Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,678 members, 7,878,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 10:41 AM

First Batch Of Dangote Truck Drivers To Graduate In January 2013 - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / First Batch Of Dangote Truck Drivers To Graduate In January 2013 (8830 Views)

Outcome Of Dangote Drivers Interview / Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 / Dangote Truck Drivers With HND/BSc: No Respect For Nigerian Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Batch Of Dangote Truck Drivers To Graduate In January 2013 by justman29(m): 9:28pm On Nov 27, 2012
as 4 d would be graduands, i pray they find appropriate replacement soonest tho dis will help get their sustenance, 9ja govt shud do pls create jobs
Re: First Batch Of Dangote Truck Drivers To Graduate In January 2013 by erico2k2(m): 9:29pm On Nov 27, 2012
boron10:
Stop being sarcastic, it's not their fault. You don't have to laff at them. Anyway, na tree wey fall, naim make goat fit climb am. Being a truck driver is far better than staying idle at home.
Leave that guy , some guys on here are growing -ve, ie plastic people, if these guys earn up to N70K a month they are as good as most bank workers and teachers.
Re: First Batch Of Dangote Truck Drivers To Graduate In January 2013 by JoeBatters: 10:17pm On Nov 27, 2012
As much as I believe dat there is dignity in labor.Any of those graduates/masters/PHD Drivers who has seen dis driving job as escape from poverty or a career path probably cannot defend his certificate or has no ambition.I will congratulate d truckers n d same time advice dem to still seek for a more solid career path or save moni 2 start their own business because u hv 2 ask urself "do I want to be driving a truck for d nx 20 years?".
Just my 2 kobos...God Bless Nigeria
Re: First Batch Of Dangote Truck Drivers To Graduate In January 2013 by Egbagirl(f): 10:25pm On Nov 27, 2012
Joe Batters: As much as I believe dat there is dignity in labor.Any of those graduates/masters/PHD Drivers who has seen dis driving job as escape from poverty or a career path probably cannot defend his certificate or has no ambition.I will congratulate d truckers n d same time advice dem to still seek for a more solid career path or save moni 2 start their own business because u hv 2 ask urself "do I want to be driving a truck for d nx 20 years?".
Just my 2 kobos...God Bless Nigeria

But what right do you have to say that they do not have ambitions? Are you living theirs lives? Do you know what plans and dreams they have? Do you know why they chose this job? Do you know whether they only plan to work for a few years, save some money and do something else? What if this job is a stepping stone for them? Are you inside the mind of the person that wants to own a truck company? I mean seriously, I think it's unfair to say these guys cannot defend their certificates or have no ambitions. You do not know these individuals and certainly do not know what their aspirations are. Even if they decide to work this job for the rest of their lives, as long as they get their job satisfaction, what is wrong with that? Not everybody can be a banker or WANTS to be a banker or businessman or whatever else. If driving trucks gives me a certain thrill or whatever, I dont see anything wrong with that. Some will stay with this job for a long period of time. Others will move on to something else.

Infact, I do not see why people are complaining about this thing. If job no dey, dem go complain. Job don come, dem go still complain say e no good. U no go at least do something? abi e better to go dey rob and kill pple ni? I tire. Human beings (Nigerians) will never be satisfied. Our pride too much sef. But then again, it's not our fault. Na society cause am. (of which na we build the society. lol)

1 Like

Re: First Batch Of Dangote Truck Drivers To Graduate In January 2013 by Nobody: 11:20pm On Nov 27, 2012
There are so many graduates already driving cabs. Ki ni bigdeal?
Just wondering though what their career path will be like!
Re: First Batch Of Dangote Truck Drivers To Graduate In January 2013 by Nobody: 4:31am On Nov 28, 2012
[color=#000099][/color]In Nigeria, it's not about your degree and wot you can do anymore, but get a nice job and build a career out of it. I'm an NCE Holder and started work wit a Consulting Firm here in Lagos in 2009, now I'm in HR career line still with my NCE and I work with one of the best consumable manufacturing company here in Lagos, Nigeria, to the extent that wot I earn is a dream pay for most degree holders.... Six figures, no jokes.

This is an encouragement to someone, I hope!
Re: First Batch Of Dangote Truck Drivers To Graduate In January 2013 by lastpage: 5:55am On Nov 28, 2012
Monkey No-fine....
....im Mama like Am!
grin grin grin grin

University of Dangote truck Drivers! shocked shocked shocked

Lastpage!
erico2k2:
Leave that guy , some guys on here are growing -ve, ie plastic people, if these guys earn up to N70K a month they are as good as most bank workers and teachers.

