Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,779 members, 7,969,309 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 03:29 AM

20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? (35071 Views)

Olusegun Obasanjo Lands In Maiduguri For A 2-day Working Visit.. See Photos / Boko Haram Fuel Dump Discovered In Maiduguri (Photos) / Man Beaten ‘blue-black’ For Wearing APC Cap In Nyesom Wike’s Home Town - Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by pak: 1:02pm On Nov 24, 2012
Jarus: "First, the Nigerian federation is not a federation of religions, but of states. Whereas states with overwhelming Muslim majorities may legislate for themselves shari’ah laws for their Muslim populations, the non-Muslim indigenes of those states are equal in every respect to the Muslim majority. Their complete freedom of religion, including freedom from harassment for non-conformity to the tenets of Muslim law in their choice of dress or food or drink etc. must be guaranteed and protected. In this regard, the various groups set up under the name of Hisbah corps must be restrained from interfering in any manner with the lifestyle of non-Muslims, particularly where the offence they are accused of is only an offence under shari’ah law. Such incidents as attacks on bars or beer-trucks or hotels arguably represent an attempt to force non-Muslims to live by the dietary or moral laws of the shari’ah."

Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, 'Muslim Community in a multi-religious milieu', Accra, Ghana, 2003.

God bless you Jarus .
I'll want to believe you are a muslim ?
However, I'll like to add that such sentiments should also be extended to muslims (not just non muslims).
There should be no compulsion in religious because even within religious groups we have distinct parties with differing opinions
on how the faith should be practiced so it is live and let's live.
Whether am a muslim or not I should not be compelled to follow any form of religious laws. (I have met learned muslims who believe sharia should be practiced as personal rules and not enforced. so what do you say about those ?)

There are always a thing line when you say hisbah can harrass muslims and not non muslims. What if my parents are not both muslims ? do I qualify as a non muslim ? what if I decide to change religion (which I have a right as a human and citizen to do ) ?
Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by Caseless: 1:47pm On Nov 24, 2012
tintingz: brother am not a christian i replied that biggot samkoro's lies with alien's own. . .
sorry brother! Ddont bother urself over those lies-peddlers called nigerian christain. The nigerian xtains are the worst set of xtains u can find anywhere in the world...they knw nothing...smh.
Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by tpia1: 2:39pm On Nov 24, 2012
If the story cant be verified then its obviously fake.

But, in the meantime, what type of woman lives in the north and wears miniskirts? Is that not the height of s.tupidity? What are you trying to prove?

1 Like

Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by omowest1: 3:33pm On Nov 24, 2012
rampant lover: @Omo West...... It seems you are mentally unstable, everyone know this dumb a*s religion fit for only wild beasts.
EVERYONE? That alone is enough to tell me you are retard kid and you need ur brain to be upgrade, surely your brain version has expired .... Read what the mature and intellectual christian are saying ... Mumu
Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by omowest1: 4:14pm On Nov 24, 2012
Cunninlingus: Time to free yourselves from this evil Arab Jinn called Islam
My dear brother, if you called islam Arab religion, so christianity is Naija religion? Dont fool yourself with all those rubish you wrote, even among the xtian alone is enough to know that all xtian are confused, have you taken your time to look for article that write about the confusn in xtianity? I guess no, do you know that even you as long as you are not jehova witness you are worshiping satan said the witness, is better to accept you dont have a religion than to call urself a xtian because even Jesus never said anything like CHRISTIAN in the real bible, he only preaches oness of God and not religion .... Qoute me wrong
Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Nov 24, 2012
pak: NEW REPORTS COMING IN SUGGEST THAT THE VICTIMS WERE KILLED BECAUSE THEY WERE SUSPECTED JTF INFORMERS
AND THAT THE DEATH TOLL WAS 5 AND NOT 20.

The latter version actually seem more plausible.

I remember an initial poster saying that with time different version of the event will start to emerge from different quarters quoting differing figures
another boko haram sympathiser
Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by Mustay(m): 5:53pm On Nov 24, 2012
I stopped reading Vanguard a long time as such unfounded stories help their FB page and website. True, I've learnt to be sane to avoid such threads - my fear however is the perpetual ignorance of these youths on NL who are too lazy to seive the wheat from the chaff.

