Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,196 members, 7,943,305 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 11:45 AM

Nigeria Is The Most Fraudulent Country In Africa, KPMG Report Says - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is The Most Fraudulent Country In Africa, KPMG Report Says (8488 Views)

The Most Fraudulent Election In History(pix)-Guinness Book / NIGERIA Most Fraudulent Country In Africa-kpmg / Un Report Says Nigeria Militants Strike Fear Across Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Is The Most Fraudulent Country In Africa, KPMG Report Says by rusher14: 12:24pm On Nov 24, 2012
lanre_front:

The only solution is to vote the corrupt government and vote in a government which abhors corruption with a passion; without a shadow doubt, a Buhari Presidency is an example of such a government.

But trust Nigerians, a people easily brainwashed by propangada of the corrupt elite, just mention Buhari name and hear all kind of stupid sentiment, comments and accusations, and not a single shred of evidence to support even a single.

I've come to realize, unless Nigerians change their mediocre way of reasoning, it is certain that Nigerians are still going to suffer for many more years.

My prayer nowadays is simply that none of those sufferings will be my portion, because I ain't one of those with mediocre brains responsible for the state of the nation by continually voting for corrupt and evil candidate even they see candidates with excellent pedigree and impeccable character.

Come 2015, can anyone say for certain that this same won't be voted in. Sometime I think maybe the corrupt elite has cast a national-scale juju spell of tremendous and unimaginable proportions on Nigerians.
Thanks man, for once I can find a kindred spirit.
I've been at my wits end trying to understand the situation but I've come to the conclusion that most Nigerians prefer to suffer under their kinsman than prosper under someone of different stock. They prefer the person professes to be of the same religious leaning as they do than one that can promise value.
But above all they prefer the situation as it is because it could be their turn tomorrow.
Anyway, just like you I have concluded that it can be good for one as an individual but collectively? That's a pipe dream.
When we are ready we would eschew corruption, we would call the so-called bigmen by their names (THIEVES). And a runsgirl what she truly is PR.OSTITUTE.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The Most Fraudulent Country In Africa, KPMG Report Says by Sike(m): 12:40pm On Nov 24, 2012
Stale
Re: Nigeria Is The Most Fraudulent Country In Africa, KPMG Report Says by skyfall: 1:10pm On Nov 24, 2012
Well we all know it's the truth. Nigeria is a hopeless country of silly citizens being led by criminals. The only thing Nigerians do is go to their churches & mosques and pray hopelessly all-day.
Re: Nigeria Is The Most Fraudulent Country In Africa, KPMG Report Says by anulaxad(m): 1:16pm On Nov 24, 2012
skyfall: Well we all know it's the truth. Nigeria is a hopeless country of silly citizens being led by criminals. The only thing Nigerians do is go to their churches & mosques and pray hopelessly all-day.
you sound like my dad lipsrsealed he likes serious people like you but i worked really
hard for my job and where i am but i still am a christian but yes if Nigerians stand up for themselves and protest then this wont be the issue fraud is our second lord and it wont stop with criminals ruling us and and poverty so high

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The Most Fraudulent Country In Africa, KPMG Report Says by ebereugwoji: 2:26pm On Nov 24, 2012
I just pray say this one wey we fit carry first, make e no be say tomorrow now we go come hear say we don drop to second position for inside d ranking of KPMG.
Re: Nigeria Is The Most Fraudulent Country In Africa, KPMG Report Says by feathers007: 2:26pm On Nov 24, 2012
The truth is that the so called multinationals indulge in fraudulent activities as well, it cuts across all arms of their businesses in Nigeria. A non - corrupt multinational would never and I mean never do business in Nigeria. e.g HSBC, jp Morgan, fauber maunsell e.t.c Most multinationals in Nigeria like kpmg have money set aside called honorarium in their books, these honorarium is actually used in bribing government officials to land lucrative contracts.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The Most Fraudulent Country In Africa, KPMG Report Says by Nobody: 2:33pm On Nov 24, 2012
A big house has many children - Some will be corrupt, some will be upright, some will be mad, some will be sane, some will be thieves, some will be saints. It's the sign of a great household.

The foreigners churning out these negative 'studies' and 'surveys' will never tell you the OTHER facts readily observable when 'surveying' the nation.

