Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,791 members, 7,889,577 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 03:40 PM

Why You Should Not Give Up Blogging - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Why You Should Not Give Up Blogging (913 Views)

What Do You Think About Nigeria Having An Association Controlling Blogging / Dummy Post Title / Thread For All Your Blogging Related Problems Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Not Give Up Blogging by Nobody: 9:39pm On Nov 30, 2012
don't fail

Ever got tired of blogging? Ever felt like it wasn't working for you? You have been blogging for months - yet, there isn't any tangible proof that you're going up or doing the right thing.

You research for long hours all in the name of write compelling and wonderfully detailed posts on your blog; still, after posting it on your blog, you get little or no traffic and the worst thing - No comment.

You spend hours on end writing powerful guestposts for different authority blogs in your niche. You're so confident that your posts will be accepted; you have done your research fantastically well; you have read their guestposting guidelines and followed everyone to the letter.

Proofreading is old news – since you have already proofread the guestpost like a million times and your editing are all in order. Being confident and in high spirit you pitch them your post and wait for their wonderful reply.

Their reply that says –

"Hi dear, we at example.com really like your post and will publish it tomorrow – be ready to engage and reply our vast readers; since thousands of people will be reading it"

is all you ever want to see. You're already dreaming big; your blog traffic will increase drastically, followers will increase, you may even get your first client if your guestpost is eventually accepted.

Wonderful dream it is – only for it to be short-lived when you receive a reply that your guestpost isn't what they are looking for.

Random questions will start to swing around your head. What are the things I'm doing wrong? Is blogging not for me? Is my hard work not hard enough? Or is my writing that bad?

You eventually get tired of asking yourself these questions; you get tired of blogging; because all you think about now is – quitting.

The idea of quitting is beginning to make sense to you - so you end up quitting. You end up a loser once more – because you believed you've tried your best.

Is your story like the one above? Or you are contemplating on making it similar to the one above?

Believe me – you're not alone. I've once been in a similar situation like the one above. But I didn't stay there for long; I was able to stop myself from giving up by reading motivational quotes of successful people and tried to understand what drives them to succeed in hard times like the story above.

Their motivational quotes have helped me in no small way in facing defeat and not to give up blogging, regardless of how hard it was to for me then. They made me realize that Quitting is not an option.

Below are 100 wonderful quotes from successful people to boost and encourage you-

1. My greatest concern is not whether or not you have failed, but whether you are content with your failure.

Abraham Lincoln

2. The last time you failed, did you stop trying because you failed or you failed because you stopped trying?

Anonymous

3. Remember the two benefits of failure. First, if you do fail, you learn what doesn't work; and second, the failure gives you the opportunity to try a new approach.

Roger Von Oech

4. Education is the progressive discovery of your ignorance.

Anonymous

Failure is success if we learn from it.

Malcolm Forbes

6. Failure cannot happen in your life except by your permission.

Paulo Coelho

7. There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Beverly Sills.

8. Do not give up until you make your last attempt, and don't make your last attempt until you have succeeded.

Napoleon Hill

9. Winning is a habit, unfortunately so is losing.

Vince Lombardi

10. Winners never quit and quitters never win.

Vince Lombardi

11. Successful people keep moving, they make mistakes but they don't quit.

Conrad Hilton

12. Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.

Albert Einstein

13. Winners are not afraid of losing. But losers are. Failure is part of the process of success. People who avoid failure also avoid success.

Robert Kiyosaki

14. The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don't wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.

Barack Obama

15. When you take risks you learn that there will be times when you succeed and there will be times when you fail, and both are equally important.

Ellen DeGeneres

16. In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Bill Cosby

17. There is no failure except in no longer trying.

Elbert Hubbard

18. Keep in mind that neither success nor failure is ever final.

Roger Ward Babson

19. Children have a lesson adults should learn, to not be ashamed of failing, but to get up and try again. Most of us adults are so afraid, so cautious, so 'safe,' and therefore so shrinking and rigid and afraid that it is why so many humans fail. Most middle-aged adults have resigned themselves to failure.

Malcolm X

20. Every adversity, every failure, every heartache carries with it the seed of an equal or greater benefit.

Napoleon Hill

21. There are still many more days of failure ahead, whole seasons of failure, things will go terribly wrong, you will have huge disappointments, but you have to prepare for that, you have to expect it and be resolute and follow your own path.

