Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,094 members, 7,939,427 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 04:44 AM

My Oil Indicator Is On Constantly (golf IV 1.4) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Oil Indicator Is On Constantly (golf IV 1.4) (2740 Views)

Volkswagen Golf Iv / 406 Vs Golf Iv / Siena: Golf IV VR6 Automatic Transmission??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Oil Indicator Is On Constantly (golf IV 1.4) by Nobody: 7:34pm On Nov 24, 2012
Pls someone shouLd help me with a solution.my car Golf IV 1.4 oil indicator comes on as soon as I move the car. Ironically if I start car at first all the lights goes off normal, as soon as I move it comes on and stays.the car drives great.I hate to see warning light in my car.
Re: My Oil Indicator Is On Constantly (golf IV 1.4) by Nobody: 7:53pm On Nov 24, 2012
kentzy: Pls someone shouLd help me with a solution.my car Golf IV 1.4 oil indicator comes on as soon as I move the car. Ironically if I start car at first all the lights goes off normal, as soon as I move it comes on and stays.the car drives great.I hate to see warning light in my car.

Bro, are you waiting for your engine to go BAANG before you get that oil pressure warning lamp checked?? Because it gives warning of oil PRESSURE, not level. It may well be a faulty oil pressure switch, but I'm concerned it only comes on when the engine's under load.

You could well have an oil pump issue, and if you keep driving that car around with low oil pressure, that engine's going to seize up. Or you could screw up your crank, and your engine could throw a rod.

If you're waiting for the engine to die, then by all means, keep driving the car, it won't be too long, and good luck.
Re: My Oil Indicator Is On Constantly (golf IV 1.4) by redcliff: 8:03pm On Nov 24, 2012
lolz bro.
Re: My Oil Indicator Is On Constantly (golf IV 1.4) by speed001: 8:07pm On Nov 24, 2012
Sienna I posted somfin pls help me out na. Na wa o. D name is speed0001 pls read anf profer soln. Thanks
Re: My Oil Indicator Is On Constantly (golf IV 1.4) by Nobody: 8:09pm On Nov 24, 2012
[quote author=Siena]

Bro, are you waiting for your engine to go BAANG before you get that oil pressure warning lamp checked?? Because it gives warning of oil PRESSURE, not level. It may well be a faulty oil pressure switch, but I'm concerned it only comes on when the engine's under load.

You could well have an oil pump issue, and if you keep driving that car around with low oil pressure, that engine's going to seize up. Or you coulkd screw up your crank, and your engine could throw a rod.

If you're waiting for the engine to die, then by all means, keep driving the car, it won't be too long, and good luck.
[/quote Thanks so much. What practical step should I take to solve the problem?
Re: My Oil Indicator Is On Constantly (golf IV 1.4) by Nobody: 8:26pm On Nov 24, 2012
kentzy: Thanks so much. What practical step should I take to solve the problem?

For starters, stop driving the car. You shouldn't even start and run the engine.

The cheapest elimination process would be to replace the oil pressure switch. If that cures the warning light, you're golden. If it doesn't, then you'll need a COMPETENT garage to perform an oil pressure check. Your 1,4 16V engine should make approx. 6 bar of pressure at idle when cold, which may drop to about 3 bar when the oil's hot. It should however rise to at least 5 bar at 2,000 rpm and above. If it doesn't, then you've got oil pressure issues.

Your oil pick-up has a strainer. If your oil is dirty, or there's sludge in your oil pan, it'll limit pressure above the 2,000 rpm threshold.

A quick way to clear sludge is to drain your oil, refit the drain plug, pour add 4 litres of DIESEL into the engine oil filler. Then run the engine at idle for 10 minutes, increasing the rpm to 1,500 for another 2 minutes. Shut down, then drain the diesel. Now fit a new oil filter, and fill the engine with fresh oil.

The proper way is to drain the oil, then remove the oil pan, wash it thoroughly with petrol, clean the oil pick-up strainer. Then refit the oil pan, making sure you use the correct sealant or new gasket. Fit new oil filter, fill with fresh oil, then test.

Let's know how you get on.
Re: My Oil Indicator Is On Constantly (golf IV 1.4) by Nobody: 8:39pm On Nov 24, 2012
Thanks so much Siena I will take step as u have stated.God bless you.
Re: My Oil Indicator Is On Constantly (golf IV 1.4) by Nobody: 8:23am On Nov 29, 2012
Siena I most thank you so much for your detailed analysis of my car problem. I took the car to a competent mechanic here in Abuja, he discovered that my oil pressure is low and immediately the oil pump was change. My car now back and good. Thanks so much, i appreciate.
Re: My Oil Indicator Is On Constantly (golf IV 1.4) by davids202(m): 9:55am On Nov 29, 2012
My fellow nlanders don't U̶̲̥̅̊ guyz tink we need an award day 4 those who have contributed immensely to the lives of people in this forum?
Siena is 1 of a kind n shld b appreciated 4 his kind gestures. bros close ur eyes let me pray for U̶̲̥̅̊ 'before this year ends you shall receive un-meritted favour'. Amen
Re: My Oil Indicator Is On Constantly (golf IV 1.4) by Nobody: 12:58pm On Nov 29, 2012
kentzy: Siena I most thank you so much for your detailed analysis of my car problem. I took the car to a competent mechanic here in Abuja, he discovered that my oil pressure is low and immediately the oil pump was change. My car now back and good. Thanks so much, i appreciate.

No worries bro, glad you got things sorted out.

(1) (Reply)

Replacement Engine For 02/03 Rav 4 / Lamborgini Celebrates Its 50th Aniversary With Insane Concept Car / In Need Of Partners In Importation of Cars And Car Parts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.