Sharrap, which "Banker" earns #70K?

Or are you referring to the "Security Man" at the Door of a Bank?
Stop consoling yourself in this sort of manner.
Just drive your Truck and be happy with whatever job you do.
Re: First Batch Of Dangote Truck Drivers To Graduate In January 2013 by ziondaughter: 6:07am On Nov 28, 2012
pDudd: Good for dem new truckies grin

What have u done 4 ur country rather than coming to make statements dat doesnt befit u. Somebody is out there taking d bull by the horn since d federal govt cant b relied on. Wen pple like dangote are being blessed due to the services dey render, others will envy dem n get jealous. U cant give wat u dont have
Re: First Batch Of Dangote Truck Drivers To Graduate In January 2013 by Nobody: 6:38am On Nov 28, 2012
tmabin: [color=#000099][/color]In Nigeria, it's not about your degree and wot you can do anymore, but get a nice job and build a career out of it. I'm an NCE Holder and started work wit a Consulting Firm here in Lagos in 2009, now I'm in HR career line still with my NCE and I work with one of the best consumable manufacturing company here in Lagos, Nigeria, to the extent that wot I earn is a dream pay for most degree holders.... Six figures, no jokes.

This is an encouragement to someone, I hope!

Liar!!!
Re: First Batch Of Dangote Truck Drivers To Graduate In January 2013 by Nobody: 6:39am On Nov 28, 2012
Make una they there,where i work (in the rig) its not easy we live in the cabin on the derrick and work straight 2weeks we're all gradute engineers bt the job is quite tough n dirty though we re well taken care off,what i'm trying to say is that those folks re aquiring skills which is good..n some of u here talking shit....Look for ur own job or business n leave them alone.
Re: First Batch Of Dangote Truck Drivers To Graduate In January 2013 by sammily(m): 7:51am On Nov 28, 2012
grin
Re: First Batch Of Dangote Truck Drivers To Graduate In January 2013 by swoosh(m): 7:52am On Nov 28, 2012
While i agree that being a truck driver may not be the best job for a graduate, we must not loose sight of the fact that Dangote group is offering these brand new trucks that these people will drive to them after driving them for about 2 years - entirely free. Those trucks will still have a value of over 10 million after 2 years - now how many jobs are offering that even in the so called corporate world. Those guys that went into this are no fools- im sure most of them will retire aftter getting those trucks and start their own business --and God willing, 5 years down the line they will be making it big
Re: First Batch Of Dangote Truck Drivers To Graduate In January 2013 by emmadinoyi: 8:00am On Nov 28, 2012
its a welcomed development as long as they will be paid well as graduates, afterall Nigerian PHD holders are driving same trucks in europe and America for even peanuts and giving the country a bad name in the process
Re: First Batch Of Dangote Truck Drivers To Graduate In January 2013 by hardbody: 8:59am On Nov 28, 2012
mmmustapha: 3rd 2 comment, congrat my fellow naija, all d best

You do not even know how to count. 3rd? Your teacher (if you had any)must be very proud of you.
Re: First Batch Of Dangote Truck Drivers To Graduate In January 2013 by hardbody: 9:02am On Nov 28, 2012
Egba girl:

But what right do you have to say that they do not have ambitions? Are you living theirs lives? Do you know what plans and dreams they have? Do you know why they chose this job? Do you know whether they only plan to work for a few years, save some money and do something else? What if this job is a stepping stone for them? Are you inside the mind of the person that wants to own a truck company? I mean seriously, I think it's unfair to say these guys cannot defend their certificates or have no ambitions. You do not know these individuals and certainly do not know what their aspirations are. Even if they decide to work this job for the rest of their lives, as long as they get their job satisfaction, what is wrong with that? Not everybody can be a banker or WANTS to be a banker or businessman or whatever else. If driving trucks gives me a certain thrill or whatever, I dont see anything wrong with that. Some will stay with this job for a long period of time. Others will move on to something else.

