Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,634 members, 7,979,152 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 09:38 PM

Football Betting Season 4 - Business (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Football Betting Season 4 (98906 Views)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 10 / Football(+ Other Sports) Betting Season 9 / Football Betting Season 8...AGE!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Football Betting Season 4 by hydiciousb: 6:52pm On Dec 20, 2012
if you are not trading virtual, you are missing out alot. grin grin grin
Re: Football Betting Season 4 by Michky: 8:33pm On Dec 20, 2012
Its now very clear that this zion criminal has mental problems. Oh, how sad.
Re: Football Betting Season 4 by Ofejiro20: 8:37pm On Dec 20, 2012
Just cant stop lafin whenever I visit dis thread,funny guys.
Re: Football Betting Season 4 by Ayobetzz: 8:38pm On Dec 20, 2012
Correct even bet365 has more markets than ladbrokes. I use both bet365 and ladbrokes[/quote]
rabonni: bros they may change the title its still same market

i have told you and i will not say it again there are profitable markets you will see at ladbrokes finally you can't get such offers at bet365
Re: Football Betting Season 4 by Michky: 8:56pm On Dec 20, 2012
Guys, we now have a situation on our hands. Question is: what do we do next? Personally, i want to stay away but other alternatives exist. Some of them include: (1) starting a new thread since this one is going down. Even 2-3 people can make a new thread work (2) Everyone click the report botton on zioncriminal's posts til he gets banned for good. (3) Ignore him and continue biz as usual (count me out of this one). GUYS, WHAT DO WE DO?
Re: Football Betting Season 4 by bukahands(m): 8:56pm On Dec 20, 2012
Ayobetzz:
Correct even bet365 has more markets than ladbrokes. I use both bet365 and ladbrokesbros they may change the title its still same market

i have told you and i will not say it again there are profitable markets you will see at ladbrokes finally you can't get such offers at bet365

Example
Re: Football Betting Season 4 by bukahands(m): 9:05pm On Dec 20, 2012
Please zionbaby I don't like what ur doing u just came up this evening to stir up crisis please u have ur own thread where u have ur personal rules, in this thread we don't allow adverts please please as a child of God u are, please abeg biko follow the rules. People interested in calling/joining u will get ur details from ur thread
Re: Football Betting Season 4 by davidoisamoje: 9:12pm On Dec 20, 2012
hydiciousb: if you are not trading virtual, you are missing out alot. grin grin grin
do u have spreadsheet for calculating odd or do u bet on ur own neef to now
Re: Football Betting Season 4 by mrdrizzy(m): 9:40pm On Dec 20, 2012
can somebody pls tell levante to score..my 7h cnt jst go down d drail! Crap!!!

1 Like

Re: Football Betting Season 4 by teeboy4x(m): 10:03pm On Dec 20, 2012
bukahands: Will be dropping ma weekend double tomorrow actually 2 weekend doubles and a longshot accumulation tomorrow, it will be up early so to get good odds

Todays bet

Small stake

Rayo Vallecano vs Levante. Levante DNB 2.20

Good luck
teeboy4x:

AM GOIN FOR UNDER 3.5
SHEKINA!!!

PLS CHECK UR MAIL

THANK GOD...WON SMALL $
Re: Football Betting Season 4 by Michky: 10:16pm On Dec 20, 2012
@Teeboy4x. Dude, congrats. But you should have allowed bukahands to give his bet report by himself na. Or is it because you won your own bet?
Re: Football Betting Season 4 by teeboy4x(m): 10:24pm On Dec 20, 2012
Michky: Dude, congrats. But you should have allowed bukahands to give his bet report by himself na. Or is it because you won your own bet?

AM NOT GIVING ANY REPORT,MEANWHILE...WHETHER HE'S D 1 GIVING D REPORT OR ANY ODA PERSON,THE SCORE WILL STILL BE D SAME TIN
Re: Football Betting Season 4 by Michky: 10:32pm On Dec 20, 2012
teeboy4x:

AM NOT GIVING ANY REPORT,MEANWHILE...WHETHER HE'S D 1 GIVING D REPORT OR ANY ODA PERSON,THE SCORE WILL STILL BE D SAME TIN
True. But courtsey demands you show the bettor some understanding. Would you remain comfortable if someone else does same to you?
Re: Football Betting Season 4 by teeboy4x(m): 10:40pm On Dec 20, 2012
Michky: True. But courtsey demands you show the bettor some understanding. Would you remain comfortable if someone else does same to you?

xo u knw all dix and sm1 lost his combo bet in season 3 and u quoted him PURE LOST

ANYWAYS...AM NOT HERE FOR ALL DIX.THREAD IS UR OWN AND U ND NOBODY IS DRAGIN UR KEYPAD WITH U,U RE FREE TO TALK ANYTIN U LIKE.
Re: Football Betting Season 4 by sanchez4eva: 10:49pm On Dec 20, 2012
U guys are talking anyhow nowadays....no brotherly love again
Re: Football Betting Season 4 by Michky: 10:52pm On Dec 20, 2012
teeboy4x:

xo u knw all dix and sm1 lost his combo bet in season 3 and u quoted him PURE LOST

ANYWAYS...AM NOT HERE FOR ALL DIX.THREAD IS UR OWN AND U ND NOBODY IS DRAGIN UR KEYPAD WITH U,U RE FREE TO TALK ANYTIN U LIKE.
I am wiser today than i was yesterday. Question is: Are you ready to take correction? Funny, i was just going to anounce the END of my USEFUL contribution to this thread. All thanks to zioncriminal.
Re: Football Betting Season 4 by Michky: 10:58pm On Dec 20, 2012
sanchez4eva: U guys are talking anyhow nowadays....no brotherly love again
Dont you get it? The thread is going down! My new mission is to make that a definite reality. Brace up guys!
Re: Football Betting Season 4 by Michky: 11:07pm On Dec 20, 2012
...and in other news,
Christina Aguilera is a Mouseketeer for life! The singer, who spent two years on Disney’s “Mickey Mouse Club” in the mid-‘90s (along with Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake, and Ryan Gosling!), has been proudly representing her roots with the same low-cut, ripped-up Mickey Mouse shirt that she’s worn on three different occasions in the past month.