Anton Chekhov

22. NOTHING goes exactly as planned. Make your OWN destiny.

Tate Hallaway

23. A year from now you may wish you had started today.

Karen Lamb.

24. Make failure your teacher, not your undertaker.

Zig Ziglar

25. There are no magic wands, no hidden tricks, and no secret handshakes that can bring you immediate success, but with time, energy, and determination you can get there.

Darren Rowse

26. I've failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed.

Michael Jordan

27. People don't fail; they just stop trying.

Bud Boyd

28. You don't concentrate on risks. You concentrate on results. No risk is too great to prevent the necessary job from getting done.

Chuk Yeager

29. Why are you going to choose failure when success is an option?

Jillian Michaels

30. I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

Bill Cosby

31. Failure is the key to success; each mistake teaches us something.

Morihei Ueshiba

32. Failure? I never encountered it. All I ever met were temporary setbacks.

Dottie Walters

33. No one is a failure until the person gives up the vision. You are only a failure when you give up the ability to achieve the set goal.

Anonymous

34. Never go backward. Attempt, and do it with all your might. Determination is power.

Charles Simmons

35. There are two types of people who always fail. Those that listen to nobody and those that listen to everybody.

Anonymous

Advice -

Starting out in anything isn't always easy; especially in blogging. You need to write when no one is reading, write when your traffic isn't encouraging; write when you don't feel like writing. You need to write until you get noticed.

Giving up is not an option – no great man ever achieved anything of importance by being a quitter. Remember winners never quit; and quitters never win – there are no two ways about it.

Darren Rowse of problogger.net didn't start from the top. Brian Clark of copyblogger.com also didn't start from the top.

These men are among one of the people ruling the blogging world today because they believed that consistency always pays.

What kept them going was the zeal to succeed, no matter the circumstances they faced.

Failure is not a new word– everybody sucks at one thing or the other. The very thing that will determine whether you'll fail at something or not is - "you".

You've got to set realistic and well detailed goals and be determined to achieve them, because the journey is a rough one – you'll encounter countless road blocks, sleepless nights, bad network, loneliness, sore eyes and painful wrists; all in the name of blogging.

But, do not be dismayed, persistence will always bring result. Any blogger who has followed every known strategy in blogging and has worked tirelessly to get to the top – will surely get to see results.

Those that succeeded in your niche don't have two brains – they just worked harder.

They turned deaf ears to all thoughts of losing; and they never gave room to procrastination.

Having a resolution not to give up is all you need. Stick to the niche you're good at and permit nothing to deter you from achieving your dreams.

Remember -

36. Only he who attempts the absurd is capable of achieving the impossible.

Anonymous

37. If your mind can conceive it and your heart can believe it, then you can achieve it.

Anonymous

38. The actions of men are the best interpreters of their thoughts.

Anonymous

39. It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things.

Leonardo da Vinci

40. Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.

Og Mandino

41. We must remember that one determined person can make a significant difference, and that a small group of determined people can change the course of history.

Sonia Johnson

42. When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.

Harriet Beecher Stowe.

43. Continuous, unflagging effort, persistence and determination will win. Let not the man be discouraged who has these.

James Whitcomb Riley.

44. Keep your dreams alive. Understand that to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.

Gail Devers.

45. If plan A doesn't work, the alphabet has 25 more letters - 204 if you're in Japan.

Claire Cook.

46. Having a Vision is not enough. It must be combined with imagination, determination, faith, hope and passion. It is not enough to just stare up at the stars...we must become the stars that the stars shine down on."

Victoria June.

47. Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not: nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education alone will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.

Calvin Coolidge

48. Kites rise highest against the wind, not with it.

Winston Churchill

49. Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome.

Booker T. Washington

50. Belief in oneself is one of the most important bricks in building any successful venture.

Lydia M. Child

51. Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing.

Vince Lombardi

52. Flaming enthusiasm, backed up by horse sense and persistence, is the quality that most frequently makes for success.

Dale Carnegie

53. Frustration, although quite painful at times, is a very positive and essential part of success.

Bo Bennett

54. Success is a science; if you have the conditions, you get the result.

Oscar Wilde

55. If you have no critics you'll likely have no success.

Malcolm X

56. Success is dependent on effort.

Sophocles

57. Failure is not an option. Everyone has to succeed.

Arnold Schwarzenegger

58. Success is falling nine times and getting up ten.

Jon Bon Jovi

59. Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go.

