Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,529 members, 7,888,701 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 01:09 PM

Suppose It Is True? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Suppose It Is True? (617 Views)

Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy / Now That T.B. Joshua's Prophecy Is True, Will You Visit/attend His Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suppose It Is True? by lonipeter(m): 1:33pm On Nov 22, 2012
You may have been trying so hard to convince yourself that the Gospel is not true. But have you ever paused for a moment to ask yourself: 'Suppose it is true'?

You say it is not true, because it cannot be substantiated with facts and figures. You cannot accept it because you were not born into it, or because your close friends and allies do not believe it. But wait and ponder a while:

Suppose it is true, that God exists? "...for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him." Hebrews 11:6.

Suppose it is true that, "Nor is there Salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved." Acts 4:12.

Suppose it is true that, "And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this, the judgement." Hebrews 9:27.

Suppose you don't get to live as long as you may wish, to accept the message late in life, because you believe the gospel is to be accepted late in life- after 'enjoying life'. "...behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation." II Corinthians 6:2.

Suppose there is no other time like this to read this eternal message again? The Bible gives an account of people in Noah's generation, who never gave a thought to this same eternal question. They had their reasons for disbelieving Noah. The Ark that was built by Noah through God's counsel was to be the only escape route, but the people mocked at and rejected it. The flood eventually came as God said and only those in the Ark were saved. Suppose this is your own escape route? Suppose this is the only lifeline you have left?

Today, Jesus is the Ark, the only escape from the wrath to come. Do you believe this? Have you ever given it a thought? There was no room for those in Noah's time to change their minds after the door of the Ark had been closed. However, you still have a chance, as the door of our Ark is still open.

Beloved, it is true that God exists. It is true that there is Heaven and Hell. It is true that life on earth will end and it will end when you least expected. It is true that Jesus Christ is coming again. It is true that we will stand before the judgement seat of God. It is true that God is no respecter of persons. If you do not accept JESUS CHRIST as your LORD and PERSONAL SAVIOUR, you will definitely accept Him as your JUDGE.

I therefore urge you to accept the gift of God's Son today, confess your sins and forsake them. Hear what the Scripture says, "That whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved." (Acts 2:21). Remember, your choice today determines your destiny in eternity. Shalom!
Re: Suppose It Is True? by advocate666: 2:04pm On Nov 22, 2012
If it's true, then I'll happily spend eternity with Satan.

1 Like

Re: Suppose It Is True? by RudySmith(m): 2:33pm On Nov 22, 2012
@poster
If it is true then I would have lived a life of fun and happiness on earth and so I wouldn't mind to repent on my death bed and enjoy another life of fun and happiness in heaven.
But imagine if it is just a big white lie, then most of u christian sheep would have had a life of shi.t down here and then a life of rotting in dust after life....poor souls.
Re: Suppose It Is True? by lonipeter(m): 4:13pm On Nov 22, 2012
You will be making a very big mistake if you're thinking of repenting on the sickbed, do you know the percentage of people who die on the sick bed? Very little, I guess, compared with those who die haven planned their meals for the next day. And who told you Christians are living miserably? Jesus is also interested in your success on earth as well as your eternity, check the list of the most successful Nigerians and see what percentage of them are Christians. Let me remind you that this is not about professing religion, it's about saving you from the wrath to come. Decide today, Tomorrow may just be too late!

(1) (Reply)

A Miraculous Prayer For The Year 2013. / Pastor Adeboye's Facebook Page Hits N1m Likes / Question About Conviction?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.