Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,712 members, 7,938,166 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 06:56 PM

$240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo (25671 Views)

God Has Told Me Who Will Be President - Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo, KICC London / Julius Malema To Visit T.B Joshua To ‘Ask For Blessings’ / Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by greatgod2012(f): 4:15am On Nov 30, 2012
floriana: It is not only Ashimolowo. They are all scammers and conmen. One 'daddy GO' once wrote something like that in the daily devotional published and sold by him to his 'worshippers'. The implications of his law of sowing and reaping can be interpreted thus:

1. Sow N1,000 reap N10,000
2. Sow Toyota Camry 2006 reap Camry 2012
3. Sow your entire salary, reap the position of MD in
your workplace
4. Sow your lifesavings, reap central bank of Nigeria
5. Sow 500KVA Mikano generator, reap NEPA
6. Sow private jet, reap jumbo jets + International
airport to serve as plane-park
7. Sow your first son, reap Dangote
8. Sow your wife, reap Dame Patience Jonathan
9 sow your flat backside, reap Beyonce + Kim
Kadarshian backsides
10. Sow an estate, reap, Lagos state.

It annoys me that so many educated, and socially aware but spiritually idiotic men and women who are too lazy to study their bibles keep falling prey to these scammers. And their followers will say 'touch not my anointed + don't judge so that.........

u no go kill me o, i don laugh tire, and are u sure pple fell for this scam?

1 Like

Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by Nobody: 4:18am On Nov 30, 2012
All these NL pastor haters... e concern una..
Make I drop my own..
[img]http://4.bp..com/-U6ipTlXEFk0/Tnmd2Q-UIEI/AAAAAAAAAMA/Y9QDjMg9T6Q/s320/Theiving+Preachers.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by greatgod2012(f): 4:18am On Nov 30, 2012
tinnymerit: I dont know how far it is true,i heard he was sent to the UK by foursquare gospel church in Nigeria for a training/development and when he got there he had what he was sent there to do and started his own church without considering the sender.I dont know how far it is true but a friend confirmed it though.

yes, i was a foursquare member before i got married and my brother is still a pastor there, so, im confirming........its true.

God knows those that are His.
Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by greatgod2012(f): 4:24am On Nov 30, 2012
Its not their fault, they are good sellers, and some pple are just gullible to use huge sum to buy emptiness. Why do i have to buy God's blessing with money? When His blessings never cease, they are new everymorning to me and His faithfulness is great.

4 Likes

Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by Nobody: 4:28am On Nov 30, 2012
Christians deserve what they get. Consequence of gullibility, naivety, and confusion.

Are Mosques like this? Siphoning hardworking people of their hard earned cash?
Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by baby124: 5:20am On Nov 30, 2012
Na wa, just when you think churches have reached their lowest in Nigeria, they surprise you and challenge you to witnessing a new low. You mean all the money from tithes, books, collection 1,2,3; wedding, naming etc is not enough. I suspect buying miracles is next.

2 Likes

Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by gunuvi(m): 5:39am On Nov 30, 2012
My brother you don fall my hand oo. Why don't you also line up and when it reach your turn you will land the pastor a hot thunderous slap and shout may Thunder Fire You. Your blessing afterwards will be in great abundance

2 Likes

Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by KINGwax(m): 6:19am On Nov 30, 2012
Deep Sight:

This man. What on Earth did you write and then remove. Fess up.
hehehehe..father confessor!
Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by Nobody: 6:19am On Nov 30, 2012
When will christians stop soiling this religion know as xtianity? Can't the religion exist without scandals? Attimes,I hate being a xtian,our pastors sucks big time.
Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by txswat: 6:25am On Nov 30, 2012
As a person of faith let me start by saying most of what he is saying is probably true but it has nothing to do with what he did or said. God is not a genie! The simple law of sowing and reaping is applicable in all facets of life. You don't need to be a religious person to understand it or even practice it. Unfortunately "preachers" use it to manipulate impressionable people. What's most important for people to know is God does not need your money to accomplish anything. There are some things the bible teaches on being good stewards of our money but whether people decide to give an offering or not God can still accomplish what he wants to accomplish. This "24hr miracle teaching" is very dishonest at best! Will God decide not to bless people who cannot afford the "price" ($240 or $100)? I am not a bible scholar and don't pretend to know it all in the bible but there are some basic elements of the bible that are not opened to anyone's self promoting interpretation. Might as well change the title of the message to "Bring your money to the Genie for a 24hr miracle" Excuse my french but that is a bunch of BS!!!