People need to learn how to use their brain to analyze information from the media. This is the same Maiduguri where most southern-based Nigerian newspapers don't bother to visit but source stories cos of their staff.

What the report the OP posted is stastically called 'Data mining bias' - an attempt to draw lines to connect with each other in any lucky way.
Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by Mentcee(m): 6:09pm On Nov 24, 2012
It is quite unfortunate the way comments are randomely and unreasonably sensored on this forum and comments hidden; pls Mr. Cunninlingus, u seem to have been banned and I just read thro ur highly informative pieces on NL.highly inspiring and erudite. Kindly reach me on mentcee@mail.com. I need to get more of u. Pls! Quite unfortunate.
Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by Mentcee(m): 7:56pm On Nov 24, 2012
Can some one visit http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1575199/posts

Thanks, @ all+ banning mods!
Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by COOLDUN: 8:41pm On Nov 24, 2012
Ezeufi:

They don't represent christianity, that is your opinion madam.

They fact is they said they kill for christianity.
George Bush said he is waging crusade, and I've a link to video evidence to that. Tony Blair said his decision to invade Iraq was made by God, and Anders Breivik said he was to kill muslims in europe to protect european christian identity. These are facts and not opinions.

I don't know your level of education and understanding, but when I was at University I was taught that opinions cannot supercede evidence.

In Qur'an we are taught that conjecture cannot substitute the truth.

Which university did you attend? Which course did you study? I have been reading your trash without any meaningful points picked, only showing your indirectly support of violence in your religion. Who told you that the Norwegian killer killed for the Christianity? Who told you that he is a Christian? Have you ever heard of the neo Nazi supporters known as the skin heads in Europe? They spare no one that is not considered white superiors. They hate blacks and other races that are not pure whites. Their anger on the muslims is the way you hide your women, but like to destroy other peoples’ women. Eg was a Somalia immigrant girl who was slaughtered by his brother and father, for falling in love with a Swedish man that is not a muslim. They also hate Indians for the same reasons. Get your facts well before commenting here.

You are a huasa/Fulani man with an Igbo id on nairaland. Sadam Hussein killed many Iraqis in whose name? Ayatollah Khomeini fought war with Iraq for 8 years under Iran in whose name? The war is Syria now is fought under whose name? No killer ever kills for the Christians because violence is never given any room in Christianity take it or leave it. Any rebel group can adopt any name, but not fighting, killing in the name of Christianity.
Holy bible is never recited before killing anyone in the name of the living God, which the Christians believe in. you cannot justify evil, by pretense, from your comments one could easily know your stand in this matter. Stop pretending to dislike the good news from your holy warriors.

I don’t blame you people for the senseless killings of the stubborn Igbo people, who decided to die in your hands by still living in your northern towns till this moment. They deserve what they got. Hence it is only where they are not welcomed, they believe they will survive in, let them continue to be committing the suicide they call deaths. I will never sympathize with any fellow that chose to die where he/she could avoid the death by relocating to his/her safer places. Before a month we shall hear another senseless killing of the Igbo/Southerners in a flimsy excuses.

1 Like

Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by Nobody: 1:11am On Nov 25, 2012
taharqa: Just look at d way you chose yr qualifiers carefully: i wont inflict pain on DECENT human being, esp in dier place of worship, you say. So what of if the human being is not 'decent'? I hv had discussions with ordinarily sane Muslims who almost by default use these kinds of qualifying words esp 'innocent'; the questn i find myself asking is who defines the 'innocense' of a human being? Is it just any person or any group or an islamically constituted authority? Cos i think dis questn is at the heart of the kind of terroism we see in d world today.... For eg, who or what defined the 'innocence' or other wise of that Igbo tailor who was said to hv mispronouncd and then insultd d Prophet yterday; who also determind d 'innocense' of oda 'innocent' Igbos that died cos of d misundastanding? The mob? Lets just cut the chase: wud you determind all by yrself the 'innocence' of a person who insultd the prophet in yr presence, and if you had a knife wud u use it then and there? Or wud you wait for a constitutd authority to pass judgement?
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE YOU TO DISCERN THAT HE IS A BOKO HARAM MEMBER... I rather buy jets than take lives...smh...
Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by Nobody: 1:16am On Nov 25, 2012
Ezeufi:

They don't represent christianity, that is your opinion madam.