William Feather

60. The starting point of all achievement is desire.

Napoleon Hill

61. Great thoughts reduced to practice become great acts.

Anonymous

62. There are no limitations to the mind except those we acknowledge.

Napoleon Hill

63. Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure.

George Edward Woodberry

64. There is a very little difference in man, but that little difference makes a big difference. The little difference - ATTITUDE. The big difference is whether it is positive or negative.

Napoleon Hill

65. Whatever you vividly imagine, sincerely believe, and enthusiastically act upon.......... Must inevitably come to pass!

Paul J. Meyer

66. I would like to say that the quality of any man's life has got to be full measure of that man's personal commitment to excellence and victory, regardless of what fields he may be in.

Vince Lombardi

67. Be optimistic. Things aren't always as hard to accomplish as you expect.

Bill Newman

68. The tragedy of life is not that we die, but what dies inside a man while he lives.

Albert Schweitzer

69. When you cease to dream, you cease to live.

Malcolm S. Forbes

70. Determine what you want more than anything else in life, write down the means by which you intend to attain it and permit nothing to deter you from pursuing it.

71. Henry Kaiser

72. The only difference between being a "dreamer" and a "goal-setter" is adding a deadline to the dream.

Bill Newman

73. Well begun is half done.

Aristotle

74. I advise you to stop sharing your dreams with people who try to hold you back, even if they're your parents. Because, if you're the kind of person who senses there's something out there for you beyond whatever it is you're expected to do - if you want to be EXTRA-ordinary- you will not get there by hanging around a bunch of people who tell you you're not extraordinary. Instead, you will probably become as ordinary as they expect you to be.

Kelly Cutrone

75. Vision is the world's most desperate need. There are no hopeless situations, only people who think hopeless.

Winifred Newman

76. Neither you nor the world knows what you can do until you have tried.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

77. Life is 10% how you make it and 90% how you take it

Bill Newman

78. 99% of failures come from people who have the habit of making excuses.

George Washington Carver

79. Identify your highest skills and devote your time to performing it. Leave all other skills.

Ronald Brown

80. If you risk nothing; then you risk everything.

Green Davis

81. The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work extremely well.

William Osler

82. A mistake is simply another way of doing things.

Katharine Graham

83. Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

David Frost

84. Experience is not what happens to you; it's what you do with what happens to you.

Aldous Huxley

85. Success is simply a matter of luck. Ask any failure.

Earl Wilson

86. Success is falling nine times and getting up ten.

Jon Bon Jovi

87. Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go.

William Feather

88. Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Albert Einstein

89. What is success? I think it is a mixture of having a flair for the thing that you are doing; knowing that it is not enough, that you have got to have hard work and a certain sense of purpose.

Margaret Thatcher

90. Success depends upon previous preparation, and without such preparation there is sure to be failure.

Confucius

91. Most people give up just when they're about to achieve success. They quit on the one yard line. They give up at the last minute of the game one foot from a winning touchdown.

Ross Perot

92. If you want to achieve things in life, you've just got to do them, and if you're talented and smart, you'll succeed.

Juliana Hatfield

93. Success has a simple formula: do your best and people may like it.

Sam Ewing

94. Success is often the result of taking a misstep in the right direction.

Al Bernstein

95. The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.

Vince Lombardi

96. The most important single ingredient in the formula of success is knowing how to get along with people.

Theodore Roosevelt

97. Man needs his difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy success.

Abdul Kalam

98. Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement.

W. Clement Stone

99. No one can predict to what height you can soar. Even you will not know, until you spread your wings.

Bill Newman

100. Determination gives you the resolve to keep going in spite of the roadblocks that lay before you.

Denis Waitley

Bonus:

101. You are either part of the solution or part of the problem.

Elridge Cleaver

102. If you want to know the road to the top of the mountain, ask a man who has gone forth and back on it.

Anonymous

103. All people dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their mind, wake up in the morning to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous people, for they dream their dreams with open eyes, and make them come true.

D. Lawrence

Blogging may be hard, but you need not give up now. There is always a faint light at the end of the tunnel, giving up doesn't make you a winner. Instead, it only gives you an excuse to give to people when they ask you why you failed.

