Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,817 members, 7,889,681 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 06:03 PM

How To Put Together A Gaming Or High Graphics Pc At Low Cost - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / How To Put Together A Gaming Or High Graphics Pc At Low Cost (1326 Views)

In Need Of A Gaming Laptop Please Suggest / Top 10 Best Android Games 2015 (high Graphics & Addictive) / Will You Play Games In A Gaming Lounge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Put Together A Gaming Or High Graphics Pc At Low Cost by Nobody: 10:38am On Nov 17, 2012
Any decent laptop with Nvidia / Ati mobile Gpu can run them it doesn't have to be expensive.

But as I have stressed repeatedly gaming/ graphics work on a PC surpasses any laptop or console, I know what I am saying, I own an 2 xbox 360's, A 320 GIG PS3 SLIM, A NINTENDO WIN A PSP SLIM 300 AND A PS VITA. So yes it safe to say I have a vast knowledge in this field, unfortunately work doesn't permit me as much time for gaming any more..

But I have noticed a lot of people know the [power of pc gaming but are unsure of how to get one or think its super expensive so I want to show you how to put together a gaming cpu that will make any ps3, 360 or alienware laptop green with envy.

Yes alienware laptops are great,but the catch is this, its still a laptop!!! so it can never ever ever be as rugged or as powerful as a well put together PC.

Now the raw truth is everything is about budget, you can put together a raw beast like I use for gaming ang graphics but its going to be really expensive and that's contrary to the purpose of my writing this article.

Truth is you are better of gaming on a laptop or desktop here in Nigeria, because you can play all the latest games for next to nothing, and you can still use your system for other stuff.
I will be frank with you, if you phuk out 70k to buy a base 120gb ps3 slim you have got to consider that you will have to jailbreak it to be able to play pirated games, and you can play on PSN like I do, so what's the point?, ok lets even forgo PSN how about the fact that you cant just go out and copy the latest assassins creed 3 and play just like that for fear of loosing your jailbreak? mean while on PC you can play all these games for really low prices as low as 300 bucks? undecided and you get all the DLC's as they are released for free? come on
Now I am not addressing cloning a system as that's not for Noobs but if you guys want I could do that later on, what I am teaching is how to take your money to computer village and put together a branded gaming kick arse, taking no names monster..
First thing you need to realise is cpu power, even though this isn't that relevant in regular games but when you get to HD gaming which is were all the good games reside then CPU power comes in handy,
1. STAY AWAY FROM THE FOLLOWING cpu's pentium4 HT, Dual core, AMD dual core, and Pentium D (which is also basically a dual core)

For around 30k you can get a good core2duo in computer village, with at least 2gig of ram, if you are really good at negotiating I suggest telling the trader to remove the hard disk that will drop the price to maybe 25k or less, because we are still gong to take that out and put in a bigger one.

2. 2gig of ram although good I would suggest higher it all depends on your budget, remember we are going for the lowest cost but still able to rum max payne 3 on high..

3. I know 1 terabyte hard disk costs about 17k it depends on your negotiating skills, now this 1tb hard disk will go into our CPU. Look all of them u will see in the market are most likely china these are cheap, but you can still find original and I think these go for over 20k so I suggest what I did, I went to those guys who repair sell/desktops and bought a tokunbo one that I have been using for over a year now.

4.now the tricky part, the GPU, this is the power house, this is the main reason most games run slowly or have poor frame rates on both laptops and PC's. This is the most important piece of tech you are going to buy, the truth is there are all sorts of fake china ripoff Gpu, some will tell you they have 1gig, 4gig blah blah blah... my peeps, that is totally irrelevant. The most important thing when buying a gpu is the Clock and memory speed, let me explain in simpler terms.

CARD A ZOTAC NVIDIA 4GIG DEDICATED GPU, Direct x 11 compatible, HDMI port, core speed of 300MHZ, SHADER CLOCK 1000MHZ, MEMORY INTERFACE 415BIT

CARD B SAPHIRE RADEON X650 512 MB DEDICATED GPU, DIRECTX 10, core speed of 700 MHz, shader clock 1500 MHz, memory data rate 2000 MHz memory interface 384bit

Which of these two cards would u get? I can tell that 99% of you would buy card A believing its a benchmarking demon despite the fact it will probably cost 6times the price of the other one? well too bad it wont do half what the second card will do, why? because the dedicated memory is totally irrelevant compared to core, memory and shader speeds.

Now the truth about buying GPU's is you have to be smart and realize that there are a lot of china makes out there under various names, so becareful. Yes there are some really expensive ones like I saw the Nvidia GTX 660 for 75,000. I am sure that price made some people scream? well that card will make your unreleased playstation 4 or xbox 720 look like baby toys. But you don't have to spend that much, I got my Nvidia 8800 gtx for 12000, because I knew the tricks and I was lucky. The trick is o to the guys who import PC's there in computer village, they usually get these GPU cards buy from them. but if you have a lot of money to spend say 20k? there are shops that still sell original cards that are good mid performance.
So after you have your Gpu, the rest is history, I recommend windows 7 home premium or windows 8 professional with media center ..from my experience these are really good gaming or graphics operating systems.

AND AFTER YOU HAVE PUT TOGETHER I SUGGEST YOU SPEND AN EXTRA 4 OR 5K TO GET A UPS YOU DONT WANT TO CRASH YOUR 1TB HARDDISK DUE TO POWER OUTAGE?

QUESTIONS CALL 08030593258
Re: How To Put Together A Gaming Or High Graphics Pc At Low Cost by adewaleafolabi(m): 3:43pm On Nov 23, 2012
Seriously you do have lots of console, can i buy your Wii? grin
Re: How To Put Together A Gaming Or High Graphics Pc At Low Cost by austinsmat(m): 8:46am On Nov 27, 2012
I have pappy and want to play all this games but what is GPU
Re: How To Put Together A Gaming Or High Graphics Pc At Low Cost by spikesC(m): 5:16am On Nov 28, 2012
nice thread. Been following ur post around. I wanna get a really good gaming laptop for 100k and below. Can you tell me the specifications i might find under this. I am looking at a minimum of intel core i5 2.5ghz,4gig ram,500 hdd, 17 inch screen size. Dell ofcourse
I'll really appreciate if u can help out.

If i can also get a dell alienware, it would be marvellous, i dnt mind chipping in some more naira

(1) (Reply)

(finally) Mc5 Release Date Is Out / Where Are The PS3 Gurus In The House? / Prince Of Persia :what Should I Do Pls Help!!!(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.