Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,400 members, 7,881,454 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:04 PM

Mamajama's Diddy Just Doesn't Get It! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mamajama's Diddy Just Doesn't Get It! (801 Views)

Ikpeazu Doesn't Eat Foreign Rice / Reason Why Nigeria's phenomenal Football Success Doesn't Get Pass Under 17 / Soyinka: Why Now? Something Just Doesn't Add Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mamajama's Diddy Just Doesn't Get It! by BigB11(m): 12:57am On Feb 10, 2008
[s]I served Nigeria to enrich myself [/s] !  I served Nigeria the way she deserves

The name: Sunday Gabriel Ehindero is still fresh in the memory of Nigerians. At least he left office as the Inspector-General of Police in less than one year now. It was he that headed the police Nigerians believe INEC and PDP used to terrorize and intimidate Nigerians in the rigging that characterized the 2007 elections as the worst in the political history of the nation.

A little after he left office, there was a scam to his name over N21m caught in the hands of the head of the bursary unit of the Nigeria Police in Abuja. The money which also included hard currencies generated serious controversy as the man caught with the money is known to be Ehindero’s kinsman and was put in the position by Ehindero.

Reports later linked the former police chief to whatever brought the money to the office or where it was being taken to. The media was awash with details of what happened to police money under Ehindero while a stock of his choice properties in Lagos, Akure and Abuja allegedly acquired during his tenure as IG featured and graced the pages of newspapers.

During the days of this rage against the man whose days as IG witnessed the arrest, trial and jailing of the man he succeeded, Tafa Balogun, Ehindero kept mum. But last week he finally broke his silence and made a very important statement about his days in office.
“I did much for the Nigeria Police, and most of all, I brought the police closer to God”. That is Ehindero’s verdict in response to the myriad of questions Nigerians ask about his stewardship. Moreover, he is ready to absolve the police of any complicity in the disgraceful 2007 elections rigging.
Now Ehindero is talking, and he talks tough. If you see this chief cop anyway, you may not dare blame him for not doing anything right while in office. You would rather blame yourself for whatever Ehindero did improperly. He feels good and adamant about whatever you may complain he never did right while in Louis Edet House as head.

I gave what you paid for
Ehindero described his tenure as the nation’s number one cop as most fulfilling. Speaking with Spectacular Encounter, in Ise Ekiti, at a function, he disclosed that he gave his best to his calling and described whatever the shortcomings identified during his tenure as institutional lapses. ‘A nation gets the police force it can pay for. So whatever happened in my days as the IG in the Nigeria Police is what the nation paid for”.

You know, according to William Shakespeare this world is a stage, where everyone plays his own part. All men are merely players. You play your own part and allow others to play their own part. I have no regret. Generations to come will vindicate me.
Police work is never finished. It is a continuous exercise, generation, yet unborn will still have the police force. So, the more we have police force that is very equipped, the better for the nation. And I say again, nation gets the Police Force it can pay for.

I brought police closer to God
Unlike retired IGs before him, Ehindero would not identify his achievements in a better equipped police force, or in bringing criminals to their knees. His achievement is attitudinal and spiritual:
He therefore boasts that his major mark in the police as the former head is that he brought the force and the crime fighters therein closer to God.

“When I was there, first of all I brought God, closer to the policemen. I established the chaplains in the Nigerian Police and they are there for everybody to see. I brought integrity. Never mind what is happening in the Police service. Whatever is happening is the price one has to pay for serving the nation. When you serve in the position that I served, you must hurt some people and pay the price. And that is what has happened.

On Police reforms, he said: “We played our own part, in our own time, to make the Nigeria Police a better one. The Police duty is to maintain law and order and the Police Committee is looking into the Police Force in all its ramifications in relation to the reform and wherewithal of its reform . I’m sure a good job will be done on this.

Never rigged elections
“Have you heard in any of the tribunals where they mentioned that the Police collaborated in rigging the elections”? That was Ehindero’s question in answer to Spectacular Encounter question on the role the police under him played, which Nigerians have assessed as below expectation.
“The duty of the police during the elections was to provide security and that was what we did. It is the police duty to provide conducive environment in which election should take place, and that was what we did. The days are gone when police would partake in rigging elections.

Bright days for police
I’m sure the future of the Police in this country is very bright. I have no doubt in my mind In the first place you will find that part of the reforms done during my time have come to fruition. There’s an enhanced police force now.

Every minute in the police force, you’re busy. You have no time of your own. Now, my blood pressure has gone down after leaving service. Thanks to God. It’s only the amazing grace of God that sustained me. Without the amazing grace of God, you can’t cope with the problems.
Concerning his private life after service, he said: “I’m a lawyer, I’m into legal service. I’m operating my chambers and the practice is doing fine.

http://www.ngex.com/cgi-bin/frame/frameit2.plx?link=%22http://www.sunnewsonline.com/%22
Re: Mamajama's Diddy Just Doesn't Get It! by BigB11(m): 1:00am On Feb 10, 2008
It is what it is, leadership is not for everybody!

MAMAJAMA:
Please, tell your pop to just shut his pipe hole.

(1) (Reply)

Super Tuesday / Zimbabwe: 'no Problems In Voting, So Why Should There Be Problems In Counting?' / Detroits Mayor Freaky Text Messages Exposed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.