Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,912 members, 7,872,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:15 AM

Okorocha's ADC Beats Policeman To Coma - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha's ADC Beats Policeman To Coma (12400 Views)

Okorocha Turning Imo To A Haven For Tourist & A Modern Model City (Pics) / Policeman Beats Driver To Coma In Lekki, Lagos (pics) / Soldiers Beat Policeman To Coma In Bauchi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okorocha's ADC Beats Policeman To Coma by truthseeker9ja: 1:52am On Dec 02, 2012
Gov Okorocha’s ADC beats policeman to coma

The Aide-de-Camp to the Imo State Governor Rochas Okorocha, Mr. Omo Gabriel, and two other police officers on Saturday, allegedly beat up a policeman attached the state government house for delaying in opening the gate for the governor’s convoy.

The incident, which occurred around 12:30am, when the governor returned from his wife’s birthday party, left the victim unconscious.

The mobile policeman, Corporal Itere Ewedor, was said to have been on duty at the security post when the governor’s convoy drove in.

Efforts to speak to Ewedor on Saturday were not successful as he was said to be resting but his friend, Mr. David Edhie, confirmed the incident.

He told SUNDAY PUNCH that after hearing the hooting of the horn from the governor’s convoy, the policeman opened the gate only for the ADC, a superintendent of police, and two other senior police officers to descend on him.

He said, “When the governor’s convoy got to the gate, the men of the civil defence corps and members of the Imo orientation corps, who were supposed to open the gate, were not around. So, there was a delay. Then my friend went to open the gate.

“When the convoy drove in, the ADC and some other police officers came down and asked him why he delayed. They wanted to collect his gun, but he refused. So, they started beating him. They beat him until he became unconscious, with bruises all over his face and parts of his body.”

Edhie added that the ADC took Ewedor, in his unconscious state, to Shell Camp Police Station and requested that he be detained.

He said, “The police officers at the station refused. They said they could not detain someone that was dying. Then Gabriel made arrangements for Ewedor to be taken to the Federal Medical Centre Owerri, where he was admitted. After sometime, he regained consciousness.”

SUNDAY PUNCH learnt that Ewedor, was discharged from the hospital around 5pm on Saturday.

Edhie said the ADC had made frantic efforts to get Ewedor discharged from the hospital, because sympathisers, including journalists, were visiting the the place.

When contacted, the state Commissioner for Information and Senior Special Adviser to the Governor on Media, Mr. Chinedu Offor, refuted the report.

He said, “The ADC to Governor Okorocha is a true professional, there is no way he could have descended so low to physically assault somebody. In order not to scare people away, we use men of the civil defence corps at the gate. We don’t use policemen at the gates of the government house. So, if anybody says a policeman was beaten up for refusing to open the gate, it is false. I was at the government house around 12:30am. Such a thing never happened.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/gov-okorochas-adc-beats-policeman-to-coma/
Re: Okorocha's ADC Beats Policeman To Coma by Ikengawo: 2:00am On Dec 02, 2012
what does this have to do with Rochas Okorocha?

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha's ADC Beats Policeman To Coma by truthseeker9ja: 2:10am On Dec 02, 2012
okay,since you asked.It was this same 'Gebu' ADC Okorocha used to fight for chair said to be reserved for Obi of Anambra at a function last month.methinks,if Rochas had called him to order,he is less likely to act like agbero to impress his principal.in civil service,perception of your principal dictates how you impress him/her i.e your kind of eye-service.It seems,okorocha made himself to be percieved as someone that can be impressed by that kind of attitude.Would any security detail of a Yardua or Fashola do that? undecided

10 Likes

Re: Okorocha's ADC Beats Policeman To Coma by manny4life(m): 2:14am On Dec 02, 2012
Hmm, talk about being unprofessional, the dude should be detained. Then again, how do you beat someone into "COMA" and they got out hospital the next day? embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

As for the policeman who was beaten, he should sue the Owerri Govt because the ADC works for his excellency.

6 Likes

Re: Okorocha's ADC Beats Policeman To Coma by truthseeker9ja: 2:27am On Dec 02, 2012
manny4life: Hmm, talk about being unprofessional, the dude should be detained. Then again, how do you beat someone into "COMA" and they got out hospital the next day? embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

As for the policeman who was beaten, he should sue the Owerri Govt because the ADC works for his excellency.

try experiment with yourself, one day,ask a power-drunk policeman to beat you( I mean maximum shishi )to coma,ask him to take you to the hospital then the following week,repeat same and ask him to lock you up in police cell.Try it more than five times to get a reliable result and publish the result in a scientific journal. undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha's ADC Beats Policeman To Coma by Nobody: 2:27am On Dec 02, 2012
Welcome to Nigeria
The jungle where being sane is a crime!
Re: Okorocha's ADC Beats Policeman To Coma by dabrake(m): 2:28am On Dec 02, 2012
So far sey na POOR-liceman wey dem brush, I no send. *munches suya happily*