1 Like

Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by bory09(m): 6:33am On Nov 30, 2012
Where you sow thou shall you reap. Where you work thou shall you enjoy. Give and it be given unto you. Everything has gain so my people stop criticising.
Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by binbass(m): 6:39am On Nov 30, 2012
bory09: Where you sow thou shall you reap. Where you work thou shall you enjoy. Give and it be given unto you. Everything has gain so my people stop criticising.
Another scammer to be. Ole omo ifo

8 Likes

Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by biolabee(m): 6:44am On Nov 30, 2012
ive used to go to the church when it was in spoonfeeders one eatery in gbabaga .
passed it a few days ago and saw the new structure

the pastor is a young nice guy with focus on youth empowerment (a mini daystar) kinda thing
He is doing a good job

So this may mean the neo-prosperity gospel may be coming there
100 usd is like 16k.. wow
If u guys want to find use for money ..log on to the TehN charity flight cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by omanifrank(m): 6:52am On Nov 30, 2012
lets try to control our moods here...Who are we to Judge The Actions Of Others...

Always remember this quote

"THE Gospel Is Free But Running The Gospel Is Not Free"
Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by mosunade(f): 7:05am On Nov 30, 2012
Whats all that about? All churches do that. Inclusive of Redeem. It is not by force, so, what are you crying about? If you have you give, if you dont, you sit still. When they call for special offerings, it could be for specific projects, programmes or some community work somewhere. Why do you all assume it is so they could defraud people? People willingly give millions, because they have been so so blessed, but because you are broke and poor, you think it is a taboo or 419 for people to give money in church. SMH. If you understand the principle of giving, you will every week look for the nearest church to give something to, but if you dont, you will continue to think like a pauper and blame yourself when you find people progressing from God's hundred fold blessings.

4 Likes

Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by caesaraba(m): 7:07am On Nov 30, 2012
shocked Shekau, are you reading this?!!
Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by Bestlyf: 7:10am On Nov 30, 2012
Pastor Kun: This not news, such scams are typical of Ashimolowo. He cannot preach any where without attempting to scam them there with his so called 24hr miracle. The slowpoke is just a plain fraud period.
Just wondering why you called him slowpoke when he is getting three long lines of people ready and willing to part with the amounts requested for.

1 Like

Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by pizzle234(m): 7:13am On Nov 30, 2012
Scam scam scam. This man wan buy jet too.

1 Like

Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by 5much(m): 7:15am On Nov 30, 2012
blessings shouldnt b for sale

2 Likes

Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by pizzle234(m): 7:19am On Nov 30, 2012
mosun_ade: Whats all that about? All churches do that. Inclusive of Redeem. It is not by force, so, what are you crying about? If you have you give, if you dont, you sit still. When they call for special offerings, it could be for specific projects, programmes or some community work somewhere. Why do you all assume it is so they could defraud people? People willingly give millions, because they have been so so blessed, but because you are broke and poor, you think it is a taboo or 419 for people to give money in church. SMH. If you understand the principle of giving, you will every week look for the nearest church to give something to, but if you dont, you will continue to think like a pauper and blame yourself when you find people progressing from God's hundred fold blessings.

Agreed. But blessing are not for sale. So those that don't have the 240 and 100 what's gonna happen to them..

4 Likes

Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by Bestlyf: 7:23am On Nov 30, 2012
saxywale: this is not new. he did something similar to this on OAU campus in 2005. telling students to sow not less than 1000 naira to receive blessings. it happens a lot in redeem churches as well, guest pastors telling you to sow a special seed to receive blessings.
This thing works more when it is coming from a guest pastor, when the host pastor has tried to no avail.

1 Like

Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by Bestlyf: 7:30am On Nov 30, 2012
pizzle234:

Agreed. But blessing are not for sale. So those that don't have the 240 and 100 what's gonna happen to them..
They will still be blessed. If you don't have what was asked for give what you have. If you give according to your ability its acceptable to God. I have seen things work this way.

1 Like

Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by caesaraba(m): 7:32am On Nov 30, 2012
floriana:
4. Sow your lifesavings, reap central bank of Nigeria
5. Sow 500KVA Mikano generator, reap NEPA

7. Sow your first son, reap Dangote

10. Sow an estate, reap, Lagos state.

Lwtmb!
Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by pizzle234(m): 7:35am On Nov 30, 2012
Bestlyf:
They will still be blessed. If you don't have what was asked for give what you have. If you give according to your ability its acceptable to God. I have seen things work this way.

