Stats: 3,170,755 members, 7,879,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 03:25 PM

FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa (5227 Views)

Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers / I Sometimes Miss My Way In Aso Villa - President Buhari / Patience Jonathan Commences Packing Out Of Aso Villa (2) (3) (4)

FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa by NGPOINT: 3:51am On Nov 29, 2012
The Federal Government is to build a new N2.2bn banquet hall in the the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

An approval for the hall, according to the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Senator Bala Muhammed, was granted by the Federal Executive Council during its meeting on Wednesday.

Wikipedia dictionary defines a banquet hall as a room or building for the purpose of hosting a party, reception, or other social events.

There is an existing hall in the Villa where national events are held.

The proposed 150- capacity hall will have walk ways, security post, hall conveniences, technical room and press briefing room.

Defending the approval, Muhammed, told State House correspondents that the council did so because smaller countries had befitting banquet halls in their seats of power.

Muhammed said the contract for the construction was awarded to Julius Berger, a company that is already in charge of services in the Presidential Villa.

He said, “The second project approved by council is the building of a 150-seater Banquet Hall in the Presidential Villa.

“We noticed that it(existing hall) is inconveniencing; it is not in tandem with what is outside the country. Even smaller countries have better Banquet Halls near their Presidential residences. Of course, part of the things we are going to provide there is a 150-seater (hall) with all the facilities that will cover the walk ways, security, hall conveniences, technical room and press briefing room that are more and more enhanced so that national broadcast can be done from there.

“The contract was awarded in the sum of N2.2billion to Julius Berger because they are more familiar with the terrain in the Presidential Villa and for security reasons.”

But the approval of the contract for the hall was flayed by the Executive President, Coalition Against Corrupt Leaders, Mr. Debo Adediran, as “irresponsible and wicked.”

Adediran, who said the government did not care about the welfare of the people, added, “This goes a long way to demonstrate the weakness of our leaders. They only care for things that favour them, their relatives and their caucus.

“ This is unimaginable, it can never be done under a dedicated government. Of what use is the hall? Is it for them to deepen corruption or to legislate? Personal satisfaction must be suppressed for the country to grow.”

The first contract okayed by FEC during the meeting which was chaired by President Goodluck Jonathan is for the rehabilitation of some selected roads in Garki and Wuse Districts at the cost of N2.78bn

The FCT minister said the contract became necessary because the affected roads had exceeded their 15 years average designed life span.

He said the reconstruction work, which had been scheduled in phases, would focus on Herbert Macaulay Way, IBB Way, Olusegun Obasanjo Way, Sultan Abubakar Way, Michael Opara Way and Ladi Kwali Street.

Muhammad said that the project would be able to generate about 750 employment opportunities during its execution.

According to him, the FCT administration set aside N400m in its 2012 budget for the commencement of the project.

The minister said that FEC also approved a Revised Estimated Total Cost of the contract for the construction of Tank 1 and 6 and Associated Truck Mains for Abuja Water project from N22bn to N20bn.

Also briefing correspondents on the outcome of the meeting, the Senior Adviser on Media to the President, Dr Reuben Abati, said the Council approved N148.9m for the conduct of Fiscal Allocation and Statutory Disbursement Audit for the 2007-2011 Oil and Gas Industry Audit.

Abati and Mohammed were joined at the briefing by the ministers of the Federal Capital Territory, Senator Bala Muhammed; Health, Prof. Onyebuchi Chukwu; Communication Technology, Mrs. Omobola Johnson; Works(state), Ambassador Bashir Yuguda; Foreign Affairs I(state), Mrs. Viola Onwuliri; Power(state), Mrs. Zainab Kuchi; and Transport, Senator Idris Umar.

FEC, according to the presidential spokesman, approved a contract for the engagement of a consultant for the Nigeria Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative to conduct fiscal allocation and statutory disbursement audit of the nation’s oil and gas industry.

He said, “The assignment given is to track extractive industry sector funds received into the Federation Account as were distributed and received by the federal, state and local government councils, with special emphasis on the application and utilisation of the funds on beneficiaries of the 13 per cent derivation and relevant federal institutions that directly receive allocations from the Federation Account.”

FEC also approved two contracts totalling N6.3bn for the National Identity Management System project.

Johnson said a contract for the supply of 30 million customised blank smartcards meant for the production of the identity cards was awarded in the sum of N5.3bn.

She also said that a contract for the personalisation of the card was also awarded in the sum of N1bn with a completion period of 18 weeks.

Chukwu said the council also approved a contract for the supply of anti-tuberculosis drugs for the multi-drug resistant tuberculosis programme through the International Dispensary Association.