[Related: What Does 2013 Have in Store for Christina Aguilera?]

“The Voice” coach first rocked the tee for a November 16 dinner date at Bouchon in Beverly Hills with her boyfriend of two years, Matthew Rutler, when she paired it with an uncharacteristically-demure gray blazer and black pants. Then, just nine days later, there it was again at a launch party for the Samsung Galaxy II, except that time, Aguilera gave the beloved cartoon character a bit more of an edge with her studded leather jacket, black leggings, and a leopard print hat.

But she surely would have made Mickey blush with the ensemble she went with this past Tuesday, her 32nd birthday. The “Your Body” singer turned the same already-revealing t-shirt into basically a dress when she wore it with only fishnet stockings and a Santa hat for a “Voice” finale after party in Los Angeles.

[Related: Christina Aguilera Pays 'Tribute' to Her 'Mickey Mouse Club' Days With a Revealing Look]

Aguilera’s dedication to Mickey Mouse goes beyond her clothing. She has been spotted at Disneyland in California a number of times over the years, most recently on November 26 when she spent the day at the Happiest Place on Earth with her son, Max, who turns 5 in January, and Rutler … all wearing matching Mickey hoodies, no less!
Re: Football Betting Season 4 by Michky: 11:08pm On Dec 20, 2012
IZAMAL, Mexico (Reuters) - Thousands of mystics, New Age dreamers and fans of pre-Hispanic culture have been drawn to Mexico in hopes of witnessing great things when the day in an old Maya calendar dubbed "the end of the world" dawns on Friday.

But many of today's ethnic Maya cannot understand the fuss. Mostly Christian, they have looked on in wonder at the influx of foreign tourists to ancient cities in southern Mexico and Central America whose heyday passed hundreds of years ago.

For students of ancient Mesoamerican time-keeping, December 21, 2012 marks the end of a 5,125-year cycle in the Maya Long Calendar, an event one leading U.S. scholar said in the 1960s could be interpreted as a kind of Armageddon for the Maya.

Academics and astronomers say too much weight was given to the words and have sought to allay fears the end is nigh.

But over the past few decades, fed by popular culture, Friday became seen by some western followers of alternative religions as a day on which momentous change could occur.

"It's a psychosis, a fad," said psychologist Vera Rodriguez, 29, a Mexican of Maya descent living in Izamal, Yucatan state, near the center of the 2012 festivities, the site of Chichen Itza. "I think it's bad for our society and our culture."

Behind Rodriguez, her two children played in a living room decorated with Christmas trees and Santa Claus figurines.

Mexico's government forecast around 50 million tourists from home and abroad would visit southern Mexico in 2012. Up to 200,000 are expected to descend on Chichen Itza on Friday.

"It's a date for doing business, but for me it's just like any other day," said drinks vendor Julian Nohuicab, 34, an ethnic Maya working in the ruins of the ancient city of Coba in Quintana Roo state, not far from the beach resort of Cancun.

Watching busloads of white-haired pensioners and dreadlocked backpackers pile into their heartland, Maya old and young roll their eyes at the suggestion the world will end.

"We don't believe it," said Socorro Poot, 41, a housewife and mother of three in Holca, a village about 25 miles from Chichen Itza. "Nobody knows the day and the hour. Only God knows."

FOREIGN INVADERS

Tracing its origins to the end of the 4th millennium BC, the ancient Mesoamerican civilization of the Maya reached its peak between A.D. 250 and 900 when they ruled over large swathes of southern Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras and Belize.

Famed for developing hieroglyphic writing and an advanced astronomical system, the Maya then began a slow decline, but pockets of the civilization continued to flourish until they were finally subjugated by the Spanish in the 17th century.

Today, ethnic Maya are believed to number at least 7 million in Mexico, Guatemala and other parts of Central America.

The vast majority are nominally Roman Catholics, though many still uphold elements and rites of their old beliefs. According to a 2000 Mexican census, there were also a few hundred Jews and handful of Buddhists among the Maya.

Tales of human sacrifice, pioneering architectural feats and an interest in the stars burnished the Maya's supernatural reputation. So too, say experts, has the misguided notion that the Maya died out with the arrival of the conquistadors.

"That idea that they disappeared culturally back in the deep past is one of these things that feeds into this idea that they are mysterious, that they are otherworldly," said David Stuart, a Maya expert at the University of Texas.

The reality is that many Maya live in rural areas where water can be scarce, communications poor and education patchy.

Even as some shrug their shoulders at the awe and reverence December 21 has inspired, others worry it has become a free meal ticket for sharp-witted businessmen.

"There's the legend and there's the reality," said Yolanda Cornelio, 21, a tourism official in the city of Merida, whose mother speaks Maya at home. "Some people take the legend and abuse it, using it to make money. There's a lot of con artists."

With scores of old Maya ruins, temples and monuments dotting the landscape between southern Mexico and Central America, locals have plenty of opportunities to impress foreign visitors.

One of the most popular attractions lies in a leafy grove near the crumbling pyramids of Coba, where a large stone tablet records the Maya creation date of August 13, 3114 BC - quite literally the cornerstone of the 2012 phenomenon.

"This is a very powerful, sacred place," said Jonathan Ellerby, 39, a writer from Canada. "I feel something energetic, emotional, and I feel I'm in the right place. I really do."

(Additional reporting by Gabriel Stargardter; editing by Dave Graham and Todd Eastham)
Re: Football Betting Season 4 by Michky: 11:10pm On Dec 20, 2012
Michky: IZAMAL, Mexico (Reuters) - Thousands of mystics, New Age dreamers and fans of pre-Hispanic culture have been drawn to Mexico in hopes of witnessing great things when the day in an old Maya calendar dubbed "the end of the world" dawns on Friday.

But many of today's ethnic Maya cannot understand the fuss. Mostly Christian, they have looked on in wonder at the influx of foreign tourists to ancient cities in southern Mexico and Central America whose heyday passed hundreds of years ago.