Won't they feel intimidated? I feel he should just make it simple. Like contribute what you have with no price tag.
Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by rusher14: 7:39am On Nov 30, 2012
mosun_ade: Whats all that about? All churches do that. Inclusive of Redeem. It is not by force, so, what are you crying about? If you have you give, if you dont, you sit still. When they call for special offerings, it could be for specific projects, programmes or some community work somewhere. Why do you all assume it is so they could defraud people? People willingly give millions, because they have been so so blessed, but because you are broke and poor, you think it is a taboo or 419 for people to give money in church. SMH. If you understand the principle of giving, you will every week look for the nearest church to give something to, but if you dont, you will continue to think like a pauper and blame yourself when you find people progressing from God's hundred fold blessings.
I can see you are a certified maga.
What is this principle of giving to receive you people talk about, is it some kind of bribe? 'cause that works well.
If these monies are used for these PROJECTS as you seem to believe don't you think all the roads in this country would be paved? All the orphans would be fed?
Tell me how much zuckerberg gave to be a billionaire or even all the Hollywood actors you know. Ok maybe what you receive isn't money maybe it is health, question were you sick when you woke up that you need to pay someone to guarantee you are not sick when you go to bed?
The problem is most people don't want to work and believe that life is filled with such evil it is impossible to go a day without being SPIRITUALLY PROTECTED.
God does not need your money, pastors do.

3 Likes

Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by Bestlyf: 7:44am On Nov 30, 2012
pizzle234:

Won't they feel intimidated? I feel he should just make it simple. Like contribute what you have with no price tag.
It all boils down to personal understanding. I was in one of his meeting sometimes this year whe he called for $100, which I don't have at the time and I wanted give something by all means(my personal decision). I did give what I had and moved on. I guess my testimony must have been greater than those who gave the $100. Its a faith issue.
Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by pizzle234(m): 7:48am On Nov 30, 2012
[quote author=rusher14]
I can see you are a certified maga.
Lol @ certified maga

1 Like

Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by free2ryhme: 7:50am On Nov 30, 2012
let me add my own

Jeremiah 9:23-24

Amplified Bible (AMP)

23 Thus says the Lord: Let not the wise and skillful person glory and boast in his wisdom and skill; let not the mighty and powerful person glory and boast in his strength and power; let not the person who is rich [in physical gratification and earthly wealth] glory and boast in his [temporal satisfactions and earthly] riches;

24 But let him who glories glory in this: that he understands and knows Me [personally and practically, directly discerning and recognizing My character], that I am the Lord, Who practices loving-kindness, judgment, and righteousness in the earth, for in these things I delight, says the Lord.

1 Peter 4:17

Amplified Bible (AMP)

17 For the time [has arrived] for judgment to begin with the household of God; and if it begins with us, what will [be] the end of those who do not respect or believe or obey the good news (the Gospel) of God?

He that has ear let him hear what the Spirit is saying
Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by pizzle234(m): 7:50am On Nov 30, 2012
Bestlyf:
It all boils down to personal understanding. I was in one of his meeting sometimes this year whe he called for $100, which I don't have at the time and I wanted give something by all means(my personal decision). I did give what I had and moved on. I guess my testimony must have been greater than those who gave the $100. Its a faith issue.

100dollars for what Pastors shouldn't be after money.
Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by sucess001(m): 7:53am On Nov 30, 2012
Deep Sight:
Any HICC member's available to confirm/ explain away this?

am not a member buh i can confim. i was in a similar service where he did same in aother church yesternight. same figures. its for a '24hr' miracle.

am indifferent rily. who am i to say its a scam? things of God dont follow normal reasoning.

however, i wasnt led to do it and my spirit also didnt concur...so i let it slide... i tink we all shud too...the power to determine right or wrong depends on God...

Peace y'all...

1 Like

Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by miqos02(m): 7:53am On Nov 30, 2012
tinnymerit: I dont know how far it is true,i heard he was sent to the UK by foursquare gospel church in Nigeria for a training/development and when he got there he had what he was sent there to do and started his own church without considering the sender.I dont know how far it is true but a friend confirmed it though.
he has his roots in the CAC,his wife is the daughter of a CAC pastor
Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by PastorOla1: 7:55am On Nov 30, 2012
Deep Sight:
Any HICC member's available to confirm/ explain away this?
KICC NOT HICC PLS.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

There Shall Be New Nigeria’, Pastor Adeboye Optimistic, Composes New Song / Daddy Freeze: Prosperity Doctrine Is Fraudulent & Satanic From The Pits Of Hell / What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.