Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,957 members, 7,906,623 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 01:23 PM

Gowon Slams Obasanjo Over Jonathan Attack - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gowon Slams Obasanjo Over Jonathan Attack (13287 Views)

Akiolu Slams Obasanjo, Denies Endorsing Buhari / PDP Governors Prostrate For Obasanjo Over Jonathan / NLC Boss Slams Buhari, Obasanjo Over Muslim-muslim Ticket Row (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gowon Slams Obasanjo Over Jonathan Attack by Celmat(f): 5:49pm On Nov 23, 2012
chuksmad:
i don't think you get it right my friend.Sending soldiers to massacre innocent people at Odi is barbaric and unjustified. If it is your village, will u support the invasion? Hypocrites
goodluck said he knw's dem wat is stopin him to attack.
Re: Gowon Slams Obasanjo Over Jonathan Attack by tomakint: 7:08pm On Nov 23, 2012
991:

Keep off that computer kid! Go wash plates in the kitchen, mom will soon be home.
I really appreciate the way you answered that 'lacasera' guy, he is too young to understand simple logic that Gowon is not the type to open his mouth and castigate an Obj for a crime he is as well more guilty of!

1 Like

Re: Gowon Slams Obasanjo Over Jonathan Attack by Nobody: 7:24pm On Nov 23, 2012
naughtybig: ....i will feel bad. But the crime of my younger brother is also the crime of my parents and of me, it shows how irresponsible we have been in raising him. I would gladly die too. In ancient societies, when a man commits treason,not only is he killed but also his family up to three generations! Even God before jesus came said he would visit the sins of the father upon the children up to the 7th generations! Lesson, lets build better families we would have a better nation.
Bro this is nonsense so because God says he visit the sin on sevent generation then human being shld do same! Ok let see. God can create life, do human create life? Then why will you take one away!! Pls come up with another story. What Obj did is total wrong same thing with gowon in the name of looking for their enemies then millions and thousands shld die. They both ediot especially gowon!
Re: Gowon Slams Obasanjo Over Jonathan Attack by freedman4ever(m): 7:35pm On Nov 23, 2012
lightheart: And Oga Gowon did not send soldiers to massacre innocentis during the Nigeria-Biafra fiasco baa?
All this double standards sha.
.my dear brother your are current l fully support you.Gowon is devil in human form Gowon let me ask you,do you know that idiam of Uganda is far better than you,Gowon is the highest blood sucker can you remember how many millions of igbos you killed for selfish reason.God must surely bring you to book.

1 Like

Re: Gowon Slams Obasanjo Over Jonathan Attack by Nobody: 7:41pm On Nov 23, 2012
If i may ask. How many thousands of innocent nigerians died under GEJs watch via BH? And how many died thru JTFs brutality? How many died through his reluctance to tackle corruption?
Gowon should do the math, subtract it from the people that died in odi & zaki biam and tell GEJ cos our president seems to be very poor in calculation.

If the so called developed nations of the world that african leaders worships failed to take necessary decisions in the face of security challenges then earth would have been one giant banana republic.
GEJ should accept criticisms, do his job and stop listening to old windbags!
Re: Gowon Slams Obasanjo Over Jonathan Attack by COOLDUN: 8:03pm On Nov 23, 2012
thelastPope:

I am amazed at the level of ignorance Nigerians display sometimes. Please tell me, do you think a band of militants in a village will kill 9 soldiers and then wait in the same village for the military to come and attack them there? I need an answer please. Thank you.

Which means that the people which the JTF parades as the captured Boko Haram members from the places they unleash their terroristic attacks, are not the Boko Haram members? as you made us to know that they will never stay put , where they strike.I wonder how Gowon who ordered and supervised the execution of Igbo/Biafrans in their millions is today a celebrated saint. Any town that harbors criminals are also criminals, the criminals killed the security personnel , ran into their houses and pretended to be civilians , shielded and protected by their people, and later cried out more louder than the slain security personnel families. If you sympathize with Odi and Zaki Bian people, then what about the slain security personnel? Are they not Nigerians? Force should be used where it is necessary.