For students of ancient Mesoamerican time-keeping, December 21, 2012 marks the end of a 5,125-year cycle in the Maya Long Calendar, an event one leading U.S. scholar said in the 1960s could be interpreted as a kind of Armageddon for the Maya.

Academics and astronomers say too much weight was given to the words and have sought to allay fears the end is nigh.

But over the past few decades, fed by popular culture, Friday became seen by some western followers of alternative religions as a day on which momentous change could occur.

"It's a psychosis, a fad," said psychologist Vera Rodriguez, 29, a Mexican of Maya descent living in Izamal, Yucatan state, near the center of the 2012 festivities, the site of Chichen Itza. "I think it's bad for our society and our culture."

Behind Rodriguez, her two children played in a living room decorated with Christmas trees and Santa Claus figurines.

Mexico's government forecast around 50 million tourists from home and abroad would visit southern Mexico in 2012. Up to 200,000 are expected to descend on Chichen Itza on Friday.

"It's a date for doing business, but for me it's just like any other day," said drinks vendor Julian Nohuicab, 34, an ethnic Maya working in the ruins of the ancient city of Coba in Quintana Roo state, not far from the beach resort of Cancun.

Watching busloads of white-haired pensioners and dreadlocked backpackers pile into their heartland, Maya old and young roll their eyes at the suggestion the world will end.

"We don't believe it," said Socorro Poot, 41, a housewife and mother of three in Holca, a village about 25 miles from Chichen Itza. "Nobody knows the day and the hour. Only God knows."

FOREIGN INVADERS

Tracing its origins to the end of the 4th millennium BC, the ancient Mesoamerican civilization of the Maya reached its peak between A.D. 250 and 900 when they ruled over large swathes of southern Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras and Belize.

Famed for developing hieroglyphic writing and an advanced astronomical system, the Maya then began a slow decline, but pockets of the civilization continued to flourish until they were finally subjugated by the Spanish in the 17th century.

Today, ethnic Maya are believed to number at least 7 million in Mexico, Guatemala and other parts of Central America.

The vast majority are nominally Roman Catholics, though many still uphold elements and rites of their old beliefs. According to a 2000 Mexican census, there were also a few hundred Jews and handful of Buddhists among the Maya.

Tales of human sacrifice, pioneering architectural feats and an interest in the stars burnished the Maya's supernatural reputation. So too, say experts, has the misguided notion that the Maya died out with the arrival of the conquistadors.

"That idea that they disappeared culturally back in the deep past is one of these things that feeds into this idea that they are mysterious, that they are otherworldly," said David Stuart, a Maya expert at the University of Texas.

The reality is that many Maya live in rural areas where water can be scarce, communications poor and education patchy.

Even as some shrug their shoulders at the awe and reverence December 21 has inspired, others worry it has become a free meal ticket for sharp-witted businessmen.

"There's the legend and there's the reality," said Yolanda Cornelio, 21, a tourism official in the city of Merida, whose mother speaks Maya at home. "Some people take the legend and abuse it, using it to make money. There's a lot of con artists."

With scores of old Maya ruins, temples and monuments dotting the landscape between southern Mexico and Central America, locals have plenty of opportunities to impress foreign visitors.

One of the most popular attractions lies in a leafy grove near the crumbling pyramids of Coba, where a large stone tablet records the Maya creation date of August 13, 3114 BC - quite literally the cornerstone of the 2012 phenomenon.

"This is a very powerful, sacred place," said Jonathan Ellerby, 39, a writer from Canada. "I feel something energetic, emotional, and I feel I'm in the right place. I really do."

(Additional reporting by Gabriel Stargardter; editing by Dave Graham and Todd Eastham)
Re: Football Betting Season 4 by austinomilando: 11:15pm On Dec 20, 2012
such is life everyman with his own opinion
Re: Football Betting Season 4 by Michky: 11:18pm On Dec 20, 2012
Jerusalem (CNN) -- A day after the U.S. State Department strongly condemned Israel's plans to build a 1,500-unit settlement in East Jerusalem, Israel announced it would continue a plan to build settlements in other East Jerusalem neighborhoods.

On Wednesday, initial approval for a total of up to 3,000 homes in Jerusalem was granted.

Read more: Calm elusive as rockets rain in Gaza, Israel

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told a group of foreign ambassadors from Asia-Pacific countries he met with on Wednesday, while overlooking Jerusalem's Old City: "The walls that you see behind me represent the capital of the Jewish people for 3,000 years. All Israeli governments have built in Jerusalem. We're not going to change that. That's a natural thing."

He went on to say: "Imagine that you had to limit construction in your own capital; it doesn't make sense."

The significance of building in East Jerusalem is that Palestinians have long hoped to make it their capital in a future Palestinian state that would include the West Bank and Gaza. In 1967, Israel captured and annexed East Jerusalem, an action never recognized internationally and long condemned by Palestinians as an obstacle to a two-state solution to the Arab-Israeli conflict.

On Tuesday, Israel announced that settlement building in Ramat Shlomo would continue, a plan originally announced in 2010. Back then, the announcement, which coincided with a visit by Vice President Joe Biden, angered and embarrassed the United States.

Read more: After Israel-Gaza: Who won, who lost?

At the time, the U.S. had brokered indirect talks between Palestinians and Israel that it hoped would reinvigorate the peace process, but the settlement building announcement prompted the Palestinians to pull out of the talks. There have not been peace talks since.

U.S. State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland used the strongest words against Israeli settlements in recent years after Tuesday's announcement to move the settlement plan forward.

"We are deeply disappointed that Israel insists on continuing this pattern of provocative action. These repeated announcements and plans of new construction run counter to the cause of peace. Israel's leaders continually say that they support a path to a two-state solution, yet these actions only put that goal further at risk," she said Tuesday.

Read more: Why Israel might hesitate to start a ground invasion

On Wednesday, Israeli Interior Ministry spokesman Efrat Orbach said of the Ramat Shlomo building plan:

"It is a plan which was passed in the local council (during the visit of U.S. Vice President Joe Biden in March 2010), and two and a half years ago, it was opened to appeals from the public by the regional council. The public's objections were heard this week. As a result of the objections, a number of units were dropped. Now the property developer needs to make the changes to the plan and set out what he is obligated to do according to the plan."