Infact, I do not see why people are complaining about this thing. If job no dey, dem go complain. Job don come, dem go still complain say e no good. U no go at least do something? abi e better to go dey rob and kill pple ni? I tire. Human beings (Nigerians) will never be satisfied. Our pride too much sef. But then again, it's not our fault. Na society cause am. (of which na we build the society. lol)

I haven't read such a refreshing contribution in a long while. Your perception is wonderful, your grammar impeccable. I do appreciate you. Kudos.
Re: First Batch Of Dangote Truck Drivers To Graduate In January 2013 by erico2k2(m): 9:51pm On Nov 28, 2012
lastpage: Monkey No-fine....
....im Mama like Am!
grin grin grin grin

University of Dangote truck Drivers! shocked shocked shocked

Lastpage!

Sharrap, which "Banker" earns #70K?

Or are you referring to the "Security Man" at the Door of a Bank?

Your MUMU eh get CV, check my location and look at where I live and you will discover why my orientation exceeds your imagination MUMU, i realy dont know how you came to teh conclusion I drive a truck and ofcos yeh brand new staffs in banks earn 70K, I dont think you realize this or you aint in that circle,My friend who I went to same Uni did Civil Engineering, after searching without end for a Job, He decided to learn the act of being a bricklayer, bit by bit He became a work man, now that was 1999, go and look at him now, he has his own firm and employs up to 50 people at a tiem, but in 2002, he was the laughing stuck of the town, people who got same MUMU CV like you where laughing,Bunch of fool mcheew angry angry angry angry
Re: First Batch Of Dangote Truck Drivers To Graduate In January 2013 by lastpage: 3:21am On Nov 29, 2012
erico2k2:

Your MUMU eh get CV, check my location and look at where I live and you will discover why my orientation exceeds your imagination MUMU, i realy dont know how you came to teh conclusion I drive a truck and ofcos yeh brand new staffs in banks earn 70K, I dont think you realize this or you aint in that circle,My friend who I went to same Uni (with) did Civil Engineering, after searching without end for a Job, He decided to learn the act (art) of being a bricklayer, bit by bit He became a work man, now that was 1999, go and look at him now, he has his own firm and employs up to 50 people at a tiem, but in 2002, he was the laughing stuck (stock) of the town, people who got same MUMU CV like you where laughing,Bunch of fool(s) mcheew angry angry angry angry

Muheehehe grin, this one want to kill me with "grammar"!
grin

I took your "advice" and checked your profile -- it says (and it shows in the picture) that you live in "one dinghy room" in U.K! I can even see where you hung your clothes on the wall of your dingy room!
grin grin wink
So you want to "form" for me that you live in the U.K? grin grin
Or have you forgotten l was one of those who offered you "advice" when you wanted to do your "marry-Oyinbo woman" to get U.K stay? shocked
You cant even write or spell correctly
Would you by any chance be a "bricklayer" by profession?

But that is by the way and not my problem.
Next time, dont refer people to your "profile", its ain't worth it.

I never said or implied that "you" drive a truck (maybe you have comprehension problems); just read my post again, to be sure.
I dont know which "orientation or imagination" you are talking
about but l resigned from working in a bank (at senior level then) close to fifteen years ago and l know that "qualified bankers" earn a lot more than 70K,/month even back then!. Even "allowances" exceed that, back then, not to mention now that inflation has "watered down" the income!.
(At times, just PDP (Productivity Driven Pay a.k.a "Profit Sharing" at Graduate level/Snr. Sup./ABO is around 400K when business blossoms. Any one who had worked in that Industry for some time can confirm this)

I also saw your picture and from the look of things, you're still a "small boy" thus, l will pardon your "diarrhea of the mouth". kiss kiss wink

Lastpage!
Re: First Batch Of Dangote Truck Drivers To Graduate In January 2013 by erico2k2(m): 11:39pm On Nov 29, 2012
lastpage:

Muheehehe grin, this one want to kill me with "grammar"!
grin

I took your "advice" and checked your profile -- it says (and it shows in the picture) that you live in "one dinghy room" in U.K! I can even see where you hung your clothes on the wall of your dingy room!
grin grin wink
So you want to "form" for me that you live in the U.K? grin grin
Or have you forgotten l was one of those who offered you "advice" when you wanted to do your "marry-Oyinbo woman" to get U.K stay? shocked
You cant even write or spell correctly
Would you by any chance be a "bricklayer" by profession?

But that is by the way and not my problem.
Next time, dont refer people to your "profile", its ain't worth it.

