Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,204 members, 7,950,158 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 09:34 AM

Career In The Oil & Gas Industry - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Career In The Oil & Gas Industry (1623 Views)

How To Survive In The Oil And Gas Industry? / Top 10 Most Demanded Jobs In The Oil And Gas Industry / How Do I Break Into Oil & Gas Industry In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Career In The Oil & Gas Industry by Nobody: 4:24pm On Dec 02, 2012
I have searched round and I can't seem to find any major forum/ topic for Oil & Gas, hence the need to create this topic.
I'll like interested participant to raise topics and make contributions.
First of all, I have realized there are a few professional courses in high demand these days for young people who have interest in pursuing a career in the Oil and Gas sector.
Some of them I am aware of and have some understanding of are:
• Certificate in Oil and Gas Health & Safety        
• Certificate in Subsea Oil and Gas Exploitation
• Certificate in Oil and Gas Offshore Design- Jacket Platform and Pile Design
• Certificate in Process Piping Design
• Introductory Certificate in Reservoir Engineering
• Certificate in Drilling & Well Completion
• FPSO
This are just a few out of the many courses that could land one a six digit salary Oil and gas job.
I am building a career in oil and gas and I'ld love for like-minds to share their contributions and experience.
Cheers,
James
Re: Career In The Oil & Gas Industry by analo: 9:43pm On Dec 02, 2012
Am so much interested in dis topic,wia ar all d oil guys nw?
Re: Career In The Oil & Gas Industry by Nobody: 6:29am On Dec 03, 2012
@adekolap Please dont spam this thread with your affiliate link nonsense. This thread is for Nigerians looking to pursue a career in the Oil & Gas industry.
Re: Career In The Oil & Gas Industry by Nobody: 6:29am On Dec 03, 2012
@adekolapo Please dont spam this thread with your affiliate link nonsense. This thread is for Nigerians looking to pursue a career in the Oil & Gas industry.
Re: Career In The Oil & Gas Industry by analo: 7:23am On Dec 03, 2012
Who b dis Adecolapoo
Re: Career In The Oil & Gas Industry by haffikem(m): 10:43am On Dec 03, 2012
yes the james.i am also a fresh graduate and intending to venture into the oil industry.i studied elect/comp eng. I dont kwn if there is a certification concerning computing in relation to the oil industry ?
Re: Career In The Oil & Gas Industry by Insanity(m): 4:45pm On Dec 03, 2012
haffikem: yes the james.i am also a fresh graduate and intending to venture into the oil industry.i studied elect/comp eng. I dont kwn if there is a certification concerning computing in relation to the oil industry ?

As an electtrical engr, u should be godd with ya design softwares like P&id etc
Re: Career In The Oil & Gas Industry by Nobody: 8:15pm On Dec 03, 2012
There are positions for All engineering field, geology, geophysics,and Industrial chemistry
Re: Career In The Oil & Gas Industry by log1(m): 6:20pm On Dec 08, 2012
@thejames What abt a Mining Engineer that wants to venture in oil sector, hw is he/she going to go abt it?
Re: Career In The Oil & Gas Industry by PreciousBro: 3:40am On Dec 10, 2012
TheJames: There are positions for All engineering field, geology, geophysics,and Industrial chemistry

shocked Bro did you just say industrial chemistry

Studied that as a course,been looking for what to advance in (msc) or certification program so I can be in line with the oil&gas corp or any Engr field" cuz peeps from such firms keep saying industrial chemistry has no connection with them Engr nd oil coy industries...

Sad sad sad!!
Re: Career In The Oil & Gas Industry by KayDee4: 5:37am On Dec 10, 2012
~PreciousBro~:

shocked Bro did you just say industrial chemistry

Studied that as a course,been looking for what to advance in (msc) or certification program so I can be in line with the oil&gas corp or any Engr field" cuz peeps from such firms keep saying industrial chemistry has no connection with them Engr nd oil coy industries...

Sad sad sad!!

Chemists may not be in as high demand as engineers and geoscientists for the E&P Companies, but there is definitely some connection between the qualification and the industry. Some companies employ Industrial Chemists and Chemical Engineers as Production Chemists, that's probably where your degree fits.
Re: Career In The Oil & Gas Industry by PreciousBro: 8:16am On Dec 10, 2012
shocked double post
Re: Career In The Oil & Gas Industry by PreciousBro: 8:17am On Dec 10, 2012
so basically,I can advance in production or chemical engineering related courses ? Like ?

Thanks fam!
Re: Career In The Oil & Gas Industry by PalmTree(m): 11:30am On Dec 14, 2012
Guys, how about Geographic Information Systems professionals, Any link with Oil and Gas coys?

(1) (Reply)

How To Earn 5-10 Dollars Per Day From Google Adsense And Youtube / ' / Most Difficult Interview Question

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.