Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,625 members, 7,888,996 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 08:08 PM

Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? (9259 Views)

MAULAG: Jonathan Reverts To UNILAG / How I Succeeded After Six Attempted Failures / "Give the Polytechnics a Chance", says UNILAG Professor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? by snoopy(m): 8:11am On Nov 20, 2012
boron10:

If this is the kind of english unilag graduates speak, then i bet Jonathan's reason for rebranding the name is highly justifiable
So let's look at it from your angle, you mean to say simply changing the name to Moshood Abiola University will enhance the English speaking capabilities of UNILAG graduates or will generally enhance the learning environment of the institution? You my friend are the one who needs "rebranding"
Re: Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? by Freezle(m): 2:39pm On Nov 21, 2012
i guess is a forgotten story because that is how the government treat issues in the country... so bad the government do act this way.
Re: Has UNILAG Succeeded In Crushing The MAULAG Name Finally? by eldoradoxx: 9:34pm On Nov 22, 2012
Babzilla:

GOTTA LOVE GOODLUCK ON THIS ONE BRO. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue U GUYS HAD IT COMING. I REMEMBER DURING THE MKO WAHALA, YEARS AGO, MAU WAS THE CENTRE OF ALL THE FRACAS. NO OTHER SCHOOL DEMONSTRATED SO MUCH FOR MKO'S FREEDOM NO OTHER SCHOOL MADE SO MUCH NOISE OVER JUNE 12. NOW UR EFFORTS HAVE COME BACK FULL CIRCLE. U AND UR ALUMNI R THE MUMUS FOR PROTESTING THE CHANGE. IF U HATED THE MAN SO MUCH WHY DEMONSTRATE FOR HIS CAUSE? MAU IS THE NAME AND MAU ITS GONNA BE. SUCK IT IN, SHUT UP & GET USED TO IT tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
God bless you! This is exactly my point. Is UNILAG to big to be named after a man who sacrificed his comfort, his billions of naira investments in business, the life of his dear wife Kudirat and his own life, as well has his own family just for the cause of democracy? It is a big shame that same Yoruba people who mostly led the protest for the recognition of june 12 and the immortalisation of Abilola as an icon of our democracy could turn around and condemn the laudable effort of Gej at renaming the best Fed university after a great man like Abiola. I guess its ACN that is sponsoring the student protest, its simply political, their thinking is that to allow GEJ/ PDP recognise Abiola would be tantamount to winning the support and love of South West in the next election.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help Confirm If this Is Legit / Police And Polytechnic Students Clash In Benue, 1 Killed (PHOTO) / Lagos Suspends Principal Of School Where Pupils Sit On Windows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.