it?
In the night of that same sunday I received an "unusual & unexpected" call from an Engineer... the rest for me is a glorious history.
LIAR ARE HELLBOUND!!!

Atheism? For me, no.
Islam? For me once again, no (once was)
Christianity? For me, yes (I am)
I'm not out to condemn or commend any faith but I think human beings are the problems here and not the Church.
So, weigh your options and think again. Your belief does influence your thinking and acting.

Na lie be that - "unusual & unexpected call". There is nothing like that - what you work for is what you get. It is only a lazy and a man who has defeated himself that will belief in that trash. Work hard and you will get there - spend time to listen to Obama speech to his country men and women. The watch word has always been hard work. It is only in the jungle that a spirit can initiate success without you working for it - you guys should stop all these trash. There are billions of people in the world who are doing great - are they all christians? And the richest of people on earth planned and worked hard to earn their money.
Re: ***Is Christianity Becoming Too Superstitious And Beggarly Or What??*** by miles05(m): 10:24pm On Nov 18, 2012
We live in troubled times!!!
Re: ***Is Christianity Becoming Too Superstitious And Beggarly Or What??*** by miles05(m): 10:25pm On Nov 18, 2012
We live in troubled times!!!We live in troubled times!!!We live in troubled times!!!
Re: ***Is Christianity Becoming Too Superstitious And Beggarly Or What??*** by Goshen360(m): 11:00pm On Nov 20, 2012
Shout it loud and clear, sing it in the street, proclaim it to your generation and the ones yet unborn....

[size=50pt]Rod Parsley of The World Harvest Church, Ohio is a FRAUD[/size] with his 12:12:12 prayer cloth. I just watched his 12:12:12 prayer cloth heresy of the end time. The Apostles NEVER sent prayer clothes asking you to sow a 12:12:12 seed.

1 Like

Re: ***Is Christianity Becoming Too Superstitious And Beggarly Or What??*** by chiteny(m): 3:26am On Apr 23, 2013
Goshen360: Shout it loud and clear, sing it in the street, proclaim it to your generation and the ones yet unborn....

[size=50pt]Rod Parsley of The World Harvest Church, Ohio is a FRAUD[/size] with his 12:12:12 prayer cloth. I just watched his 12:12:12 prayer cloth heresy of the end time. The Apostles NEVER sent prayer clothes asking you to sow a 12:12:12 seed.

I agree with you on the bolded section

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jesus Is A Slave & Not Son Of God / What Is God's Will And What Are His Works That We Must Work? - Olamide Obire / Hey Yall Its Sept 23 And I Am Raptured. I Am Writing This Post From Heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.