Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,733 members, 7,875,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:02 PM

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... - Travel (393) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... (823570 Views)

Securing Visa To Italy / Hungarian Student Visa Application, Applying From Nigeria / I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (390) (391) (392) (393) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Blessedsteph: 2:04pm On Jun 24
I don’t think it will affect the visa decision especially when it’s tourist visa. If it’s a conference or study and the date has passed then maybe it will affect visa. This is my own personal opinion.
BruceXavier:
What happens if a decision is yet to be reached on your application but waiting period has exceeded your travel date and for that reason had to cancel some or all of your reservations to avoid losing money?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Atinukemi23: 11:03pm On Jun 24
BruceXavier:
What happens if a decision is yet to be reached on your application but waiting period has exceeded your travel date and for that reason had to cancel some or all of your reservations to avoid losing money?

Due to higher number of applications and backlog and since the prolonged waiting period is clearly their fault, that shouldn't affect the outcome the best they can do is to give you 3-6months or a year so you can travel at a later date when you wish.
But you can not predict a caseworker that is already looking for an excuse to refuse you regardless.

Attached file was just seen on instagram, imagine ?

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by hunee: 11:21pm On Jun 24
Hello, they can deny anyone a visa. Even if the person serves 100 years in a foreign country, I have seen someone who served as a military personnel on short service in the US. He was denied a visa too.

We should always ring it to our ears, visa approvals are at the discretion of the consular.

A top tennis player and the team from Nigeria was denied france visas too last year despite an official request.

We should ask our government to do better.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by yerilistik: 7:33am On Jun 25
Guys please remember to come here to update us when you get your passport back hopefully with the visa granted (or not) so we can have an idea the actual delay time in processing visa applications.
We don't seem to be getting enough feedbacks from those who recently got thier passports returned with or without visa.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by nodetest: 9:36am On Jun 25
Got my visa yesterday exactly 3 weeks after submission

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by pufframmy: 9:58am On Jun 25
congratulations so happy for you can you share your timeline and documents submitted
nodetest:
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by yerilistik: 11:17am On Jun 25
nodetest:
Big congrats and thanks for letting us know. Did you collect it yourself or delivered to you by courrier service ?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Zoey1: 3:03pm On Jun 25
Congratulations
nodetest:
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Zoey1: 3:17pm On Jun 25
Denying someone visa doesn’t necessarily have to be the fault of the applicant.
Hence sometimes a situation gets upturned during appeal or review.
1. It depends on the mood of the officer.
2. Season and how much time the officer has to spare. (I know consulates that are claiming to be under staffed, how is that the applicant’s business? Are we not paying for the services?)
3. If an officer says you do not satisfy him… it doesn’t mean the application isn’t satisfactory.
It’s his or her own personal problem.
That’s why Italy would deny someone and same person would apply immiediately to France and get approved.
4. Finally, as much as you think our country is wobbled, some of these officers are as corrupt as your politicians.
Who do you think visa racketeers remit to?
They have contacts within those walls.

hunee:
Hello, they can deny anyone a visa. Even if the person serves 100 years in a foreign country, I have seen someone who served as a military personnel on short service in the US. He was denied a visa too.

We should always ring it to our ears, visa approvals are at the discretion of the consular.

A top tennis player and the team from Nigeria was denied france visas too last year despite an official request.

We should ask our government to do better.

Thank you.

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by hunee: 4:10pm On Jun 25
This time around, we agree on same terms. We need to call out these people at the helm of affairs to do more. Everything is centered around right policies and legislations. It is only when it concerns them they come to rant, how many times have people complained about placing our country's passport high, they will not listen
Zoey1:
Denying someone visa doesn’t necessarily have to be the fault of the applicant.
Hence sometimes a situation gets upturned during appeal or review.
1. It depends on the mood of the officer.
2. Season and how much time the officer has to spare. (I know consulates that are claiming to be under staffed, how is that the applicant’s business? Are we not paying for the services?)
3. If an officer says you do not satisfy him… it doesn’t mean the application isn’t satisfactory.
It’s his or her own personal problem.
That’s why Italy would deny someone and same person would apply immiediately to France and get approved.
4. Finally, as much as you think our country is wobbled, some of these officers are as corrupt as your politicians.
Who do you think visa racketeers remit to?
They have contacts within those walls.

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by nodetest: 4:15pm On Jun 25
yerilistik:

Big congrats and thanks for letting us know. Did you collect it yourself or delivered to you by courrier service ?