For even if for argument's sake Nigeria is ''the most fraudulent nation in Africa'', it ALSO is

The nation with the highest number of university educated professionals in Africa.

The nation in Africa with the continent's largest middle class.

The nation with the most accomplished professionals in industry, science, sports and commerce on the continent.

The nation with the highest internet connectivity, and largest internet community in Africa.

The nation with Africa's No 1 Entertainment Industry, leading the continent unchallenged, in Film and Music.

The Number 1 Literary nation in Africa, producing a steady stream of world class authors, including the first black winner of the Nobel Prize for Literature.

Africa's Number 1 Peacekeeping nation, with the most feared soldiers on the continent.

The foremost banking nation on the continent, exporting her first class financial services to several countries across the continent.

The only African nation with an indigenous vehicle manufacturing industry (INNOSON Motors)

The largest recipient of Foreign Direct Investment in Africa.

A nation that is among the ten fastest growing economies in the world with annual GDP growing at an unprecedented 7.2% per annum, the bulk of growth occurring in the non-oil sector - telecoms, banking, agriculture, manufacturing et al.

So we are No 1 in Africa in a GREAT MANY THINGS.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is The Most Fraudulent Country In Africa, KPMG Report Says by Demdem(m): 4:04pm On Nov 24, 2012
The retardeen is on top of the situation. A committee will soon be set up to address this.
Re: Nigeria Is The Most Fraudulent Country In Africa, KPMG Report Says by okoagwu(m): 6:58pm On Nov 24, 2012
which day have they try reporting about they imperialist foreign policy in africa, who offer those bribe. Are they not involved 2. Abeg they should me dat old story :Dwhich day have they try reporting about they imperialist foreign policy in africa, who offer those bribe. Are they not involved 2. Abeg they should me dat old story
Re: Nigeria Is The Most Fraudulent Country In Africa, KPMG Report Says by lanrefront1(m): 8:56pm On Nov 24, 2012
ROSSIKE: A big house has many children - Some will be corrupt, some will be upright, some will be mad, some will be sane, some will be thieves, some will be saints. It's the sign of a great household.

The foreigners churning out these negative 'studies' and 'surveys' will never tell you the OTHER facts readily observable when 'surveying' the nation.

For even if for argument's sake Nigeria is ''the most fraudulent nation in Africa'', it ALSO is

The nation with the highest number of university educated professionals in Africa.

The nation with the most accomplished professionals in industry, science, sports and commerce on the continent.

The nation with the highest internet connectivity, and largest internet community in Africa.

The nation with Africa's No 1 Entertainment Industry, leading the continent unchallenged, in Film and Music.

The Number 1 Literary nation in Africa, producing a steady stream of world class authors, including the first black winner of the Nobel Prize for Literature.

Africa's Number 1 Peacekeeping nation, with the most feared soldiers on the continent.

The foremost banking nation on the continent, exporting her first class financial services to several countries across the continent.

The only African nation with an indigenous vehicle manufacturing industry (INNOSON Motors)

A nation that is among the ten fastest growing economies in the world with annual GDP growing at an unprecedented 7.2% per annum, the bulk of growth occurring in the non-oil sector - telecoms, banking, agriculture, manufacturing et al.

While you may have a point, but of what use is all those accolades while we continue to wallow in poverty in the midst of plenty.

These are things we like to use to deceive ourselves. Nigerians, we love self-denial sha.

Truth is, we don't need all those indexes self to know Nigeria is too corrupt.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is The Most Fraudulent Country In Africa, KPMG Report Says by Litmus: 9:32pm On Nov 24, 2012
So which African nation is the least corrupt and how well is it doing on all development indicators in comparison to Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The Most Fraudulent Country In Africa, KPMG Report Says by skyfall: 9:33pm On Nov 24, 2012
ROSSIKE: A big house has many children - Some will be corrupt, some will be upright, some will be mad, some will be sane, some will be thieves, some will be saints. It's the sign of a great household.

Keep deluding yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is The Most Fraudulent Country In Africa, KPMG Report Says by Ilekokonit: 10:08pm On Nov 24, 2012
I am not corrupt and I am a Nigerian. So what impact does this have on their reports conclusion ?
Yes our current leaders in Nigeria are ULTRA Corrupt and the actions of some of our citizens beggars belief BUT not all Nigerians are corrupt.

