Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,175 members, 7,896,983 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 06:17 AM

5 Vitamins For Healthy Skin - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 5 Vitamins For Healthy Skin (15711 Views)

15 Tips To Maintain A Healthy Skin / Vitamins 4 A Glowing Smooth,silky,spotless Skin / Vitamins For Skin & Hair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Vitamins For Healthy Skin by watchindelta(m): 6:34pm On Nov 21, 2012
abeg i wan oyinbo which cream i fit use take do am? Am a blackboy oh!
Re: 5 Vitamins For Healthy Skin by oluchijud(f): 6:46pm On Nov 21, 2012
wazlee:

What can high-vitamin K foods do for you?

Allow your blood to clot normally
Help protect your bones from fracture
Help prevent postmenopausal bone loss
Help prevent calcification of your arteries
Provide possible protection against liver and prostate cancer
What events can indicate a need for more high-vitamin K foods?

Excessive bleeding, including heavy menstrual bleeding, gum bleeding, bleeding within the digestive tract, or nosebleeding
Easy bruising
Problems with calcification of the blood vessels or heart valves
Problems with bone fracture or bone weakening
Excellent sources of vitamin K include parsley, kale, spinach, Brussels sprouts, Swiss chard, green beans, asparagus, broccoli, kale, mustard greens, turnip greens, collard greens, thyme, romaine lettuce, sage, oregano, cabbage, celery, sea vegetables, cucumber, leeks, cauliflower, tomatoes, and blueberries.
. (if ua a nigerian)... I thought nutrition education is supposed 2 encourage indegenous foods or food sources.. U can't list so many 4reign vegetables n expect pple 2 learn or gain 4rm wateva msg ua tryin 2 pass across.. Y not go make research on more indegenous foods and stop copying n pasting 4rm American Food Guides..

1 Like

Re: 5 Vitamins For Healthy Skin by Afam4eva(m): 6:49pm On Nov 21, 2012
MOst of these articles that you guys post are meant for Americans. Can someone name fruits or foods that contain these vitamins.
Re: 5 Vitamins For Healthy Skin by evinduks: 6:57pm On Nov 21, 2012
The tips came in handy.I eat more of any food dat has vegetables in dem.Anytin i eat,i must put vegetables n citrus drinks.its nice.

1 Like

Re: 5 Vitamins For Healthy Skin by vislabraye(m): 6:58pm On Nov 21, 2012
I also heard se()men contains all these vitamins.
Re: 5 Vitamins For Healthy Skin by Nobody: 6:58pm On Nov 21, 2012
afam4eva: MOst of these articles that you guys post are meant for Americans. Can someone name fruits or foods that contain these vitamins.

Avocado is a very rich source of Vit E
Orange is a rich source of Vit C,

Those are the ones I am sure of, Avocado works lyk magic, eat one avocado a day and your skin would glow besides its from the inside of your body and not just creams and lotions as earlier stated by the poster

1 Like

Re: 5 Vitamins For Healthy Skin by evinduks: 6:59pm On Nov 21, 2012
evinduks: The tips came in handy.I eat more of any food dat has vegetables in dem.Anytin i eat,i must put vegetables n citrus drinks.its nice.
Re: 5 Vitamins For Healthy Skin by JynxDane: 7:21pm On Nov 21, 2012
Need healthy looking skin? take lots & lots of water, 9 glass cups a day would do.
Re: 5 Vitamins For Healthy Skin by donotbanme1: 7:39pm On Nov 21, 2012
emyibe: what are the sources of vitamin k

You can source vitamin K from Kunu, Wara, Zobo, garri soaked with groundnut(fried with the hub), shaki, efo oriro to mention but a few.
Re: 5 Vitamins For Healthy Skin by donotbanme1: 7:43pm On Nov 21, 2012
Valiantvaliant: Does this cure or at least prevent Pimpus, Exima and stretch marks?

You need Clotrimazole(anti-fungi) to cure eczema. You need neomedrol to ban pimples. I do not know the cure for stretch marks.
Re: 5 Vitamins For Healthy Skin by donotbanme1: 7:46pm On Nov 21, 2012
vislabraye: Also high level of oestrogen helps brightens the skin.

Women who are pregnant and those who have active sex life have very radiant skin.
If you doubt me, just find out.

Teacher, take am easy.

We know, but we no go agree with you.
Re: 5 Vitamins For Healthy Skin by Nobody: 7:47pm On Nov 21, 2012
do not ban me:

You need Clotrimazole(anti-fungi) to cure eczema. You need neomedrol to ban pimples. I do not know the cure for stretch marks.

