Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,268 members, 7,881,029 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:08 AM

Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa (48433 Views)

Looking For Nigerians Living In Bellville Cape Town South Africa / Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics / Cape Town Gallery: Pictures of Cape Town (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by paniki(m): 4:41pm On Dec 03, 2012
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by paniki(m): 4:42pm On Dec 03, 2012
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by paniki(m): 4:42pm On Dec 03, 2012
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by paniki(m): 4:43pm On Dec 03, 2012
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by purplebrown: 6:27pm On Dec 03, 2012
paniki: Sandton City will be the biggest after the completion of phase 2 upgrade. Phase 1 upgrade is complete, which added 30 000 sq/m of floor space to the original 120 000 sq/m. Gateway stands at around 180 000 sq/m
Sandton City is small for me, I think the mall that comes 3rd is Hemingsway mall in East london after Canal Walk and Gateway mall. If you combined Sandton City and and Nelson Mandela square then ja they are probably bigger. But Sandton City alone nahhhh, even Menlyn Park in pretoria is bigger than Sandton city and some people claim its the biggers in SA. Sandton is actually the same size as Greenstone mall or East Gate mall.
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by paniki(m): 6:57pm On Dec 03, 2012
It's not about your perception of size as you walk through the mall, it's about the actual number of square meters of retail space and as things stand Gataway has floor space of around 180 000, Sandton City(excluding Mandela Square) with its upgrade is now around 150 000 and Canal Walk is around 140 000. Eastgate has about 120 000 square meters of retail space which was comparable to Sandton City before it got a 30 000 square meter upgrade. Menlyn Park is smaller than Eastgate
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by paniki(m): 6:58pm On Dec 03, 2012
I got all those numbers from the websites of those shopping malls
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by Nobody: 7:03pm On Dec 03, 2012
Cape Town is more decent as a city than Johannesburg in those images posted earlier. The buildings are old and lack the lives found in those of Cape Town. It is arguably South African most beautiful city.
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by Nobody: 7:04pm On Dec 03, 2012
paniki: I got all those numbers from the websites of those shopping malls
Is South Africa still home to the largest mall in Africa?
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by Nobody: 7:34pm On Dec 03, 2012
all4naija: Cape Town is more decent as a city than Johannesburg in those images posted earlier. The buildings are old and lack the lives found in those of Cape Town. It is arguably South African most beautiful city.

Actually, I think Cape Town is the most beautiful city in Africa.
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by Nobody: 7:47pm On Dec 03, 2012
CFCfan:

Actually, I think Cape Town is the most beautiful city in Africa.
That's true. The topography is a vista to behold. I think it is one of the things which really makes it African most beautiful city.
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by purplebrown: 7:57pm On Dec 03, 2012
paniki: It's not about your perception of size as you walk through the mall, it's about the actual number of square meters of retail space and as things stand Gataway has floor space of around 180 000, Sandton City(excluding Mandela Square) with its upgrade is now around 150 000 and Canal Walk is around 140 000. Eastgate has about 120 000 square meters of retail space which was comparable to Sandton City before it got a 30 000 square meter upgrade. Menlyn Park is smaller than Eastgate
eish ja I get u now.
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by Nobody: 8:06pm On Dec 03, 2012
paniki: It's not about your perception of size as you walk through the mall, it's about the actual number of square meters of retail space and as things stand Gataway has floor space of around 180 000 , Sandton City(excluding Mandela Square) with its upgrade is now around 150 000 and Canal Walk is around 140 000. Eastgate has about 120 000 square meters of retail space which was comparable to Sandton City before it got a 30 000 square meter upgrade. Menlyn Park is smaller than Eastgate
The line on bold makes Gateway mall the largest in Africa. If not, there are about two others in the North Africa that can remove it from that position - the one in Morocco and the uncompleted one in Egypt.
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by purplebrown: 8:17pm On Dec 03, 2012
Who knew that the biggest Stadium in Africa is bigger than any Stadium in the UK?
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by Nobody: 8:19pm On Dec 03, 2012
purplebrown: Who knew that the biggest Stadium in Africa is bigger than any Stadium in the UK?
You should have posted images and information about the stadium than asking a rhetoric kind of question.

What's the name of the stadium though?
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by purplebrown: 8:40pm On Dec 03, 2012
all4naija: You should have posted images and information about the stadium than asking a rhetoric kind of question.

What's the name of the stadium though?
UK - Wembly = 90 000 capacity.
Africa - Soccer city = 94 736 capacity.

Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by Nobody: 9:00pm On Dec 03, 2012
purplebrown: UK - Wembly = 90 000 capacity.
Africa - Soccer city = 94 736 capacity.

According to you and online facts they are:

1. UK - London: Wembley Stadium - with a seating capacity of 90,000 spectators.

2.South Africa - Johannesburg: Soccer City Stadium - with a seating capacity of 94,736 spectators (making it African largest and larger than any UK stadium).

Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by Nobody: 9:08pm On Dec 03, 2012
How is Cape Town Ocean water all year round?
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by Nobody: 9:11pm On Dec 03, 2012

That Cape Town image can easily pass for Frisco. It is breathtaking!
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by paniki(m): 7:36am On Dec 04, 2012
To be honest I don't mind the SA Naija fights. I find them entertaining, at some point there was argument about differences in fashion. LOL
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by Nobody: 8:03am On Dec 04, 2012
paniki: To be honest I don't mind the SA Naija fights. I find them entertaining, at some point there was argument about differences in fashion. LOL

Yeah, economic rivalry is a good thing. Though I don't like the xenophobic bashing being spewed by some Nigerians/South Africans.

Anyway, Cape Town better watchout because Eko Atlantic City, Lekki, Uyo, Calabar and Abuja would soon up the ante in beautiful landscapes.
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by mbulela: 10:37am On Dec 04, 2012
paniki: Sandton City will be the biggest after the completion of phase 2 upgrade. Phase 1 upgrade is complete, which added 30 000 sq/m of floor space to the original 120 000 sq/m. Gateway stands at around 180 000 sq/m
does that not make Sandton 150,000?
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by Nobody: 3:26am On Dec 06, 2012
Can somebody post the image of only African seven star hotel in Cape Town? I mean your own image not the ones found one online.
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by morpheus24: 11:08pm On Dec 12, 2012
I don tire for these capetown pics O!

ANy pics of the CAPEFLATS!!!
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by paniki(m): 11:53pm On Dec 12, 2012
I think this is the best picture of Cape Town

Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by paniki(m): 12:03am On Dec 13, 2012
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by paniki(m): 12:06am On Dec 13, 2012
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by paniki(m): 12:08am On Dec 13, 2012
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by paniki(m): 12:09am On Dec 13, 2012
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by paniki(m): 12:13am On Dec 13, 2012
I think that you people should use google streetview to get a real view of Capeflats
Re: Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa by Nobody: 12:37am On Dec 14, 2012
paniki:
Huh... This one is the type of thing I don't like to see. shanty homes and poverty meant for blacks only

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

11 Units Of Locomotives Meant For Nigeria Departs China (Pictures) / BRT Bus And Chicken Republic Trailer In Massive Collision / USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.