For example :-

i) Jimmy Saville being a paedophile does not mean that all Britons are paedophiles.
ii)Barclays Bank fraudulently rigging the LIBOR global interest rates does not mean all UK companies are fraudulent.
iii) HSBC Bank laundering money for terrorists and the mafia and drug barons does not mean all Hong Kong / UK companies are fraudulent.
iv) Robert Madoff ripping off hapless investors with the biggest pyramid / wonder bank scam in the world does not mean all Americans are criminally minded.

They may have a point but this Nigeria bashing (by all and sundry in the West) has to stop.

They should for a change turn their spotlight on the mega criminals in Nigeria by way of our LOOtocratic leaders who steal from 170 million hapless Nigerians and launder the money through and into Western banks.

There are probably more corrupt people in some Asian countries than in Nigeria but KPMG and co. do not talk about them.
Even though some of the things some Nigerians get up to is shameful to say the least BUT IT IS NO REASON FOR ANYONE TO CONTINUALLY DAMAGE THE BRAND CALLED NIGERIA FOR THE MILLIONS OF NON-CORRUPT NIGERIANS.

Where was KPMG when Enron (the former US Energy Giant) collapsed through false accounting and their Audit firm Arthur Andersen (which was a fellow Top 6 Global Audit firm like KPMG) was found complicit in fraudulently giving Enron a clean Audit report and to avoid being found out Arthur Anderson (a contemporary of KPMG) ordered its staff to start shredding documents that could incriminate them.
This subsequently led to Arthur Andersens demise.

My point here is that as someone who has been reading about the dishonesty of some of these big Audit/Consultancy firms, I will say to KPMG "Teacher don't teach me nonsense". Where were you when IBB, Abacha and all our past and present leaders were looting us blind and depositing their loot in the Western countries where your Audit firm is domiciled

If KPMG had said that Nigeria Leaders are the most corrupt in the World, I may have agreed without batting an eyelid but for them to paint the whole country as corrupt is taking things too far as we do have upright people in Nigeria as well.

I will not be suprised if it is a case of sour grapes and maybe KPMG or one of the companies it controls has just lost a consultancy contract it had hoped to get from the Nigerian Government.

Personally, I can't stand Nigerian LOOtocrats but these same LOOtocrats currently stash Nigeria's patrimony in Western Banks and Britain, Europe and the West turn a blind eye as it helps their currently down-trodden economy.

Only Obama showed signs of snubbing Nigeria's corrupt leaders in 2009 but Obama has problems of his own at home on the economic front.

If Good Teacher teach something and student make mistake, teacher must talk so but Oyinbo no talk so. Fela Kuti

If the West and their attack dogs (including KPMG) are serious about tackling corruption in Nigeria, then they should start by exposing to the whole world the loot stashed away in their Western banks by Nigeria's leaders (past and present).

Until they do so, they don't have the moral right to comment on corruption in Nigeria (Except they have a hidden agenda from their puppet masters).

Let Western Governments and their attack dogs (including KPMG) start Naming and Shaming Nigerian leaders past and Present who have Loot deposited in their Western banks and then I will know that they are serious about ending corruption in Nigeria. But the question is, "will their greed and double standards let them"

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The Most Fraudulent Country In Africa, KPMG Report Says by Litmus: 10:11pm On Nov 24, 2012
The continent of Africa is largely a laughing stock of the world so let them not get too carried away with self-congratulations when they see Nigeria derided.

As for Nigeria, we have the population and the potential consequently Nigeria will be in the eyes of the media storm because by African standards Nigeria is relevant. Finally, Nigerians are self critical(too much so for my liking)nevertheless it's a start, one that rest of Africa have yet to embark on. Perhaps the rest of Africa, which appears here to be so self congratulatory,know something that we do not as Nigerians, time will tell.
Re: Nigeria Is The Most Fraudulent Country In Africa, KPMG Report Says by rusher14: 11:19pm On Nov 24, 2012
Ilekokonit: I am not corrupt and I am a Nigerian. So what impact does this have on their reports conclusion ?
Yes our current leaders in Nigeria are ULTRA Corrupt and the actions of some of our citizens beggars belief BUT not all Nigerians are corrupt.

i) Jimmy Saville being a paedophile does not mean that all Britons are paedophiles.
ii)Barclays Bank fraudulently rigging the LIBOR global interest rates does not mean all UK companies are fraudulent.
iii) HSBC Bank laundering money for terrorists and the mafia and drug barons does not mean all Hong Kong / UK companies are fraudulent.
iv) Robert Madoff ripping off hapless investors with the biggest pyramid / wonder bank scam in the world does not mean all Americans are criminally minded.