As for you Gowon, keep on pretending to be a saint, the blood of the innocent men, women and children you killed in the Biafra Nation will keep on hunting you, until you openly confess and apologize to the Igbo and South Easterners. GEJ, if you are not ready to be hard on the Terrorists, then you should stop wasting the tax payer’s fund, on your security votes. 2015 will show you the new Nigerians, which you and co CABALS, have never imagined. I am not a fan to OBJ, but Gowon should shut up and wait for his grave soon.
Re: Gowon Slams Obasanjo Over Jonathan Attack by jeak123(m): 8:08pm On Nov 23, 2012
at times we come to this forum to show our poor understanding of politics and state governance. we are complaining that Obj sent in soldiers to Odi forgetting that the community killed 9 soldiers. so those soldiers had no families, no towns where they come from. if every one start killing soldiers posted to their own areas, how many of the soldiers would be left? its only in Nigeria that a soldier is killed and it means nothing to everybody. in other civilized countries, u cant try that. look at the way GEJ is romancing BH members. do we all think any real leader will sit down and be negotiating with killers and terrorists. NO. but here we are doing that thinking it will bring about peace. well lets watch and see.

1 Like

Re: Gowon Slams Obasanjo Over Jonathan Attack by mbaemeka(m): 9:00pm On Nov 23, 2012
not only did the soldiers have families and kinsmen but the manner in which they were brutally murdered can only be rivalled by the Aluu killings. Some of them had their body parts detached. Some were charred openly. Pictures were shown, some members of the village even cheering. Obj did the right thing (if we have to start juxtaposing 2 evil actions-his with Gowons). He even asked the communities to provide the culprits but they called his bluff. Absolute force was imperative!

GEJ is indeed lily livered. He refused to speak on the Aluu killings. He just condemned all the bombings and killings. Many Nigerians have since passed and yet he remains fixated on regurgitating the same "we are ontop of the situation". Doesnt he get tired of lying to Nigerians?
Re: Gowon Slams Obasanjo Over Jonathan Attack by Homebaked: 9:27pm On Nov 23, 2012
[quote author=thelastPope]

I am amazed at the level of ignorance Nigerians display sometimes. Please tell me, do you think a band of militants in a village will kill 9 soldiers and then wait in the same village for the military to come and attack them there? I need an answer please. Thank you.[/quote the militants did not operate from outer space. They resided in Odi and were probably hailed as heroes by the locals while the carried out the butchering of the security men. The same scenario played out when the boko haram guys were sheltered by their sympathetic community after acts of terror. Should such community not be culpable?
Re: Gowon Slams Obasanjo Over Jonathan Attack by ochukoccna: 11:26pm On Nov 23, 2012
paveinc: YOU SHOULD ADDRESS HIM BY MR PRESIDENT PLS
In your dreams joker cool cool
Re: Gowon Slams Obasanjo Over Jonathan Attack by chessguru1(m): 3:30am On Nov 24, 2012
lightheart: And Oga Gowon did not send soldiers to massacre innocentis during the Nigeria-Biafra fiasco baa?
All this double standards sha.
Una no dey ever tire wit dis biafra song
Re: Gowon Slams Obasanjo Over Jonathan Attack by chessguru1(m): 3:39am On Nov 24, 2012
naughtybig: ....i will feel bad. But the crime of my younger brother is also the crime of my parents and of me, it shows how irresponsible we have been in raising him. I would gladly die too. In ancient societies, when a man commits treason,not only is he killed but also his family up to three generations! Even God before jesus came said he would visit the sins of the father upon the children up to the 7th generations! Lesson, lets build better families we would have a better nation.
See dis guy dey form hero onto NL, hidden behind d safety of his laptop.
So you would gladly die for d sins of ur brother ehh. Clap 4 ur self. Then why shld it stop there nah. Maybe ur children too shld die, then ur wife.. Do u now see the stupidity in ur statement. # Rubbish
Re: Gowon Slams Obasanjo Over Jonathan Attack by chessguru1(m): 3:52am On Nov 24, 2012
jeak123: at times we come to this forum to show our poor understanding of politics and state governance. we are complaining that Obj sent in soldiers to Odi forgetting that the community killed 9 soldiers. so those soldiers had no families, no towns where they come from. if every one start killing soldiers posted to their own areas, how many of the soldiers would be left? its only in Nigeria that a soldier is killed and it means nothing to everybody. in other civilized countries, u cant try that. look at the way GEJ is romancing BH members. do we all think any real leader will sit down and be negotiating with killers and terrorists. NO. but here we are doing that thinking it will bring about peace. well lets watch and see.
So in ur view real leaders wld have justed sent a nuclear bomb 2 d place shey. Park well jor. If GEJ inherited a functioning intelligence system from dis same OBJ nd Gowon nd d rest, just like obama nd other current presidents of developed countries inherited performing institutions from their predecessors, we won't b spewing all dis grammar here.
Re: Gowon Slams Obasanjo Over Jonathan Attack by chessguru1(m): 4:01am On Nov 24, 2012
All dis one na story. All these old political clowns can continue fooling demselves for all I care. From gowon to obj to ibb. They are all the reason why nigeria is as fuc*ked up as it is 2day. In any other decent country, non of dem wld. have d moral right 2 say anything. Their planless nd visionless style of leadership is the reason why we are suffering today.
Re: Gowon Slams Obasanjo Over Jonathan Attack by gp66(m): 7:38am On Nov 24, 2012
dewize01: I think i buy the principle of 'take an action and let posteririty judge'. Not taking any action at all is an attribute of a coward.

