Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,325 members, 7,940,304 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 10:18 PM

I Need Help! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I Need Help! (664 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help! by Bigdreams(m): 6:05pm On Nov 20, 2012
Hello friends,

Please, I need help with my site developed with Joomla.

The response I get when I try to access it is:

Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL

Please, I need you to help unravel the cause and proffer solution(s).

Thanks
Re: I Need Help! by yawatide(f): 6:54pm On Nov 20, 2012
Looks like you've either not named something right on that particular set up page (host name, database name, password) or you haven't set up your database. Remember, different web hosts name their databases differently (some call it localhost while others have a more cryptic name).

Let us know how it goes. Good luck!
Re: I Need Help! by Bigdreams(m): 3:44pm On Nov 21, 2012
yawa-ti-de:
Looks like you've either not named something right on that particular set up page (host name, database name, password) or you haven't set up your database. Remember, different web hosts name their databases differently (some call it localhost while others have a more cryptic name).

Let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Thanks.

The site had already been uploaded and running for months before it started giving that error message.

I'm still trying to figure it out.

I'll let you know how it goes.
Re: I Need Help! by Bigdreams(m): 4:22pm On Nov 21, 2012
I don't know if the problem is from my host provider as I can't log-on to the phpmyadmin area.

I'm no programmer and still searching online for solutions.

I will appreciate if anyone can help out.

Thanks.
Re: I Need Help! by PGON(m): 4:32pm On Nov 21, 2012
Bigdreams: I don't know if the problem is from my host provider as I can't log-on to the phpmyadmin area.

I'm no programmer and still searching online for solutions.

I will appreciate if anyone can help out.

Thanks.

Troubleshooting step one

if you can't login to phpMyAdmin, See if you can create a database from database wizard.
take a look at all the database in your account via 'database wizard'... also in cpanel (that's if your host offers cpanel)
backup your joomla installation and download it to your local server..

Analyze the files and db...

Report...

(1) (Reply)

No more on here / My New Project V1 / Why People Are Not Always Successful Creating A Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.