4 Likes

Re: Okorocha's ADC Beats Policeman To Coma by dabrake(m): 2:32am On Dec 02, 2012
truthseeker9ja:

try experiment with yourself, one day,ask a power-drunk policeman to beat you( I mean maximum shishi )to coma,ask him to take you to the hospital then the following week,repeat same and ask him to lock you up in police cell.Try it more than five times to get a reliable result and publish the result in a scientific journal. undecided undecided
oboy, that eigbo wey you take na of the finest quality. I tell ya

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha's ADC Beats Policeman To Coma by 50calibre(m): 2:40am On Dec 02, 2012
Nigeria is just a useless country, no rule of law, no human rights, no justice, no peace, no security, no employment, no education, no adequate infrastructure, no medical care, no propects, no power, no real military, no love, no humanity, no interest in the future generations, the list is endless

That country is just hell on earth,

10 Likes

Re: Okorocha's ADC Beats Policeman To Coma by Leopantro: 2:58am On Dec 02, 2012
was on call yesterday and saw the guy but didn't attach much notice to him except for the crowd he had around him. before everyone gets a case of oral diarrhea, there's something missing in this report (sorry, i can't disclose that) that would change how you view the incident .

oh yeah , in the last paragraph the guy was lying
Re: Okorocha's ADC Beats Policeman To Coma by Nobody: 3:22am On Dec 02, 2012
Niger for u....a country where governors beat police...police beat touts....touts beats civilians...civilians beat their kids...and so on

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha's ADC Beats Policeman To Coma by truthseeker9ja: 3:39am On Dec 02, 2012
@ leonpatra,pls can you furnish us with pix and tell us what you know that the reporter didnt reveal,at least your annonymity is guaranteed,we know the guy(chinedu offor,the media adviser to okorocha) is lying.abeg,this power arrogance must be put in check by delibrately exposing those who take others for a ride.abeg,yarn us.remember,the victim may not have fully recovered,he pay have suffered complications that may be permanent and potentially life-threatening but may not have manifested or discovered undecided
Re: Okorocha's ADC Beats Policeman To Coma by Nobody: 4:19am On Dec 02, 2012
A country where the rich assault the poor
Re: Okorocha's ADC Beats Policeman To Coma by biafrakwenu(m): 4:19am On Dec 02, 2012
Okorocha of a guvnor is worse than his predecessor, Ohakim.
Re: Okorocha's ADC Beats Policeman To Coma by Nobody: 4:23am On Dec 02, 2012
Leopantro: was on call yesterday and saw the guy but didn't attach much notice to him except for the crowd he had around him. before everyone gets a case of oral diarrhea, there's something missing in this report (sorry, i can't disclose that) that would change how you view the incident .

oh yeah , in the last paragraph the guy was lying
Bros, talk joo. Nobody sabi you for here.
Re: Okorocha's ADC Beats Policeman To Coma by Nobody: 4:36am On Dec 02, 2012
deejay_harry1: Niger for u....a country where governors beat police...police beat touts....touts beats civilians...civilians beat their kids...and so on
^^^
Very funny grin grin grin grin this got me rolling on the floor laughing grin grin LWTMB
Re: Okorocha's ADC Beats Policeman To Coma by Ndoz(m): 5:16am On Dec 02, 2012
50calibre: Nigeria is just a useless country, no rule of law, no human rights, no justice, no peace, no security, no employment, no education, no adequate infrastructure, no medical care, no propects, no power, no real military, no love, no humanity, no interest in the future generations, the list is endless

pack wel
Re: Okorocha's ADC Beats Policeman To Coma by ignis: 5:25am On Dec 02, 2012
dabrake: So far sey na POOR-liceman wey dem brush, I no send. *munches suya happily*
Daft and dumb. I wonder why some people post on a public forum without applying their senses.
Re: Okorocha's ADC Beats Policeman To Coma by miqos02(m): 5:34am On Dec 02, 2012
50calibre: Nigeria is just a useless country, no rule of law, no human rights, no justice, no peace, no security, no employment, no education, no adequate infrastructure, no medical care, no propects, no power, no real military, no love, no humanity, no interest in the future generations, the list is endless

nigeria is not a useless country and btw what are u doing to make it better.if u die today can people testify that u contributed to a better nigeria? Think about it