i pray that the action should be taken in ur community so that u will be smiling when u see ur parents and grand parents been consumed by d action u clamour for. Barbaric being like u.
Re: Gowon Slams Obasanjo Over Jonathan Attack by anulaxad(m): 1:24pm On Nov 24, 2012
ochukoccna:
In your dreams joker cool cool
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy your very funnny but who would support mothersuckmycocker he better not win 2015
Re: Gowon Slams Obasanjo Over Jonathan Attack by tundamartin: 10:16am On Jul 20, 2013
I like Obasanjo's no nonsense attitude towards militancy or insurgency because a softer approach will harden them. I also respect Gowon for keeping Nigeria one.
Re: Gowon Slams Obasanjo Over Jonathan Attack by tundamartin: 10:32am On Jul 20, 2013
COOLDUN:

Which means that the people which the JTF parades as the captured Boko Haram members from the places they unleash their terroristic attacks, are not the Boko Haram members? as you made us to know that they will never stay put , where they strike.I wonder how Gowon who ordered and supervised the execution of Igbo/Biafrans in their millions is today a celebrated saint. Any town that harbors criminals are also criminals, the criminals killed the security personnel , ran into their houses and pretended to be civilians , shielded and protected by their people, and later cried out more louder than the slain security personnel families. If you sympathize with Odi and Zaki Bian people, then what about the slain security personnel? Are they not Nigerians? Force should be used where it is necessary.

As for you Gowon, keep on pretending to be a saint, the blood of the innocent men, women and children you killed in the Biafra Nation will keep on hunting you, until you openly confess and apologize to the Igbo and South Easterners. GEJ, if you are not ready to be hard on the Terrorists, then you should stop wasting the tax payer’s fund, on your security votes. 2015 will show you the new Nigerians, which you and co CABALS, have never imagined. I am not a fan to OBJ, but Gowon should shut up and wait for his grave soon.

Guy, why blame Gen.Gowon for war casualties? Did you forget it was a war? Unfortunately in war people get killed! You may not like it but to millions of Nigerians General Gowon is a national hero! If not for his dogged determination and statesmanship, there would not have been the Nigeria you know today.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Military Releases Detained Al Jazeera Journalists / Lai Mohammed: We Have Uncovered 476 Online Sites Set Up To Fight Govermnent / Atiku Asks President Buhari To Sign Nigeria Startup Bill When NASS Passes It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.