Apply shea butter for some months to stretch marks
Re: 5 Vitamins For Healthy Skin by AdeniyiA(m): 7:51pm On Nov 21, 2012
do not ban me:
...i go must BAN u
Re: 5 Vitamins For Healthy Skin by koolg: 8:32pm On Nov 21, 2012
tevinsolt: while vitamin A might be good, it is also dangerous. too much of it could cause blindness, it also triggers osteoclasts, cells that removes calcium from osteocytes, which could eventually cause osteoporosis and probably kidney stones.

Pls sir can you help us break this down?
Re: 5 Vitamins For Healthy Skin by koolg: 8:36pm On Nov 21, 2012
JynxDane: Need healthy looking skin? take lots & lots of water, 9 glass cups a day would do.

Too much water wey person no urinate comot no be wahala?
Re: 5 Vitamins For Healthy Skin by JynxDane: 8:50pm On Nov 21, 2012
koolg:

Too much water wey person no urinate comot no be wahala?

Nop. . two much of every thing is bad quite alright.. But clean drinking water is an exceptiOn... nd trust me, ur bladder wont dull.. So.... Drink awaaaay!
Re: 5 Vitamins For Healthy Skin by ferhyntorlah(f): 9:03pm On Nov 21, 2012
Havilah93: what about vitamin D?

Just stay in the sun to get it; it's free from nature.
Re: 5 Vitamins For Healthy Skin by koolg: 9:20pm On Nov 21, 2012
vislabraye: Also high level of oestrogen helps brightens the skin.

Women who are pregnant and those who have active sex life have very radiant skin.
If you doubt me, just find out.

Chaaai
Naim be say bukky, tola, blessing de kwaf steady, those gels sha, I bin no trust †hem b4 sef
As my oga don taljk say babe wey her skin de shine na due to congo shining
Re: 5 Vitamins For Healthy Skin by Josephnice: 9:24pm On Nov 21, 2012
Julieccentric: You are simply what you eat, eat lots of fruits and it would tell on your skin.
Besides, an apple a day takes the doctor a step away, we need to introduce eating of fruits and vegetables into our daily food consumption.

Also, I think Jergens is good for the skin especially the one with shea butter content.

i thought original scent of jergens is the most active one, tried the healing trend b4, everyone keeps complaining of me becoming more darker
Re: 5 Vitamins For Healthy Skin by ryback(m): 10:58pm On Nov 21, 2012
emyibe: what are the sources of vitamin k

Vegetables....mostly green vegetables
Re: 5 Vitamins For Healthy Skin by ryback(m): 11:03pm On Nov 21, 2012
afam4eva: MOst of these articles that you guys post are meant for Americans. Can someone name fruits or foods that contain these vitamins.

My dear if you read the this article you ll see some suggested food that contains these vitamins.... For Vit...K use vegetable mostly green vegetable..
Re: 5 Vitamins For Healthy Skin by ryback(m): 11:05pm On Nov 21, 2012
evinduks: The tips came in handy.I eat more of any food dat has vegetables in dem.Anytin i eat,i must put vegetables n citrus drinks.its nice.

Thanks... glad you find it helpful and useful...am sure you ve a sparklin skin
Re: 5 Vitamins For Healthy Skin by ryback(m): 11:12pm On Nov 21, 2012
do not ban me:

These 5 vitamins are for HEALTHY Skin...so YES! It PREVENTS bt does nt cure skin diseases...
Re: 5 Vitamins For Healthy Skin by ryback(m): 11:16pm On Nov 21, 2012
koolg:

Pls sir can you help us break this down?

As you all know too much of everything is as bad as too little of everything... Hence be cautions of ur intake. Take moderately and responsibily....
Re: 5 Vitamins For Healthy Skin by LadyWinona: 11:18pm On Nov 21, 2012
Just thought I should post this when I saw this topic on the front page. Pls and pls, intake of Vit A tablet can cause severe teratogenic effects for the pregnant ladies. In other words, taking Vit A while pregnant esp in the first trimester can cause serious damage to ur baby and since most women are unaware they are pregnant till well into their 2nd month, it only stands to reason that u avoid the drug.
Secondly, there are 3 vitamins listed there that are fat soluble namely Vit A, E and K. If these vitamins are taken in excess, it comes with its own side effects. Vit A can give u meningism that is equivalent to having same symptoms to one afflicted with meningitis. K will cause uncontrolled bleeding and while I'm not too sure about E, as long as it's fat soluble n taken in excess, it can and will give u adverse effects.