I never said or implied that "you" drive a truck (maybe you have comprehension problems); just read my post again, to be sure.
I dont know which "orientation or imagination" you are talking
about but l resigned from working in a bank (at senior level then) close to fifteen years ago and l know that "qualified bankers" earn a lot more than 70K,/month even back then!. Even "allowances" exceed that, back then, not to mention now that inflation has "watered down" the income!.
(At times, just PDP (Productivity Driven Pay a.k.a "Profit Sharing" at Graduate level/Snr. Sup./ABO is around 400K when business blossoms. Any one who had worked in that Industry for some time can confirm this)

I also saw your picture and from the look of things, you're still a "small boy" thus, l will pardon your "diarrhea of the mouth". kiss kiss wink

Lastpage!

See your yeye mouth,YOU WAS SCANNING THE NET TO HAVE INFO OF HOW YOU CAN GIVE BIRTH IN THIS MY FORMING UK, DID YOU FORGET? IN 2009?? my face dey decieve you, ,your kid now must be 3 years old? you running ur mouth here that you give me advice on how to marry my Oyibo, have you taken any medication? my eldest is 9 years old here? mayB you should check the date you registered on Naira land agian.This woman you are a bunch of Briliant Ideas let me put it this way
tHIS IS WHAT YOU SAID,

NOW WHO GOT COMPREHENSION PROBLEM,You are there running your mouth you resigned 15 years ago from the bank FAT LIAR, but you was beging to come have a child in the UK 2009? and by that time, I have live in the Uk more than 15 years?you loads just chat rubish
Re: First Batch Of Dangote Truck Drivers To Graduate In January 2013 by lastpage: 6:46am On Nov 30, 2012
You are truly a dolt!

I am a "man", if you are smart enough, you would have deduced that from my post.

Again, the "give birth" story was true and it was for "someone" whose identity my wife wanted to keep private.

Having said that, you're still a "small boy" forming beyond your level.

Its obvious you are not educated (or at best, poorly educated), all your post ooze that 'dangerous mentality' of ill-educated folks.

My grouse with your type is that being "under-achievers", you try to depress others to come down to your level.
A Graduate in a Bank earns far above #70K monthly. That is a FACT.

if you think you're not worth more than that, then continue to squat on "Social Welfare" in your dinghy one room.
Otherwise, relocate and come and come and drive the BMW TRUCK grin grin
Its better than being a liability to the British Government ...and that woman you "arrangee" to marry.

Nothing do you, Nna.

Lastpage!
Re: First Batch Of Dangote Truck Drivers To Graduate In January 2013 by erico2k2(m): 11:16pm On Nov 30, 2012
lastpage: You are truly a dolt!

I am a "man", if you are smart enough, you would have deduced that from my post.

Again, the "give birth" story was true and it was for "someone" whose identity my wife wanted to keep private.

Having said that, you're still a "small boy" forming beyond your level.

Its obvious you are not educated (or at best, poorly educated), all your post ooze that 'dangerous mentality' of ill-educated folks.

My grouse with your type is that being "under-achievers", you try to depress others to come down to your level.
A Graduate in a Bank earns far above #70K monthly. That is a FACT.

if you think you're not worth more than that, then continue to squat on "Social Welfare" in your dinghy one room.
Otherwise, relocate and come and come and drive the BMW TRUCK grin grin
Its better than being a liability to the British Government ...and that woman you "arrangee" to marry.

Nothing do you, Nna.

Lastpage!
hahahah see breeze don blow fowl yash Open, U come here dey run ur mouth U never thought I could dig up that old storey abi? bross, I no know how Man, his wife and 3 kids dey live in one small dinghy room for UK ohh, or is how you lot run things in ur jungle habitat eh?I might B a small boy but trust me, one cheque from erico2k2 will change your life for ever, if newly employed bankers earn massively above N70K Im sure there are other bankers in the house, they would have put me right and talking about mentality,you are LIKE A 62 PLATE VOGUE WITH 300K MILES ON IT. grin grin grin grin, next time learn how to talk to people without insulting them,There are far better ways of airing ur views other than telling others to shut it as if U know it all, and also stop running ur mouth about my education as far back as 2001, I was already a master Degree holder and still, Im just 37, at that age waht where you doing eh, busy insulting people eh?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Organization Of The Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) New Vacancy – Apply Now / Internet Cafe Attendant / Civil Defence : I'm Unable To Generate Application Code

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.