Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,605 members, 7,944,791 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 03:26 AM

Can You Speak Your Mother Tongue Fluently? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Can You Speak Your Mother Tongue Fluently? (645 Views)

How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? / Titilayo :: The White Girl Tha Speaks Yoruba Fluently / Do You Speak Yoruba? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Speak Your Mother Tongue Fluently? by dkc(m): 10:11pm On Nov 23, 2012
Its common to see people combining their mother tongue with english language, some can't speak their mother tongue at all. Its appaling and sad 'cos we are gradually losing our mother tongue to english language. what's your language? can you speak it fluently, how did you learn it? what effort are you making to learn or teach others your mother tongue
Re: Can You Speak Your Mother Tongue Fluently? by k2039: 11:16pm On Nov 23, 2012
You mean my first tongue,yes I can.
Infact I prefer to speak in yoruba language than english.

I'm clamouring for UTME to restructure the use of english to cover just 50% and one's mother tongue to cover the other 50%.
I need you guys to support my cause.

1 Like

Re: Can You Speak Your Mother Tongue Fluently? by Nobody: 6:26am On Nov 24, 2012
k2039: You mean my first tongue,yes I can.
Infact I prefer to speak in yoruba language than english.

I'm clamouring for UTME to restructure the use of english to cover just 50% and one's mother tongue to cover the other 50%.
I need you guys to support my cause.

I support your cause..
Re: Can You Speak Your Mother Tongue Fluently? by Nobody: 6:27am On Nov 24, 2012
I speak mine, and yours and even his. cool
Re: Can You Speak Your Mother Tongue Fluently? by Emmyk(m): 1:30pm On Nov 24, 2012
I speak it fluently.. Learnt it from my parents. Both are from same town. Never spent 2weeks in my Town since birth.. Language's Yagba
Re: Can You Speak Your Mother Tongue Fluently? by dkc(m): 7:11pm On Nov 24, 2012
Emmyk: I speak it fluently.. Learnt it from my parents. Both are from same town. Never spent 2weeks in my Town since birth.. Language's Yagba
Lucky You

(1) (Reply)

Curses And Abusive Languages: Is It An Ethnic Thing? / The Ideato Senior Staff Forum Holds Her Maiden Seminar / Enjoy 2 Weeks Of Cinema At The French Cultural Center Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.