Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,136 members, 7,880,566 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 09:13 PM

Boy Kills Father To Save Mother - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Boy Kills Father To Save Mother (815 Views)

Man Kills Father In Akwa Ibom Over Fight With Mum / Son Macheted Father To Death For Not Letting Him Go Back To Boko Haram Enclave / "Why I Hacked My Lawyer Father To Death" – Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boy Kills Father To Save Mother by TeenageMoney(m): 10:22pm On Nov 30, 2012
A fight between husband and wife Mr. Christopher and Mrs.Thorpe started on Saturday evening, during a bonfire party.

Their son who witnessed the dispute, turnedviolent and fatally shot his father in a desperate attempt to save his mother’s life.

According to reporters, the couple went inside of a mobile home and an argument ensued. “He was beating her, [he] kept punching her,” said Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Debbie Carter, according to newsmen. “Then they went from the living room to the master bedroom where he kept beating her.”

The couple’s 17-year-old son, Channing Thorpe, ran into the mobile home where he discovered his father strangling his mother, police say. The teen used a handgun to fire several shots at his father to kill him.

The boy’s mother suffered a bullet wound tothe thigh, the Tampa Tribune reports. She received treatment at a nearby hospital andwas later released.

Hugh Williamson, who lives a few doors down from where the incident took place, was saddened by the violence.

”You hate to wake up and hear things like that much less in your own neighbourhood,”Williamson told newsmen.

Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office are stillinvestigating the matter. Channing Thorpe was left in the custody of his mother. He is not facing charges.

Culled from vanguard
Re: Boy Kills Father To Save Mother by ektbear: 10:25pm On Nov 30, 2012
I would do the same thing. I suspect that most guys would...we love our mothers more than our fathers.
Re: Boy Kills Father To Save Mother by NegroNtns(m): 10:27pm On Nov 30, 2012
Hillsborough is packed full of nuts. I had a friend who was a sheriff and left town to join Miami police. Hillsborough should be changed to Nutsborough.
Re: Boy Kills Father To Save Mother by manny4life(m): 10:31pm On Nov 30, 2012
I'll do the same thing - I don't condone physical abuse particularly on women, that's just crazy. I'm glad the boy isn't facing ANY charges.
Re: Boy Kills Father To Save Mother by Nobody: 10:32pm On Nov 30, 2012
The boy no try jor, cant he do something better?
Re: Boy Kills Father To Save Mother by Dede1(m): 10:44pm On Nov 30, 2012
ekt_bear: I would do the same thing. I suspect that most guys would...we love our mothers more than our fathers.

You have disappointed me with this post. Africans love our parents equally. Any African boy, regardless how small and can fire a weapon, would have physically intervened instead of killing one of the parents. In my neck of wood, the boy will be required to leave town without setting his feet ever again in the town.
Re: Boy Kills Father To Save Mother by Nobody: 10:46pm On Nov 30, 2012
Rubbish...
Re: Boy Kills Father To Save Mother by Kobojunkie: 11:04pm On Nov 30, 2012
I don't fault the boy here at all. From living room to master bedroom Na wa oo!!
Re: Boy Kills Father To Save Mother by ektbear: 11:23pm On Nov 30, 2012
Dede1:

You have disappointed me with this post. Africans love our parents equally. Any African boy, regardless how small and can fire a weapon, would have physically intervened instead of killing one of the parents. In my neck of wood, the boy will be required to leave town without setting his feet ever again in the town.

Bros, no man can love any two people equally. Any person claiming such is lying, in my opinion.
Re: Boy Kills Father To Save Mother by Nobody: 11:38pm On Nov 30, 2012
The boy is silly.
Re: Boy Kills Father To Save Mother by nduchucks: 11:51pm On Nov 30, 2012
Whatever happened to warning shots or shots to the legs?
Re: Boy Kills Father To Save Mother by NegroNtns(m): 12:23am On Dec 01, 2012
ndu_chucks: Whatever happened to warning shots or shots to the legs?

....or even to his balls. angry

If nothing else stopped him i bet that would.
Re: Boy Kills Father To Save Mother by ektbear: 1:00am On Dec 01, 2012
Shot to his balls?

It didn't say anywhere in the story that the boy is an expert marksman, did it?
Re: Boy Kills Father To Save Mother by ektbear: 1:04am On Dec 01, 2012
I even wonder what type of man will be able to keep a cool head as he watches his mother being beaten like a dog.
Re: Boy Kills Father To Save Mother by NegroNtns(m): 1:22am On Dec 01, 2012
ekt_bear: Shot to his balls?

It didn't say anywhere in the story that the boy is an expert marksman, did it?

...he might not get to taste the full delight of a spicy pouusie but with one ball left in the sack he will still be able to feel somewhat of a joy. grin
Re: Boy Kills Father To Save Mother by ektbear: 1:30am On Dec 01, 2012
Bros, unless he is secretly Neo from the Matrix, he is probably not skilled enough with with a gun to shoot a guy in the balls.
Re: Boy Kills Father To Save Mother by slimyem: 1:37am On Dec 01, 2012
ndu_chucks: Whatever happened to warning shots or shots to the legs?
Apart from the fact that he most probably is not skilled in handling a gun,the only thoughts in his head at that point would be to save his mum from the beast about to tear her apart....!
Its just a pity the boy would have to live with the guilt of having killed his father and deal with the psychological trauma of the event for a very long time.

(1) (Reply)

Police Nab Prophet, Accomplice Over Fresh Human Parts / Wife Poisons, Stabs Husband To Death Over Second Wife / PHOTOS- Woman Roasts 7-yr-old Step-son’s Hand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.