Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,904 members, 7,906,388 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 10:11 AM

Knocking Ceremony (what To Wear). - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Knocking Ceremony (what To Wear). (3461 Views)

Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] / Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers / What Would You Prefer Your Wife To Wear Always? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Knocking Ceremony (what To Wear). by lolliba(f): 1:53pm On Feb 11, 2008
hello nairalanders,
it's valentine's season and my boyfriend just proposed to me.( Of course i accepted) he intends coming over with some members of his family to see my parents, but, the visit is actually called knocking on the door traditionally. this is not the actual introduction ceremony. i am confused as per what to wear.

should i wear an english attire or native(ankara)?

i don't want to be under dressed or over dressed.

pls, help!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Knocking Ceremony (what To Wear). by gentleone(f): 2:06pm On Feb 11, 2008
wear something simple. ankara preferably.
Re: Knocking Ceremony (what To Wear). by SeeWhy(f): 1:38pm On Feb 12, 2008
Yes wear ankara. Just make it into a beautiful long skirt and top. skip the head tie but make sure your hair is nicely done.

All the best,
Re: Knocking Ceremony (what To Wear). by clemcykul(f): 11:44am On Feb 15, 2008
just wear bra and pants grin

kiddn lol grin

anyway just look casual and relaxed. fix skul cap it fits every face angle, go on denim and polo shirt. my opinion though wink
Re: Knocking Ceremony (what To Wear). by omogenaija(f): 8:59pm On Feb 15, 2008
get some trendy style made of ankara and make sure ur hair and nails and face is done right.
Re: Knocking Ceremony (what To Wear). by almondjoy(f): 8:45am On Feb 17, 2008
Definitely a simple, but chic ankara with your arms and the top part of your boobs barely there, like those low-cut "UU" or "V" cut sexy blouses and skin tight long skirt to show suggest all your healthy arrrrrrrrrrsssets! Low heels to expose your sexy clean toes.  Simple jewelry and some nice braids.  Perm/weaves never goes with traditional attires, just like braids and dreadlocks never to with English attires. angry  Even his accompanying kindred will be impressed. kiss

When they leave eventually all that will be in their minds is:

Ele ti o baaaaaaaaaaaaad! grin

They really will want their son to have a nice looking woman for a wife. They are not there for your 2-hr perfomance as a "good' girl trust me. cheesy

Oh!  One more thing.  No head ties, no buba and iro like Iya Nuru please. kiss  Make sure you have simple make up with lip gloss preferably and no fake nails.  Make sure if you have fake acrylic nails, they are short with clear polish.

Smile more and do not talk much while they are there.  Let your eyes do the talking. That gives an element of mystery--they would definitely want to know you berrrrrrrrer and will come knocking again. kiss

Sit by your folks do not sit with them.  They are coming for you--let them come closer and closer.  Don't look overly interested in the husband to be or his folks.  Just maintain enough interest to let them know you like your groom to be.  Not act snobbish of course--just cool as a cucumber and reserved as a reservoir!

Sorry a took up alot of ya time here. But there is more to the dressing when you are meeting "his people"  on this formal occasion.

Besides typing on Nairaland has no word limits--and very, very inexpensive! kiss
Re: Knocking Ceremony (what To Wear). by omogenaija(f): 2:37am On Feb 19, 2008
@ almondjoy u said it right
n yes girl ur young , pls dont wear iru ati boba, thats style is iya aburo

(1) (Reply)

Ladies Tokunbo Pants (okrika Pata) / Tips On Choosing Face Skin Care Products / Retin-a Cream! The Best For Your Skin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.