So, in summary, pls be careful. From experience, eating a well-balanced diet and exercising right with minimum stress are key factors to help ur skin. My 2 cents.
Re: 5 Vitamins For Healthy Skin by ryback(m): 11:23pm On Nov 21, 2012
Lady Winona: Just thought I should post this when I saw this topic on the front page. Pls and pls, intake of Vit A tablet can cause severe teratogenic effects for the pregnant ladies. In other words, taking Vit A while pregnant esp in the first trimester can cause serious damage to ur baby and since most women are unaware they are pregnant till well into their 2nd month, it only stands to reason that u avoid the drug.
Secondly, there are 3 vitamins listed there that are fat soluble namely Vit A, E and K. If these vitamins are taken in excess, it comes with its own side effects. Vit A can give u meningism that is equivalent to having same symptoms to one afflicted with meningitis. K will cause uncontrolled bleeding and while I'm not too sure about E, as long as it's fat soluble n taken in excess, it can and will give u adverse effects.

So, in summary, pls be careful. From experience, eating a well-balanced diet and exercising right with minimum stress are key factors to help ur skin. My 2 cents.

NOTED...
Re: 5 Vitamins For Healthy Skin by ryback(m): 11:23pm On Nov 21, 2012
Lady Winona: Just thought I should post this when I saw this topic on the front page. Pls and pls, intake of Vit A tablet can cause severe teratogenic effects for the pregnant ladies. In other words, taking Vit A while pregnant esp in the first trimester can cause serious damage to ur baby and since most women are unaware they are pregnant till well into their 2nd month, it only stands to reason that u avoid the drug.

NOTED...
Re: 5 Vitamins For Healthy Skin by blueghost(m): 9:18am On Nov 22, 2012
Vitamin D
Okiki_Oluwa: Abeg wetin be the name of that vitamin wey early morning sun they dash the body?
Re: 5 Vitamins For Healthy Skin by ebizswit(f): 1:02pm On Nov 22, 2012
oluchi jud: . (if ua a nigerian)... I thought nutrition education is supposed 2 encourage indegenous foods or food sources.. U can't list so many 4reign vegetables n expect pple 2 learn or gain 4rm wateva msg ua tryin 2 pass across.. Y not go make research on more indegenous foods and stop copying n pasting 4rm American Food Guides..
u just spoke my mind.
Re: 5 Vitamins For Healthy Skin by ebizswit(f): 1:04pm On Nov 22, 2012
Pls ı luv my present shape, but ı want to knw ow ı could prevent being fat in future or after birth.
Re: 5 Vitamins For Healthy Skin by pete234: 2:21pm On Nov 22, 2012
The mineral zinc is an important component of healthy skin, especially for ... Vitamin C is especially effective at protecting the skin
online florist in rajkot

1 Like

Re: 5 Vitamins For Healthy Skin by ryback(m): 2:25pm On Nov 22, 2012
ebizswit: Pls ı luv my present shape, but ı want to knw ow ı could prevent being fat in future or after birth.

Well Dear, follow these 6 easy ways to get fit after pregnancy, without damaging you body.

1. Start with the right diet. Make sure you have balanced meals and snacks, without too much fat or sugar. You can virtually regain your pre-pregnancy body fitness simply by eating right. What you really need to get fit after pregnancy is to have a good and healthy diet that has adequate nutrition and other element of food, including fat and carbohydrate. Eat a wide variety of foods, including breads, pasta, cereals, rice, vegetables, legumes, fruits, cheese, milk, yogurt, lean meat, poultry, fish, eggs, nuts and seeds.

2. Don't skip meals, especially breakfast. If you think that skipping meals can't help you lose weight, you are totally wrong. Studies show that people who skip breakfast are likely to be heavier than those who eat a healthy breakfast. You need adequate calories and nutrients daily to stay well and healthy. Skipping meals will only lead you to snacking or eating more at the next meal to make up for loss calories.

3. Eat frequently. Instead of skipping meals, a better approach to get fit is to eat small meals frequently all through the day. At the same time, make sure your small meals comprise a variety of nutritious, low-fat, and low-calorie foods. This way you can still get fit, without starving.

4. Drink plenty of water. It is recommended that you should drink at least 10 glasses of water daily. The water will flush toxins from your system and keep you feeling satisfied and full between meals. A lot of times we mistaken thirst pangs with hungry pangs. With you drinking water all day, you are less likely to snack, thus no extra calories.

5. Breastfeed as long as you can. Many mothers do find it easier to lose weight while breastfeeding than at any other time. Breastfeeding burns up the stored fat in your body. In fact, you can easily burn up to 500 calories daily while breastfeeding. As much as breastfeeding as good for your baby, it is as beneficial to you too!

6. Adequate sleep is absolutely essential. As much as you are anxious to bond and spend time with your new baby, it is important that you steal a nap whenever your baby does. Sleep deprivation de-regulates the hormones that control appetite and signals hunger to your brain. The effects may lead to overeating and weight gain. Thus if you want to get fit after pregnancy, get adequate sleep.

wish you all the best

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please help a friend with Low Sperm Count / Emeka Has Syphilis, A Short Story By Aproko Doctor / Amazing Herbs Black Seed Oil Solution To Many Health Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.