Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,596 members, 7,917,901 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 05:52 PM

UBA Named 'African Bank Of The Year. - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / UBA Named 'African Bank Of The Year. (8169 Views)

South African Bank Targets Nigerian Market / GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. / Lagos-Ibadan Expressway To Be Financed By South African Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UBA Named 'African Bank Of The Year. by sugar001(f): 3:10pm On Nov 30, 2012
:DMy bank........yipeeeeeeeee
Re: UBA Named 'African Bank Of The Year. by yuzedo: 3:10pm On Nov 30, 2012
Their local retail banking might be nothing to write home about but they are up there when it comes to real banking and funding business/development across Nigeria and Africa..
Most of these new generation banks just offer cosmetic services, forget. Real banking belongs to a few institutions such as UBA.. The award is deserving to me.

1 Like

Re: UBA Named 'African Bank Of The Year. by DoctorAbu(m): 3:35pm On Nov 30, 2012
GTB>First bank>Diamond bank>Zenith bank>FCMB>All microfinance banks>>>>>My private safe at home>>>UBA

7 Likes

Re: UBA Named 'African Bank Of The Year. by Nobody: 3:37pm On Nov 30, 2012
How much dem BARGAIN for the Awards. Bekus na the highest bidder get am.
Re: UBA Named 'African Bank Of The Year. by Nobody: 3:39pm On Nov 30, 2012
+800,000

DoctorAbu: My private safe at home>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>UBA

1 Like

Re: UBA Named 'African Bank Of The Year. by Nobody: 3:42pm On Nov 30, 2012
Re: UBA Named 'African Bank Of The Year. by ThomasAnongu(m): 3:55pm On Nov 30, 2012
Hold it there! UBA or Uba bank don't deserve award if it were based on excellent services, bank policies, quality of staff, etc. But I guess they used it to get money 4m dem. Mugu + Mumu Bank. Check out foolish bank wey get award. 4 wat?

Re: UBA Named 'African Bank Of The Year. by 360command: 4:03pm On Nov 30, 2012
UBA(UNITED BANK OF AFRICA), I think its time for you to be called United Bank of the World(UBW).
Re: UBA Named 'African Bank Of The Year. by BTT(m): 4:05pm On Nov 30, 2012
First, congratulations to UBA. I am sure most of you would have been happier if it were given to some foreign banks. Keep it up guys.

Too, even though anybody can 'organise' an award for anybody, in this case the awarding body is a proven entity. Not one Nnamdi Amuda & Co trying to shore up favours and reward it's client.

Three, I neither bank nor work with either banks- but I know that UBA's customer care at the RETAIL end shivers in comparison to GTb's. But then, banking business is beyond the nods and genuflects you get when you bring (or come to take) your monthly meager N20,000. (Maybe another body who rates banks based on other specific parameters-like customer care experience, tech and innovation, corp soc res, shareholders base/fund etc. may come up with something to massage our expectations). When it comes to consumer banking-where banking matters- inter alia, like financing and access to it, GTb crumbles at the feet of UBA. It is beyond PHYSICAL gatelessness. No, it is beyond it.

Fourthly, even though it may be true that our national banking history rubbishes the integrity of awards, it is not untrue that awards-the world over- will always be given and used as a tool for motivation and recognition.

Take a deep breath. Think about it; with just what you see and know about both banks: Between GTb and UBA, who is actually financially strengthening Africa? Again, think about it.

My cup.
Re: UBA Named 'African Bank Of The Year. by babadey(m): 4:38pm On Nov 30, 2012
Does that change the rate of naira against foreign currencies? undecided
Re: UBA Named 'African Bank Of The Year. by babadey(m): 4:38pm On Nov 30, 2012
Does that change the rate of naira against foreign currencies? Or the price of garri in the market? undecided
Re: UBA Named 'African Bank Of The Year. by OkwaIfugo(m): 4:47pm On Nov 30, 2012
anyway we don accept am.
Re: UBA Named 'African Bank Of The Year. by Nobody: 4:51pm On Nov 30, 2012
Congratulations. Collect ur cash at the nearest Uba Office for this good job

BTT: First, congratulations to UBA. I am sure most of you would have been happier if it were given to some foreign banks. Keep it up guys.