Still, 1,500 new units have been approved.

And a day after Nuland's statement, an Israeli planning committee approved more settlement plans. The latest approval is for the Givat Hamatos and Beit Safafa neighborhoods. If that plan goes to the building stages, they would be the first new settlements built in East Jerusalem since 1997.

Palestinian Authority officials are furious and see this as another indication that Israel is not interested in a two-state solution, something Israel denies.

"If there is a financial cliff in Washington or the United States today, there is a political cliff over a two-state solution (here), and I think we are already slipping down the cliff, because the implementation of the massive settlement program that Israel has announced just today and yesterday it is putting an end to the possibility of a two-state solution," Mohammad Shtayyeh, a Palestinian Authority negotiator and minister, told CNN on Wednesday.

Israel's Jerusalem mayor sees things differently. A statement about Israel's plan to build about 2,600 units in the neighborhoods of Givat Hamatos and Beit Safafa from the mayor's office said: "Mayor Nir Barkat strongly condemns any attempt to undermine or derail the development plans, which will benefit the Jewish and Arab residents of Jerusalem alike. Not planning and developing Jerusalem neighborhoods ultimately harms all residents and landowners -- Arabs and Jews alike."

Read more: Gaza conflict leaves a 'cruel paradox' for Palestinians

Netanyahu spokesman Mark Regev told CNN: "The actual construction is of 3,000 housing units, as was decided by the government on November 30, 2012. All these units are in Jerusalem and the settlement blocs that will stay a part of Israel in a future peace agreement. All other announcements regarding construction refer to stages of planning and zoning, a bureaucratic process that takes years to complete. In any case, this process necessitates a separate decision by the government before actual construction can begin."

The United Nations and many countries in the world consider Israeli settlements illegal and an impediment to the peace process.

Netanyahu has been pushing more settlement expansion ever since the Palestinian leadership petitioned the United Nations for nonmember state status, which it received on November 29 after the majority of U.N. member nations approved it. In essence, the approval created a degree of statehood for Palestinians, though the change is largely symbolic.

The recent settlement approvals do not mean building will commence quickly, but they may heighten tensions between Israel and its Western allies, never mind its Palestinian neighbors who are hoping the international community puts more pressure on Israel over the settlement issue.

"Israel does not understand the language of condemnation; it does not need somebody in a press conference to say we're opposed. Israel needs somebody to link its actions to the economic relations with this or that country. It was (former U.S. Secretary of State) James Baker who stood to say that if Israel continues with the settlement program, we are linking it to loan guarantees that are given to the state of Israel," said Shtayyeh, the Palestinian Authority negotiator.

This is all happening just as Israel is set to elect its next leaders on January 22.
Re: Football Betting Season 4 by Michky: 11:21pm On Dec 20, 2012
(Financial Times) -- The US economy grew at a faster clip than expected of 3.1 per cent in the third quarter, according to the latest revision by the commerce department, putting it in a stronger position to withstand any shock from the looming fiscal cliff.

The figure was higher than the 2.7 per cent annualised growth previously estimated for the third quarter, and far more than the 1 per cent growth rate that was originally calculated by the commerce department two months ago.

The upward revision followed higher net exports, as well as support from consumer and government spending.

Read more: Bank of Japan launches $119bn stimulus

Economists were comforted by the data -- which showed the US economy growing at its fastest since late 2011 -- but cautioned that it was unlikely to last long. "This revision was a healthy one, driven by final sales, not inventories," said Nigel Gault, chief US economist at IHS Global Insight. "But it overstates the economy's momentum, and we expect growth of just below 1 per cent in the fourth quarter."

Mr Gault added that the outcome of talks in Washington to avert the fiscal cliff -- a $600bn contraction made up of tax rises and spending cuts due next year -- would be critical for the US economic outlook.

Read more: Can financial penalties control banks?

"The longer the negotiations drag on -- especially if they extend into January -- the more the uncertainty will hurt consumer and business confidence, and willingness to spend. A timely resolution will help confidence, but we should not expect the economy immediately to spring to life," Mr Gault said.

Last week, the US Federal Reserve showed it was not especially confident in the sustainability of the higher growth rate seen in the third quarter. It took the unprecedented step of tying rock-bottom interest rates to the jobless level, pledging not to raise rates until the unemployment rate falls to 6.5 per cent, as long as inflation does not rise above 2.5 per cent.

The US jobless rate is 7.7 per cent according to the latest data for November from the labour department.

The stronger data on growth on Thursday came amid encouraging figures from the housing sector. The pace of existing home sales rose by 5.9 per cent to a three-year high of 5.04m units in November from 4.76m units the previous month.

"With tightening supply and improving demand, the fundamentals in the US housing market are continuing to move in a very positive direction," says Millan Mulraine of TD Securities.

"Notwithstanding these improving fundamentals, the housing rebound remains vulnerable to any disruption in the overall economic recovery in the near term, and any misstep on averting the fiscal could jeopardise the positive momentum in this crucial sector," he added.

Meanwhile, weekly jobless claims rose by 17,000 to 361,000 -- after a big drop the previous week. The more reliable measure of jobless claims, the four-week moving average, fell to 367,000 as a spike in claims in response to disruptions related to superstorm Sandy in November dropped out of the series.

"Looking through the volatility, it seems that the underlying pace of lay-offs has held fairly steady in recent months," said economists at RBS in a note on Thursday. "That is certainly encouraging given the pullback in capital spending the last few months and the uncertainty surrounding the 2013 outlook, but as we have said repeatedly, it is the slow pace of hiring that is preventing better improvement in the labour market, not the current pace of lay-offs," they added.
Re: Football Betting Season 4 by Michky: 11:22pm On Dec 20, 2012
Michky: Jerusalem (CNN) -- A day after the U.S. State Department strongly condemned Israel's plans to build a 1,500-unit settlement in East Jerusalem, Israel announced it would continue a plan to build settlements in other East Jerusalem neighborhoods.

On Wednesday, initial approval for a total of up to 3,000 homes in Jerusalem was granted.

