Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,404 members, 7,950,895 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 04:27 AM

Will Customs Seize My Imported Laptops? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Will Customs Seize My Imported Laptops? (3185 Views)

Photo: Poultry Products Seized By THE NIGERIA CUSTOMS SERVICES / NDLEA Seize My Package / Nigeria Customs And Dhl Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Customs Seize My Imported Laptops? by ifyclose2(m): 11:33am On Nov 22, 2012
Hello guys,
I am about to start importing laptops from Asia. But I want to know something:...will companies like DHL ship directly to my DOORSTEP in nigeria.....or will the laptops get stuck in customs office, and in which case I will have to visit the customs office to clear them? Please I need your responses here. Thanks
Re: Will Customs Seize My Imported Laptops? by jjbear(m): 11:38am On Nov 22, 2012
GUY U DONT HAVE TO BE AFRAID, DHL WILL SHIP IT DIRECTLY TO YOUR DOOR STEP.BUT DEFINITELY, IT MUST UNDER CUSTOM CHECKS AND CLEARANCE. THAT IS MY LINE OF BIZ TOO.
Re: Will Customs Seize My Imported Laptops? by nwaokoli: 12:21pm On Nov 22, 2012
DHL shipping will be very costly for you, use air freight that will be more convenient for you.
THANKS
Re: Will Customs Seize My Imported Laptops? by osca123(m): 1:57pm On Nov 22, 2012
nwaokoli: DHL shipping will be very costly for you, use air freight that will be more convenient for you.
THANKS
hw does air freight work pls...
Re: Will Customs Seize My Imported Laptops? by osca123(m): 2:01pm On Nov 22, 2012
ifyclose2: Hello guys,
I am about to start importing laptops from Asia. But I want to know something:...will companies like DHL ship directly to my DOORSTEP in nigeria.....or will the laptops get stuck in customs office, and in which case I will have to visit the customs office to clear them? Please I need your responses here. Thanks

make sure to go through customs website 4 list of prohibited items b4 u spend ur hard earned cash ooo!
Re: Will Customs Seize My Imported Laptops? by delgroveng(m): 4:42pm On Nov 22, 2012
Yeah u can send to Nigeria by informal courier services.I will send u an address for your suppliers to deliver to.Then your computer leaves that same day for Nigeria and gets through customs under 24hours. info@delgroveng.com
Re: Will Customs Seize My Imported Laptops? by dav8id(m): 5:49pm On Nov 22, 2012
Custom will not seize your loptops.
Re: Will Customs Seize My Imported Laptops? by newdawn09(m): 7:28pm On Nov 22, 2012
I imported laptops frm China via DHL and i was invited by NDLEA but i cleared my laptops wtout any hazzle. All they just want to see is evidence of payment to show dt u are not yahoo boy. My laptop was shipped to me d folowng day. I contacted DHL when i dscovered dt my goods got stocked when it got to Lagos, as i was monitoring it online frm china to Belgium, germany til it got 2 lagos. I was cald to clarify wt evidence of My payment & dt was it. U dnt av 2be afraid.
Re: Will Customs Seize My Imported Laptops? by Profs: 10:32pm On Nov 22, 2012
@op,custom can not seize your cargo once you follow the normal protocol.DHL charges are much that at the end of your sold out you mght not make a dine.This is my advice as a clearing agent,send your cargo through airline all you have to do is pay for the frieght which is very cheap Asia to nigeria and once your cargo arrive into Nahco you will need to call clearing agent to facilitate the clearing of yous cargo.Phone and laptop are not contraband.The only thing i will tell you is that you is that sould not include the invoice to your cargo cos
once custom see the amount you purchase the items they will want to hold cos they av valuer that will 8alue the worth of your orders.That all for now,4f have any question 08189848346.
Re: Will Customs Seize My Imported Laptops? by dav8id(m): 10:40pm On Nov 22, 2012
newdawn09: I imported laptops frm China via DHL and i was invited by NDLEA but i cleared my laptops wtout any hazzle. All they just want to see is evidence of payment to show dt u are not yahoo boy. My laptop was shipped to me d folowng day. I contacted DHL when i dscovered dt my goods got stocked when it got to Lagos, as i was monitoring it online frm china to Belgium, germany til it got 2 lagos. I was cald to clarify wt evidence of My payment & dt was it. U dnt av 2be afraid.
weting concern NDLEA with laptop imported into d country?

1 Like

Re: Will Customs Seize My Imported Laptops? by hunkydory(m): 10:47pm On Nov 22, 2012
Once you are clean dont live in fear of anybody or authority.

1 Like

Re: Will Customs Seize My Imported Laptops? by lexylexy(m): 11:12pm On Nov 22, 2012
are we talking about fairly used or brand new laptops only.
Re: Will Customs Seize My Imported Laptops? by tomfikky(m): 4:17pm On Nov 24, 2012
hello ifyclose2, please I saw your post on how you couldn't login to your liberty reserve account.
I have the same problem. Whenever I enter my login details the login page just reloads. My details are correct because I get past the login page to my welcome statement on Opera mini.
please what do I do now?

My number is 08060021897
Re: Will Customs Seize My Imported Laptops? by jjbear(m): 6:36pm On Nov 24, 2012
DHL shipping will be very costly for you, use air freight that will be more convenient for you.
THANKS
I order for 10 tablets from china and shipping cost through DHL was $135 but when one of them was faulty, i decided to use DHL to send it back to china i was charged 24k. I think DHL is only expensive when send from NIGERIA.
Re: Will Customs Seize My Imported Laptops? by Chrisvicmall: 8:14pm On Nov 24, 2012
Judging from our experience,Customs won't hold your products. DHL is nice but like others have said, it can be costly. Moreover sometimes DHL hold your product and ask for extra payment.

If you want to start importanting products from China, you can consider using our service which takes about 3-5 days to ship from China to Nigeria at a very low price.

(1) (Reply)

Ice Block Chemical / I Need List Of Nigerian Facebook Groups To Promote My Website / Itunes Gift Cards Needed Bulk. Giving Good Rate.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.