Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,717 members, 7,882,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 04:42 AM

Drivers Wanted: Minimum Qualification, Phd - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Drivers Wanted: Minimum Qualification, Phd (529 Views)

Charcoal production Supervisors Needed. 70K Salary, No Minimum Qualification / Vacancy For Abuja Residents Only In A Travel Company Minimum Qualification, Ssce / Needed Urgently: Well Packaged Female Marketers With Minimum Qualification Of Ond (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Drivers Wanted: Minimum Qualification, Phd by Nobody: 7:17am On Nov 29, 2012
ONE of the greatest philosophers that ever lived, Aristotle, opined centuries ago: “Men come together in cities in order to live; but they remain together in order to live the good life”.

It is, however, becoming increasingly harder to live the good life in Nigerian cities today.

As if we are engaged in a deliberate race to seek appropriate answers to the poser left behind by Ralph Emerson (1803-1882): “Can anyone remember when times were not hard and money not scarce?” We seem impelled to force an answer.

We must admit that although times have remained hard over the ages, we are drifting so fast to the point of no return, to the extent that so soon, PhD holders are now begging to be employed as chauffeurs.

This used to be the exclusive preserve for those who did not see the four walls of any classroom or those who dropped out of primary school.

Times were not this hard. This writer recollects, with nostalgia, the late 1960s, when he worked in an insurance company in Lagos as an underwriting clerk. One Monday morning, I had a serious disagreement with the company’s Chief Accountant. I merely tolerated the man till break time. As soon as it was 12.30p.m., I hopped into the ferry and crossed over to Apapa. I started another job that same afternoon.

Source:
Re: Drivers Wanted: Minimum Qualification, Phd by HMoney: 9:03am On Nov 29, 2012
Wow.. this is wonderful!!!

(1) (Reply)

Training Videos For Sale!!!!!! Train Signal & Cbt Nuggets - Microsoft, Cisco E / Urgent Vacancy / Any Job For A VET DOC?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.