Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,545 members, 7,905,107 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 06:24 AM

When I Married Your Father He Had Nothing ( Times Have Changed) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When I Married Your Father He Had Nothing ( Times Have Changed) (912 Views)

Have You Ever Dated/married Your 'date Of Birth' Mate? / Photos: "Today I Married The Man I Met On Social Media. Don't Ignore All Your DM / I Married My Boo This Weekend (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When I Married Your Father He Had Nothing ( Times Have Changed) by mekaboy(m): 10:30pm On Nov 20, 2012
DEPENDING ON HOW OLD YOU ARE, MOST OF YOU MUST HAVE HEARD THIS PHRASE FROM YOUR MOTHER "WHEN I MARRIED YOUR FATHER HE HAD NOTHING", BUT IS SEEMS LIKE THE GENERATION THAT USE THAT PHRASE HAVE ALMOST PASSED AWAY. I DONT THINK THAT WE WILL STILL HAVE GIRLS IN THIS GENERATION, SAYING THAT TO THEIR CHILDREN.

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE WOMEN OF THIS GENERATION? WHY DONT THEY THINK LIKE MY MOTHER? IS IT BECAUSE THERE WAS NO FACEBOOK, BLACKBERRY AND HUMAN HAIR AT THAT TIME ?
Re: When I Married Your Father He Had Nothing ( Times Have Changed) by acidtalk: 10:34pm On Nov 20, 2012
Pastors and Imaam preached salvation (The fear of God) and why people should remain steadfast and patient. But today the pastors are all falling over themselves preaching prosperity and accumulation of wealth.

Religious leaders are the NUMBER ONE PROBLEM in the world today. Pastors now use Private jet to do competition. A N4billion object. Who is now more callous, criminally minded and deceitful if not these men who mount the pulpit and brainwash thousands of people each week.

1 Like

Re: When I Married Your Father He Had Nothing ( Times Have Changed) by Goldieluks: 10:37pm On Nov 20, 2012
acidtalk: Pastors and Imaam preached salvation (The fear of God) and why people should remain steadfast and patient. But today the pastors are all falling over themselves preaching prosperity and accumulation of wealth.

Religious leaders are the NUMBER PROBLEM in the world today.

True talk.
Re: When I Married Your Father He Had Nothing ( Times Have Changed) by Nobody: 11:33pm On Nov 20, 2012
Then you can survive with nothing.
Re: When I Married Your Father He Had Nothing ( Times Have Changed) by Nobody: 12:43am On Nov 21, 2012
acidtalk: Pastors and Imaam preached salvation (The fear of God) and why people should remain steadfast and patient. But today the pastors are all falling over themselves preaching prosperity and accumulation of wealth.

Religious leaders are the NUMBER ONE PROBLEM in the world today. Pastors now use Private jet to do competition. A N4billion object. Who is now more callous, criminally minded and deceitful if not these men who mount the pulpit and brainwash thousands of people each week.
#TRUE STORY. A pastor[pastor o] told me in front of my ex ''broda no romance without finance,'' when we went for counselling in a bid to restore sanity to our crumbling relationship. Needless to say, I was left hanging when I couldn't make the required dosh.
Re: When I Married Your Father He Had Nothing ( Times Have Changed) by mekaboy(m): 11:05am On Nov 21, 2012
GOOD TO KNOW THAT PASTORS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS, I USED TO THINK IT WAS THE SOCIAL MEDIA, CHANNEL O , MTV BASE ETC.
Re: When I Married Your Father He Had Nothing ( Times Have Changed) by larrymoore(m): 2:29pm On Nov 21, 2012
Good old days, bad these days.
Re: When I Married Your Father He Had Nothing ( Times Have Changed) by Mynd44: 2:34pm On Nov 21, 2012
How come the new days are always bad?
Re: When I Married Your Father He Had Nothing ( Times Have Changed) by Nobody: 4:35pm On Nov 21, 2012
mekaboy: GOOD TO KNOW THAT PASTORS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS, I USED TO THINK IT WAS THE SOCIAL MEDIA, CHANNEL O , MTV BASE ETC.
And who says Social media,Channel O,MTV etc are not responsible. He(acidtalk) only mentioned pastors as the MAIN catalyst of this change and not the ONLY ones...
Re: When I Married Your Father He Had Nothing ( Times Have Changed) by Nobody: 5:13pm On Nov 21, 2012
when my parents met black people and women (all races) were unfairly discriminated against...they were certain offices they could never hold and certain areas they could not live in. their expecations in life then were limited because of the biased laws of the past. times have changed, so has the law and the social status of the people who were prviously disadvantaged. most women want a successful man or someone who shows that he will be successful in the future, especially when she is well-educated herself and she is working her way to be successful too. as society changes, so does the way people think. love is a beautiful thing, but u also have to consider the future of ur children too, and a whole lot of money is involved there
Re: When I Married Your Father He Had Nothing ( Times Have Changed) by 190theclown: 6:01pm On Nov 21, 2012
Only a white girl can say such today