They may have a point but this Nigeria bashing (by all and sundry in the West) has to stop.

They should for a change turn their spotlight on the mega criminals in Nigeria by way of our LOOtocratic leaders who steal from 170 million hapless Nigerians and launder the money through and into Western banks.

There are probably more corrupt people in some Asian countries than in Nigeria but KPMG and co. do not talk about them.
Even though some of the things some Nigerians get up to is shameful to say the least BUT IT IS NO REASON FOR ANYONE TO CONTINUALLY DAMAGE THE BRAND CALLED NIGERIA FOR THE MILLIONS OF NON-CORRUPT NIGERIANS.

Where was KPMG when Enron (the former US Energy Giant) collapsed through false accounting and their Audit firm Arthur Andersen (which was a fellow Top 6 Global Audit firm like KPMG) was found complicit in fraudulently giving Enron a clean Audit report and to avoid being found out Arthur Anderson (a contemporary of KPMG) ordered its staff to start shredding documents that could incriminate them.

My point here is that as someone who has been reading about the dishonesty of some of these big Audit/Consultancy firms, I will say to KPMG "Teacher don't teach me nonsense". Where were you when IBB, Abacha and all our past and present leaders were looting us blind and depositing their loot in the Western countries where your Audit firm is domiciled

If KPMG had said that Nigeria Leaders are the most corrupt in the World, I may have agreed without batting an eyelid but for them to paint the whole country as corrupt is taking things too far as we do have upright people in Nigeria as well.

I will not be suprised if it is a case of sour grapes and maybe KPMG or one of the companies it controls has just lost a consultancy contract it had hoped to get from the Nigerian Government.

Personally, I can't stand Nigerian LOOtocrats but these same LOOtocrats currently stash Nigeria's patrimony in Western Banks and Britain, Europe and the West turn a blind eye as it helps their currently down-trodden economy.

Only Obama showed signs of snubbing Nigeria's corrupt leaders in 2009 but Obama has problems of his own at home on the economic front.

If Good Teacher teach something and student make mistake, teacher must talk so but Oyinbo no talk so. Fela Kuti

If the West and their attack dogs (including KPMG) are serious about tackling corruption in Nigeria, then they should start by exposing to the whole world the loot stashed away in their Western banks by Nigeria's leaders (past and present).

Until they do so, they don't have the moral right to comment on corruption in Nigeria (Except they have a hidden agenda from their puppet masters).

Let Western Governments and their attack dogs (including KPMG) start Naming and Shaming Nigerian leaders past and Present who have Loot deposited in their Western banks and then I will know that they are serious about ending corruption in Nigeria. But the question is, "will their greed and double standards let them"
My friend you are slow in the game.
They don't go west anymore.
East is the new west, that's why we find in recent news the number of couriers caught at the airport en route Dubai or some of those destinations.
If people see your daughter Wh.oring herself somewhere you shouldn't blame them for saying so.
Re: Nigeria Is The Most Fraudulent Country In Africa, KPMG Report Says by rusher14: 11:19pm On Nov 24, 2012
Ilekokonit: I am not corrupt and I am a Nigerian. So what impact does this have on their reports conclusion ?