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha's ADC Beats Policeman To Coma by Mathewjoseph: 5:42am On Dec 02, 2012
Comfirm.daz gud police beat police,laffs.na so e soppose b.as far as say no b civilian hehehe.abi u knw c hw a whole governor beat phcn staff.till d man faint.na ice water na im dem take wake am up.d phcn worker go dia alone tinking dat governor wan dash am moni.even sum juniour staff wey wan follow go c d govnor d guy pursue dem back.na god catch am.
Re: Okorocha's ADC Beats Policeman To Coma by 2nedo(m): 5:50am On Dec 02, 2012
ignis:
Daft and dumb. I wonder why some people post on a public forum without applying their senses.
Y do u take it personal,shey u b police?Only if u have witnessed or xprienced naija police assault b4 u wont pity them 4 anything grin
ignis:
Y do u take it personal,shey u b police?Only if u have witnessed or xprienced naija police assault b4 u wont pity them 4 anything

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha's ADC Beats Policeman To Coma by smakati(m): 5:56am On Dec 02, 2012
Governor's ADC are always mostly policemen, so in a nutshell a policeman beat up another policeman, I don't have any problem with that, as a matter of fact I sincerely hope they keep up the good work of beating their comrades, meanwhile if I were the coma cop I will get a good lawyer, get as much publicity as possible, sue for 3 billion naira and settle out of court for 50million naira. Chikena, smakati has spoken
Re: Okorocha's ADC Beats Policeman To Coma by kabba7(m): 6:09am On Dec 02, 2012
I trust if this kind of rubbish should happen in most squadroms in the nort that ADC will never repeat same if they are still alive to tell the story. But then in Igbo land that is Φkγ̲̣̣̥.
Re: Okorocha's ADC Beats Policeman To Coma by Nobody: 6:19am On Dec 02, 2012
Ikengawo: what does this have to do with Rochas Okorocha?

Everything! If Rochas sat whl d corporal ws pumelled lyk a 17th century slave on a sugar plantation, it depicts a haughty n wicked disconnect wt d masses he claims 2 love. It portrays him as fake. He has no respect 4 d ppl he governs & an abuse of office.
Where did they attend d party 2 be coming at dat hour? What hapnd 2 d banquet hall in d govt house?
Re: Okorocha's ADC Beats Policeman To Coma by Nobody: 6:26am On Dec 02, 2012
Is the ADC to Okorocha a thug,or Gangster?
Same ADC fought for chair,now beat up a policeman.
Nawa ooo,if the guy is seeking promotion,there are other ways to do that,rather than behaving like a babarian.
Well most of these educated illiterate leader prefers to use a uncivilised thug as bodyguard,instead of professionals.

4 Likes

Re: Okorocha's ADC Beats Policeman To Coma by salafiyy: 6:30am On Dec 02, 2012
MAY BE NEMESIS COUGHT UP WITH THE POLICEMAN, MAY BE HE HAS BEATEN UP SOME UNJUST, SOME WHERE...BUT THE WILL NOT GO UNPUNISHED THAT IS THE RULING
Re: Okorocha's ADC Beats Policeman To Coma by DonaldGenes(m): 6:30am On Dec 02, 2012
No comment!
Re: Okorocha's ADC Beats Policeman To Coma by b03liberty(m): 6:54am On Dec 02, 2012
Donalð Genes: No comment!
Yeah, u can be a spectator shocked shocked shocked
Re: Okorocha's ADC Beats Policeman To Coma by Napolitano(m): 6:57am On Dec 02, 2012
the policeman was beaten by the ADC and two fellow policemen...lol. I'll say it till tomorrow. The Nigerian police is one of the most incompetent governmental agencies and needs a complete reform.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha's ADC Beats Policeman To Coma by rhymz(m): 7:19am On Dec 02, 2012
manny4life: Hmm, talk about being unprofessional, the dude should be detained. Then again, how do you beat someone into "COMA" and they got out hospital the next day? embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

hahahahah. . . I was going to ask thesame question but you have beaten me to it. How can somebody who was beaten to coma be discharged sdome hours later from the hospital What about pictures of this victimized policeman?? The whole story smells of mudslinging politics. . .what does it even have to do with Okorocha Lol. .nigeria and their mediocre journalists sha....

1 Like

Re: Okorocha's ADC Beats Policeman To Coma by donfemzy: 7:20am On Dec 02, 2012
This space is for sale
Re: Okorocha's ADC Beats Policeman To Coma by mikuz(m): 7:23am On Dec 02, 2012
deejay_harry1: Niger for u....a country where governors beat police...police beat touts....touts beats civilians...civilians beat their kids...and so on

hehehe . . .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Save Kogi Project: Dino Melaye Leads Coalition To Dislodge Yahaya Bello / End Of Boko Haram Will Come Sooner Than Later - VP Osinbajo Says / Don’t Allow El Zakzaky Die In Your Custody, Group Urges Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.