Blogging at first – will be seriously hard. You will only succeed if you have a distinctive strategy you follow. Below are some of the strategies you should seriously follow if you ever want to make it online as a blogger.

They are -

Write fresh content consistently.

· Guest post furiously.

· Do blog commenting and forum commenting enthusiastically.

· Connect and be friends to other bloggers zealously.

· Read other bloggers' posts seriously.

· Serve God – He's the one that gives wealth.

· And finally, read this post all over again!

There you have it!

Never be discouraged; keep trying your best and never give up for anything! You'll surely meet people who will bash at you; laugh at you; even fight you - all in the name of making sure you fail.

But don't give them that last laugh, remember what Winston Churchill once said –

Never never never ever ever give up!

Read more at- http://www.theweirdproblogger.com
Re: Why You Should Not Give Up Blogging by zangiff(m): 4:32pm On Dec 01, 2012
Great post frm a good problogger
Re: Why You Should Not Give Up Blogging by Nobody: 7:44pm On Dec 01, 2012
zangiff: Great post frm a good problogger
Thanks man. I'm happy you like it.
Re: Why You Should Not Give Up Blogging by akintayo1(m): 7:40am On Dec 02, 2012
nice one bro,blogging is not an easy thing.but i see it in this way,not a single industry that has the potential of generating good decent income is a walk in the park.You've to be prepared for the task ahead.Blogging is a real job not a part-time as most out- siders believe it to be.
I have never come across any real job that you just plug in and viola,the result,NO.There is always a sacrifice to be paid for anything worth while.Blogging is real job,approach it the same way you will approach your 9-5 day job even more than that.I tell you.Thanks.
Re: Why You Should Not Give Up Blogging by Nobody: 10:33am On Dec 02, 2012
akintayo1: nice one bro,blogging is not an easy thing.but i see it in this way,not a single industry that has the potential of generating good decent income is a walk in the park.You've to be prepared for the task ahead.Blogging is a real job not a part-time as most out- siders believe it to be.
I have never come across any real job that you just plug in and viola,the result,NO.There is always a sacrifice to be paid for anything worth while.Blogging is real job,approach it the same way you will approach your 9-5 day job even more than that.I tell you.Thanks.
You're very right! Consistency coupled with a burning enthusiastic spirit- is what anyone will ever need if he or she is to succeed blogging.
Re: Why You Should Not Give Up Blogging by miqos02(m): 1:51pm On Dec 02, 2012
great job,i will keep this in mind as i statrt my blog site
Re: Why You Should Not Give Up Blogging by miqos02(m): 2:12pm On Dec 02, 2012
great job,i will keep this in mind as i start my blog site
Re: Why You Should Not Give Up Blogging by Nobody: 4:57pm On Dec 02, 2012
miqos02: great job,i will keep this in mind as i start my blog site
Yea, start it and don't give up!
Re: Why You Should Not Give Up Blogging by lagoshost(m): 5:49pm On Dec 02, 2012
Nice one. You have done well here. God bless

I will add that blog is not all about money.

Cheers!
Re: Why You Should Not Give Up Blogging by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 02, 2012
lagoshost: Nice one. You have done well here. God bless

I will add that blog is not all about money.

Cheers!
Thanks man. Blogging for money should be the last thing on any bloggers' mind. First, provide the information that people are looking for. Then you'll have all the money you can ever have.
Re: Why You Should Not Give Up Blogging by Nobody: 10:27pm On Dec 30, 2012
nice post
right now am in this stage of giving up
but i believe i will never give up until i make it from bloggling
www.chopknuckles.com
Re: Why You Should Not Give Up Blogging by Nobody: 11:16pm On Dec 30, 2012
tonye4q: nice post
www.chopknuckles.com
Giving up doesn't make you a hero or guru. Instead, it makes you miserable in life.
Keep at what you do! Keep writing and writing- and one day, you'll strike gold.
Re: Why You Should Not Give Up Blogging by Nobody: 11:17pm On Dec 30, 2012
tonye4q: nice post
www.chopknuckles.com
Re: Why You Should Not Give Up Blogging by TundE8: 12:21am On Dec 31, 2012
If you quit, how do want to win there4 never quit.

(1) (Reply)

Let Us Discuss Ways To Move The Webmasters Section Forward. / CSS Design Challenge extended till 14th November 2014 ... / Linda Ikeji Website Is So Horrible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.