Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,218 members, 7,925,772 topics. Date: Monday, 19 August 2024 at 10:49 PM

Katsina's/germany 60 Megawatts Power Projects Using Solar & Wind!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Katsina's/germany 60 Megawatts Power Projects Using Solar & Wind!!! (2264 Views)

Lagos Power Projects Receives Boost With Transformer Plant / FG To Begin Inspection Of Power Projects / 'Batman' To Launch Power Projects In Nigeria - ThisDay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Katsina's/germany 60 Megawatts Power Projects Using Solar & Wind!!! by hakanai(m): 12:09am On Nov 20, 2012
Nigeria: Katsina's 60 Megawatts Power Projects - Will They Come to Fruition?
BY YUSHA'U A IBRAHIM, 19 NOVEMBER 2012

Katsina — On Monday the 12th November 2012, Governor Ibrahim Shehu Shema of Katsina state flagged off the construction of a 30mw solar energy plant in Kankia town of Kankia local government area of the state.

The plant is estimated to cost 55 million euro, the equivalent to N13.7 billion, according to the Katsina state commissioner of resource development, Engineer Musa Nashuni. With the flagging off of Kankia 30mw energy project, Katsina state now has three energy plants underway, and expected to generate 60mw after completion.

The first was Rimi-Lamba 10mw wind-mill farm which was initiated by the late President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua when he was Governor of Katsina State. The project was later taken over by the federal government after late Yar'Adua had become President in 2007. The second project is the 20mw solar energy plant initiated by the incumbent administration.

But several years after, the 10mw project is yet to see the light of the day. The site Manager of Vergnet Engineering Company, Mr. J. C Jallon said company has completed its works and the plant is ready for commissioning but the company is waiting for two of its engineers who will come to Nigeria from France to inspect some equipment before the commissioning of the plant. He said visa issue has been the problem.

"We have applied for the visa for the officials to come to Nigeria but I don't know why the Nigerian Immigration officials are delaying us; I am going back to Abuja in respect of the issue because it they don't come to the site we cannot commission the plant," he said.

"I met with Governor Ibrahim Shema last week and I lodged my complaints to him and I am sure he will intervene. Our major constraint now is delay in getting the visa for our engineers and once this problem is addressed the plant can be commissioned," he added.

Both 30mw and 20mw energy plants were located in Kankia town of Kankia local government area of the state. They are located side by side. While the former was covers 70 hectares, the latter covers only 50 hectare. Both are being handled by German companies. While 30mw plant is being executed under Nigeria/German energy partnership, the 20mw is being constructed by German company.

According to the commissioner for resource development, Nashuni, plans are underway to establish another 10mw solar energy plant in Funtua zone to boost electricity supply in the area. He said the 20mw will gulp about 70 million US dollar equivalent to N11.2 billion, while the proposed 10mw funtua solar plant will cost over N5bn. Nashuni added that feasibility studies had already been conducted for the 20mw plant and the project would be completed within one year.
Re: Katsina's/germany 60 Megawatts Power Projects Using Solar & Wind!!! by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:17am On Nov 20, 2012
Surely they could power it with the 'empty wind' coming out from the national assembly undecided; now that's guaranteed renewable energy you can bank on.

*first to comment......YES!!!!! grin grin grin*
Re: Katsina's/germany 60 Megawatts Power Projects Using Solar & Wind!!! by hakanai(m): 12:21am On Nov 20, 2012
^^^^ grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Julius Berger Begins Work On 2nd Niger Bridge. / What Will Happen If Tinubu And All APC Governors Decamp To PDP / REVEALED !!! #BringBackOurGirl Movement A Wing Of APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.