Delivered by DHL

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by America001: 5:47pm On Jun 25
Please I need guidance on applying for a Schengen visa.
I checked page one but there's no detailed information.
Apart from insurance, hotel, flight and proof of income and employment... I want to know if I have to pay for appointment at TLS, secondly how much is the visa application fee?
Is it the same TLS visa application center for UK ?

In summary, what else do I need to budget for apart from the ones listed above?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Nonamexxx: 5:53pm On Jun 25
You'll pay TLS a service fee. It shouldn't be more than 50k with the exchange rate.
The visa fee is €90
America001:
Apart from insurance, hotel, flight and proof of income and employment... I want to know if I have to pay for appointment at TLS, secondly how much is the visa application fee?

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by BruceXavier: 7:21pm On Jun 25
America001:

The best way to maximise a platform like this is to patiently read through the thread, start your process and come with specific or peculiar questions with regards to your application. If you do that, you'll realise most or all of your questions have been answered before. Sometimes a mere Google search of your question with nairaland.com at the end of it will take you to a specific page where house members have delebrated extensively on the subject matter with sound answers/solutions
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by America001: 8:37pm On Jun 25
Nonamexxx:
You'll pay TLS a service fee. It shouldn't be more than 50k with the exchange rate.
The visa fee is €90
Okay. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by America001: 8:39pm On Jun 25
BruceXavier:

The best way to maximise a platform like this is to patiently read through the thread, start your process and come with specific or peculiar questions with regards to your application. If you do that, you'll realise most or all of your questions have been answered before. Sometimes a mere Google search of your question with nairaland.com at the end of it will take you to a specific page where house members have delebrated extensively on the subject matter with sound answers/solutions
Alright boss
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by tunyuz(m): 10:21pm On Jun 26
Hello, everyone. Please I received a collection mail today from TLS France. Does it mean my visa is granted? This is my first application with France, I am only familiar with UK system. If its UK, its either you get refusal mail or collection mail. Thank you in advance
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Nonamexxx: 11:09pm On Jun 26
tunyuz:
Hello, everyone. Please I received a collection mail today from TLS France. Does it mean my visa is granted? This is my first application with France, I am only familiar with UK system. If its UK, its either you get refusal mail or collection mail. Thank you in advance

Hi,when did you submit your visa application?
I had the same thought before but someone here made me understand that the duration it takes to get a response doesn't necessarily have any effect on whether your visa was granted or not

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by yerilistik: 4:20am On Jun 27
tunyuz:
France visa processing is quite different from the UK. Most UK Visa refusals get refusai emails before thier passports are returned but in France visa, no such emails are sent. You only know the outcome when you collect your passport.
When did you submit your application, Lagos or Abuja ?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by tunyuz(m): 1:33pm On Jun 27
Okay, thank you. I submitted on 3/6/24. I will try to collect today or tomorrow.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by yerilistik: 1:48pm On Jun 27
tunyuz:
Okay, thank you. I submitted on 3/6/24. I will try to collect today or tomorrow.
I wish you good news with the visa
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Marcgrace: 4:21pm On Jun 27
Hello @ Everyone!
Has anyone on this forum applied for a short-stay visa specifically for the purpose of visiting your Brother or Sister living in France?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Nonamexxx: 6:18pm On Jun 27
Nicholasguzy:

I’m experiencing the same thing as well. Submitted since 20th of May and no response yet

Hi. Did you eventually get a response?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by vikaosi: 6:14am On Jun 28
Please for tourist visa, do I need I stamped bank statement or can I go with the online bank statement printout?

Thanks
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Blessedsteph: 8:51am On Jun 28
My GTB online statement comes stamped so I just print and submit. But my zenith bank didn’t come with stamp so had to go to the bank and get it stamped. Better safe than sorry.
vikaosi:
Please for tourist visa, do I need I stamped bank statement or can I go with the online bank statement printout?

Thanks
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by BabaShindara: 10:12pm
This documentation formation looks concise to get an approval. Please ma, if you don't mind I need your guildiance to fill the application form correctly and write a well articulated introductory letter for our travels. I'm traveling with my 2kids too.

Thanks.
My email is tandtconstructions1987@gmail.com
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by BabaShindara: 10:42pm
Blessedsteph:
My GTB online statement comes stamped so I just print and submit. But my zenith bank didn’t come with stamp so had to go to the bank and get it stamped. Better safe than sorry.
Blessedsteph:
You can drop your email. Will send it to you.
Thanks
This documentation formation looks concise to get an approval. Please ma, if you don't mind I need your guildiance to fill the application form correctly and write a well articulated introductory letter for our travels. I'm traveling with my 2kids too.

Thanks.
My email is tandtconstructions1987@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (390) (391) (392) (393) (Reply)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.