Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,544 members, 7,941,087 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 05:00 PM

WHAT ARE THE 10 TOP TEN HISTORICAL TOURISM SITES IN NIGERIA? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / WHAT ARE THE 10 TOP TEN HISTORICAL TOURISM SITES IN NIGERIA? (937 Views)

Celebrating World Tourism Day 2015 - My Beautiful Nigeria (pictures Included) / A Trip Back To Titanic(Historical Photos). / Will You Pay To Visit Historic Sites In Yoruba Land? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

WHAT ARE THE 10 TOP TEN HISTORICAL TOURISM SITES IN NIGERIA? by kbdrim(m): 1:08am On Nov 26, 2012
Im an avid traveler. I love history and have alwaiz been a fan of the old world. Never liked the new world(The US, Canada or Australia). When I talk about the old world I mean ancient empires like the Roman empire( look at the colosseum in italy and other ruins of that era), the Mughal empire in India (Taj Mahal, Agra fort, Redfort etc) dating back to over 500 years and then Germany holds a lot of history with the 1st and 2nd world war. China and Japan also have the Chinese walls and several architectural stuff. Madrid and Paris holds the most beautiful paintings/sculptures of the Renaissance through to the impressionist and expressionist eras. In my travels I have met so many non Africans interested in Nigeria and I find it rather difficult to tell them exactly what they are meant to see in Nigeria. Lots of folks have been to North Africa and East Africa on tourism but it just doesnt look like there is much to see in west Africa. The safari's in east Africa is a major attraction. There is a lot of history in eqypt, morroco and tunisia.
I have seen the yankari game reserve and to be honest it is a joke. I ve seen Ikogosi warm spring in ekiti and erin ijesha in Osun and I would never advise anymore to travel thousands of miles to see those stuff. Obudu cattle ranch might be better from stories I ve heard of it but again it isnt much. I have had to make do with just telling them to come for the Christmas festival in calabar which is just a few years old. I know we've got security challenges in Nigeria now but can we all suggest 10 top things to see in Nigeria so we can sell our country to tourist..It would be educative too.

(1) (Reply)

Help!!! / Im Planning To Relocate To Ghana I Need Advise / Relocation: Funny Situation/shock You Had To Get Used To,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.