Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,044 members, 7,939,207 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 08:22 PM

Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion (1085 Views)

So Which Is The True Religion? / The Mormon Religion / Marrying Outside One's Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religion by meipsum1: 5:22pm On Nov 27, 2012
Somebody asked this question:" If a child of God divorce his/her spouse on the ground of infidelity and remarries, will he/she still be able to make Heaven owing to the fact that Jesus said we should not divorce"? Religion section scholars, what is your answer to this. @ALEXLEO, STOP DIRECTING YOUR ANSWERS TO ME! I AM NOT EVEN MARRIED, AND WHEN I DO, I WILL NEVER HAVE A CAUSE TO DIVORCE IN JESUS NAME.
Re: Religion by Jutresbien: 5:31pm On Nov 27, 2012
meipsum1: If a child of God divorce his/her spouse on the ground of infidelity and remarries, will he/she still be able to make Heaven owing to the fact that Jesus said we should not divorce?

Jesus did not condemn divorce. He said the only scriptural ground for divorce allowing for remarriage is adultery- Matt 19:9-New Living Translation (©2007)
And I tell you this, whoever divorces his wife and marries someone else commits adultery--unless his wife has been unfaithful." Ofcourse the offended mate can chose to forgive.
Re: Religion by meipsum1: 6:10pm On Nov 27, 2012
Re: Religion by meipsum1: 6:12pm On Nov 27, 2012
Re: Religion by Jutresbien: 6:37pm On Nov 27, 2012
meipsum1: So He is not a sinner right? I need to be sure in other to give an advice.

The decision to divorce or not rests entirely with the offended mate. The scriptures show that divorce on the grounds of adultery is not a sin.
Re: Religion by meipsum1: 7:22pm On Nov 27, 2012
Alright. Thank you
Re: Religion by alexleo(m): 11:11pm On Nov 27, 2012
meipsum1: If a child of God divorce his/her spouse on the ground of infidelity and remarries, will he/she still be able to make Heaven owing to the fact that Jesus said we should not divorce?

It is a sin to remarry as long as the divorced partner is alive. Dont be decieved. It is a sin and will land you in hell. What the bible said is you can divorce on the grounds of adultery but it did not say you should remarry. I ve told you the bitter truth and thats it my dear.
read verse 10 of that same matthew 19. It means that the person divorced is still under marriage bond with the husband thats why it says that whosoever marries the divorced commits adultery. Pls dont.
Re: Religion by Thekeeper(m): 1:08am On Nov 28, 2012
What if i divorce my wife and along the line she dies. .can i still remarry?
Re: Religion by meipsum1: 3:32pm On Sep 30, 2013

(1) (Reply)

Why Is The Church Fragmented Into So Many Denominations? / Is It Normal For Pastors To Use A High Life Music Quotes/line While Preaching? / Christmas Craze Part 1; Atheists Are Not So Materialist Now....haha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.