They fact is they said they kill for christianity.
George Bush said he is waging crusade, and I've a link to video evidence to that. Tony Blair said his decision to invade Iraq was made by God, and Anders Breivik said he was to kill muslims in europe to protect european christian identity. These are facts and not opinions.

I don't know your level of education and understanding, but when I was at University I was taught that opinions cannot supercede evidence.

In Qur'an we are taught that conjecture cannot substitute the truth.

You kill... and you foolishly defend it... HMMMM... THATS YOUR RELIGION IS DULL AND DRY...taking human lives just like that! Muslims= killers...ain't bad..
Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by Nobody: 1:21am On Nov 25, 2012
confusion247:
Too bad that you have all the knowledge but you don't know that it is morally wrong to take someone's life. Just answer all the questions put to you to showcase your knowledge.

What knowledge? Quran in his head? .mmmttcheeew... they are d most, proud, illiterate sect of humans on earth...
Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by Nobody: 1:37am On Nov 25, 2012
emusmith:

What knowledge? Quran in his head? .mmmttcheeew... they are d most, proud, illiterate sect of humans on earth...
The one in bold is the most annoying thing about them. I don't like it when they exhibit such appalling behavior in many conditions!
Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by Nobody: 1:44am On Nov 25, 2012
POTUT:
Hey, when you meet a true muslim, you'll realize you're wrong.

We have pastors preaching prosperity and peddling miracles that don't glorify Christ right? Is that Christianity? But they all call themselves christians, and we helplessly accommodate them.

On the subject matter, how did this occur during curfew hours? Wasn't there a military or police patrol?
Until GEJ mandates all GSM companies to reserve short code 999 and make it toll free, insecurity will continue to plague this country. Why isn't this emergency short code issue on the front burner at Aso Rock?
Oh GEJ...please ask for wisdom...use your head!

Shut up...“pastors preaching prosperity“ should they preach poverty before or maybe kill 1 and get 10 ladies free“ in paradise“. Peddling miracles... mmmtccheeew... Give your comments and stop comparing Christianity with your religion... we know better than taking the lives of others.
Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by sambos994(m): 1:58am On Nov 25, 2012
Religion! Religion! Religion! Can't you see? For all you Muslims out there.....all those suicide bombings what were they in the name of? All the maiming....what were they in the name of? All the slaughterings....what were they in the name of? ALLAH!!!

Now for all you so called "Christians". All those crusades that led to deaths, who were they in the name of? All those rapings of muslim women back in the middle ages, what were in the name of? All those priests abusing children, what were they in the name of?

STOP THIS RELIGIOUS BIGOTRY AND OPEN YOUR EYES. I'm sick and tired of all this happening on NL! Don't you guys see that Boko Haram is using islam for a scapegoat? This is carried out by northern politicians who want power, and they WILL do anything to get it! Don't you guys remember that Boko Haram leader that was caught in the senators house?
Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by Ezeufi: 1:59am On Nov 25, 2012
COOLDUN:

Which university did you attend? Which course did you study?

You are a huasa/Fulani man with an Igbo id on nairaland.

I went to Cardiff Uni; for both undergrad and postgrad.

And about me being a "huasa/Fulani" with an igbo id... as you put it; again a guess is not a substitute of the truth.

By the way, the story of 20 women getting killed has been confirmed to be a fabrication. grin grin grin

One wonders how many more of stories like this are nothing but bullcrap grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Swearing-In Of Ministers: Garba Shehu's Tweet Shows Confusion In The Presidency / Why Peter Obi Went To Egypt - Doyin Okupe Explains / Throwback Photo Of Yahaya Bello And His Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.