Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,323 members, 7,940,292 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 09:49 PM

Great Books About Non-belief - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Great Books About Non-belief (2146 Views)

See What The Bible Says About Non Christian / It Is Dishonest To Describe Atheism As A Lack Of Belief In God (silly Atheism) / Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Great Books About Non-belief by Nobody: 9:27pm On Feb 12, 2008
stimulus:

@imhotep,

Bros, I just dey kampe! grin

I've actually enjoyed the discourses we've had with atheists - and what is more is that I've come to respect a few of them for their sane manner of discussing issues (even though I may not agree with them on many points). Of course, I'd rather not call names just yet; but I especially savour the brilliance and good spirited nature of the debates, compared to the very mindless and caustic rants I've seen in some other forum/blog where I'd attempted to enter discussions with the atheistically inclined.

Of course, not only have the debates intrigued me on many points, but also helped me to harvest a plethora of resources I'd never considered before. For this, my thanks are due to all discussants on either side of the debate for keeping it sane, simple, and serious! grin

On the other hand. . . I'd rather that we take it easy and condescend to this request:

The reason why I'd rather ask us to respect such an appeal is that believers are reasonable people who can listen to people. Maybe I'm missing something here; but I'd rather we observe that therationa and others of like-minds have their basic rights to enjoy sharing their ideas on the Forum. I must admit that even though we do not agree on several issues, at least some of them have impressed us enough to be willing to consider our discussions in other threads. Just this one thread (IMHO) should be respected as properly suited to those who have a legitimate claim to share their thoughts on "non-belief" (as Christians and Muslims have had their threads in the past).

Can we do this for them, please? I trust you'd kindly consider.

Many blessings. wink

- - - -
@therationa,

Please forgive me for showing up again in tis thread - it was just to throw in the above appeal. Thanks.

Okay, stimulus. You have stimulated me. I will indeed stay away from this thread.

Thanks for your posts, I have learnt a lot. May the Lord bless you with both His Hands.
Re: Great Books About Non-belief by stimulus(m): 9:33pm On Feb 12, 2008
imhotep:

Okay, stimulus. You have stimulated me. I will indeed stay away from this thread.

Thanks for your posts, I have learnt a lot. May the Lord bless you with both His Hands.

You're such an inspiring gentleman - many blessings all your days! wink
Re: Great Books About Non-belief by therationa(m): 9:33pm On Feb 12, 2008
Imhotep,

Thanks for complying now and I accept you apologies. We may disagree on ideological issues but I respect you with ALL my being. If you were in Manchester, I would invite you to dinner today.

Many thankx
Re: Great Books About Non-belief by skyone(m): 6:00pm On Feb 14, 2008
@Seun

What's your idea or understanding of demonic actions?
Re: Great Books About Non-belief by huxley(m): 3:52pm On Aug 06, 2008
Great Stuff for your mental elevation.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Christian Tithing A Salvational Issue? / Muslim Lady Healed By Jesus (video) / FOR MFM MEMBERS:- Pls Share Ur Testimonies About Todays Power Must Change Hands.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.