He said the government was requesting for drugs that would be sufficient to treat 500 Nigerians.

The minister said the government was intervening in the supply of the drugs because it would take about N400,000 to treat a patient suffering from the disease, adding that 5,000 new cases were being reported in the country annually.

Umar also said the council approved the contract for the design, manufacture, supply and commissioning of two sets of five-car diesel multiple unit trains, each with capacity of 540 passengers, and additional six 60-seater passenger coaches to be used on narrow gauge trunk in the sum of N4.3bn.

He said the DMUS would be used for mass transit train services to meet the present day high demand for inter-city passenger traffic.

The Council was informed by Onwuliri of a “landmark” diplomatic agreement between Venezuela and Nigeria to allow transit and 90-day stay, for holders of official and diplomatic passports of both countries.

The minister noted that the agreement was a show of confidence in Nigeria.

Source: The Punch

http://ngpoint.com/2012/11/29/fg-okays-n2-2bn-party-events-hall-for-aso-villa
Re: FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa by malele(m): 5:31am On Nov 29, 2012
And the presidents wants to remove fuel subsidy.
Nigeria democracy is for the government by the government and for the government.

Re: FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa by malele(m): 5:44am On Nov 29, 2012
Am sure 2.2b can build a refinery and create jobs, BUT No, let's invest it in a party hall in aso rock so that tax payers money will be spent there.
Extremely useless leaders.

Re: FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa by SlyIg(f): 6:14am On Nov 29, 2012
Nigeria - a country that is always ready to build more cemetry in place of hospitals.

Nigeria - a Country that invests more money in party halls than industries and factories.

Nigeria - a country that imports generator set for power generation.

Nigeria - a country that will prefer providing a dog
for every household for security.

Nigeria - a country that donates motor cycle aka okada
to the unemployed youth for youth empowerment.

Nigeria - a country that wants to sack 50% of it's civil servants even when there is unemployment at alarming rate yet there is no other option of survival for the poor masses.

Nigeria - a country where the youths are seen as being lazy
even when the environment doesn't favour their struggles.

Nigeria - my only country, our country! Where are we heading to and when shall we be there.

*Sobs*

Re: FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa by Akshow: 6:43am On Nov 29, 2012
May that hall crumble and crush them thieves all to death. Can i hear an Amen

Re: FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa by Demdem(m): 8:02am On Nov 29, 2012
Is not that we dont have an existing one ooooo.
Indeed, what we have are criminals in power headed by the Retardeen himself.

Re: FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa by Super1759: 8:09am On Nov 29, 2012
Demdem: Is not that we dont have an existing one ooooo.
Indeed, what we have are criminals in power headed by the Retardeen himself.
smh..
Re: FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa by Demdem(m): 8:19am On Nov 29, 2012
Super1759: smh..

Be careful, so that it wont break.

Re: FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa by AMvanquish: 8:34am On Nov 29, 2012
Talk about misplaced priorities... We are finished in this country. Smh
Re: FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa by Nobody: 8:35am On Nov 29, 2012
2.2bn for banquet hall.naija i hail theeee...
Re: FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa by topsyking: 8:36am On Nov 29, 2012
It seems there is a lot of money to throw around in this country..everyday we hear billion dis billion dat...am so fuccking fed up of dis country..am really crying now...av not eaten dis morning..and one stuupid govt is approving billions....Bleep dem all...
Re: FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa by sambussie(m): 8:36am On Nov 29, 2012
Aren't dere better projects 2 spend money on? Our govt is visionless & lack †ђз ineptitude 2 sight priority.
Re: FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa by free2ryhme: 8:37am On Nov 29, 2012
GEJ govt: The government of wasteful spending.
Re: FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa by Super1759: 8:39am On Nov 29, 2012
Demdem:

Be careful, so that it wont break.
the problem I have with you is that you don't know the name of your president anymore.
Re: FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa by Afam4eva(m): 8:42am On Nov 29, 2012
Here we go again...They say there's no money yet they're wasting 2billion on a banquet hall as if the several banquet halls all over Abuja is not enough. Some people need to be shot in the eye for this country to move forward.

Re: FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa by Nobody: 8:42am On Nov 29, 2012
And none shall say 'I am without a pot-belly'
Re: FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa by Demdem(m): 8:43am On Nov 29, 2012
Super1759: the problem I have with you is that you don't know the name of your president anymore.

After sometime names of living criminals and crooks are easily forgotten. peeps will find it easy to call them by their pseudo names which is a reflection of their handiwork. This isnt any exception.