" I followed ur father 2 struggle "
Sadly Nigerian/black chicks aint just dug for such
Re: When I Married Your Father He Had Nothing ( Times Have Changed) by Mynd44: 6:07pm On Nov 21, 2012
190-the-clown:
Only a white girl can say such today

" I followed ur father 2 struggle "
Sadly Nigerian/black chicks aint just dug for such
Hey be nice to these girls, you might marry one of them one day
Re: When I Married Your Father He Had Nothing ( Times Have Changed) by mekaboy(m): 8:26pm On Nov 21, 2012
[b] WELL I WENT TO DO SOME INVESTIGATION ON THIS ISSUE TO FIND OUT WHY GIRLS HAVE CHANGED THESE DAYS AND THIS IS WHAT I FOUND OUT.

THOSE DAYS, WHEN A MAN WENT TO SCHOOL AND GRADUATED, THERE WAS 99.999% CHANCES THAT HE WILL GET A JOB AND HIS SALARY COULD SUSTAIN THEM, SO A WOMAN WOULD EASILY MARRY THE MAN BASED ON THIS HOPE EVEN WHEN HE HAS NOTHING.

SECONDLY, EVEN IF HE DID NOT GO TO SCHOOL, THE LEVEL OF EFFORT HE PUT INTO HIS BUSINESS OR TRADE, OVER A PERIOD OF TIME WILL YIELD PROFIT, SO THE WOMAN CAN MARRY THE MAN KNOWING THAT IF THEY WORK HARD TOWARDS THE BUSINESS IT WILL GROW.

TODAY IS VERY UNCERTAIN, PEOPLE GRADUATE FROM SCHOOL AND 20YRS TIME THEY ARE STILL UNEMPLOYED.
EVEN THOSE WHO GET JOBS CAN LOOSE IT AND NEVER GET ANOTHER.

BUSINESS IS EVEN RISKY AND UNPREDICTABLE THESE DAY, YOU CAN WORK SO HARD AND THE GOVT CAN BAN WHATEVER YOU DEAL ON, ARMED ROBBERS CAN TAKE ALL YOU LABORED FOR, EVEN KIDNAPPERS.

CAPITAL REQUIRED TO START BUSINESS TODAY IS VERY HIGH AND AN UNEMPLOYED PERSON MIGHT NOT BE ABLE TO AFFORD IT. SO IT BECOMES VERY DIFFICULT FOR A GIRL TO DECIDE TO MARRY A MAN WHO HAS NOTHING TODAY, BECAUSE THERE IS NO GUARANTY HE WILL HAVE TOMORROW.

THE UNIVERSITY DEGREE IS BECOMING WORTHLESS BY THE DAY IN NIGERIA.[/b]

(1) (Reply)

Did D Guy Go 2 Far? / What Activities Will A Guy Do On His Girlfriend's Birthday? / Dating My Best Friend - Is It A Good Idea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.