Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,561 members, 7,941,132 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 05:58 PM

Alan Shearer's Career Ended Too Soon - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Alan Shearer's Career Ended Too Soon (4526 Views)

Too Soon To Judge Messi-maradona Debate - Nesta / If Lionel Messi's Career Ended Today, How Would He Rank Among All-time Greats? / How Jose Mourinho's 150 Game, 7 Years Unbeaten Home Run Ended (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alan Shearer's Career Ended Too Soon by sil(m): 7:03pm On Apr 22, 2006
The Newcastle captain Alan Shearer's career is over after scans on his knee injury confirmed his final season has been ended prematurely.

The 35-year-old former England striker was injured in a challenge by Sunderland midfielder Julio Arca in last week's Premiership victory over Sunderland at the Stadium of Light.

Shearer had scored his 206th - and now final - Newcastle goal from the penalty spot shortly before limping off in that win at Sunderland.

In all he scored 379 goals in 733 club appearances which started at Southampton and also took in a high-profile spell at Blackburn. He also netted 30 times in 63 appearances for England.

As a result, he will not play for the Magpies in the final three remaining Premiership matches of the season

His legendary status at Newcastle worth praising.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
cool cool cool

grin
Re: Alan Shearer's Career Ended Too Soon by LoverBwoy(m): 7:06pm On Apr 22, 2006
just 3 games too soon

what a legend though grin
Re: Alan Shearer's Career Ended Too Soon by nightrider: 12:41pm On Apr 23, 2006
the greatest striker in the EPL, but he went to the wrong club.
Re: Alan Shearer's Career Ended Too Soon by Priscila(f): 5:28pm On Apr 23, 2006
Let him hung the boot and enjoy his pension now!
Its allowed, early retirements! the best.
Re: Alan Shearer's Career Ended Too Soon by LoverBwoy(m): 6:04pm On Apr 23, 2006
nightrider:

the greatest striker in the EPL, but he went to the wrong club.

i personally dont think so, unlike our players he played for the love of the game and for the club he supported as a child

"ANGEL OF THE NORTH" grin
Re: Alan Shearer's Career Ended Too Soon by Akolawole(m): 7:10pm On Apr 23, 2006
Not will end soon, the career is already ended.

The best Strikers of all time in England.

He is not a believer in stupid flicksand skills, he does his job by putting the ball in the net.

Yekini and Jimmy Hasslebaink kind of player.

Congrat Allan, Enjoy your rest

Re: Alan Shearer's Career Ended Too Soon by Fimmy(m): 12:23am On Apr 24, 2006
Goodbye my Captain
u are the man
ve a nice rest
Re: Alan Shearer's Career Ended Too Soon by nightrider: 9:28am On Apr 24, 2006
ALAN { SHEAR TERROR }SHEARER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Alan Shearer's Career Ended Too Soon by freddie1(m): 3:42pm On Apr 25, 2006
Shearer's career ended too soon at 35? Come on!
Re: Alan Shearer's Career Ended Too Soon by tipsy289(m): 9:05pm On Apr 26, 2006
One of the best,its just over for him now.
Re: Alan Shearer's Career Ended Too Soon by ababoy1(m): 5:47am On Apr 27, 2006
Too late in my opinion. That man has undermined every manager since Keegan left the place. His spat with Gullit was unpleasant. He has always looked after number one (himself). For me, he was a very good goal scorer, but not a great player. Now that he has left the toon, other players will blossom, and maybe Newcastle will fulfil their ambitions (win something).
Re: Alan Shearer's Career Ended Too Soon by LoverBwoy(m): 12:50pm On Apr 28, 2006
If i was a goal keeper i will save more than half of Shearer's penalty kicks grin

always to my right with strong hands

(1) (Reply)

Epl Statistics / Carlo Ancelotti Leaves Chelsea / Between Ibra,Ronaldo And Messi Who has scored the most Spectacular Goals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.