Too, even though anybody can 'organise' an award for anybody, in this case the awarding body is a proven entity. Not one Nnamdi Amuda & Co trying to shore up favours and reward it's client.

Three, I neither bank nor work with either banks- but I know that UBA's customer care at the RETAIL end shivers in comparison to GTb's. But then, banking business is beyond the nods and genuflects you get when you bring (or come to take) your monthly meager N20,000. (Maybe another body who rates banks based on other specific parameters-like customer care experience, tech and innovation, corp soc res, shareholders base/fund etc. may come up with something to massage our expectations). When it comes to consumer banking-where banking matters- inter alia, like financing and access to it, GTb crumbles at the feet of UBA. It is beyond PHYSICAL gatelessness. No, it is beyond it.

Fourthly, even though it may be true that our national banking history rubbishes the integrity of awards, it is not untrue that awards-the world over- will always be given and used as a tool for motivation and recognition.

Take a deep breath. Think about it; with just what you see and know about both banks: Between GTb and UBA, who is actually financially strengthening Africa? Again, think about it.

My cup.
Re: UBA Named 'African Bank Of The Year. by onuwaje(m): 5:06pm On Nov 30, 2012
Warrahell.....
Re: UBA Named 'African Bank Of The Year. by Exponental(m): 5:43pm On Nov 30, 2012
The most useless bank 2 deal with......corruption n politics at play.
Re: UBA Named 'African Bank Of The Year. by miqos02(m): 6:13pm On Nov 30, 2012
Ok ok ok
Re: UBA Named 'African Bank Of The Year. by normaljenny(m): 6:47pm On Nov 30, 2012
legalwealth: I agree as much as I'm at least enjoying their UBA Africard big time.

Can the UBA africard be used in verification of my payza.com account? Pls get me an answer. Thanks.
Re: UBA Named 'African Bank Of The Year. by rflexii(m): 7:06pm On Nov 30, 2012
You can use your uba africard for payza, and as for me the award is a well deserved one, customer care @ uba might still be off it, but look at the ebanking services (umobile, africard, udirect, upay, ucollect among others, schools online) and tell me which other bank can boast of products/services like those.

Also, look at the capital base of the bank... No other bank in nigeria can compete with that except standard chattered bank though...

Finally look at facility rendering to customers, which other bank give facility like uba in nigeria...

You can hate as much as you want... Uba already got the award smiley
Re: UBA Named 'African Bank Of The Year. by AdeniyiA(m): 7:34pm On Nov 30, 2012
as we have human corruption,so we have banking corruption which UBA perfectly represents.
their inconsiderate charges are enough to gather enuf money to win any award... smh
Re: UBA Named 'African Bank Of The Year. by hoomogh(m): 7:44pm On Nov 30, 2012
Demdem: here we go again. anytime u see a Nigerian bank being given an award, one has to watch it, Such bank is about to Die grin grin
FYI , UBA has won this same award few years bk. It Doesnt change anything and wil only continue 2 get better.
Re: UBA Named 'African Bank Of The Year. by EngrChris(m): 8:27pm On Nov 30, 2012
For being the best as old generation bank that has more branches in africa but as far as I'm concern there costumers service in nigeria is bad, in this generation a customer suppose to spend not more that 10mins in bank no matter your transaction with them but not UBA, entring UBA as a customer wether deposite or withdrawal be ready to spend more than 1hr b4 your transaction will be assured. Incase of excuses if customers increase they need to increase by employing more people that is my advise to them. UBA congratulation but wake up, you are sleeping. Thanks
Re: UBA Named 'African Bank Of The Year. by Nobody: 8:29pm On Nov 30, 2012
GTBANK, FIRST BANK end of talk. GBAM!
Re: UBA Named 'African Bank Of The Year. by EngrChris(m): 8:29pm On Nov 30, 2012
For being the best as old generation bank that has more branches in africa but as far as I'm concern there costumers service in nigeria is bad, in this generation a customer suppose to spend not more that 10mins in bank no matter your transaction with them but not UBA, entring UBA as a customer wether deposite or withdrawal be ready to spend more
than 1hr b4 your transaction will be assured. Incase of excuses if customers increase they need to increase by employing more people that is my advise to them. UBA congratulation but wake up, you are sleeping too much b4 you from your sleeping bed . Thanks[color=#990000][/color]
Re: UBA Named 'African Bank Of The Year. by EngrChris(m): 8:32pm On Nov 30, 2012
For being the best as old generation bank that has more branches in africa but as far as I'm concern there costumers service in nigeria is bad, in this generation a customer suppose to spend not more that 10mins in bank no matter your transaction with them but not UBA, entring UBA as a customer wether deposite or withdrawal be ready to spend more
than 1hr b4 your transaction will be assured. Incase of excuses if customers increase they need to increase by employing more people that is my advise to them. UBA congratulation but wake up, you are sleeping too much b4 you die from your sleeping bed . Thanks[color=#990000][/color]
Re: UBA Named 'African Bank Of The Year. by Proxytalk: 8:39pm On Nov 30, 2012
pple dont understand the criteria. gtb is a local bank based in nigeria while uba is a regional bank that has presence in over 18 african countries new york london and paris, maintaing each countries capital base, oiling busnesses through remitances and transfers across africa with the rest of the world that is the criteria. gtb my be best in cust. service, but it cant win african bank award cos they are just nigeria bank

