Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,958 members, 7,906,625 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 01:27 PM

Kissing Your Wife In Public In Dubai Can Land You In Jail - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Kissing Your Wife In Public In Dubai Can Land You In Jail (1008 Views)

My Shocking Experiences In Public Buses----ladies Be Very Vigilant! / Nigerian Driver In Canada Loses License For Insulting Gay Men Kissing In His Cab / Where Can I Buy Gold In Dubai? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kissing Your Wife In Public In Dubai Can Land You In Jail by Tokotaya: 4:56pm On Nov 29, 2012
When you are in a foreign land, respect their idiosyncrasies and of course their law. How many Nigerians for instance know that you can go to jail for one month if you pucker up to your wife in a restaurant in Dubai? Yeah, that’s right.

So, imagine what will happen if you are caught pants down with a member of the opposite sex in a public place. You are asking for it.

A British woman and Irish man recently accused of engaging in sexual activities in a Dubai taxi have now been sent to jail for three months after which they will be deported.

Rebecca Blake and Conor McRedmond both denied charges of "breach of honour with consent" and committing "an indecent act in a taxi" when they appeared in court last month. They also pleaded guilty to a third charge related to consumption of alcohol in public.

"The court sentenced them to jail for three months and deportation in addition to a fine of 3000 dirhams (R7300) each," their lawyer Shaker al-Shammary said.

Granted that United Arab Emirates is the most liberal of the seven-member UAE federation; granted it wants to be seen as a tourist haven and throws its doors open to all and sundry; still, the country frowns on acts that fly in the face of their Muslim identity.

So, brothers and sisters, be careful.
http://johnaweonline..com/2012/11/jail-time-for-sex-in-taxi.html
Re: Kissing Your Wife In Public In Dubai Can Land You In Jail by shagry1(m): 11:43pm On Nov 30, 2012
@poster: everyone who lives or come to dubai kn all dis, so i dont c anything special in ur post
Re: Kissing Your Wife In Public In Dubai Can Land You In Jail by Penstef(f): 6:19pm On Dec 02, 2012
Mr Shagry speak 4 urself oh. I ddnt know this before and I was busy planning 2 spend my honeymoon there. Please @poster, what do Ʋ think?
Re: Kissing Your Wife In Public In Dubai Can Land You In Jail by Tokotaya: 6:25pm On Dec 05, 2012
Penstef: Mr Shagry speak 4 urself oh. I ddnt know this before and I was busy planning 2 spend my honeymoon there. Please @poster, what do Ʋ think?

My brother, I agree with you o. I don't know what Shagri is talking about. The fact that he knows does not mean 'everyone knows'. I for one didnt know police could arrest you if you kiss your wife in a restaurant in Dubai.

(1) (Reply)

Accident On Lagos-ibadan Express Way On Thursday. / Nigerians In Katowice Poland / Breaking: Massive Train Crash In Philadelphia[picures]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.