Read more: Calm elusive as rockets rain in Gaza, Israel

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told a group of foreign ambassadors from Asia-Pacific countries he met with on Wednesday, while overlooking Jerusalem's Old City: "The walls that you see behind me represent the capital of the Jewish people for 3,000 years. All Israeli governments have built in Jerusalem. We're not going to change that. That's a natural thing."

He went on to say: "Imagine that you had to limit construction in your own capital; it doesn't make sense."

The significance of building in East Jerusalem is that Palestinians have long hoped to make it their capital in a future Palestinian state that would include the West Bank and Gaza. In 1967, Israel captured and annexed East Jerusalem, an action never recognized internationally and long condemned by Palestinians as an obstacle to a two-state solution to the Arab-Israeli conflict.

On Tuesday, Israel announced that settlement building in Ramat Shlomo would continue, a plan originally announced in 2010. Back then, the announcement, which coincided with a visit by Vice President Joe Biden, angered and embarrassed the United States.

Read more: After Israel-Gaza: Who won, who lost?

At the time, the U.S. had brokered indirect talks between Palestinians and Israel that it hoped would reinvigorate the peace process, but the settlement building announcement prompted the Palestinians to pull out of the talks. There have not been peace talks since.

U.S. State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland used the strongest words against Israeli settlements in recent years after Tuesday's announcement to move the settlement plan forward.

"We are deeply disappointed that Israel insists on continuing this pattern of provocative action. These repeated announcements and plans of new construction run counter to the cause of peace. Israel's leaders continually say that they support a path to a two-state solution, yet these actions only put that goal further at risk," she said Tuesday.

Read more: Why Israel might hesitate to start a ground invasion

On Wednesday, Israeli Interior Ministry spokesman Efrat Orbach said of the Ramat Shlomo building plan:

"It is a plan which was passed in the local council (during the visit of U.S. Vice President Joe Biden in March 2010), and two and a half years ago, it was opened to appeals from the public by the regional council. The public's objections were heard this week. As a result of the objections, a number of units were dropped. Now the property developer needs to make the changes to the plan and set out what he is obligated to do according to the plan."

Still, 1,500 new units have been approved.

And a day after Nuland's statement, an Israeli planning committee approved more settlement plans. The latest approval is for the Givat Hamatos and Beit Safafa neighborhoods. If that plan goes to the building stages, they would be the first new settlements built in East Jerusalem since 1997.

Palestinian Authority officials are furious and see this as another indication that Israel is not interested in a two-state solution, something Israel denies.

"If there is a financial cliff in Washington or the United States today, there is a political cliff over a two-state solution (here), and I think we are already slipping down the cliff, because the implementation of the massive settlement program that Israel has announced just today and yesterday it is putting an end to the possibility of a two-state solution," Mohammad Shtayyeh, a Palestinian Authority negotiator and minister, told CNN on Wednesday.

Israel's Jerusalem mayor sees things differently. A statement about Israel's plan to build about 2,600 units in the neighborhoods of Givat Hamatos and Beit Safafa from the mayor's office said: "Mayor Nir Barkat strongly condemns any attempt to undermine or derail the development plans, which will benefit the Jewish and Arab residents of Jerusalem alike. Not planning and developing Jerusalem neighborhoods ultimately harms all residents and landowners -- Arabs and Jews alike."

Read more: Gaza conflict leaves a 'cruel paradox' for Palestinians

Netanyahu spokesman Mark Regev told CNN: "The actual construction is of 3,000 housing units, as was decided by the government on November 30, 2012. All these units are in Jerusalem and the settlement blocs that will stay a part of Israel in a future peace agreement. All other announcements regarding construction refer to stages of planning and zoning, a bureaucratic process that takes years to complete. In any case, this process necessitates a separate decision by the government before actual construction can begin."

The United Nations and many countries in the world consider Israeli settlements illegal and an impediment to the peace process.

Netanyahu has been pushing more settlement expansion ever since the Palestinian leadership petitioned the United Nations for nonmember state status, which it received on November 29 after the majority of U.N. member nations approved it. In essence, the approval created a degree of statehood for Palestinians, though the change is largely symbolic.

The recent settlement approvals do not mean building will commence quickly, but they may heighten tensions between Israel and its Western allies, never mind its Palestinian neighbors who are hoping the international community puts more pressure on Israel over the settlement issue.

"Israel does not understand the language of condemnation; it does not need somebody in a press conference to say we're opposed. Israel needs somebody to link its actions to the economic relations with this or that country. It was (former U.S. Secretary of State) James Baker who stood to say that if Israel continues with the settlement program, we are linking it to loan guarantees that are given to the state of Israel," said Shtayyeh, the Palestinian Authority negotiator.

This is all happening just as Israel is set to elect its next leaders on January 22.
Re: Football Betting Season 4 by kalufelix(m): 11:22pm On Dec 20, 2012
If you must play, decide upon three things at the start: the rules of the game, the stakes, and the quitting time. Chinese Proverb The best throw of the dice is to throw them away. English Proverb Gambling is the son of avarice and the father of despair. French Proverb Luck sometimes visits a fool, but it never sits down with him. German Proverb Eat your betting money but don’t bet your eating money. Horseracing proverb Every dog has his day in luck. Japanese Proverb Nine gamblers could not feed a single rooster. Yugoslav proverb*