1 Like

Re: UBA Named 'African Bank Of The Year. by Nobody: 9:45pm On Nov 30, 2012
What? UBA? Smh
Re: UBA Named 'African Bank Of The Year. by Adesiji77: 10:34pm On Nov 30, 2012
Stanbic IBTC Bank is the bank to beat for excellent customer service!
Re: UBA Named 'African Bank Of The Year. by aglomar: 10:49pm On Nov 30, 2012
They don't seem to have such a strong presence in Nigeria.
Re: UBA Named 'African Bank Of The Year. by lukade: 10:58pm On Nov 30, 2012
DoctorAbu: GTB>First bank>Diamond bank>Zenith bank>FCMB>All microfinance banks>>>>>My private safe at home>>>UBA

correct. a major share holder in UBA is a soudi prince [currently in forbs richest list].they did it to promote the bank.AN TIRED OF READING LIES IN THE MEDIA.THESE LIES WILL NOT ENCOURAGE GROWTH.NOW LET US IMAGINE THIS LIE TOGETHER;UBA is better than GTB,zenith bank,Ecobank,first bank and all the banks in Africa including ABSA bank in South Africa .is this a nice way of introbucing Africa to the world?

1 Like

Re: UBA Named 'African Bank Of The Year. by burningspear(m): 11:10pm On Nov 30, 2012
ziccoit: Is this the same UBA where I abandoned my account for lack of innovation and poor service delivery? GEJ is certainly the African president of the year by extension. grin grin grin

Do not mock your leader
Pls leave GEJ alone!
Leave him out of this misplaced award.

1 Like

Re: UBA Named 'African Bank Of The Year. by kolexy(m): 1:56am On Dec 01, 2012
BTT: First, congratulations to UBA. I am sure most of you would have been happier if it were given to some foreign banks. Keep it up guys.

My cup.

Who told you UBA is financially strenghtening Africa? The former MD Tony Elumelu is one cowboy banker who invested in some countries with GDP less than some LGA in Lagos. Do you think reasonable banks like GT and firstbank are not interested in opening business in Africa? Foreign expansion has to be properly planned and the benefit to the bottomline analysed. I'm priviledge to have seen some classified docs from 1 of the banks I mention on business in some African countries. The returns on capital is just too low for the bank. The former head if UBA was a star marketer who rose too fast without learning 'Banking'.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help! eBay.com And Alibaba.com Which One Is Reliable. / Unity Bank Plc Responds To Various Publications On Milost USD1bn / I Need A Business Partner In Lagos And Aba . I Live Abroad. Please Get In Touch!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.