East is the new west, that's why we find in recent news the number of couriers caught at the airport en route Dubai or some of those destinations.
If people see your daughter Wh.oring herself somewhere you shouldn't blame them for saying so.
Re: Nigeria Is The Most Fraudulent Country In Africa, KPMG Report Says by rusher14: 11:20pm On Nov 24, 2012

Re: Nigeria Is The Most Fraudulent Country In Africa, KPMG Report Says by nzeaji(m): 11:36pm On Nov 24, 2012

I love you broda. God bless you.
Re: Nigeria Is The Most Fraudulent Country In Africa, KPMG Report Says by Nobody: 1:50am On Nov 25, 2012
The fraud itself is the right word for it not fraudulent country!
Re: Nigeria Is The Most Fraudulent Country In Africa, KPMG Report Says by P4VS20: 8:14am On Nov 25, 2012
wow!, i guess madoff, Luis Enrique, Osvaldo Villalobos, Peter Lombard, Raymond James, Moshe Leichner, and everyone mentioned in this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ponzi_schemes must have been nigerians abi. i hate it when pple focus on the tiny black dot when there are big visible patches all around.
Re: Nigeria Is The Most Fraudulent Country In Africa, KPMG Report Says by NeneBlaze: 12:02pm On Nov 25, 2012
really i don't think Nigeria is the most corrupt nation, it's just cos corruption seems obvious in our nation while other nations conceal theirs from the outside world.
Re: Nigeria Is The Most Fraudulent Country In Africa, KPMG Report Says by dwana91(m): 12:39pm On Nov 25, 2012
We naija were trying but na evil thing we dey always top may heaven help us
Re: Nigeria Is The Most Fraudulent Country In Africa, KPMG Report Says by Nobody: 1:04pm On Nov 25, 2012
P4VS20: wow!, i guess madoff, Luis Enrique, Osvaldo Villalobos, Peter Lombard, Raymond James, Moshe Leichner, and everyone mentioned in this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ponzi_schemes must have been nigerians abi. i hate it when pple focus on the tiny black dot when there are big visible patches all around.
Those are rare cases of individual crimes but it is rampant in Nigeria, from the very top to the bottom as a nation. I hate when people blind themselves to what a topic is all about and bring in something not directly related. This is a about a country not individuals!
Re: Nigeria Is The Most Fraudulent Country In Africa, KPMG Report Says by KayDee4: 5:35pm On Nov 25, 2012
P4VS20: wow!, i guess madoff, Luis Enrique, Osvaldo Villalobos, Peter Lombard, Raymond James, Moshe Leichner, and everyone mentioned in this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ponzi_schemes must have been nigerians abi. i hate it when pple focus on the tiny black dot when there are big visible patches all around.

You hate it ? , but your post is focused on the tiny black dots and overlooks the big visible patches.

Corruption/Fraud by individuals in a country (Tiny dots)
vs
Corruption/Fraud on a National level by the government (Huge patches).
Re: Nigeria Is The Most Fraudulent Country In Africa, KPMG Report Says by FreeWill01: 3:13am On Nov 27, 2012
[quote author=caesaraba]Although I consider this an under-assessment of the real situation, I think (abeg no insult me o), I think that individual change is beginning to set in. I think the awe with which people in the past looked at affluence/wealth no matter how gotten, has begun to wane (fade). U drive one spectacular car wey no fit your persona pass some low-end street and nobody raise head look sef (just one example o). It seems more and more people are beginning to have self-pride (the good kind). I don't know about you, but this is what I've observed. [/quot

...That one is jealousy....self pride ni ....read the news , things dey happen for naija steady, na normal thing. Join them and play or spectate.
Re: Nigeria Is The Most Fraudulent Country In Africa, KPMG Report Says by FreeWill01: 9:30pm On Nov 27, 2012
....On point joor......That's the way forward for naija, if you no like am, go abroad.

laminaria: Admission rate in 9ja....
Universities n polytechnic:215
Vocational works :128
Okada n keke marwa: 695
Yahoo yahoo :16321546
Street thugs :23151
............After d graduation I tink we can all do d remaining calculation, no suprise wit dre outcome results.
Abeg wanna tide up ma sequence jare......na maye sure pass!
Re: Nigeria Is The Most Fraudulent Country In Africa, KPMG Report Says by FreeWill01: 9:33pm On Nov 27, 2012
Tell them Oh

Re: Nigeria Is The Most Fraudulent Country In Africa, KPMG Report Says by Nobody: 12:01am On Nov 30, 2012
Surprise, Surprise .

Problem is , despite all the bad press we get , this trend will continue.

Sickening !!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Last AND Least The Yoruba PUNK ASSESS - Nemesis Is On Her Way / President Buhari: No ‘corrupt’ Person Can Go Scot-free By Joining APC / 5 Million Nigerians Worth More Than $1 Million Dollars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.