1 Like

Re: Football Betting Season 4 by kalufelix(m): 11:23pm On Dec 20, 2012
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. Seneca (5 BC – 65 AD) By gaming we lose both our time and treasure – two things most precious to the life of man. Owen Feltham (1602-1668) True luck consists not in holding the best of the cards at the table; luckiest he who knows just when to rise and go home John Ray (1627-1705) If you would be wealthy, think of saving as well as getting. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790) I’m a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it. Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826) Chance only favours the prepared mind. Louis Pasteur (1822-1895) It is not a lucky word, this name “impossible”; no good comes of those who have it so often in their mouths. Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881) What helps luck is a habit of watching for opportunities, of having a patient, but restless mind, of sacrificing one’s ease or vanity, of uniting a love of detail to foresight, and of passing through hard times bravely and cheerfully. Charles Victor Cherbuliez (1829-1899) A dollar picked up in the road is more satisfaction to us than the 99 which we had to work for, and the money won at Faro or in the stock market snuggles into our hearts in the same way. Mark Twain (1835-1910) The only sure thing about luck is that it will change. Bret Harte (1836-1902) The gambling known as business looks with austere disfavor upon the business known as gambling. Ambrose Bierce (1842-1914), The Devil’s Dictionary When I was young, people called me a gambler. As the scale of my operations increased I became known as a speculator. Now I am called a banker. But I have been doing the same thing all the time . Sir Ernest Cassel (1852-1921) Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 Categories: Addiction & Compulsion Conundrums Enlightenment Football Blog Tags: addiction luck responsible gambling You might enjoy this as well: Self Check: Do I Have a Gambling Problem? You may have chosen to open and read this article because you have a gambling problem, or perhaps you are trying to help a family member, or one of your friends? Most ... Are You the Architect of Your own Fortune, or Misfortune? Richard Wiseman of the University of Hertfordshire is a luck expert: In numerous surveys and experiments he has researched what luck actually is and he has ... The Secret to Becoming a Successful Bettor If you are reading this article then you have probably already tried a plethora of different betting strategies, perhaps without great success. Like many others, you may already ... The Ten Golden Rules of Gambling Rule 1: Discipline It doesn’t matter what type of gambling activity you get involved in be it Horse racing, Football, Poker, Roulette, et cetera, if you enter into gambling ... Soccerwidow I am one-hundred per cent a real ‘Soccer-widow’, by definition, “a lady whose marriage dies during football matches”. But I am also a mathematician, with a university degree in financial analysis and business mathematics. Therefore, my interest is aroused not so much by the sporting aspect of a singular match, but more by the mathematical challenge of analysing football results and formulating ‘value’ bets. View all posts by Soccerwidow → Leave a Reply Submit Comment four − 2 = Notify me of followup comments via e- mail. You can also subscribe without commenting. Home About Me It Pays to be a Guest Author Link Directory Privacy Policy Services Terms and Conditions of Use © 2012 Soccerwidow . All rights reserved. POPULAR I don’t bet Unfortunately, more losses Yes, up to GBP 500 profit Yes, up to GBP 5000 profit Absolutely, I make a living from betting. Other: Vote View Results Polldaddy.com Like 0 18 Responses to “Top 50 Quotes about Gambling, Luck and Money” « Older Comments Reply Marianna 28 October 2012 at 7:13 pm # Heads they win; tails we lose! I know of people who believe that winning is everything and that they have failed in a sense, if they do not win. Winning and losing are not mutually exclusive. Even if one should ‘lose’ there is so much that they could have ‘won’. If one’s perspective is grounded in respecting the journey then so much can be learnt from a loss. Winning and losing are not mutually exclusive and should not be perceived to be so. Name (Required) Mail (will not be published) (Required) Home STORE Betting Maths Betting Advice Football Blog Enlightenment
Re: Football Betting Season 4 by kalufelix(m): 11:29pm On Dec 20, 2012
It is better to have a permanent income than to be fascinating. Oscar Wilde (1854-1900), The Model Millionaire Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes . Oscar Wilde (1854-1900), Lady Windermere’s Fan, Act III Whenever a man does a thoroughly stupid thing, it is always from the noblest motives. Oscar Wilde (1854-1900), The Picture of Dorian Gray The roulette table pays nobody except him that keeps it. Nevertheless a passion for gaming is common, though a passion for keeping roulette tables is unknown. George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950) In gambling the many must lose in order that the few may win. George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950) The golden rule is that there are no golden rules. George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950) The only man who makes money following the races is one who does it with a broom and shovel. Elbert Hubbard (1856-1915) Luck, bad if not good, will always be with us. But it has a way of favoring the intelligent and showing its back to the stupid. John Dewey (1859-1952) The safest way to double your money is to fold it over once and put it in your pocket. Kim Hubbard (1868-1930) Gambling: The sure way of getting nothing from something. Wilson Mizner (1876-1933) Remember this: The house doesn’t beat the player. It just gives him the opportunity to beat himself. Nicholas Dandalos “Nick the Greek” (1883-1966) The urge to gamble is so universal and its practice so pleasurable, that I assume it must be evil. Heywood Broun (1888-1939)
Re: Football Betting Season 4 by kalufelix(m): 11:30pm On Dec 20, 2012
kalufelix: It is better to have a permanent income than to be fascinating. Oscar Wilde (1854-1900), The Model Millionaire Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes . Oscar Wilde (1854-1900), Lady Windermere’s Fan, Act III Whenever a man does a thoroughly stupid thing, it is always from the noblest motives. Oscar Wilde (1854-1900), The Picture of Dorian Gray The roulette table pays nobody except him that keeps it. Nevertheless a passion for gaming is common, though a passion for keeping roulette tables is unknown. George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950) In gambling the many must lose in order that the few may win. George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950) The golden rule is that there are no golden rules. George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950) The only man who makes money following the races is one who does it with a broom and shovel. Elbert Hubbard (1856-1915) Luck, bad if not good, will always be with us. But it has a way of favoring the intelligent and showing its back to the stupid. John Dewey (1859-1952) The safest way to double your money is to fold it over once and put it in your pocket. Kim Hubbard (1868-1930) Gambling: The sure way of getting nothing from something. Wilson Mizner (1876-1933) Remember this: The house doesn’t beat the player. It just gives him the opportunity to beat himself. Nicholas Dandalos “Nick the Greek” (1883-1966) The urge to gamble is so universal and its practice so pleasurable, that I assume it must be evil. Heywood Broun (1888-1939)
stay tuned...hehehe
Re: Football Betting Season 4 by Michky: 11:42pm On Dec 20, 2012
Editor's note: Chude Jideonwo is the executive director of The Future Project Nigeria. He has worked as a journalist for 11 years. He was an Editor and Member of the Editorial Board at NEXT Newspapers. He's also Managing Director of Red Media group. The below is an extract of an address he gave at the Future Awards ceremony on Sunday in Port Harcourt, Nigeria

Port Harcourt, Nigeria (CNN) -- It occurred to me for the first time as I sat in the car's front seat and felt my father's cold corpse in the back seat in May 2007. The nurses at the Ikorodu General Hospital had just said no to his body. He had died from heart failure an hour or two before. They needed a police report.

