Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,678 members, 7,878,981 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 10:43 AM

Re-entering UK - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Re-entering UK (5464 Views)

(Pictured) Nigerians Less Than 40 Banned From Entering The UAE? / Illegal Immigrants Entering UK From Calais, France. Pictures Inside / I Need Tips For Entering Cameroun From Enugu Or Calabar By Road. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Re-entering UK by enisjsj: 10:57pm On Oct 28, 2013
justwise:

You stated that you are a student doing industrial program and you are planing to stay 5months even as your company gave you 2wks holiday?

Do you really think you will be able to renew your visa if it expires?
so pls tell me,if i return staying for five months might be an hinderance in getting another 6months or 2yrs visa.how can i justify myself wen reapplying?
Re: Re-entering UK by joxiri: 6:49am On Oct 29, 2013
@enisj
To stand any chance o renewing that visa, you will have to stay in Nigeria at least a year any application within 6 months will be refused, cos u have already shown u want to live in the uk with your actions and that's what the Eco will think
You will also need show Change in your circumstances
Re: Re-entering UK by justwise(m): 7:19am On Oct 29, 2013
enisjsj:
so pls tell me,if i return staying for five months might be an hinderance in getting another 6months or 2yrs visa[b].how can i justify myself wen reapplying?
[/b]

I really don't know how you can justify that, its really difficult to justify how you managed to stay 5months forgetting your education and training in Nigeria then want to be given another 2yrs visa? Well....good luck.
Re: Re-entering UK by funkybaby(f): 1:09pm On Oct 29, 2013
justwise:

yup

TA is more or less a 'part time' job and it cannot be used as a route to settlement as they do not offer that opportunity.
Re: Re-entering UK by justwise(m): 1:10pm On Oct 29, 2013
funkybaby:

TA is more or less a 'part time' job and it cannot be used as a route to settlement as they do not offer that opportunity.

Is like CPO job
Re: Re-entering UK by funkybaby(f): 1:18pm On Oct 29, 2013
joxiri: @enisj
You will also need show Change in your circumstances

exactly. that could be a new job, future education, a thriving business, etc
Re: Re-entering UK by Nobody: 8:24pm On Sep 07, 2018
I want an advice here pls...I travelled to the US 5yrs ago and got sent back at point of entry for two reasons: the name my supposed host have to me was not seeing as a legal resident on their system secondly i was asked some questions on my Ds-160 form which I couldn’t answer correctly, reason some else filled it out.

I was banned for 5yrs which has expired.

Now, how do I go about applying again? The ds-160 form was printed for me at poe.

Need advise pls! Thank you for reading....
Re: Re-entering UK by Lizzy980: 10:19am On Jan 23, 2019
I have a problem. I overstayed my uk visit visa for about 9 months and returned voluntarily. However during my exit in JUNE 2008. I did not get any deported stamp on my passport.

Prior to my exist I have been a frequent visitor since 2005 and nevered overstayed.

I got back to Nigeria and had to apply for the new electronic passport because we were no longer using the old one.

However, I decided to use my real age which is 1992 compared to 1994 that was on my old passport.

The passport no. on my old passport is different from the New passport I got too.

I have traveled to India and U.S with the new passport and the visa is still valid until 2020.

However, since I left the UK in 2008 I never applied for visa or make any attempt in visiting.

I plan to go there for holiday this year and want to apply. How do I go about it ? If I am asked if I have visited before or overstayed on the form do I indicate yes or no? What are my chances of getting it. And how do I got about the age difference?
Re: Re-entering UK by Lexusgs430: 10:44am On Jan 23, 2019
Lizzy980:
I have a problem. I overstayed my uk visit visa for about 9 months and returned voluntarily. However during my exit in JUNE 2008. I did not get any deported stamp on my passport.

Prior to my exist I have been a frequent visitor since 2005 and nevered overstayed.

I got back to Nigeria and had to apply for the new electronic passport because we were no longer using the old one.

However, I decided to use my real age which is 1992 compared to 1994 that was on my old passport.

The passport no. on my old passport is different from the New passport I got too.

I have traveled to India and U.S with the new passport and the visa is still valid until 2020.

However, since I left the UK in 2008 I never applied for visa or make any attempt in visiting.

I plan to go there for holiday this year and want to apply. How do I go about it ? If I am asked if I have visited before or overstayed on the form do I indicate yes or no? What are my chances of getting it. And how do I got about the age difference?

The question you should be responding to before we ask is......... Did you submit your biometric data? Change of DOB on old passport vs New passport, is completely a visa deal killer...........

And if you tender that passport for a UK visa, I can more than guarantee you it would be seized and reports lodged on immigration database + reports made to all countries visa presently live on your passport.........
Re: Re-entering UK by Lizzy980: 10:49am On Jan 23, 2019
Lexusgs430:

The question you should be responding to before we ask is......... Did you submit your biometric data? Change of DOB on old passport vs New passport, is completely a visa deal killer...........

I don't recall ever doing biometric when leaving the UK. that was 10 years ago. i was 16 then.

However, i did an affidavit for the age stuff before i could even get the new ECOWAS passport with my correct age.
Re: Re-entering UK by Lexusgs430: 12:11pm On Jan 23, 2019
Lizzy980:

I don't recall ever doing biometric when leaving the UK. that was 10 years ago. i was 16 then.

However, i did an affidavit for the age stuff before i could even get the new ECOWAS passport with my correct age.

Not in the UK, but in Nigeria.......
Re: Re-entering UK by Idonije8(m): 5:23pm On Jan 23, 2019
enisjsj:
yes 5 months is correct.i actually stated there in my application form that i am a student which i added a recommendation letter to from the school which stated that i was a student whichwas the main reason why i was denied but when i appealed which was an oral hearing that my brother(sponsor) attended as my non legal representative,i submited an IT letter proving that i am still a student of the polytechnic and my industrial training is a pre-requisite for my HND and a letter from the company i am attached to granting my 2weeks leave to the uk for a family visit.i also need to knw if the £3000 bond does not affect second time family visitor's visa applicant.thanks
hello can I talk to you

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians Living In South Korea / Need Assistance With Egyptian Tourist Visa / Which City Is More Developed, Nairobi Or Lagos? (as Seen On Quora)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.