Re: FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa by Transmission(f): 8:53am On Nov 29, 2012
This is arrant rubbish....i tink bokoharam nid 2wakeup nw n go ahead and bomb d presidential villa....coz i c no reason y d govt will use a huge sum of 2.2b all in d name of buildin a bouquet hall....idiot leaders

Re: FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa by Super1759: 8:54am On Nov 29, 2012
Demdem:

After sometime names of living criminals and crooks are easily forgotten. peeps will find it easy to call them by their pseudo names which is a reflection of their handiwork. This isnt any exception.
he who is of without sin,let him cast a stone. So your job is to give names but not exhibiting a true patriotic citizen
Re: FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa by Demdem(m): 8:57am On Nov 29, 2012
Super1759: he who is of without sin,let him cast a stone. So your job is to give names but not exhibiting a true patriotic citizen

No one expects him to be perfect but there are some basic things that are indefensible and outright stuppid. This is an example of several numerous the retardeen has been involved with even right from his bayelsa days.
By the way, that name of his didnt originate from me.

Re: FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa by naptu2: 9:00am On Nov 29, 2012
What I'd like to know is, what is wrong with the current banquet hall (it was built in 2003 for the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting).

Below, the current banquet hall.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/829481_banquet20hall_jpgc688afe215b8d3e657b3b85f82244600
Re: FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa by Whobedatte(m): 9:01am On Nov 29, 2012
And now GEJ, Sanusi, Okonjo and other blood sucking vampires would come and tell us we are insolvent, and we need a removal on fuel subsidy!!! May God punish those that voted this slowpoke to power out of sheer sentiment, ethnic and religious affiliations

Re: FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa by Demdem(m): 9:04am On Nov 29, 2012
naptu2: What I'd like to know is, what is wrong with the current banquet hall (it was built in 2003 for the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting).

Below, the current banquet hall.

The retardeen's minister claims that its not befitting enough like what is obtainable in other countries. grin
Can u imagine the goat.
Re: FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa by Super1759: 9:06am On Nov 29, 2012
Demdem:

No one expects him to be perfect but there are some basic things that are indefensible and outright stuppid. This is an example of several numerous the retardeen has been involved with even right from his bayelsa days.
By the way, that name of his didnt originate from me.
the name didn't originate from you but as long as nairaland is concerned, you have taken it upon your self to invoke the name by all means, 9-out of 10 of your posts carries the name
Re: FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa by Demdem(m): 9:08am On Nov 29, 2012
Super1759: the name didn't originate from you but as long as nairaland is concerned, you have taken it upon your self to invoke the name by all means, 9-out of 10 of your posts carries the name

And how has that affected ur life? Are u the retardeen? undecided undecided

Re: FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa by Kajiang02(m): 9:08am On Nov 29, 2012
Nigeria I hail thee, Now we see reasons why the boko guys may not even wanna settle for a paltry ransom. I'm sure they'll be expecting a large bounty if they ever decide to seize fire for a ransom.
Them fit vex sef attack this place, this is pure waste of funds GEJ
Re: FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa by Nobody: 9:09am On Nov 29, 2012
Sometimes I feel like asking God why He made me a Nigerian..

Re: FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa by honeric01(m): 9:14am On Nov 29, 2012
Super1759: he who is of without sin,let him cast a stone. So your job is to give names but not exhibiting a true patriotic citizen

so its okay for criminals to steal and rape your kids since you say "he who's without sin, let him cast a stone". which kind people dey this country self?
Re: FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa by Super1759: 9:16am On Nov 29, 2012
Demdem:

And how has that affected ur life? Are u the retardeen? undecided undecided
not at all, my life is blessed as nigeria is. And our president as well
Re: FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa by Demdem(m): 9:17am On Nov 29, 2012
honeric01:

so its okay for criminals to steal and rape your kids since you say "he who's without sin, let him cast a stone". which kind people dey this country self?

I tire myself oo.
Re: FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa by Demdem(m): 9:21am On Nov 29, 2012
Super1759: not at all, my life is blessed as nigeria is. And our president as well

Of cos the retardeen is blessed. Him and his fellow Aso gluttons currently eat approx 1billion naira worth of food while so many of his country men wallow in poverty. Who will say such isn't blessed?
Re: FG Okays N2.2bn Party, Events Hall For Aso Villa by amivel(f): 9:22am On Nov 29, 2012
Useless leadersone day for the tthief another day for owner God will deal with them one by one

Asari-dokubo Threatens Amaechi, Sylva And Niger Delta Voters Over Elections / #ENDSARS: Either The North Leaves Nigeria Or The South Leaves / Which Properties And Businesses Did Tinubu Own Before 1999?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55