I could hardly believe the utter coldness of it. But I had yet to see -- or hear -- the worst. Because I am born and bred in Nigeria, I knew that, at 11pm, the body of my dear father might rot if I sat there pondering the inanity of the request or stood up to argue its inhumanity, so I led the convoy to the nearest police station.

Opinion: Why Nigerians are no longer content with 'suffering and smiling'

There, with the most pointed lack of compassion I had ever witnessed up onto that point, the police proceeded to haggle with themselves over how much they would extract from a 24-year-old who had just lost his father -- a father whose dead body was only a few meters away.

As they dropped my father's body in that unkempt, abominable mortuary (one in which I had to tip the caretaker daily on my way to work so that the corpse would not be left to decompose), I could only think of what an abominable country I was so unfortunate to come from, and to live in.

I recalled that scene as I came across pictures of rotten corpses stacked on each other in a room -- victims of June's Dana Crash; "rotting carcasses of human beings stacked on each other, fluids mingling."

More: Nigerians demand answers in wake of Dana Air crash

That is when it hit me. We are living like animals in this country. I remember my father -- and how he, and I, were treated so terribly because our country does not care for any one.

These Dana Crash dead bodies weren't victims of a serial killer locked in a room for months or of a brutal civil war with shut-down health-care services -- these were citizens of a country, who had just been visited by their president a day before, nonetheless treated in death with relentless disrespect. They had been killed by their country -- and it couldn't even pack their bodies well.

It could have been you, or me. It's not just that it could have been me. That's not the worst part. This is the worst part: I could have been the one in that flight waiting for 20 minutes after a fatal crash; sitting there in mind-numbing agony, knowing the plane would soon explode and kill me because I live in a country where emergency services would arrive only about an hour after, and people will die who could have been saved.

That's the part that gets me. And as I watched officials scramble to protect their irrelevant jobs so that they could make enough money to buy First Class tickets on airlines that might crash and kill their children tomorrow, I realized how hopeless we had become as Nigerians.

So I ask myself; why are we still in Nigeria -- a country that does not deserve many of us -- even when we have a choice? Why are we not like the generation that left town? Why are we living in a country that cannot protect us, has not supported us, will not satisfy us?

More: Nigeria's oil economics fuel deadly protests

The logical thing to do is to leave fastest way we can; once the opportunity turns up. But we stay and we come back, because we go better, because it is well, because God dey; because somehow, somehow we think we can survive it; maybe even improve it .

But let's tell ourselves the truth -- many of you in this hall have already given up on Nigeria. Many of us are convinced that this ship is sinking, this country cannot change. We do not trust our politicians, but that is even cliché. We do not trust the activists. Everyone is seen as searching for a piece of that national cake. That's what we have become as a country: an unending race for a part of that cake.

It is difficult to have faith even when you look at the young people -- scrambling for crumbs off the table, buffeted by the need to avoid the poverty of their fathers, changing principle on whim just like those before them; perpetuating scams in the name of advocacy, running businesses long on hype and short on substance. It is difficult to have faith in that kind of country. It is herculean to believe in it. It is almost impossible to be proud of it.

More: Nigeria on edge as Islamist group extends campaign of violence

No, Nigeria, is not a great country. It wasn't great yesterday, it isn't great today. It can be great, it should be great, it could have been great, and if we sit down and get serious, it will be great.

After the Dana Crash, I gave up hope in this country; I lost my faith, I struggled with my love. But two day later, I was back working for the country, and that is the real story.

In pictures: Putting a face on Nigeria's "paradise lost"

It is okay to fall out of love, it is okay to hate that love every once in a while, it is okay to condemn, to criticise, to react, to fight, to protest, to demand; but you must return to loving it, you must return to being pained.

It is the reason despite Governor Amaechi spending two hours debating fiercely with us that our generation is only interested in continuing the "chopping", he decided that it is crucial to get the brightest of that generation here to inspire the young people in Rivers State and across Nigeria -- moving it from an idea in 2006 that couldn't even pay for the hall in which it held, to a movement in 2012 that has taken over this Port Harcourt.

It's because beneath a tough-talking governor lies a tender spot for his country and its future -- and I see it daily across this country even from the lips of those who curse it. Even in those who appear to be ripping the country to shreds, every once in a while you see that wistfulness for what might have been.

More: Goodluck Jonathan: Nigeria's embattled president

But, this is the good news, it is not too late. I do not come as a prophet of cliché, I come here as a student of history because other countries have done it. This shipping is sinking, but it hasn't yet sunk. As long as we are in Nigeria, as long as Nigerians live in Nigeria and work in Nigeria, and fight for Nigeria, and refuse to give up on Nigeria, there is hope.

We cannot ever lose that pain that we should feel for a country that continues to fail us. No matter how disappointed we are in our country, we cannot abandon it. We cannot use Nigeria as an excuse to fail Nigeria.

Pehaps we should handle Nigeria the way a mother handles a drug-addicted child -- with tough love sometimes, with deliberate gentility at other times; demanding at one time, encouraging at the other.

Listen guys, we are all we've got, and this should be the turning point generation.

See more from the the Future Project Nigeria

I don't come here to excite you; I come here so we can encourage one another. I come here to remind us that, after all said and done, you and I are still here. And 'cause we are still here, we have no choice but to keep working.

Let's keep the faith. If we stumble, let's rise. When we fall, let's rebound. Let's refuse to let Nigeria go, let's insist that it must work. Let's keep working until it changes; let's keep changing until we tear down these walls.

Because we can. Because we have no choice. Because we love this land.

God bless Nairaland!!
Re: Football Betting Season 4 by Michky: 11:43pm On Dec 20, 2012
Michky: Editor's note: Chude Jideonwo is the executive director of The Future Project Nigeria. He has worked as a journalist for 11 years. He was an Editor and Member of the Editorial Board at NEXT Newspapers. He's also Managing Director of Red Media group. The below is an extract of an address he gave at the Future Awards ceremony on Sunday in Port Harcourt, Nigeria

Port Harcourt, Nigeria (CNN) -- It occurred to me for the first time as I sat in the car's front seat and felt my father's cold corpse in the back seat in May 2007. The nurses at the Ikorodu General Hospital had just said no to his body. He had died from heart failure an hour or two before. They needed a police report.

