Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,790 members, 7,889,576 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 03:38 PM

Should Women Be Obligated To Vote For A Woman? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Women Be Obligated To Vote For A Woman? (775 Views)

It’s Time To Vote Out ‘I Will Do President’ – Amaechi Blasts Jonathan / 2015: Should Women Be Given Chance To Rule Nigeria? / Should Women Rule Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Women Be Obligated To Vote For A Woman? by mystikal(m): 2:07am On Feb 08, 2008
Okay this is for the Women in the House

Should women feel obligated to vote for Hillary Clinton just because she’s a woman?
Re: Should Women Be Obligated To Vote For A Woman? by Lady2(f): 2:24am On Feb 08, 2008
Absolutely not.

Just because she's a woman does not mean she has the interest of women at heart. She doesn't represent women well. She makes us look bad.
Re: Should Women Be Obligated To Vote For A Woman? by Dreloaded(f): 2:27am On Feb 08, 2008
should blacks be obligated to vote for Obama?

Lady, how does she makes "us" look "bad"?
Re: Should Women Be Obligated To Vote For A Woman? by almondjoy(f): 3:45pm On Feb 08, 2008
Bullshit!

Did you hear what Oprah said when some stupid women started this kind of logic? All because she endorsed Obama?

I quote her-----------------"I am not only a woman BUT A FREE WOMAN"!!!!!

Only weak minded women and mental slaves will think that they have to vote for a woman.  You exercise your God-given rights as a free individual in "THE FREE WORLD" to choose your candidates and damn what any other person thinks.

I choose to believe that "slavery days" are over.  I think I may be dead wrong!
Re: Should Women Be Obligated To Vote For A Woman? by Lady2(f): 8:09pm On Feb 08, 2008
@ D-reloaded

The silly woman went and cried on national television after she lost a state to Obama. What kind of foolishness is that?
She took us way back with that. Why did she have to cry to get pity votes. It shows that women can't truly be in a "man's world" and our last resort is to cry to get what we want.
She made women look weak.
Re: Should Women Be Obligated To Vote For A Woman? by uspry1(f): 8:49pm On Feb 08, 2008
No, I don't feel obligated to vote for Hillary Clinton because of she is woman. Neither for Barack Obama because of he is black.

Focus on what the next US President has offer for Americans to be changed for better based on their: experience, characteristics, leadership, accomplishments, education/career background, and their belief. Also problem-solver and finding issues resolutions/reforms.

Not based on gender or skin of color or where he/she comes from!!!
Re: Should Women Be Obligated To Vote For A Woman? by almondjoy(f): 1:26am On Feb 09, 2008
I think we are all clear on this topic then. Nothing more to add.
Re: Should Women Be Obligated To Vote For A Woman? by ellaluchi: 4:29pm On Feb 09, 2008
[b][/b][b][/b]THIS IS NOT MEANT TO BE A GENDER THING OR WHATEVER,
Re: Should Women Be Obligated To Vote For A Woman? by folahann(m): 10:50pm On Feb 09, 2008
If the women decide to do this for a woman; they will actually show how important they are but i don't see it happening
Re: Should Women Be Obligated To Vote For A Woman? by joblinker: 12:31pm On Feb 11, 2008
@poster,
I like ur mindset

(1) (Reply)

"About As Honest As You Could Expect For A Nigerian." / Need Help / Independence For Kosovo: For Or Against

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.