I could hardly believe the utter coldness of it. But I had yet to see -- or hear -- the worst. Because I am born and bred in Nigeria, I knew that, at 11pm, the body of my dear father might rot if I sat there pondering the inanity of the request or stood up to argue its inhumanity, so I led the convoy to the nearest police station.

Opinion: Why Nigerians are no longer content with 'suffering and smiling'

There, with the most pointed lack of compassion I had ever witnessed up onto that point, the police proceeded to haggle with themselves over how much they would extract from a 24-year-old who had just lost his father -- a father whose dead body was only a few meters away.

As they dropped my father's body in that unkempt, abominable mortuary (one in which I had to tip the caretaker daily on my way to work so that the corpse would not be left to decompose), I could only think of what an abominable country I was so unfortunate to come from, and to live in.

I recalled that scene as I came across pictures of rotten corpses stacked on each other in a room -- victims of June's Dana Crash; "rotting carcasses of human beings stacked on each other, fluids mingling."

More: Nigerians demand answers in wake of Dana Air crash

That is when it hit me. We are living like animals in this country. I remember my father -- and how he, and I, were treated so terribly because our country does not care for any one.

These Dana Crash dead bodies weren't victims of a serial killer locked in a room for months or of a brutal civil war with shut-down health-care services -- these were citizens of a country, who had just been visited by their president a day before, nonetheless treated in death with relentless disrespect. They had been killed by their country -- and it couldn't even pack their bodies well.

It could have been you, or me. It's not just that it could have been me. That's not the worst part. This is the worst part: I could have been the one in that flight waiting for 20 minutes after a fatal crash; sitting there in mind-numbing agony, knowing the plane would soon explode and kill me because I live in a country where emergency services would arrive only about an hour after, and people will die who could have been saved.

That's the part that gets me. And as I watched officials scramble to protect their irrelevant jobs so that they could make enough money to buy First Class tickets on airlines that might crash and kill their children tomorrow, I realized how hopeless we had become as Nigerians.

So I ask myself; why are we still in Nigeria -- a country that does not deserve many of us -- even when we have a choice? Why are we not like the generation that left town? Why are we living in a country that cannot protect us, has not supported us, will not satisfy us?

More: Nigeria's oil economics fuel deadly protests

The logical thing to do is to leave fastest way we can; once the opportunity turns up. But we stay and we come back, because we go better, because it is well, because God dey; because somehow, somehow we think we can survive it; maybe even improve it .

But let's tell ourselves the truth -- many of you in this hall have already given up on Nigeria. Many of us are convinced that this ship is sinking, this country cannot change. We do not trust our politicians, but that is even cliché. We do not trust the activists. Everyone is seen as searching for a piece of that national cake. That's what we have become as a country: an unending race for a part of that cake.

It is difficult to have faith even when you look at the young people -- scrambling for crumbs off the table, buffeted by the need to avoid the poverty of their fathers, changing principle on whim just like those before them; perpetuating scams in the name of advocacy, running businesses long on hype and short on substance. It is difficult to have faith in that kind of country. It is herculean to believe in it. It is almost impossible to be proud of it.

More: Nigeria on edge as Islamist group extends campaign of violence

No, Nigeria, is not a great country. It wasn't great yesterday, it isn't great today. It can be great, it should be great, it could have been great, and if we sit down and get serious, it will be great.

After the Dana Crash, I gave up hope in this country; I lost my faith, I struggled with my love. But two day later, I was back working for the country, and that is the real story.

In pictures: Putting a face on Nigeria's "paradise lost"

It is okay to fall out of love, it is okay to hate that love every once in a while, it is okay to condemn, to criticise, to react, to fight, to protest, to demand; but you must return to loving it, you must return to being pained.

It is the reason despite Governor Amaechi spending two hours debating fiercely with us that our generation is only interested in continuing the "chopping", he decided that it is crucial to get the brightest of that generation here to inspire the young people in Rivers State and across Nigeria -- moving it from an idea in 2006 that couldn't even pay for the hall in which it held, to a movement in 2012 that has taken over this Port Harcourt.

It's because beneath a tough-talking governor lies a tender spot for his country and its future -- and I see it daily across this country even from the lips of those who curse it. Even in those who appear to be ripping the country to shreds, every once in a while you see that wistfulness for what might have been.

More: Goodluck Jonathan: Nigeria's embattled president

But, this is the good news, it is not too late. I do not come as a prophet of cliché, I come here as a student of history because other countries have done it. This shipping is sinking, but it hasn't yet sunk. As long as we are in Nigeria, as long as Nigerians live in Nigeria and work in Nigeria, and fight for Nigeria, and refuse to give up on Nigeria, there is hope.

We cannot ever lose that pain that we should feel for a country that continues to fail us. No matter how disappointed we are in our country, we cannot abandon it. We cannot use Nigeria as an excuse to fail Nigeria.

Pehaps we should handle Nigeria the way a mother handles a drug-addicted child -- with tough love sometimes, with deliberate gentility at other times; demanding at one time, encouraging at the other.

Listen guys, we are all we've got, and this should be the turning point generation.

See more from the the Future Project Nigeria

I don't come here to excite you; I come here so we can encourage one another. I come here to remind us that, after all said and done, you and I are still here. And 'cause we are still here, we have no choice but to keep working.

Let's keep the faith. If we stumble, let's rise. When we fall, let's rebound. Let's refuse to let Nigeria go, let's insist that it must work. Let's keep working until it changes; let's keep changing until we tear down these walls.

Because we can. Because we have no choice. Because we love this land.

God bless Nairaland!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (101)

9 Silent Nigerian Billionaires Who Keep Their Wealth On A Low Key(photos) / Dangote Drives Himself To Pastor Ituah's Place On Condolence Visit / How To Send And Receive Paypal Funds In Nigeria (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 220
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.